Crushcakes & Cafe Reviews

10 | Santa Barbara, CA

10 Reviews for Crushcakes & Cafe

We really debated on which dessert to serve to our guests (cake, cupcakes, pies, etc). After researching and taste testing, we decided on pies for our guests and a small wedding cake for us (more for the traditional picture taking). Our wedding took place up in Santa Ynez Valley at a vineyard with a barn so we had a bit of a southern themed wedding so pies went in line with that plus they were different than the norm.

My husband is vegan, and we had a few diabetic guests on our list, so we loved all the options which Simply Pies provides. Our four pie flavors chosen were fresh strawberry, peach, apple, and lemon cream cheese. They were all a big hit! Many guests told us that they went back for a second slice.

Dealing with this vendor was very smooth. We did an initial taste testing 9 months before the wedding, placed our order, and then did a second taste testing a month before to confirm our order. They delivered to the venue location without any problems.

On our next visit up to Santa Barbara we will definitely stop by to pick up a few pies to bring back home to L.A.

Sent on 11/10/2014

We had wedding pie instead of wedding cake - and it was perfect! The pies were delivered to our venue on the day-of, and there were no complications. We had blackberry, cherry, lemon meringue and pecan - and everyone loved it!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Tian · Married on 07/26/2013

My husband and I don't like cake, so the obvious choice for us was this organic bakery because it was also local. We ordered dozens of pielets, which are 3" around, and perfect both for presentation and individual servings. We were given a tasting of three different flavors, which was one of the cutest experiences for us! I highly recommend this bakery, it will not disappoint!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Delicious!! We eat Simply Pies pie on the regular. So, it seemed natural to include their pies in our wedding! We ordered 20+ pies for the reception. They showed up on time, the caterers laid them out, and our guests gobbled them up! Pretty much best case scenario.

I can't wait to go back there and eat more pie. Strawberry rhubarb for the win.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Amy · Married on 05/11/2012

We love pies and we LOVE Simply Pies!

We are not cake people and decided to have mini pies for the guests at our wedding.
    We wanted Cherry and Peanut Butter Cup, which is not on Simply Pies main menu...but they were able to create them for us anyway! And they were super tasty!

Sent on 06/06/2012

M · Married on 04/10/2011

My husband and I decided to have a pie buffet at our wedding instead of a traditional cake. The pies were a hit!!!!! Everyone enjoyed trying all the different flavors and no crumb was left behind! Unfortunately my husband and I weren't able to enjoy the pies (too busy mingling) so we ended up picking up 2 more to eat after the wedding! Simply pies is simply the best!!!

Sent on 04/14/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 12/04/2010

My husband and I decided to have a dessert bar complete with a selection of pies, cupcakes, and cakes for our wedding. We ordered our pies from Simply Pies as they were in the area and use local, fresh ingredients. The pies are absolutely delicious AND were were able to get some great no sugar added pies for our diabetic guests as well as a few mini vegan pies for our vegan guests. All of the pies were demolished in about 20 minutes and our guests raved about how amazing the pies were and how they were so happy to see fresh pies at a wedding instead of a fancy, but not very tasty traditional wedding cake.

Several times since the wedding we've gotten pies here for various events and we're never disappointed. We also really like the take and bake option! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/15/2011
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/09/2010

I loved working with Simply Pies. Their pies are simply delicious, and they were very easy to work with. All of our guests raved about them! I would definitely recommend any bride & groom consider having pies (or cheesecakes which they also make) at their wedding instead of regular wedding cake.

Sent on 10/22/2010

Sugey · Married on 09/04/2010

We love pie. We knew that we wanted it at our wedding. No cake, no cupcakes, just pie. We had three favorite flavors that we wanted so that all of our guests could take home a slice of what we love. Nancy is as sweet as the pies she makes. She was attentive and really excited to be a part of our big day.

We got so many compliments on the pies for weeks after the wedding. It was exactly what we wanted and we can't wait to go back and get some more pie from her.

Sent on 10/25/2010

Suzanne · Married on 05/22/2010

Simply Pies actually provided us wedding pie!!

We ordered 150, 3in, strawberry/rhubarb pielets for our wedding in May and they even made us an additional 6 inch pie with heart cutouts for my husband and I to cut into.

The price was awesome and they tasted absolute delicious!! My husband and I didn't get a chance to do a traditional "cake"/pie cutting during the reception, so we took our pie back to our hotel. It was still so tasty and perfect at the end of the night. Everyone raved over the uniqueness and taste of the pies. I will be recommending Simply Pies to anyone for any occasion. Think outside the box of a traditional wedding cake and opt for pie!!

So good! Thanks for the personal attention and hassle-free service you provided... Hana and Nancy and the whole crew!! Suzie and Jesse Krueger

Sent on 08/10/2010