Simply Music Reviews

60 | Dallas, TX

60 Reviews for Simply Music

Edward Daniel · Married on 10/06/2018

The perfect choice to DJ your wedding!

Brian was absolutely amazing as the DJ for our wedding! It was clear from the very beginning that he wanted to do everything he could to make our wedding magical. Our interactions with him during the preparation were always pleasant and he brought an energy with him that always made us excited for our reception music. We had specific requests for some of the music, namely playing non-Western traditional songs along with the modern Western music. The music involves specific line dances in which you have to string songs together. Brian was both completely willing to adapt to the request and excited to do so. He did a fantastic job of mixing the the songs appropriately as well as transitioning from one style to the other. Additionally, Brian was extremely flexible during the reception. A few times, I came up to him to change a song or to make sure to play one (due to timing issues) and he would do so with no problems whatsoever. Sometimes he was already going to play the song I asked him to! Our friends and family loved him too. Several of them told us how the music at our reception was one of the best out of all of the weddings they've been to.

Overall, Brian was clearly the perfect choice to make our wedding amazing! If you need a very capable DJ who is excited, flexible, respectful, and makes sure the focus is on the bride and groom, Brian is your man.

MEGAN · Married on 08/10/2018

I can not say enough good things about Brian Prescott. We started planning our wedding in January and Brian took the time to FaceTime with us to talk about what we are looking for. I immediately felt like we were in good hands...we were! Brian is quick to respond and extremely professional. He played exactly what we were looking for and really made the music great. His timing of songs kept the dance floor going and people in great moods. He helped with the wedding timeline as well (speeches, cake cutting, dances) and it was perfect. If you are feeling a little lost and just need someone to trust and walk you through the process I highly suggest him. Honestly, if you need anyone I highly recommend him.

Claire · Married on 08/18/2017

Adante Mayo from Simply Music was awesome! I cannot tell you how many compliments we had about him the entire night and for days after our wedding! The playlist that he created was perfect and we danced all night long, which is exactly what we told him we wanted to do at our reception. He was able to read our guests and what they wanted to hear to a tee. We cannot thank him enough for helping make our wedding reception so much fun!

Larry · Married on 05/28/2017

A wonderful experience from the time discussions began with Simply Music to the very end of our Wedding celebration. The overall lighting was fantastic; the pin spots on the flowers were amazing; the up-lighting around the walls were very effective; and much to my pleasant surprise, guests came to me to compliment me on how beautiful and effective the pin spots were as well as the subtle changing light colors around the walls. The few extra dollars I spent to have a lighting tech there to work the changing lights was like putting icing on an already beautiful cake that made it that much more complete. Many thanks to Brian and Simply Music for helping to make our celebration even more memorable.

Emma · Married on 01/15/2017

Brian did an amazing job with our music and lighting. He really knows how to read the crowd and change the music accordingly. During cocktail hour and dinner, he stayed right on task and made sure all of our requests were met. He was able to move the crowd to see our cake cutting and for our first dances smoothly. He obviously is an expert in his field. Once it was time for dancing, he made sure the mood of the room was just right. He turned down the lights and had beautiful up-lighting that really set the tone of the dance floor.
    We can't wait to use Brian, Simply Music, again! We are already planning parties that would need a DJ! We have and will continue to recommend him! Thank you so much Brian for making our wedding special and fun! We have had numerous compliments on everything you did. We could not have picked a better option!

Katie · Married on 12/17/2016

We all are afraid of an empty dance floor and boring reception... Greg made sure none of this was going to happen. My husband and I knew from the interview that Greg was the one for us and he knew exactly how to deliver. They gave us a booklet to help personalize our day with songs, dances, and crowd pleasing moments. We received so many compliments on our DJ choice and he truly helped make our day so perfect! And he's a great dancer!!
    The Crombie's!

Judith · Married on 10/01/2016

Greg with Simply Music was absolutely amazing!! My husband and I couldn't have been happier with his knowledge, personality, and adaptability. We were planning the wedding from another state, and Greg was always accommodating to our busy schedules and quick phone calls. Greg kept the reception moving smoothly and impressed all of our guests. I can't tell you how many comments we had about how much fun everyone was having and the dance floor was always full. Greg took our preferences and combined them with his own feel for the floor as the night continued.

My husband and I realized in the middle of dinner that we would like to have some group photos of different family and friends before dancing got going. Greg fit in our sudden change of plan seamlessly and with an ease that only comes with lots of experience. Book him! You'll have absolutely no regrets!

Ronda · Married on 10/01/2016

Brian is amazing....My daughter Katy and her fiance JC hired Brian for their wedding at Marie Gabrielle a few weeks ago. I can't say enough about how wonderful and special Brian is as a person and a great DJ. The playlist was amazing our guests have requested a copy of the music. He is so much fun!! If you are looking for a DJ for an event, look no further...Brian is the BEST!!! It was a perfect night!!

Lisa · Married on 09/03/2016

Brian did the lighting at an outdoor venue! It was gorgeous! It felt like a fairy tale. He did an amazing job!!!

Claire · Married on 06/23/2016

Greg was quite possibly one of the best DJs ever. My husband and I clicked really well with Greg, and he did a wonderful job capturing our personalities with the music. There was never an awkward moment at the wedding, Greg kept the crowd going at all times!!!! :) Greg is super friendly, and worked together with all of the vendors to make sure everything was running smoothly!!! We can't thank him enough!

Carol · Married on 06/11/2016

Brian Prescott at Simply Music did a wonderful job of adding lighting for floral arrangements and the bride's cake, plus adding drapery behind the band. Everything was done on time! Brian was so easy to work with and I felt he provided a very good value for my daughter's wedding reception.

shannon · Married on 06/04/2016

Brian was worth the price. We booked Simply
    music about a year before the date. He kept in contact through out the year about a week before the wedding dated we worked out the minor details. The day of the event he managed the timing of everything. He was very professional and we made a few last minutes changes. Our entrance people changed. He rolled right along without any hi-cups. After the meal and toast and cake cutting he got the party moving I. A good direction. We were very open-minded about the music and he played to the crowd. Everyone was dancing to the end. He actually had to tell us to go home we were having so much fun.

Laura · Married on 05/07/2016

Brian Prescott provided sound/music/DJ services and lighting for our daughter's wedding on 7/11/15 at the Omni Ft Worth. He did an amazing job. Brian has a great personality and is very professional. We were so pleased with the job he did that we will be hiring him again for our other daughter's wedding next May.

Vanessa · Married on 04/30/2016

Greg Beck is AMAZING. If your DJ isn't amazing, your wedding won't be amazing. The DJ is the heartbeat of the event and you won't find a better one than Greg. He's energetic, genuine, and knowledgeable. I really appreciate his consultations before the wedding, making sure we were on the same page, and his suggestions. He definitely knows how to get people moving and keep them moving! He was the MC of the event and I appreciate his dedication to getting names and pronunciation right.

A tornado hit my venue the day before the wedding and we didn't know if power was going to be restored. Several generators were brought in and then Greg jumped in and brought tons of lighting just in case. He went above and beyond to make our evening special. Thank you, Greg, for all that you did and for making our evening amazing!

Hayley · Married on 04/16/2016

Choosing to book Simply Music for our wedding was one of the easiest decisions we made! Greg had done such an amazing job at my sister's wedding and he went above and beyond for ours in April. He met with us at the venue and took the time to walk through how the evening would go and what song selections were important to us. On the wedding day, he arrived promptly and played all of the music we requested he play during dinner and perfect dancing music that our friends loved. It was so easy and pleasant to work with Greg & Brian and we really can't recommend them enough!

Sarah · Married on 04/09/2016

We had a BLAST at our wedding with Greg! Our dance floor was never empty the whole night and everyone had so much fun! At one point I looked out at the tables and almost every single one was empty because guests were dancing! We were able to provide songs that we wanted to hear through the week of the wedding which was nice (we were indecisive about first dance and last dance songs) and I even made a change just 2 days before the wedding. We told Greg the type of music we liked and he hit the nail on the head with music during each part of our reception. We had guests ranging from age 20-94 and everyone enjoyed all the music that was played (even our 94 yr old grandfather who was out dancing), it really set the tone for the reception that we envisioned and it was PERFECT! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!! THANK YOU GREG!!

Makenzie · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Simply Music. Greg Beck was an absolute genius and really knows how to get the crowd going. There was NEVER a dull moment on the dance floor. I actually thought about asking my wedding planner to remove some tables so there was more room for people to dance! He took our style and truly made it perfect and our own. We are so happy with our DJ - you cannot go wrong with these guys!

Melissa · Married on 03/12/2016

Brian was absolutely fabulous! He was extremely professional and friendly in every meeting we had, responded quickly to emails, and was a joy to work with! He was the best wedding DJ I've ever seen, played awesome music, was the perfect master of ceremonies, and kept the evening flowing smoothly with no unnecessary chatter. He also did the reception lighting, and the room was absolutely gorgeous! I got so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked, and Brian's lighting really helped make that possible. I had a wonderful experience with Brian. He is trustworthy, professional, and very talented, and I highly recommend him!

If you want someone with experience, knowledge, patience and who is completely calm and understanding then this is your guy!

Brian was amazing!!!!!!!!! We hired him for his DJ services and also for lighting and draping.

DJ Services:
    It is hard to mix music from different cultures and keep everyone dancing. It is also hard to be clear and precise when it comes to any speeches/toasts and he did absolutely fantastic in both areas. I was new at the throwing a whole wedding thing (as most usually are) but I am so glad he walked me through the process and his experience with weddings and events clearly showed at my wedding! He took care of everything. We had a couple dances where we had everyone join us, he was awesome when it came to having the speech and gathering everyone for the bouquet toss and send off. I can't say thank you enough for such great work. Very easy to work with and he ensures he understands and delivers your vision. I thank God for having him at my wedding. Best decision I made!

Lighting & Draping: His draping was also impressive! I had him drape our ceremony and reception at the Dallas World Aquarium. He is very familiar with this location and he is on their preferred vendor list. He did a last minute draping request for me and also added spot lights where they were needed that were also last minute. He added another mic that I didn't know i needed until the day before. This guy was ready for anything!! We also had lighting at our ceremony & reception which looked so incredible. If it wasn't for his expertise in all of these areas, I am not sure my wedding would have gone without problems. I would book Brian again in a heartbeat!

Cammy · Married on 10/24/2015

I can't put in words just how amazing Brian was at our wedding, which took place at The Four Seasons Resort 10/24/15. I was referred to Brian by a vendor and booked him within 10 minutes of talking to him on the phone because we just "clicked". When I told my event coordinator at The Four Seasons, she was THRILLED because he does such a great job. Looking back, I would say that this was the "key" piece to making our wedding perfect. Brian did an amazing job with keeping everything going on schedule and played the best songs to keep folks on the dance floor all night long. He met with us beforehand and went over our likes and dislikes and really got a flavor of our style. He was the perfect mix of personal and professional. ***Take my advice...... if you are going to spend your money in one area, spend it on the DJ and BOOK BRIAN. You won't be disappointed! He did our lighting as well and it was wonderful. I would definitely suggest lighting the head table. We did that at the last minute and I am so glad we did.

Shannon · Married on 10/17/2015

Brian was amazing to work with. From the meetings with him to go over what we wanted on our wedding day to the night of the wedding, the entire process was smooth and very relaxing. I was not stressed at all about the music and reception thanks to Brian making it such a great experience. We will definitely use him again for future parties or gatherings.

Caitlin · Married on 10/10/2015

Brian Prescott was our DJ/Emcee on our 10/10/15 wedding at the Crescent hotel in Dallas, and he was amazing!!!! Brian met with us to find out out our likes/dislikes and the tone we wanted to set for our wedding. Brian has an amazing worksheet he has created which makes it SO simple to create the order of events for your ceremony/reception and to choose your music for first dance, wedding dance, participation dances. etc. I have been to many weddings where the DJ is really cheesy and over the top, but Brian is so professional, fun, and knows how to get the party started. Brian also did all of our up-lighting in the room which made such a difference in the decor. He has a variety of colors to choose from, and we went with a blush pink up-lighting. Brian also did the lighting for table centerpieces, the cake, etc. If you are on the fence about lighting, its definitely something to invest in as it completely changes the event space! So many of our guests complimented us on Brian and the music. All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire night and had the best time! I can't thank Brian enough for such an amazing night, and will be recommending him to all future brides!!!

Kaley · Married on 09/12/2015

Brian was awesome! He made sure that the whole wedding and ceremony was planned out to the last detail. The wedding went smoothly with the transitions from music to readings. Then the reception was off the chain! He did an incredible job bringing together my friends, family and my new Venezuelan family! The dance floor was bumpin all night long with the greatest song selections! Oh, and he was even kind enough to make me a dinner plate, knowing the bride never gets a chance to eat. He stayed in communication with me and the wedding planner but was never intrusive. He knows his stuff and I will definitely use him in the future!

Athra · Married on 09/06/2015

Brian Prescott was the DJ and emcee for my wedding on 9/6/15 and he did an extraordinary job! He is organized and professional, and hands down the best wedding professional I worked with throughout the entire planning process! Everything we discussed was executed perfectly and he has a real gift when it comes to reading a crowd! We had a mixed culture event (American and Persian) and he blended the two cultures like a pro! All our guests had a great time dancing the night away and he kept the night fun and on schedule!

We also had him do spotlights on our wedding backdrop and it was just beautiful! Brian is not only a great DJ and emcee, he will do whatever it takes to make sure your wedding day is perfect. When my decorators left without completing finishing touches, Brian climbed a ladder to clip the zip ties sticking up on our ceremony backdrop! He lit floating candles on our tables even though it's not in his job description! He coordinated the timing of food delivery and our entrance! He went above and beyond to make our day perfect! He was our MVP and without him my wedding would not have turned out as great as it did! You will not be disappointed if you choose to go with Brian - he is the best!!!

Sue · Married on 07/18/2015

Brian at Simply Music was incredible to work with! Brian created a personalized lighting plan for our wedding reception room that fit exactly what we needed/wanted. His expertise made me feel comfortable and confident in our reception looking fabulous! Brian surpassed all my expectations!! The room was stunning! Also, we decided to purchase the monogram lighting - I highly recommend this option, it made our room so unique to us! Brian was easy to communicate with and worked really well with our other vendors. Simply Music will make your reception beautiful and memorable for you and your guests.