26 Reviews for Simply Wed

Non-religious (2)
Single Religion (1)
Customized Vows (1)
26 Simply Wed Reviews

Gary did a great job officiating my daughter and son-in-law's wedding a couple of weeks ago. He was very responsive from our initial email contact, provided several wording options to choose from - which he let us customize from there, was prompt in his arrival time and very friendly. He is also much more affordable than the other officiants that we priced. I would recommend him to others!

Profile Picture Amber, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Gary did an amazing job officiating our wedding at Hotel Zaza! He helped give advice on the vows that we had since I had no clue even where to begin. He was always great at being responsive any time I had questions. We actually didn't even meet till the moment I walked down the aisle and started repeating after him the vows. I was so nervous on how the ceremony would pan out but he calmed my nerves and made me feel so comfortable. Leo and I were both super anxious but Gary did a great job getting us through everything! It all worked out so perfect! Also Simply Wed was very affordable so that made our decision easier too!

Profile Picture Jessica, 1/15/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Gary was a great officiant! He was willing to meet with us before our wedding to go over our ceremony. He was very nice, professional, and organized. He gets back to you very quickly through email.

Profile Picture User4645111, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary was great!! He is kind and gentle and spoke with such ease during our ceremony. He helped us come up with a good flow for our ceremony and gave suggestions. Even when there were some technical difficulties, he was able to handle it with ease :) The marriage license was quickly received and we appreciate everything. We highly recommend Gary! THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture User4877409, 2+ years ago, 16 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary was very flexible and accommodating. He answered any questions I had in a very timely manner. I definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture User4317086, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Working with Mr Gary was an absolute pleasure! He was incredibly responsive and organized (via email, calls, and text) while we are planning the date and location of our wedding. On the actual wedding day he arrived early and was completely ready to perform the service. My wife and I wanted a very private ceremony; and Mr Gary was incredibly intuitive for our wishes. I would absolutely recommend him for a wedding!

Profile Picture User4764155, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gary is such a nice man. He showed up on time, dressed up professional. Me and my husband was so happy that we got him to married us. His voice is so warm and gentle and both of us don't even have to do anything. He took care and prepared the vows for us.Special thanks to you Gary. Good luck!

Profile Picture Anh, 1/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gary was just wonderful!!! I met him at the rehearsal before the wedding and I felt so much more comfortable and relieved that I had chosen him! He is funny and very sweet!.. I highly recommend him!!! he made my day extra special.

Profile Picture Marcela, 6/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gary did a great job at our wedding. He met us a few weeks before just so we could get to know each other for a little bit. Then he sent us plenty of sample ceremonies for us to choose from. He was very responsive to all emails and was always eager to help. He arrived about an hour before the ceremony to make sure he knew his role and where to stand and was very good during the actual ceremony. His voice is deep and authoritative much like how you would want an officiant's voice to sound. A very good officiant and a fantastic value.

Thanks again Gary

David and Aimee

Profile Picture User3991049, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gary was great! We wanted a non-denominational ceremony and we didn't really have any ideas of what to say and do so Gary was able to help us script the ceremony by providing us with plenty of ideas and ceremony readings. He was very professional throughout the entire process and we would highly recommend him to our friends.

Profile Picture User3700057, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary is such a unique and amazing person. He was so professional and helpful we just loved him. He really helped keep us calm and on point for the ceremony and was actually pretty funny too. My Husband ended up kissing me too soon, due to my crying, and Gary teased him about it which made everyone at the wedding crack up. Awesome job Sir!!

Profile Picture Monica, 10/19/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary was awesome. Came early and made my husband and I feel comfortable and relaxed during the ceremony. He paid great attention to pronouncing our names right and assisting me in writing our vows. I would recommend him to anyone look for an officiant.

Profile Picture Jacqulyn, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary was great. Responsive, flexible. Offered great suggestions. Prompt. Followed up after the wedding too. He dressed the part (we asked him to wear the preacher's gown...better for pictures :-) . Plus he looked genuinely happy and it showed. Awesome job!

Profile Picture User3338467, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary Richburg was so wonderful to work with and so helpful and understanding when we were writing our vows for the wedding. Gary was very professional and everyone at the wedding felt he did a wonderful job. We would highly recommend Gary and feel honored that he was a part of our wedding.

Larry & Gloria Buck

Profile Picture Larry & Gloria, 4/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our wedding was a "surprise" in the middle of a 50th birthday party. Gary was willing to do exactly as we asked (which was obviously "out of the norm"). He was helpful in preparing our vows and easy to communicate with from beginning to the actual service. He went right along with our plan and it couldn't have been any better. He joined right in our crazy fun!

Profile Picture Penny, 3/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gary was such a great person to work with on our wedding day. From the beginning he was always very responsive, helpful and had WONDERFUL suggestions for our vows! We wanted to customize our vows, but not write our own entirely. Gary showed us several examples he used in the past and we were able to revise to fit our personality. We even revised our vows the day before the wedding and Gary was able to change up to the last minute. The day of the wedding, Gary was very calming and reassuring (a nice change from a crazy day!). I am so glad we found Gary to perform our wedding! Thank you so much Gary!

Profile Picture Haley, 10/13/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were very happy with our wedding ceremony and we highly recommend Gary! He was friendly, organized, professional, prompt, and helped us to create the perfect ceremony. We also had him do our wedding rehearsal the evening before and it worked out great -- I highly recommend doing this so you can make sure everyone knows their role/what to do/where to stand and mostly importantly, so there are no surprises on your big day :) Gary was a pleasure to work with and I will certainly refer him to any friends who get married around the Houston area!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary was great. Two weeks before my wedding the officiant I had backed out for some reason luckly I had not paid him and then I found Simply Wed and call Gary at the last minute and he was so pleasant and understanding and lucky for me was available on the date I needed and the price was also great.

Profile Picture Ottilie, 10/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Very professional, courteous, prompt and nice. Couldn't have asked for a better officiant. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I was looking for a wedding officiant and after contacting several I felt the most comfortable with Gary's response. He arrived early to my wedding venue and was there to greet me when I arrived. He was very helpful with going through how the ceremony would flow. Gary has such a great personality and is such a nice person. My husband and I were so happy with how everything turned out and our families loved the ceremony. Gary really helped make our special day beautiful! Thank you Gary! I will definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a wedding officiant!

Profile Picture Melyssa, 6/17/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gary, You did such a wonderful job on our ceremony! Thank you! we got so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful our ceremony was. You helped make our day!! I will highly recommend you to all my friends!!

Profile Picture suzy, 4/30/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I was hesitant about using an officiant I hadn't met in person, but I was in a tight spot and really needed one. Simply Wed's website had everything I wanted. Gary was so easy to work with and made everything hassle free. He was prompt, communicated well, and did a personable and professional job officiating my wedding. I couldn't be happier with how smoothly it was! Thank you so much, Gary! +5 star service, would recommend to everyone!

Profile Picture Linda, 4/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I'm so glad we found Gary to be our officiant! We're not religious, so we were worried about being able to find someone who would accommodate our wishes. Gary made it super simple and easy. We love that we were able to customize our ceremony and wedding vows with the options he provided. He was very professional, friendly and showed up early on the wedding day. We received our signed wedding certificate very quickly as well. Thank you so much, Gary. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Olivia, 3/3/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gary was a pleasure to work with. He is extremely accommodating; any type of ceremony you want to have, he will work with you to create it. He is very responsive and friendly. Having him as our officiant was a stress-free experience, and you won't find a better priced officiant anywhere! I definitely recommend him to all brides and grooms.

Profile Picture Y, 3/26/17, 6 Reviews