Sitting Pretty Grand Rapids Reviews

68 | Caledonia, MI

68 Reviews for Sitting Pretty Grand Rapids

Audra · Married on 07/27/2012

I rented chair slip covers and table runner from Sitting Pretty. They were great to work with and really transformed the look of my reception venue. The prices were the best in town and they were so flexible to work with. I had plenty of options for my covers and they nailed it.

Sent on 01/07/2013

P · Married on 07/21/2012

Sitting Pretty was always courteous with customer satisfaction in the forefront of everything done. The chair covers definitely gave our reception the elegance and completeness we were hoping for!!!!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Megan · Married on 06/23/2012

Trisha could not have been more helpful, professional and talented! Her chair covers and sashes were absolutely stunning! We could not have been more pleased. She worked with us from day 1 to get the colors perfect and create a truly modern look for our wedding. I'd recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/30/2012

Lisa · Married on 06/22/2012

My reception looked beautiful due in part to Sitting Pretty. She was prompt with set up and tear down and has the best prices in town!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Kathy · Married on 10/15/2011

Tricia at Sitting Pretty provided the linens for my daughter's wedding reception. She was great to work with! Her e-mail response time was unbelievably fast. We were even able to look at some of our linen options by e-mail which really helped give us a chance to decide what we wanted to do. She went out of her way to make sure that everything was just the way we wanted and made an extra trip to our venue to ensure everything would work out well.

Sent on 10/30/2011

Lisa · Married on 09/17/2011

The chairs for my daughter's wedding looked beautiful! Trisha went out of her way to make sure the chairs looked just how we wanted. They really added a special touch to the room.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Pamela · Married on 09/10/2011

Trisha and her staff pulled together a beautiful and elegant room for my daughter Michelle and her new husband Mikes wedding at the Riverfront Radisson. So many compliments on how finished the fit chair covers and matching table runners pulled together and completed the look we were after.
    She was prompt in setting up, very friendly and prompt in pick up. I would certainly use her again.

Pamela Cooke

Sent on 09/14/2011

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2011

Trish was amazing to work with! She is very caring and will make sure your event is beautiful and just the way you want it! I would definitely recommend her for anyone looking for a accomodating, easy to work with vendor to make your day beautiful!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Sarah · event on: 08/28/2011

My chair covers were amazing. The perfect and much needed addition to my baby shower. SittingPretty was great, easy, affordable... For special events, adding chair covers truly can transform the entire room and setting.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Michelle · Married on 12/18/2010

Trish helped me with colors and room design as well as provided us with beautiful chair covers! Our personalities meshed really well she is SO easy to work with! At a time when everything else seems so "frazzled"..her voice was the calm and organized one. She was so flexible!
    I would certainly use this company again.

Sent on 03/11/2011
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/24/2015

Timely responses, easy to work with for booking. We are very much looking forward to see how they look!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Jamie · Married on 07/11/2014

We worked with Trisha at Sitting Pretty for our chair covers at the Bissell Tree House. The covers looked wonderful. Trisha was very flexible and pleasant to work with. I found out that she started doing a flower type knot on her chair covers and went with it for the wedding. They turned out beautiful!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Brad & Sarah · Married on 05/18/2013

Top Notch Service and Product!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Collette · Married on 01/01/2012

Trish at Sitting Pretty was a valuable resource to helping me plan for my wedding. I located her through a Michigan bridal magazine because I was in need of renting some cover chairs and sashes. This was difficult to navigate for me as I was currently living down in the Washington D.C. area. Trish not only sent me samples through the mail and called me to answer any questions, but she also called around to see if there were better deals for me that were closer to my location. Any business who puts the customer first ahead of their own benefit is a GREAT business to work with. You know they truly have your interests in mind. SO thank you so much Trish at Sitting Pretty. I will forever tell the story of the business who helped me make my wedding happen and hope they are able to use you in their futures!

Sent on 01/08/2012

Gabrielle · Married on 10/08/2016

All I can say is WOW, Trisha really knocked it out of the park with this one! She completely transformed our reception with her beautiful chair covers, sashes, table covers and charger plates. She gave great advise and even helped me nail down a color scheme at our first meeting. I did take away one star under professionalism just because she was quite a bit late to our first meeting but overall I am so happy with her final product and would and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone

Sent on 10/18/2016

Sheila · Married on 12/31/2014

Because we did not end up renting the chair covers, I cannot give my opinion on "quality of service" but based on the other areas of service, I have no doubt they would have been lovely.

Sent on 12/28/2014

3.0

Great value for chair covers. She let me sample some chair covers and had many options to keep my event looking elegant without breaking the bank.

Sent on 09/25/2012

3.6
      2.0
      2.0

After a recommendation from my venue, I used "Sitting Pretty" to provide chair covers and bows for my reception. This is a mixed review, because while I was thrilled with the final product, I was so frustrated dealing with Trisha that I wanted to scrap the whole thing. Unfortunately, my venue had difficult to fit chairs which limited my choices- had I had more options available, I would have gone elsewhere.

The big issue was communication. The Sitting Pretty website has no color samples, just some examples of chairs they have covered. I was very specific in the colors that I needed during my MULTIPLE communications, and somehow that was just repeatedly getting lost on Trisha. She first send me completely different colors to look at...I'm not talking about a different shade, but fully different colors- Imagine asking for yellow and you get pictures of orange, for example. When I told her what the tuxes were and even sent pictures, she still did not get the correct colors. It took over a dozen emails and 6+ phone calls to get the right item. I became so frustrated by it that it ended up being the one item I forced on the groom, because I simply could not keep going around and around with her and not getting a result.

The other communication issue was that she would say that she was going to email back that night or the next day, and it would be sometimes 3-5 days before she got me a response, and the majority of those responses were only after I sent a reminder email. There was always an excuse with that, but as a customer I am not paying to hear that you had a long day (actual excuse in one email for not getting me the photos promised by the time promised...or by 3 days later), I'm paying for a service.

After that, I was very worried about the quality of the product, but it was truly beautiful when the chairs were covered. The colors ended up being perfect, the fabric was high quality, and they truly pulled together the look of my wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2015