Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Reviews

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park 7
  • Katie

Katie Staulters · Married on 05/31/2019

Wouldn't Change A Thing

Our wedding was amazing! The planning process was a breeze. Tori was so easy to communicate with and answered all of our questions. Everything went as planned. Our guests kept telling us that our food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. We had our dream wedding and we wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Lindsey · Married on 05/26/2018

After a decent amount of searching, and finding little within our price range, my (now) husband and I (it sounds so weird to say!!) where surprised to find the affordability of The Great Escape Lodge. Their packages can not be beat; appetizers, food, drinks, toasts, cake cutting, bridal suite, and more all are included in their contract. But that is not even the best part! The AMAZING staff that helped us create the wedding of our dreams where! Tori, Heather, and Alex where some of the most accommodating, helpful, and sweet people I have ever met! Although we chose The Great Escape Lodge because it helped do a lot of planning for us, I came with a tornado of decorations that would have overwhelmed most people. They PERFECTLY placed everything for us, transforming their ballroom and cocktail area into an awesome space for our families to gather. I can not speak highly enough about these three and the staff that helped make the night possible.

On top of their coordinating expertise, the food was awesome! We did a buffet of Salmon, Chicken, Potatoes, and Ratatouille. So good! And did I mention the brie and pear/raspberry rolls we had as appetizers? TO DIE FOR.

So to sum it all up, if you are wedding shopping for a do-it-all venue, look no further. The Great Escape Lodge can not be beat with Food, Service, Accommodations, Hospitality, Coordination, and just sheer AWSOMENESS!

Thank you so much to Tori, Heather, Alex, and all the staff that made our wedding possible! It was a day we will never forget! You guys rock!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park 14
    Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park 15
    Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park 16

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2017

Delicious food, fun atomosphere. Tori & Alex were amazing, & organized the whole day start to finish. They went above & beyond to give us a very special wedding. Very attentive & a pleasure to work with! The whole staff was friendly! Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Abbigail · Married on 06/21/2017

This place is just amazing we had the most magical wedding ever and Great Escape lodge did an amazing job making my vision come true

Sent on 05/14/2018

Deborah · event on 12/12/2014

Our Christmas Party at the Great Escape Six Flags Lodge this year was a tremendous hit .. a great time was enjoyed by all.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Cambria · Married on 09/05/2014

The wedding packages offered by the lodge were by far the best deal that I found. The sales manager was very willing to tailor the event to fit our budget and guest list. We got such an excellent value for what we paid. The Lodge was beautiful and everyone raved about the food. Our wedding coordinator Hannah was amazing. She was at my side whenever I needed her. She definitely had it under control. At one point I needed a band-aid (dang shoes!) and she was back in a flash putting it on for me. I cannot say enough wonderful things. Alex was in charge of the food and the point person for my groom and his groomsmen. He was wonderful as well. We did not have to leave our seats for food and drink which made it much easier to say hello to all of our guests. The Lodge is where it's at!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Elizabeth · event on 01/24/2014

The Great Escape Lodge went above and beyond our expectations for our Corporate Employee Recognition event. We were on a tight budget and the GE Lodge worked with us to hold a great event. The meal was delicious, and service was outstanding. Starting with the sales department, to our event captain, and the waitstaff they did not miss a detail.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Rose · Married on 12/31/2010

Great and Beautiful and the staff are amazing and on top of their game.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Heather · Married on 05/03/2013

Best weekend of my life. Everyone was amazing.

Sent on 05/04/2013

Jill · Married on 09/15/2012

Steve was wonderful to work with. He worked with us on every detail to ensure that out day was perfect! The food was exactly what we wanted and the reception was lovely! A perfect day!

Sent on 02/27/2013

Jodie · Married on 12/06/2014

Hannah was an amazing wedding coordinator!! She could not have been more kind, helpful and accommodating!! I am a bit of a control freak, so it was very hard for me to not see the room before my wedding but to my surprise it was beautiful and so perfect!! More than I could have imagined!! The food was excellent, and the price was very affordable! I highly recommend the Lodge for a great family friendly wedding!!!

Sent on 12/19/2014
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/08/2019

Everything was great

Tori was amazing. She helped us from start to finish over the course of 2 years. The front desk however, was extremely rude and difficult with our guests whenever they needed to book or needed help with anything else. Besides that, everything else went exactly as I had planned. Very nice place to have your big day.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • User3591923 · 2+ years ago

I'd say overall, I had a good experience with The Great Escape Lodge.
    The events coordinators went above & beyond to make sure everything was decorated according to pics I gave them. It did get decorated last minute, so the photographer had to go back after the wedding to get pictures of the reception area which left us less time for pictures after the wedding, but it all worked out. The food was hands down the best food I've ever had at a wedding. We received nothing but compliments on every single dish that was served.

Some negatives:
    -If you're looking for an adult-only environment, this is NOT the place to have your wedding. As I was walking down in my wedding dress, there were kids running around everywhere soaking wet from the waterpark. This kind of put a damper on things.
    -The venue won't close off the area that the cocktail hour, gift table etc. is located. We had people sign our guest book that we have no clue who they even were, presumably they were patrons walking by.
    -I'd suggest having your ceremony elsewhere if you're looking for something intimate. Our ceremony was held in the courtyard and you could hear screams the entire ceremony from the waterpark. Since it's surrounded by buildings on 3 sides, there were random people stopping & looking out windows to watch our ceremony, & several kids were banging on the windows during it. Not so much the venue's fault, but if you're looking for something intimate and secluded, this is not it.
    -They had decorated for Halloween already, so we lost a landscaped area for pics due to some head stones. They did take the spider webs off of the mantle for pictures for us, but there was a beautiful balcony we would have loved to get pics on, but they were covered in webs that they wouldn't take down.
    -Nickel & dimed for everything..$50 to move an arbor 15' for ceremony use?!

We received many compliments on the food, venue and service.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Shirley · Married on 10/21/2017

4.2
      3.5

The wedding went really well. Staff was responsive and accommodating. Wait staff during the reception were amazing. The photobooth rental was totally worth it ($500 and it had the inside and outside camera to use!). Food was delicious

Sent on 05/21/2018

J · Married on 03/07/2009

3.8
      2.5
      3.0

The Wedding and Reception went perfectly!!! The Ballroom is awesome, and we got great reviews about the food. Best of all the beer and wine was included!!! The lobby has many spots where nice pictures can be taken. Looking back we could not be happier with our day. We had some moments where we felt like we were getting nickel and dimed on everything ($2 to deliver welcome bags). It was sometimes tough to get ahold of the event coordinator. The lodge has a lot to offer your guest that want to get away for the weekend (spa, water park, arcade).

Sent on 03/31/2009

Ashlee · Married on 05/07/2011

2.5

The event planner was great. He was very attentive and set everything up the way I had envisioned it. There were a few things that were not up to par. We had a buffet meal and several people complained that when they go up there a lot of the food was not restocked and when they mentioned it wait staff snapped at them and said they were working on it. There was no staff going around asking people if they wanted water or coffee. There was also no water on the tables to begin with. I have never been to a buffet dinner where they did not have water on the tables. When we did the toast when we first came in most people did not have a glass. Also we had cupcakes for our wedding cake and we took home most of them. They had free cake cutting in their package so we assumed they would hand out the cupcakes, nope. They said no. I thought for the money we paid we should have had the things listed above. Even if they put 10 or so cupcakes on a platter and put one on each table I would have been satisfied.

Sent on 06/27/2011