Simply Gourmet Weddings Reviews

Simply Gourmet Weddings 4
Simply Gourmet Weddings 5
Simply Gourmet Weddings 6
Simply Gourmet Weddings 7

I am Asian and my husband is Latin. When were were looking for wedding caterers, we told each potential caterer to come up with an Asian-Latin fusion menu that would incorporate the two cultures. We did tastings with two different caterers. The first caterer we went to was a disappointment. However, Chef Larry completely understood our vision after we told Jamie about our different backgrounds. We met Chef Larry and Jamie at the tasting. They were professional, very friend, and extremely passionate about their food. And they should be because the food is delicious and unlike any other wedding food I've tasted. Chef Larry created two delicious options that fused the two cultures together. Two months before my wedding, Kathy Taylor called me to go over my wedding vision, from the food, the rentals, the decorations, to the timeline. She was beyond wonderful, extremely helpful, and very professional. I was planning the wedding from Orlando and Kathy made me feel at ease. Kathy also came to the wedding rehearsal to organize and run the rehearsal. We would have been lost and disorganized without her. On the day of my wedding, Kathy served as my day of coordinator (without any extra charge) and made my wedding day move flawlessly. She coordinated with all the vendors, made sure my decorating vision was carried out, and made sure we were on schedule. I was blown away by all the stunning details at my wedding and at how beautiful everything was. It was exactly how I had imagined. The food was delicious, unique, and beautifully presented. Words cannot express how satisfied and grateful I am with Simply Gourmet's expert touch and wonderful service. It was a pleasure to work with Chef Larry, Jamie, and Kathy!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

It was our pleasure and we are so happy that your Wedding Day was everything you hoped for.

Kate · Married on 03/30/2013

Lovely people, especially considerate of the bride and ensuring you are looked after all day. Food is extremely flavoursome and nicely presented. Totally know what they are doing! Great job and happy guests!!

Sent on 04/06/2013

I had the best experience ever with Simply Gourmet. Kathy was a dream to work with and she went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect. She helped plan everything out for us, organized our rentals, coordinated with other vendors and was always quick to respond my questions. I truly don't know what I would have done with out her. On top of the excellent service, the food was fabulous. They have a wonderful variety of options to choose from, but you can't go wrong with any of it. I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet to anyone planning a wedding in Sarasota!

Sent on 03/04/2013

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

Cara had a smile on her face the entire night! It was so nice to see.

Congratulations again to both of you!

Jamie and the team at Simply Gourmet were more than amazing to work with. Jamie was always available to help us make decisions and offered us more than just great food. Jamie made sure that we had everything we needed for our big day - fantastic food, an amazing staff to tend to our guests, all of the necessary rentals, and much much more. She found ways to work with our budget and provided us services that took catering to the next level. She even helped us at our rehearsal and on the day of the event to make sure that our ceremony and reception flowed perfectly. If it weren't for her experience, we would have been absolutely lost.

Thank you Jamie and team for making our wedding the day of our dreams (and more)!! A+++++!!

Sent on 02/22/2013

Linda · Married on 12/08/2012

Simply Gourmet exceeded all my expectations in my daughter's wedding at the Powel Crosley Estate. Larry and Jamie, the owners, went over and beyond to work with us during the planning and offered excellent choices and advise. I chose them because they were so excited about the food and wanting to make our special event the best it could be. We had over 170 guests for a cocktail hour with passed hor'dourves that were amazing, the guests could not stop talking about them. Then we served a beautifully plated dinner that was excellent! Many of our guests were from New York, accustom to lavish NY Italian weddings and they were very complimentary and impressed with the food. I would recommend Simply Gourmet to anyone having any kind of event. They are personable yet professional and delivered on all levels.

Sent on 12/12/2012

I am so happy that I chose simply gourmet for my wedding. We had a plated sitdown dinner at the reception, and the staff at simply gourmet were absolutely fabulous!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Absolutely best Wedding food ever! Our family, friends & guests made a point of telling us this repeatedly. A week later and people still talking about the food and the service by Simply Gourmet. Most guests wanted the name of the caterer. Can't say enough about them including their Day Of Planner - Cathy - she was incredible throughout the entire wedding planning and the wedding from start to finish!

Sent on 11/03/2012

Hannah · Married on 10/26/2012

Simply Gourmet went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect! The food was wonderful!! We had guest comment on the quality of service and food through the evening. Thank you Jamie for being a wonderful, easy person to work with! I would recommend Simply Gourmet to any bride looking for 5 star food and service! Our wedding at the Powel Crosley was a dream!!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Brigitte · Married on 10/26/2012

Jamie was wonderful to work with! She made sure that all the details were taken care of. Best of all the food was DECICIOUS! Not only was it beautifully presented but it tasted GREAT! They also had wonderful staff who was very attentive! Simply Gourmet will make your special day is a day to remember!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Melissa · Married on 10/21/2012

Simply Gourmet was simply amazing!!! Jamie made sure every detail was covered!! We didn't have to worry about anything except enjoying our day!! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!!

Sent on 10/29/2012

If you're hosting an event in the Sarasota/Bradenton, FL area, do yourself a favor and call Simply Gourmet. Kathy Taylor was friendly, professional, and accommodating, and even took care of our day-of coordination at no extra charge. We received SO many compliments on the food and service staff. I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet for your wedding, business event, or private party. Two thumbs way up!

Sent on 10/28/2012
  • Niki

Niki · Married on 10/06/2012

My husband and I consider ourselves to be "foodies", so we took our time while shopping around for a caterer. We could not be more happy with our choice! Simply gourmet not only had delicious food for a great price, but they were also super easy to work with. Jamie handled everything, from the food and table set up to the linens and rentals. She made it such an easy process and everything looked and tasted better than expected. Thank you Jamie and Chef for making our wedding so amazing!

Sent on 10/27/2012

kerry · Married on 05/20/2012

Jaime and Larry are amazing! The food was delicious!

Sent on 05/27/2012

Laura · Married on 05/05/2012

Larry and Jamie are not only superb caterers, they become friends. Simply Gourmet is not just about the finest food, it is about having a staff that understands your wishes for your special event and despite everything makes sure those dreams come true. Everyone at the wedding said it was the best food and finest service that they had experienced in Sarasota. There is nothing simple about the work this staff performs, they just make it look that way.
    Our thanks to the entire team for a flawess day! The Roginski Family

Sent on 05/15/2012

Mark · Married on 03/16/2012

We looked at a lot of potential caterers, and the difference for us was Kathy and the "day of" planning that she did for us. She was very organized and helpful, and on our wedding day she allowed us to enjoy the day without worrying about the details. All 3 of our entree choices were excellent (beef, chicken, and fish)... as were the appetizers. Would highly recommend Simply Gourmet to anyone getting married in the Sarasota area.

Sent on 05/20/2012

Tammy · Married on 03/10/2012

The Simply Gourmet team did a spectacular job for my sons reception on March 10. We had the ceremony and reception at the Oaks at Wind Song which was a beautiful setting in the country under the tree's. I wasn't sure how Chef Larry could feed 140 guest and have the food hot and fresh since there is was no place in the woods to prepare the food. I was so impressed was I tasted my food it was hot, the chicken was juice and tender and the asparagus was crunchy and delicious. The entire evening went very smooth and the staff did a great job attending to every detail throughout the evening. I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet for your party or event any time!

Sent on 04/16/2012
  • AMANDA

AMANDA · Married on 03/02/2012

The staff at Simply Gourmet did such a wonderful job! Kathy did a great job helping me get everything planned so that nothing got missed! She always answered emails promptly and we had no problem scheduling in person appointments. The day of the wedding eveyone was on time and had everything set up on time too. I didn't have to worry about a thing which was such a relief! The food was really good, I have not heard a single complaint about our dinner (steak & shrimp). I can't thank them enough for doing such an awesome job!

Sent on 03/11/2012

Dan · Married on 10/15/2011

Chef Larry and Jamie Barrett were an absolute joy to work with. We enjoyed every step of the way with them. From the moment we finished our initial tasting with them our mouth watered in anticipation for the wedding night. The process with them was very easy and it allowed us to just enjoy the road to our special day. The day of our wedding neither of us wanted to eat much for lunch because we knew what was to come for dinner and they delivered beyond our expectations. Our guest, however, had no idea what they were in for and we were so happy to hear all the compliments on how delicious the food was and how nicely presented the fruit bar was during cocktail hour from all of our closest friends and family. We chose to have a table served dinner rather than a buffet style dinner and were so happy with the serving staff and their professionalism. Simply Gourmet is amazing and we would recommend them highly to anyone seeking a catering company that will take great care of their guests and provide food that is to die for. Thank you to Chef Larry & Jamie and to your wonderful staff.

Sent on 12/09/2011

Tracey · Married on 10/08/2011

Everything was PERFECT for my wedding day!!! Kathy with Simply Gourmet was by my side every step of the way I could not have done it without her. Her decorating skills are out of this world she made the ceremony and reception everything I imagined it would be. I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet if you are looking for a stress free wedding Kathy and her staff will make it perfect. Thanks Simply Gourmet, Kathy and staff.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Erin · Married on 06/19/2011

My husband and I were so happy with the quality of the food and service from Simply Gourmet. We are very picky about the quality of food and knew that it would have to be a highlight of our event, especially after experiencing so many expensive but mediocre meals at weddings. We chose to do a cocktail style heavy hors d'oeurves reception in a lounge like setting and an international variety of foods. Everything was absolutely delicious just as it was at our tasting. Kathy and her staff were incredible. Acting as our Event Coordinator as well, Kathy was everywhere we needed her, and she set up the reception room perfectly. We couldn't have asked for a better overall experience. Thank you Simply Gourmet! ~ Mr. and Mrs. Wilkens

Sent on 07/05/2011

Melinda · Married on 06/04/2011

Simply Gourmet was one of our favorite and most-reliable vendors. I'm vegetarian and very sensitive about chef's comments and suggestions about my diet. We interviewed and tasted with four caterers in town, and one caterer said my request was "too vegetarian" and another didn't even make the vegetarian dinner when we showed up for the tasting!

While the other caterers were busy offending me (the bride) and suggesting boring not-from-scratch pasta dishes, Larry and Jamie from Simply Gourmet pulled me aside and asked me what vegetarian dish I really wanted. I said I wanted pumpkin raviolis, and Larry was very excited to make them. These were from handmade dough and had the most delicious savory and sweet filling imaginable. My entire family was also very pleased with their flavorful fish and meat options. It's actually funny how long their catering option list is because Larry can literally make anything perfectly. The salad with the berries and candied nuts also comes with the most delicious homemade dressing. The food was even better at the wedding than at the tasting!

The food was also very reasonably priced for the quality and presentation. Their servers were perfect, friendly and professional. They also had a host-bar option so the open bar was affordable. The rentals get VERY expensive, but Simply Gourmet charges the normal market prices.

All in All, Simply Gourmet is the class-act you want at your wedding. From consult to the day of, everything comes out as promised.

Sent on 06/29/2011

Amelia · Married on 05/07/2011

My fiance and I both love good food, so finding a good caterer for our wedding was a must. We tested out our first caterer and were rather discouraged. Simply Gourmet was the second place we tried and boy, what a difference! It was important to both of us to create a unique menu rather than serving traditional wedding food and Chef Larry was fantastic at making that come true. All of our guests could not stop raving about how delicious the food was!
    When we walked into to Simply Gourmet we had no idea that we would walk out with not only a caterer but also a planner! Kathy was absolutely amazing. She was instrumental in making all the many pieces of our wedding come together into a magical day. We can not thank Kathy, Larry and Jamie enough for helping us to create the wedding of our dreams. Thank you again!

Sent on 05/16/2011

Judith · Married on 03/16/2011

Our guests, many of whom are in the food business, all said it was the best dinner at a wedding ever. We were very specific in our needs, changed several items along the way and even asked Simply Gourmet to make up an appetizer so we could use special caviar from Mote Marine. They were gracious and responsive all the way. We definitely felt like we got more than we paid for.

Sent on 03/29/2011

Joe · Married on 03/11/2011

Simply Gourmet is simply perfect. Their food is AMAZING. They customize anything and everything you want. We had vegan, dairy free, and vegetarian food at our reception and even sushi! Chef Larry is magical for sure. He had tons of different ideas to make a very versatile menu. I worked with Jamie and she was so patient with me and was super responsive with any questions I had. (our gmail conversations would be huge!) The staff is super professional and nice and the house made sangria is delicious. It is a bit more costly than other caterers, but if you want people raving about your food, are in need of really unique eats, and you have a higher standard than other bland and boring catered food, look no further. You will love Simply Gourmet. A+... <3 Anna and Joe

Sent on 03/16/2011

sarah · Married on 01/15/2011

My now husband and I could not have been more pleased! Not only was the food incredible (presentation, taste, everything about it) but Jamie made the wedding run smoothly during the event, as well as helped with major planning details. She is a wonderful source to go to with any event related question and was a very calming presence! Simply Gourmet took my wedding to a whole new level!

Sent on 05/17/2011