Simply Gourmet Weddings Reviews

Simply Gourmet Weddings 5
Simply Gourmet Weddings 6
Simply Gourmet Weddings 7

Jessie · Married on 11/20/2010

Simply Gourmet made our wedding so perfect! Jamie really went above and beyond and I felt like she did much more than you would expect from a caterer. She really got me through the day and I can't be more happy that we chose them for our catering. Not only was the food and bar really affordable but it was absolutley gourmet and fabulous! Guests couldn't stop talking about the food and how wonderful the wedding was (which was all thanks to Jamie and her staff)!! My expectations were exceeded by far!! Choose them if you want your day to be as perfect as mine was!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Leslie · Married on 10/09/2010

We can't say enough about the pros at Simply Gourmet. From the first phone call we were wowed! We emailed back and forth for a few days, responses were always timely, with some ideas of what we were looking for and menus for the wedding reception. Kathy and Larry provided us with menus and pricing and were quick to say that we could make any changes we wanted.
    From there,we were invited to meet with them and were welcomed with a beautifully set table and had a "luncheon" featuring foods from the menu. We sampled foods and sat with Larry and Kathy to discuss the reception down to the smallest details.
    Kathy did a site survey about a month before the wedding to see how we wanted the event set up.
    On the evening of the wedding, Kathy showed up and gave us a brief run down, introduced her team of professionals. They were outstanding, the food was great, their bartenders were personable and extremely effecient. Kathy also did a follow up call on Monday to be sure that we were satisfied and asked for feedback.
    Thank you Kathy, Larry and your amazing staff.
    Leslie Wells,
    Madison Wells White

Sent on 10/12/2010
  • W

Dutch · Married on 05/08/2010

Jamie made our day exactly as we had planned and discussed. We even made some last minute changes and she was able to adapt her timetable to please us.
    The food, drinks and especially the service was outstanding.
    Thank you Jamie for helping to make our day so special.
    A & W.

Sent on 05/22/2010

GREGORY · Married on 04/23/2010

We can not say enough about Simply Gourmet. They provided us with a coordinator (Kathy) who was absolutely spectacular. She worked exceptionally well with my now wife and we are forever gratefull. The food...perfect. Chef Larry knows his food and truly enjoys what he does. When we met for our tasting, you could tell he wanted you to enjoy the food as much as he enjoyed making it. Anything we wanted, he did his best to make it happen. Simply Gourmet is a smaller company than most and prides themselves in the relationship and commitment to their clients.

Sent on 05/05/2010

maria · Married on 04/17/2010

It was a pleasure working with Cathy and her crew, with the help of Bee Ridge Florist, they made my reception site a dream come true!!!! thanks!!!

Sent on 05/04/2010

Tanya · Married on 03/06/2010

We considered several caterers, and Simply Gourmet blew them all out of the water! We had a lot of requests, but Kathy Taylor knew that we were on a tight budget. Knowing that, she helped guide us in the right direction with our food and rental choices. We ended up with a fabulous wedding menu at a very reasonable price. The food was absolutely phenomenal--we had several guests come up to us to tell us how amazing the food was and to ask if they could get seconds! And many were foodies from New York City ;) Additionally, Kathy was our day-of coordinator, as I did not have a wedding planner. She was ESSENTIAL in making sure everything happened correctly and on time. What a life saver! I wish I could give Simply Gourmet more than 5 stars.

Sent on 03/24/2010

TARA · Married on 02/27/2010

I hope I have enough room here! My husband and I chose Simply Gourmet as our Caterer after attending a friends wedding, and receiving their recommendation. After our trip meet with Jamie and Larry, we totally hit it off and decided to book them. We met for tasting the Chef Larry, blew us away with his menu, his food is AMAZING!!! We decided to have to completely different menus for our wedding, one Yank, one Brit to reflect our nationalities...Jamie and Larry went over the top to provide organic food and two fabulous original menus. Both Jamie and Larry, are unbelievably professional, and just are really good people! As far as service, you will not find two people who are more passionate and love what they do. An awesome team and would be a perfect addition to any wedding.....Cheers!

Sent on 04/12/2010

Laura · Married on 09/26/2009

Simply Gourmet was fabulous. Of all of the vendors at the wedding, they were the easiest to work with. They food was delicious and Kathy was very accommodating especially since I was planning from out of state. Thanks again Simply Gourmet!

Sent on 10/09/2009

Bob and Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2009

Many Thanks for all you did to make our wedding a success. The tables looked lovely, the food presentation ws inviting, and the the food superb. Our guests commented how perfect the wedding was in everyway. We are very happy we chose Simply Gourmet to cater our special event.
    Bob and Stephanie

Sent on 10/09/2009

Angela · Married on 04/16/2009

Jamie is amazing to work with and she went above and beyond. Not only does Simply Gourmet do catering, but they also serve as a planner to keep things moving and organized at your wedding. Jamie is on time and very professional. She goes above and beyond to get exactly what the bride wants. I highly recommend Jamie if you value organization and an eye for detail. Jamie will get it done! I also have to mention that her food is phenomenal. People were actually coming to me after the wedding and commenting on how awesome her food was. It is great food if people remember it! Thanks Jamie!

Sent on 05/05/2009

Taylor · Married on 10/07/2017

Becky and her team did an awesome job! The buffet was delicious and the service was great.

Sent on 10/14/2017

JJ · Married on 06/10/2017

They did a fantastic job, especially since it poured all day of the wedding. They executed the rain plan perfectly, I didn't even notice when they converted the wedding hall back into the reception hall! I did give a 4.5 for the responsiveness because it was kinda tough to get ahold of them regarding wedding coordination until the week before. Questions did get answered but it took more time then I was used to. Otherwise, the catering communication was near immediate! I had to ask them for the catering contract 4 or 5 times before making a decision, but they were so patient and so helpful!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

JJ - we are so happy that you liked our rain plan and execution! We are experts in getting things transformed to perfection! We wish you all of our best!

J · Married on 10/16/2015

Everything you want from a caterer you get from the Barrett's, and more!!! I tell you everyone loved, loved the food! The servers, the presentation, the attentiveness to us was all fantastic!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Good day. On behalf of Frank, Megan and Eric, I just had to let you know how happy we were with the food and the the service you provided at the wedding. All the food was fantastic and beautifully presented to the guests. Lots of nice thoughtful details, such as the wait staff bringing around water/cocktails for the family members who were detained in the ceremony area for pictures, were very much appreciated. Throughout the reception, the service staff, all so pleasant, performed their duties very efficiently. Assisting Megan and Eric with their dinner plates was another thoughtful touch; and then they had time to actually sit and enjoy the wonderful food. They really appreciated that!

Anyway, can't think of a single thing that was lacking except maybe the evening flew by much too quickly!

Again, thank you ever so much. It was such a pleasure working with you and all your staff.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Katelyn · Married on 03/03/2012

The food at Simply Gourmet was fabulous. I was so happy with the taste, temperature, service and professionalism. Jamie knew everything I needed to know that I didn't and she had an answer to every question or concern I had. I loved everything that he cooked and the taste was amazing! My only wish is that I could have eaten more but I didn't want my dress feeling too tight! haha! I could have cleared my plate easily! The food was so fresh. Their kitchen is about a 15-20 minute ride to where I had my reception and everything was hot! Fabulous job Simply Gourmet! I will recommend you to all my bride-to-be, girl friends! Thank you!

Sent on 03/20/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/01/2012

Kathy is a wonderful person who was with us every step of the way. She is not only a caterer but a wedding coordinator! She seems to genuinely care about what she does, and works extremely hard to make us happy (we had multiple changes, guests with different preferences and allergies, and a tight budget, and she was happy to work with us). The food was excellent, as well, it is very difficult to serve fish buffet-style, and they managed to pull it off. From what I hear (I really wasn't hungry after the ceremony), the appetizers were some of the best our guests had ever had. Whatever you do, you MUST order the coconut macaroons. Before we decided on Simply Gourmet, we ran into Kathy at our wedding venue when we were looking at it and she offered us some macaroons. Although some other caterers might have offered us a cheaper package, based on the macaroons and Kathy's professionalism, we moved Simply Gourmet to the top of our list! A pastry chef was one of the groomsmen's dates, and she agreed that the coconut macaroons were incredible! Overall, we could not be more overjoyed with Simply Gourmet Catering, and Kathy was our favorite part about it. If you want a very cheap meal for the guests, go somewhere else. If you want professionalism, warmth and excellence, go with Simply Gourmet! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/16/2012

John · Married on 04/18/2009

Simply Amazing....One of the most important features we wanted our guest to take away from our wedding is the food. My guest are still talking about it today. Jamie was professional, Courtious, and the most organized person I have ever met. She went above and beyond what we asked her. I would definitely recommend them for any catering needs. Food was a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Outstanding, she wont do you wrong.

Sent on 04/06/2010

Eric · Married on 03/20/2009

Everything they did turned out great. always responded to every question qucikly, was willing to work with us when it came to people with food allergies. allowed us to add to thier recipes to put our own spin on dishes. Every bite of food i had was top notch, just like thier service.

Sent on 03/23/2009

K · Married on 12/03/2018

Tasty food, Flexible and Friendly Staff 12/3/18 wedding

I hired Becky and her staff at Simply Gourmet after paying a deposit then terminating the contract, with the in house caterer at my wedding venue, The Powel Crolsey Estate. I explained the situation with Becky, and she was able to not only match what the previous caterer was going to provide, but also added a discount as our wedding was on a weekday. The same chef that prepared the meal at the tasting, is the same chef that cooks on the wedding day, unlike the caterer I initially hired. The food at the tasting and on the wedding day was delicious. I received so many compliments about the food. While taking bridal party photos on the wedding staff, Becky designated a wait staff to serve us appetizers and water during breaks! Simply Gourmet's pricing is similar to other caterers in the area, but what sets them apart is their professionalism and quality of the food. They can customize a menu based on what you want as well.

Sent on 12/21/2018

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

Becky and the staff were thrilled that you were able to have the wedding of your dreams! We were so happy that everyone enjoyed the food and we wish you all the best!

Lucy Alfonso · Married on 11/24/2018

Best caterers ever!

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful... Thanks to Simply Gourmet. The appetizers and entrees were exquisite. The wait service was exceptional!! We utilized Simply Gourmet's wedding coordinator and the wedding went off without a hitch. Our vision was executed perfectly!! THANK YOU SIMPLY GOURMET!!

Sent on 01/29/2019
  • Dunja

Dunja · Married on 03/23/2012

The service we received at our wedding was absolutely amazing. The staff did a great job and worked so hard to make our wedding day as flawless as possible. The food was OK but not as good as at the tasting. Simply based on the staff I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet

Sent on 04/08/2012
  • Kristan

Kristan · Married on 04/27/2013

Kathy at Simply Gourmet was so calm, collected, and helpful through out the planning process as well as the day of the wedding. She remained very matter of fact about all the various decisions that wanted to be made, and was really a huge help to us as day of coordinator, as we were having to alter the wedding schedule here and there at the last minute due to raining on and off. The food was delicious, and I can honestly say I have NEVER had food at a wedding that was as good as the food at ours.

Sent on 05/10/2013

3.8
      3.5
      2.0

The food was fantastic and we received many compliments from guests. As our day of coordinator Jamie was kind of intense and multiple guests complained they were being yelled at.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

We are sorry we were not able to satisfy your expectations. It is our up most importance to make each and every bride happy. As you can see we have had glowing reviews for years. Whomever this may be, please call me directly so we can discuss this offline. Thank you, Jamie