Sixth Floor Reviews

47 | Milwaukee, WI

47 Reviews for Sixth Floor

Bree · Married on 08/17/2018

A beautiful venue with amazing people to work with!

We had our wedding (ceremony and reception) here and loved it! They were very flexible on catering and bar service which made things a lot easier for us. There was one mis hap with the caterer the day of but it was handled before it was brought to my attention. Both Liz and Clai were very calming to me in the days leading up to and the day of the wedding. I am a bit of a control freak but I had complete faith in Clai and Liz! Liz was very responsive to any questions and concerns I had. When it comes to Liz, my only regret is that I will probably not have an opportunity to plan anything with her again. We had 175 guests and did not use the dance floor for seating. It ended up being a little cramped so I would highly recommend using all the space if you have close to 200 guests.

It’s a lovely venue and we highly recommend it!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Leslie · Married on 07/14/2018

My wedding was beautiful at this location! Sixth Floor is extremely flexible and easy to work with. Very quick to answer the many questions a bride would have. There aren't a lot of restrictions which helps a ton with making the day the way you want. Almost all of my vendors I found separately. You're able to use the poeple you want to use. Also, there were NO sneaky or added fees - that's a great thing!

It was a unique, beautiful, spacious area. I had about 130 guests, with plenty of room. They do provide lighting in different colors that is able to be used depending on the ambiance you desire - I loved this. There's a cute little side room that can be a great place to use as a photo room or anything else your creative mind may come up with. The dance floor is big enough for a crowd that likes to get down. Bathrooms are connected to the venue space, but hidden enough to not easily see them.

Also, the hotel staff were very friendly during my time there which was a plus for sure! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone out there looking for a place for their wedding or event.

Photo Credit: Mike Booye Photography https://www.mikebooyephotography.com/

Sent on 08/07/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

Thank you so much we loved meeting all your guests and appreciate all the kind words! We want to grow from each wedding experience so this means a lot! Clai and Liz!

Janet · Married on 07/07/2018

We stumbled upon the Sixth Floor while searching for a new venue when our original venue fell through less than 5 months of our wedding date and I messaged them on a whim. Luck had it that our Saturday was the last Saturday available because it just reopened up, so we made a tour and fell in love with space. All I can say is I am SO thankful for the Sixth Floor because our wedding turned out even better than we had originally planned, and I know that is directly related to Clai and Stacie. They are there every step of the way and made the process SO easy, and where there helping every step of the way the day of. We were able to have all of the vendors we had already booked because of their open concept which made things even easier for us. If we had do to it again, we would have our wedding at the Sixth Floor.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/16/2018

Liz and Clai were AWESOME to work with!! Without any preferred vendors we were required to have, and the option of using their bartenders or doing our own bar, along with being very flexible in how we used the space, we had a lot of freedom to be more creative and make our wedding uniquely our own. They answered my questions day and night, no matter how many I had! I definitely recommend having your wedding at the SixthFloor, they truly did all they could to make sure our wedding day went as smoothly as possible- and it turned out beautiful and stress-free for my husband and I as a result!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Stacie · Married on 06/02/2018

Booking our reception at Sixth Floor Milwaukee was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. There are many choices for reception venues in Downtown Milwaukee, but none that give you the flexibility to make choices on how you want to handle food and beverage like they do at Sixth Floor. We were able to save significant dollars by handling the bar ourselves - buying the alcohol and hiring bartenders - and were able to provide open bar for our guests for the entire reception. We also were able to choose the caterer that we liked and fit our budget - rather than having to choose from a limited list provided by the vendor. On top of that, Clai and Stacie were extremely responsive, accommodating and hands-on during the planning process and on the day of the event. They went above and beyond what was committed in our contract, which we are extremely grateful for. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding!!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Chelsea · Married on 05/19/2018

Clai, Liz and Staci were fantastic to work with. Start to finish, everything was so easy to coordinate and they were very accommodating as we worked to pull together our wedding day. They know their venue well and are seasoned event managers - both of which showed in their recommendations for how to best use the space and their execution of everything day-of. We would highly recommend them and Sixth Floor to anyone looking to host an event - wedding, corporate or otherwise. Your expectations will be exceeded!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

We did not expect such a beautiful review! I guess all we can say is we are the place for the Gal or Guy on the run! Let us get it together and all you have to do is show up! LOL ! We really enjoyed having all of your and your friends thank you again for choosing our venue! Claiborne , Staci and Liz!

Jennifer and Paul · Married on 05/18/2018

Paul and I had looked at over 10 venues and chose the Sixth Floor and we could not have been happier with the outcome on our Wedding day on May 18th Not only did the crew guide us from the beginning but both owner's and the Wedding director were there for our whole Wedding. We truly enjoyed our experience and highly recommend Sixth Floor.
    Paul and Jennifer Johnson

Sent on 05/30/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

Paul and Jennifer thanks so much we loved having you and your family here and thanks for cleaning up the KITCHEN so darn well !!! You have amazing Chefs in your family you can cook for us anytime.
    Elizabeth!

Lizanne · Married on 05/11/2018

I recently just got married at the Sixthfloor. I can’t Thank the staff enough for everything they did for us. Elizabeth , Clai, and Staci are incredible people to work with. They were always available to answer questions. They went above and beyond to make our day so special. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for an absolutely beautiful venue that allows you to bring in your own caterer.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

Wow , that was such a wonderful review thank you so much it was also so much fun hanging with your bridesmaids all night long LOL.... Anyway thanks again for having your Wedding here in our venue.
    Staci, Elizabeth and Claiborne

Sonda · Married on 04/14/2018

The Sixth Floor is absolutely amazing we had our daughters Quince here. We loved how beautiful the venue is. Clay, Staci and Liz were the best they, accommodated us with everything we needed for my daughters special day. We are looking forward to our next experience at The Sixth Floor!

-The Rodriguez Family

Sent on 04/22/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

We loved having all of you and getting to know your family ! Thank you for the wonderful review!

Karen · Married on 03/17/2018

Once we saw The Sixth Floor we fell in love with it! Our wedding reception was beautiful and the staff was extremely personable and helpful during the entire process. They went above & beyond to meet our needs. We are so grateful. This venue is definitely the best bang for your buck!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Kevin M · Married on 11/25/2017

My wife and I couldn’t have asked for anything more from this vendor. We completely loved the fact that we had almost 100% control over the vision we had for our wedding at The Sixth Floor. Clai, Liz, Stacy, and the hotel staff were excellence when it came to solving any minor or major problems we encountered throughout the weekend. Highly recommend this venue for any occasion.

Sent on 12/07/2017
  • D'shawndra

Drea · Married on 09/20/2020

Best venue ever!

The most amazing venue it is SO beautiful and blows my mind on the kindness and flexibility of the rules for no minimum down and allows you to completely Express yourself through the decor and catering. I honestly couldn't have been able to afford or get what I truly wanted if it wasn't for them so the coordinator is AMAZING. He helps TONS and I am just so proud to have met him and get the help I really needed. With six floor you will never go wrong.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Sixth Floor's reply:

Thank you so much for this review and we have not even had your wedding however, it is going to be amazing!
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/18/2020

Great Venue with HUGE diy potential

This venue was perfect for my wedding vision. It is centrally located in Milwaukee, which makes for a beautiful setting for photos as well as the actual view from the venue. The space is very blank and open, which allows for a ton of creativity both with seating/table arrangements, decorations, and lighting. Clai, the venue owner, is also incredible and extremely responsive. He helped every step of the way to ensure the day was exactly as I envisioned it. I was so pleased. As an added bonus, the opportunity to provide my own caterer and bar staff was great and helped to keep the day affordable. Overall, I am so glad I chose the Sixth Floor as my wedding venue.

Sent on 09/26/2020

Andrew Amann · Married on 09/07/2019

My wedding

Bartenders were awesome. The venue looks absolutely gorgeous. We had a blast all night long for our wedding. Clai is very quick to respond to an email or phone call.

Sent on 09/11/2019

Laquen · Married on 08/30/2019

We LOVED the Sixth Floor and Clai!

We absolutely loved working with the Sixth Floor as our wedding reception venue. Getting to bring in all of our own stuff was an incredible cost savings to us! Right down to bringing in our own beer and alcohol, it's not often you can find a full, open bar for 200+ guests for under $2,500 and working with the Sixth Floor allowed us to do that. In addition to cost savings, the venue was absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on the neat lighting and architecture in the room. And being a Friday wedding, we were able to come in and setup all week long - BIG stress relief for a DIY bride determined to do it all on her own. And when Clai was setting up the room for us, he rearranged it so many times to make sure it was the perfect flow to the room that our guests weren't crowded and we were happy with the layout. Oh, and on the actual wedding day, Clai was present to make sure everything went off flawlessly. He even personally delivered drinks from the bar to the head table to make sure we were all happy. TALK ABOUT SERVICE! Everything was perfection from start to finish. Highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for the perfect place to hold their reception!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Mr & Mrs · Married on 10/12/2018

The Sixth Floor venue's elegance speaks volumes, not to mention the owner's ideas and flexibility. Our DIY wedding dreams came true, thanks Clai!

-Mr. & Mrs. Sprewell

Sent on 10/14/2018

jo · Married on 09/29/2017

We had the pleasure of doing a corporate event in this bright, modern yet classic venue in downtown Milwaukee. The view from the SixthFloor venue offered beautiful views and space, a great floor for dancing and we had what felt like our very own elevator, very penthouse feel! Clai and his team were great partners with us throughout the planning, setting up, offering suggestions and services right up until the very end. Also worth noting was the always "can -do" attitude, there was a genuine shared sense of excitement for the success of our event... how cool is that?! AND it was affordable and worth it. I am a fan of the SixthFloor.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Sixth Floor's reply:

Wow that is a great review we both thank you and always strive to be the best in what we do! !!!!!!

Lindsay · event on: 09/27/2017

SIXTHFLOOR was an amazing venue and location for an launch event we held. The team are extremely cooperative and helped ensure they made the event as successful as possible.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Sixth Floor's reply:

Thank you for a great review we loved working with all of you and feel we made some long time friends!

Jesse · Married on 08/11/2018

We had our wedding on 8/11/18. Our guest absolutely LOVED the venue and so did we. Everything turned out amazing. Clai and Liz are awesome to work with.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Jesse and Sandra we really enjoyed working with the both of you and so happy you are satisfied with the outcome! We have such passion for what we do that I think we get as nervous as the couple that is getting married that day. Have a wonderful marriage and may it be filled with love and happiness. Claiborne and Elizabeth

Sonia · Married on 09/22/2019

They have been great!

We are in the early stages of planning and we really wanted to find an affordable venue that would let us bring our own food and this is one of the few places that has been so accommodating in that regard.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Hi Sonia,
    That was sweet of you to leave us a review so early! You can count on me to make sure your wedding will be perfect for the both of you! CLAI

Sandy · Married on 06/16/2018

We were able to seat 185 people! Great venue!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Sixth Floor's reply:

Thank you so much for having your Daughters wedding with us and thank you for the nice comment! Clai, Liz and Staci!
  • Alexis

Alexis Carter · Married on 09/20/2020

3.0

Sixth Floor Mke

The vendor was supper nice and attentive. He was very flexible and understanding about things we wanted to make our day special!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Sixth Floor's reply:

We thank you so much for the review and appreciate you letting us share your special day we wish you both much love and happiness!