Simply Gourmet Weddings Reviews

Simply Gourmet Weddings 6
Simply Gourmet Weddings 7
  • Future-Mrs.Smith

Brittany · Married on 12/07/2014

I truly can't say enough about Jamie and her staff at Simply Gourmet, everyone was amazing from the start of planning to wedding day. Jamie was very quick to get back to me and was a pleasure to work with. They will work with your budget, and truly care about making your wedding vision come to life. They can even help you with wedding decor such as linens. Aside from all of this their food is so good!! Everyone at our wedding loved it!! They were really great about making sure my groom and I were able to eat and even made us a few to go meals to take back to our hotel! Thank you so much Jamie and the Simply Gourmet team!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/08/2014

Simply Gourmet is the best all around catering company in my opinion! Owners Jamie and Larry make a dynamic duo - chef Larry creates amazing dishes and Jamie manages everything, including every detail at your wedding if you hire her to be your day-of coordinator, which I am SO glad I did. We had our entire wedding on the beach, and ended up with just under 100 guests all coming from the northeast. The weather turned rainy minutes before the ceremony, which undoubtedly presented challenges for all of the staff, but Jamie handled it all with finesse and no one had any idea of little glitches that may have popped up. I handed Jamie boxes of DIY and decor items to set-up the day of the wedding, and since I wasn't there to supervise, was a little worried, but Jamie set it all up to perfection! She also advised me on vendors and offered great recommendations based on her past experiences. It was really nice to be able to bounce ideas off Jamie and have her come back with her recommendations, knowing they have been around the business for a long time and have great relationships with all of the vendors in the Sarasota area. Now for the food...it's the BEST! What drew me to them initially was their promise of being a green company and making everything fresh and local when they can. You can taste the quality in every bite, and how much care they put into each dish. This is not your typical boring and tasteless banquet wedding food that we've all experienced. The tray passed h'ordeuvres were all so good and the buffet was creative and tasty. I had many guests comment on how good the food was. One of our guests came over in the middle of dinner to tell us how delicious each thing on her plate was! With 90+ guests, all coming from the northeast, this is a true testament to the quality of the food. Thank you Jamie, Larry, Becky and team!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2014

Simply Gourmet was AWESOME! The provided the food and catering for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. The food was EXCELLENT (healthy to!) and presented beautifully. The entire staff was on point and made sure everyone had what they needed.
    Jamie was also our wedding planner- Best Decision I Made. She was AMAZING. She is a step ahead of everyone and anticipated our needs before we even had to ask. The entire ceremony ran smoothly and perfectly thanks to her and the staff. She made everything that I wanted happen and it truly seemed effortless. I cannot thank you and your team enough for making our day so special and unforgettable. XOXO
    Nicole and Ty McMath

Sent on 11/15/2014

Katherine · Married on 10/11/2014

HIRE THIS COMPANY!!! Chef Larry and Jamie Barrett make a flawless team! Our wedding was this past Saturday and all of our guests were raving about how great the food was. It was sooooo good! We received quite a few "this was the best wedding we've ever attended, and we've been to a lot of weddings" comments. We took advantage of Simply Gourmet's full service catering, so Jamie arranged all of our rentals, as well. I can't tell you how easy it was, having them do it all! From the tables, chairs, linens, glassware, flatware...even the dance floor, everything was customized to what we visioned for our day and it was executed to perfection. At first we weren't sure if we needed their wedding planning service, but I am SO SO SO glad we had Jamie as our planner, and at an amazingly low cost I might add. She was invaluable. As a bride, the last thing you want to be doing on your wedding day is wondering if the decor is in place and whether the ceremony musician is going to be on time. Jamie coordinated everything! From the moment I called Simply Gourmet to inquire about their catering service through the wedding day, I was confident that our wedding was in the right hands and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out. We had the absolute best time and have Simply Gourmet to thank! You guys are awesome! Xoxo

Sent on 10/16/2014

Kara · Married on 09/20/2014

Awesome food! Fantastic menu! Compliments galore! Jamie set up a breath-takingly beautiful buffet for our wedding in September 2014 . Jamie brought and set up the food off-sight at a resort at Bradenton Beach. She worked closely with us while we planned a wedding while living in Arizona. The menu Jamie developed for us was just what we wanted and the statement we wanted to make with our guests starting with the wonderful appetizers and right through the meal and onto the cake cutting, which she helped with which was a terrific help. Our guests who attended our “destination” wedding had so many compliments about the food that we knew we made the right choice by using “Simply Gourmet”. Thank you, Jamie, for making our dream wedding a reality

Sent on 03/22/2015

Katie · Married on 07/19/2014

Chef Larry is amazing. He is always excited about the food and making our event the best he could. Their staff on the day of was responsive and very well prepared. We had no complaint for the food or the service on the day our wedding.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Everyone at Simply Gourmet from Jamie ,Chef Larry and Becky ,to the rest of the staff are absolutely AMAZING!!!! Becky was my day of coordinator for our 05/17/14 wedding and she was FANTASTIC!!! Everything ran so smoothly we didn't have to worry about a thing. All our guests LOVED the food!!! We could not have picked a better caterer. From the very start, their professionalism and enthusiasm for what they do let's you know that you will be taken care of and that you are in good hands. One of my friends asked who I was using for a caterer for my wedding and I told her Simply Gourmet and she is now using them for her upcoming wedding as well. You definitely can't go wrong with Simply Gourmet. Thanks for Everything!!!!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

It was our pleasure to make your day as special as can be! We are so humbled and thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your day! We are happy that Becky was able to make your event run flawlessly, and that your vision was created. We look forward to working with your friend, and hopefully you and your husband in the future!!

Lynn · Married on 05/03/2014

Jamie at Simply Gourmet went above and beyond to make our wedding a fabulous event. From planning the menu, to decorating the tables, to coordinating the day, her expert hand was there.
    Chef Larry did an amazing job. Her staff took wonderful care of our guests. I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

Lynn - We were happy to make your day a special one to remember! We strive for perfection - and were happy to have made your day just that! We pride ourselves in service, professionalism, and flawless food. We are so happy to have been apart of your special day!

Julie · Married on 04/17/2014

Everything was amazing, the food was delicious....people are still talking about how good it was.
    Becky was so helpful in making sure everything was in order on time, then made sure we were Happy with everything.
    We will definitely use Simply gourmet again and refer them to everyone we know!

Sent on 05/02/2014

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

Julie - you picked such a beautiful venue, and we couldn't have been happier to execute your vision for your big day. Becky thoroughly enjoyed being apart of your wedding and reception, and we pride ourselves in flawlessness. We look forward to working with you and Mike in the future! Congrats again!

miriam · Married on 04/05/2014

The team at simply Gourmet are fabulous. Jamie made our wedding planning easy and stress-free. Chef Larry created a great culinary experience for the guests. We would use them again and again and again...

Sent on 04/07/2014

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

Miriam - we had such a wonderful time creating your vision! Chef Larry also loved creating a menu that reflected you and Robert's personalities and tastes. We strive to keep things at a very personal and professional level and couldn't be happier for the both of you!

Megan · Married on 03/23/2014

Simply Gourmet was an absolute pleasure to work with!! I can't say enough good things about Jamie (co-owner and lead coordinator). She was so, SO sweet but organized and very helpful. I would highly recommend using them. Of course their food was excellent also!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

Megan - you and your family were SO sweet to work with as well. Your precise attention to details molded with our "personal touch" attitude and the end result was spectacular! Jamie enjoyed watching you and Colin's vision become a reality, and executing a perfect event - created by you! Congrats to you both again on this wonderful journey!

candice · Married on 03/23/2014

Jamie, Becky and ALL the staff we dealt with at Simply Gourmet for our 30th Vow Renewal Celebration were SIMPLY Wonderful!! Jaime worked with me to create a menu specific to our desires and honed the budget to get the most culinary sophistication for the best value. The Tasting proved invaluable and most of the evening's itinerary was laid out leaving me feeling confident and assured that we'd made a great choice. Becky The Wedding Planner was superb in organizing and keeping the event flowing without disrupting the fun...and she is the sweetest person I've ever encountered in such a demanding business. All through the evening, the staff members couldnt have been nicer in attending to my guests needs and we all were given every courtesy genuinely conveyed. We were not disappointed using this vendor- our experience couldn't have been better!! Thanks Simply Gourmet!!

Sent on 05/10/2014

Christina · Married on 03/08/2014

Simply Gourmet was wonderful to work with. Questions were always answered in a timely manner, and the food was incredible!

Sent on 03/23/2014
  • Kiran

Kiran · Married on 03/01/2014

The team at Simply Gourmet Sarasota was wonderful to work with. The company is run by a husband and wife team and they are very easy to work with and very personable. Me and my fiancé went in to meet with them for an initial tasting and had an immediate comfort and liking to not only the quality of the food but the warm staff. We were able to build our menu from scratch and completely customize it to our liking; Chef Larry is amazing and willing to work with you in order to make your ideal menu. Being a vegetarian this was really important to me because vegetarian options at weddings tend to be an afterthought and I did not want this to happen at my own wedding! They also offer the ability to purchase all items for the bar on your own, which was awesome because I was able to customize it to me and my husband’s favorite kinds of wine, beer & liquor as well as purchase everything at a fraction of the cost of paying a flat rate per guest. Jamie was amazing to work with as well, she knows the wedding industry and is able to organize and put together your ideas easily. It was such a lift off my shoulders that all I had to do was meet with Jamie or Becky and discuss what colors, theme, place setting, set up and timeline I wanted for the day of the wedding and they organized it all for me! The day of the wedding I did not have to worry about a thing, Simply Gourmet and their team did it all and MORE! They completely exceeded my expectations and even thought of and took care of things that I had not thought of or forgot to tell them about ahead of time. If you are looking for a company that provides great food, complete set-up/clean-up, wedding planning & day of coordinating along with a warm staff & worry free wedding day this is definitely the place to go!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Kristin · Married on 02/15/2014

We are beyond pleased with Jamie and Simply Gourmet Catering. They created a menu to meet our needs both in taste and budget. Jamie was knowledgeable about vendors in the area to provide us with great recommendations. She was always responsive to my emails, lists and ideas and helped us create the wedding we envisioned. Whether it was a last minute request or a DIY project that needed implementation, Jamie did it with a positivity and finesse!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 12/14/2013

Jamie, Stephanie, and all the staff at Simply Gourmet were wonderful and happy to work with our budget and the fact that they handled the rentals was great too. I didn't have to go to another company and then get them to coordinate with Simply Gourmet for things I didn't even know I needed. Jamie was so helpful and flexible. The food was great! And all of my guests raved about it especially the garlic potatoes. Jamie thank you for making our special day run so smoothly. If I could rate them higher than 5 I would. This is the caterer I will suggest to my clients and friends.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/23/2013

Simply gourmet catered all the food for my wedding and also handled the rentals. The food was amazing! My guests are still talking about how great it was! They also provided day of coordination services for me. Becky was my day of coordinator, actually I should call her my month before coordinator and week after coordinator as well because she went above and beyond for me! Honestly I don't think everything would have turned out so perfectly if it wasn't for her! She is the best! She took care of everything I needed and did all the worrying for me! Everything turned out PERFECT and I definitely owe that to simply gourmet!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Jamie, Chef Larry, and Staff
    You are all outstanding people. I remember when my husband and I tried out a couple of caterers when we first got engaged and I remember sitting at our kitchen tables discussing who we were going to choose and Simply Gourmet was, by far, the best choice. Not only is there food amazing, but they are also the nicest people you have ever met. Jamie made us feel calm and she also made sure we were ready for whatever situation came our way. Jamie and her staff made my husband and I feel so comfortable. Not only did Jamie take care of Rob and I she made sure our moms were treated and felt like the mothers of the bride and groom. The day of our wedding went so smoothly, it was like all that hard work never happened and that is because of Jamie and her staff. Simply Gourmet’s staff helped make our day unforgettable. We will always be thankful for Jamie and her staff, our wedding was perfect.

Sent on 05/28/2014

amie,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Saturday was the absolute best day of my life, and I have to give you SUCH a huge portion of the credit!! The food was amazing, but that was only the tip of the iceberg! You were more than just a caterer, you helped with everything! You calmed my nerves when the forecast called for rain, came up with an exceptional back-up plan, and made sure it was executed properly-- without me needed to do a thing!

Your staff was so kind, helpful and hardworking!! They would not let me lift a finger, and made sure that I had eaten everything that was out. At one point I was across the street taking pictures, and they came out to find me, and would not leave until I ate--- twice!! So amazing!! The day did not go as originally planned, but no one was the wiser and it was beautiful! You have been such a help throughout this whole process and I could not have been luckier to have found you!!!

Do you bottle your salad dressing?? Because I need some of that and your beef tenderloin on a stick :-)

Thank you for ALL your help throughout this whole year!! We are truly blessed that you came into our lives!! Please tell everyone that worked the rehearsal dinner and the wedding that they are so appreciated!! I am trying to think of a reason to have another catered event, just so I can work with you all again!!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Jessie · Married on 10/19/2013

I knew that I wanted to work with Simply Gourmet right away when I called them last year. They put a quote together for me right away, which also included day-of wedding coordination. Having the caterer as my day-of coordinator made a lot of sense as they had to coordinate with many of the vendors anyway.

Jamie and Becky were both there at our rehearsal and wedding day making sure everything was in order. They made sure I wasn't to worry about a thing, and I didn't!

What I like most about Simply Gourmet is that they are an established company in Sarasota that have worked with many many many vendors in the area. They know what works. They did a fanastic job and I would choose them again in a heartbeat. Thank you Jamie and Becky!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Veronica · Married on 06/22/2013

Simply Gourmet exceeded my expectation for what a catering company can do. Not only did they provide excellent food (we are foodies so we are very critical of food) but Kathy Taylor acted as a wedding planner, helping us with all the details from decor, execution of the ceremony, creating timelines, confirming with other vendors, etc. You name it, Kathy took care of it. I highly recommend Simply Gourmet and I cannot thank them enough for their amazing services on one of the most important days of our lives. Thank you Kathy, Chef Barrett, and the amazing staff for taking such great care of us!

Sent on 01/04/2014

We absolutely love Simply Gourmet! Kathy was a fantastic event manager and helped us achieve a great menu for our wedding. We were able to select everything which made the menu feel more personalized. She and the wait staff did an amazing job setting everything up for us which gave us peace of mind the morning of the wedding. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/30/2013
  • User3194871 · 2+ years ago

It was really important to us to have great food at our wedding and Simply Gourmet gave us just that. The food was excellent and really creative. They worked with us to put together an amazing menu for our guests. As a vegetarian, I really appreciated the range of vegetarian & vegan options they could offer - not one of them pasta!! Chef Larry is a talented chef and Kathy was great to work with - very organized, professional & communicative. The staff were excellent and the event couldn't have gone better.

Sent on 04/13/2013

I am Asian and my husband is Latin. When were were looking for wedding caterers, we told each potential caterer to come up with an Asian-Latin fusion menu that would incorporate the two cultures. We did tastings with two different caterers. The first caterer we went to was a disappointment. However, Chef Larry completely understood our vision after we told Jamie about our different backgrounds. We met Chef Larry and Jamie at the tasting. They were professional, very friend, and extremely passionate about their food. And they should be because the food is delicious and unlike any other wedding food I've tasted. Chef Larry created two delicious options that fused the two cultures together. Two months before my wedding, Kathy Taylor called me to go over my wedding vision, from the food, the rentals, the decorations, to the timeline. She was beyond wonderful, extremely helpful, and very professional. I was planning the wedding from Orlando and Kathy made me feel at ease. Kathy also came to the wedding rehearsal to organize and run the rehearsal. We would have been lost and disorganized without her. On the day of my wedding, Kathy served as my day of coordinator (without any extra charge) and made my wedding day move flawlessly. She coordinated with all the vendors, made sure my decorating vision was carried out, and made sure we were on schedule. I was blown away by all the stunning details at my wedding and at how beautiful everything was. It was exactly how I had imagined. The food was delicious, unique, and beautifully presented. Words cannot express how satisfied and grateful I am with Simply Gourmet's expert touch and wonderful service. It was a pleasure to work with Chef Larry, Jamie, and Kathy!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

It was our pleasure and we are so happy that your Wedding Day was everything you hoped for.

Kate · Married on 03/30/2013

Lovely people, especially considerate of the bride and ensuring you are looked after all day. Food is extremely flavoursome and nicely presented. Totally know what they are doing! Great job and happy guests!!

Sent on 04/06/2013