Sissi Chan Reviews

36 | New York, NY

36 Reviews for Sissi Chan

• Liz

Liz · Married on 10/08/2010

I booked Sissi to do my hair and makeup for myself and my maid of honor, and my mother. She did an excellent job! She was on time and completed all our hair and makeup quickly. She is sweet, down to earth and very knowledgeable about hair and makeup products. If I had to get my makeup or hair done again, I would recommend her highly.

Sent on 11/03/2010

Suela · Married on 06/05/2010

I would hire Sissi again and again in a heartbeat. Sissi is talented, down to earth, attentive to detail and will make you look gorgeous on your wedding day. I recommend her above any other make up artist in New York. She made me shine on my wedding day! My guests could not stop talking about and admiring my hair. My makeup was flawless and it stayed that way until the end of the night. She is a gem. Stop looking, you have found your makeup artist!

Sent on 07/26/2010

Alexandra · Married on 05/01/2010

Sissi was amazing for my May 1st wedding. She was extremely responsive in the planning process. Our trial went great, and even though it was 6 months prior to the wedding, when the wedding day came she did everything perfect all over again. She also was always early – not just on time – a huge plus in my book. She was very easy to talk to and made my whole wedding party feel at ease. She was also calm as can be as my grandma stared at her for hours on end as she did everyone’s hair & make-up. She made my bridesmaids & my mom look absolutely beautiful. And I was so pleased with what she did for me. We took all of our pictures outside in 85 degree weather prior to the ceremony & I was so nervous all of our faces were going to melt off – somehow, they did not.

Sent on 05/03/2010
  • O

Orla · Married on 03/25/2010

Excellent service, very easy to deal with. She did my hair and make up at my hotel and I loved the results.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Danielle · Married on 10/09/2009

I love Sissy Chan and am so happy I found her for my wedding day. The minute I met Sissy, I knew that she would be doing my makeup and hair for the wedding. She has a way of making you feel comfortable from the very start and applies makeup that looks totally natural and not overdone. I had done trials with others recommended on this board, but my makeup was so overdone I didn’t look like myself after. Sissy really listened to what I wanted and helped make me feel beautiful on my wedding day. My airbrushed makeup literally lasted the entire night. I wore my hair down with loose curls and they stayed the entire day. It actually even looked good the next morning before I washed it! Sissy also did my mom, MOH, and MIL’s hair and makeup, and they were all so pleased with the way they looked. Sissy is professional and was very reasonably priced...

Sent on 02/23/2010

Jannie · Married on 04/18/2009

I'm so happy to have found Sissi for my wedding day. Her prices are reasonable and did a fantastic job with my hair and make up, also with my maid of honor. I decided to change my mind with my hair from the trial, my maid of honor showed up a bit late, but Sissi was calm and flexible...a pleasure to work with. The best part is that she will travel to your location. She gets her business usually through word of mouth...and I can see why! Excellent and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/05/2009

Maria · Married on 03/29/2009

Sissi was great, she did my hair and makeup right before the ceremony. The pricing was reasonable and she took her time to make sure that everything was perfect - yet we still made it in time for the ceremony. If you're outside of NYC though she charges a $100 travel fee but if I didn't have her travel we wouldn't have made it to the ceremony on time so it was necessary.

Sent on 04/08/2009

Kim · Married on 03/28/2009

Sissi is a great (and very affordable) hair and make-up person. She did my hair and make-up, 5 bridesmaids’ hair and my mom’s hair. Everyone looked beautiful and their hair held up all day (as did my make-up). I had a trial with her in July and loved how my hair and make-up looked and she did the same thing the day of the wedding. Everything took exactly how much time she said it would. She’s really nice and it was great having her in the suite with us getting ready. She’s seemed really calm and relaxed even while working quickly to get everyone done on time. She suggests having the bridesmaids bring a picture from a magazine of how they want their hair and it works out great. She is able to replicate the pictures and all the girls were happy.

Sent on 04/23/2009

Emily · Married on 01/24/2009

Sissi was recommended to me by my day-of coordinator when I had no idea where to start looking for a hair and make-up vendor. I contacted several vendors but decided to go with Sissi initially because her rates were very reasonable, she travels to the client, her minimum for services is only the bride's hair and make-up, and she responds very quickly by email. Once I had my trial with her, I knew there was no other beautician for me! Sissi not only did an incredible job with both my hair (exactly what I asked for!) and my make-up, but she was so calming and very friendly. It was really important to me to feel relaxed as I was getting ready, and Sissi definitely contributed to that vibe. She was flexible about her start time. I was thrilled by the way my hair and makeup turned out on the day of the wedding--no surprises, it was just as she had done at the trial. I got so many compliments! The mother of the groom had her hair done, as well, and I've never seen her happier with her hair. The mother of the bride also had her make-up done, which looked incredible. Everyone who had contact with Sissi that day had nothing but the highest praise for her work and for her demeanor. I was so incredibly happy to work with her!

Sent on 02/08/2009

Lorin · Married on 08/08/2008

Sissi Chan is an incredibly talented artist, who will make you look and feel gorgeous on your big day. She has an eye for highlighting your best features, while accommodating your needs and making you feel comfortable in your own skin. This was important to me as I normally don't wear a lot of make-up, but of course on my wedding day I wanted something much more special. Sissi gave me some great suggestions, and we tried 2 looks before I decided which way to go. She is totally professional, on time, responsive and reliable. She is super fast too! She did all 6 of my bridesmaids as well and we were ahead of schedule! Plus she will travel to you! I got so many compliments at my wedding and was so happy with my pictures, I couldn't have done it without Sissi's help. I heard she does special events too. Definitely give her a call! Thanks so much Sissi!

Sent on 02/26/2010

Glennis · Married on 06/02/2007

I loved Sissi! She was really attentive to my specific wants. I did a trial with her, and I admit...I didn't like the original foundation she used. It looked to heavy. But when I explained to her what I wanted, she found another more suitable foundation and it came out perfect! I also loved how she did my hair. It was very affordable, PLUS she traveled to my home to help me get ready for my big day. Totally would recommend her!

Sent on 01/12/2008