Simply Unique Events Reviews

19 Reviews for Simply Unique Events

• Tara

Tara Shaw · Getting married on 07/25/2020

Amazing!!!

Michelle and Kendra were very helpful from the beginning with any questions I had. They were very helpful with ideas for our wedding and always very polite and patient with every step throughout the entire planning process. I would most definitely recommend Simply unique events to anyone that is wanting to have a amazing wedding.

Sent on 06/20/2020

Theresa · Married on 06/18/2016

This place was awesome! My daughter and her husband had their wedding and reception here. Almost everything was taken care of by Dean and Cindy. Every detail was thought through and carried out like they wanted. Even a last minute necklace fix was no problem. The place is lovely and clean. The food was amazing. Guests still rave about the place, the food, the flow of everything, the fun ! One guest said the whole evening was beautiful without being too stuffy, Everyone had a good time and was comfortable. Dean and Cindy took the stress out of the whole day. They were a lot of fun to work with. my daughter and i were able to enjoy everything! I highly recommend this place for any special event. It's the best kept secret in Shawnee!!

Sent on 07/16/2016

erica · Married on 06/11/2016

I absolutely loved everything about this. They took care of pretty much everything! When the day came, I was not stressed and I was able to enjoy the whole day! I highly rec choosing them as a venue!

Sent on 06/24/2016

G. · Married on 10/24/2015

My new wife and I had our Wedding Reception here in October of 2015. We couldn't have been more pleased!! The owners Dean and Cindy were such a blessing to work with during our time of preparation as well as during the actual event. They were catalogs of information during the process, but were very pleased to help us create a Simply Unique Event of our own. From our custom color scheme, to our need for an allergy free food selection, Simply Unique Events KC has it all. They employ a fabulous staff of in-house professionals (MC/DJ, Chef, Bar Staff and Serving Staff) and even helped us secure transportation for my wedding party on the day of our event. These owners aren't stuck on doing things "their way" so having your own input and ideas are the only items necessary. They handle the rest, from set-up to tear down and everything in between. Cindy is the Queen of Custom, with an excellent selection of linens and custom table center piece designs. Dean is the King of Perfection, with an articulation of timing, detail and service. It was truly an awesome and unique event for my wife and I, and we are proud to have Dean and Cindy as new friends. Our guests were thrilled with the event and it's all thanks to Simply Unique Events KC!! I'll try to post some fun pictures from our Fall Themed event. THANK YOU Dean and Cindy and the event staff at Simply Unique Events KC!!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Andrea · Married on 09/12/2015

I was so impressed by Dean & Cindy and Simply Unique Events. I am typically one to stress about most things and I found myself telling people that I was the most relaxed I have ever been on my wedding day, which was largely due to Cindy and Dean. I knew with 100% certainty that everything would be taken care of and it was. The catering staff made us feel like royalty. The DJ, caterers, bartender, and security were all pleasant and seemed to enjoy their jobs. My rustic, relaxed and woody wedding décor looked great in their more traditional & elegant setting. They were also by far the best value. All linens, glassware, china, & real silverware were included in the price which were must haves for me. They were flexible and so supportive when we had to move our date up several months due to a family illness. They even offered us shoulders to cry on each step of the way. I would hands down recommend them and am so very thankful that I selected them for our big day! The price below is for venue, catering, DJ, security, and bar.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Simply Unique Events's reply:

Thank you soooo much Andrea! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your Mom throughout the whole process! We always have an open ear and shoulders to cry on. We love what we do and the people we do it for! Thank you for choosing Simply Unique Events!!

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

It is very apparent that Dean and Cindy Fishburn love their business. We are thankful for their advice, their professionalism, hospitality and love on our daughter's wedding reception day. They work very hard behind the scenes to ensure that your event is the way you want it, and they remove all the stress and worry. The venue was decorated beautifully, the wait staff was fabulous with helping persons at the buffet table and getting back to the table with drinks and plates. The food was simply delicious! The DJ was a fantastic emcee and kept things flowing nicely. The bartenders graciously handed out our coozies and there was never a long line at the bar all night. Cindy coordinated things beautifully, even helping out with minor hiccups along the way. We couldn't have asked for a better experience, at a very economical price! We highly recommend them to anyone looking for an event venue!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Simply Unique Events's reply:

Thank you Laura! We do work very hard to make sure every event is perfect! It is one of the moments in life that is most important. We are so happy that you had a great time and everything was to your approval!

Leslie · Married on 04/18/2015

Dan and Cindy were amazing to work with and make our ceremony and reception run perfectly without any effort on our part. The day of our wedding, Cindy was there to make sure everything was perfect starting at 9am when we were getting ready; she provided complimentary snacks and drinks for me and my wedding party! I am sure at time we all drove her crazy, but she never complained and made sure I wasn't stressed leading up to our ceremony. Dan did a great job in keeping things moving throughout the reception! It was a fantastic experience and took so much pressure off as we planned our special day.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Dean and Cindy were great and made planning our wedding very easy. Their business provides so much that we didn't have to run around and do tons of coordination with other vendors. They are both very flexible and made things very stress free. We actually had to push our wedding up by 5 months, but that didn't bother them and they helped in speeding the process up for us and making sure we had what we wanted. Thank you Dean and Cindy for a wonderful wedding!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Patricia · Married on 11/10/2013

Cindy and Dean made everything easy. They answered every question I had. Simply Unique Events is practically a one stop place. The food was awesome and the DJ- Dan- was amazing. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Cindy does some amazing centerpieces. We will definately use this venue for future events. The price was very reasonable for everything they offer.

Sent on 11/22/2013

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2013

The setup for our wedding was wonderful as was the reception setup - looked beautiful and our guests loved Dan your DJ.

There are no words to express my gratitude to all the hard work and dedication that Dean & Cindy extended to our family and to all our guests - EXCELLENE SERVICE! My guests were pleased with the variety of the bar.

Simply Unique Events was the perfect venue for my daughter & son-in-law. Dean & Cindy are wonderful hosts who do their best to go above and beyond the customer's expectations.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Krista · Married on 09/01/2013

Everyone enjoyed the excellent food (better than any buffet I have ever eaten at) and the service - wait staff out on the dinning room floor was a super treat! Dean & Cindy (owners) were awesome - I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. They made sure that everything was perfect (they do a lot of pre-event planning to ensure the night goes the way the bride and groom want it to go). Awesome bar!
    Thank you for making Megan and Eric's wedding reception truly unforgettable - you helped us make some wonderful memories.

Sent on 09/28/2013

Vicky · Married on 07/20/2013

Management (Dean & Cindy) did a excellent job; everything was beautiful and the evening went smoothly. The food was very good and the DJ (MS) did a good job keeping everything on schedule even through the bride and groom were later getting there than expected. The bar was great - we would absolutely recommend Simply Unique Events to everyone!

Sent on 09/11/2013

We were very pleased by the professionalism of the staff, decor, food, dj and immaculate facilities at Simply Unique Events for our daughter's wedding reception.

Sent on 08/18/2013

Linda · Married on 06/22/2013

I searched high and low for the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding reception and found it a Simply Unique Events. Dean and Cindy were very helpful, flexible and easy to work with. They did an awesome job with setup-everything looked beautiful! I would highly recommend this venue to family and friends!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Vickie · Married on 05/26/2013

A BIG THANK YOU to Dean & Cindy and your staff!!
    Everything from start to finish was amazing! We will always be an advertisement for "Simply Unique Events".
    Thanks for making Krystle & Oscar's wedding day very memorable.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Abbi · Married on 04/26/2013

We got so many comliments that the food was great! And the DJ did an awesome job at getting everyone involved and dancing. Dean & Cindy were very involved w the whole process and the bar service was super. Thank you Dean & Cindy - everything was great and was just how we wanted it to be - thank you so much!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Lewis · Married on 04/19/2013

Thank you Dean & Cindy! The venue was exactly what we expected and then some! We greatly appreciate the attention to detail, especially regarding things we had not thought about - like plates and forks for the cake! You helped us out immensely! We would recommend you and your facility to many people in the future. Keep up the great work!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Kathy · Married on 04/06/2013

Cindy and Dean created the perfect reception to celebrate Amanda and Greg's wedding. They were very responsive to our requests and created beautiful table decorations, to Amanda's specifications, at a very reasonable price. The food was excellent and presented very well. The DJ kept the evening flowing, from the introduction of the wedding party to the last dance of the evening.
    Our daughter and son-in-law's reception at Simply Unique was the perfect ending to their special day.

Sent on 05/04/2013

Don & Kathy · Married on 07/21/2012

We so enjoyed working with Dean & Cindy (the owners), everything ran very smoothly and you were concerned with all your guests needs. The in-house DJ did a super job and many of our guests had wonderful things to say about the food the in-house caterer provided. The in-house bar was run in a professional manner; I am glad you monitored the amount of alcohol some of my guests consumed. They took all the stress out of our lives -we will definitely be referring our friends to this wedding venue!

Sent on 08/01/2012