Simply Gourmet Weddings Reviews

Simply Gourmet Weddings 5
Simply Gourmet Weddings 6
Simply Gourmet Weddings 7

Natalie · Married on 10/08/2016

Simply Gourmet was absolutely fantastic to work with! The food was delicious and affordable, the service was outstanding, and the entire experience greatly exceeded our expectations. Aside from the catering aspect -- we hired Becky Souflis, Senior Event Coordinator as our day of coordinator/planner on top of the fact that she was managing the onsite catering. It was by far the best decision we could have possibly made. I didn't think we needed a day-of-planner, but I was sorely mistaken and am so glad we decided to take advantage of her services. I worked closely with her in the months leading up to our wedding and she made the planning process so seamless and easy for me. It made a world of difference because we are not local to Sarasota, so having a local point person was a huge help - especially someone like Becky! She had fantastic relationships with all of our vendors in Sarasota, and was such a pleasure to work with. We could not have pulled of the wedding of our dreams without her! She was organized, professional and is amazing at what she does. She paid attention to every single detail and did so much more than just day of coordination. I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet as a caterer and also urge you to higher Becky for her day-of services. Our experience was beyond anything we could have imagined and I miss working with her and the Simply Gourmet team.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Denise · Married on 10/01/2016

Simply Gourmet catered our wedding and we could not of been more delighted with their service! Everything was perfect! The food was spectacular! All of our guest raved over our hor d'oeuves, the brie was outstanding! The main course was plated beautifully, and the taste couldn't get any better. The service was very professional and the display of the buffet was very well done! We will definitely recommend them to any of our family and friends or anyone who may be looking for a catering company! Many thanks to Jamie, Chef Larry, and all the staff members who made our special day perfect!
    Denise & Kris Edwards

Sent on 10/26/2016
  • F

Fallon · Married on 10/01/2016

Simply Gourmet was simply amazing!! I could not have asked for a better caterer. They exceeded our expectations. The catering tasting was 5 stars and the food at the wedding was even better. Their service and professionalism are unbeatable. You will not regret hiring Simply Gourmet as your caterer!!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Maddie · Married on 08/06/2016

We had a wonderful experience working with Simply Gourmet. Not only was our food delicious. but all of the tables and settings turned out exactly as we envisioned. Jamie did a fantastic job of coordinating everything we wanted and completely kept us in the loop, including when things would involve price changes and she always had our budget in mind. We would HIGHLY recommend hiring them. :)

Sent on 08/30/2016

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

We are so happy that we were able to make your vision come to life! We were extremely honored to be apart of your wedding and wish you a lifetime of happiness!

I started working with Simple Gourmet over a year before the wedding. We selected Kathy as our day-of-coordinator almost immediately. We went through several different dinner menus just to match our budget, which we were successful in doing. They had no issue changing things around to accommodate our budget and that was such a relief. The closer we got to the wedding the more we met with Simply Gourmet to make sure everything was perfect!
    Our guests LOVED the food! And even better, I loved the food! We had a pasta bar and it was so much fun for our guests. The tables, chairs, and place settings were set-up wonderfully and everything was so perfect and beautiful.
    The staff day of the wedding was so wonderful. They escorted my husband and me to the buffet and filled our plates for us. We didn’t have to do anything. They treated us like VIP and always brought us our drinks, extra food, cake, etc. During our formal pictures they brought over passed appetizers for my family and bridal party. Even after the wedding they packed up the rest of the food to-go and helped my parents clear out the building.
    I would definitely recommend Simply Gourmet for your wedding catering. They do so much more than just food!

Day of Coordinator: Kathy Taylor of Simple Gourmet
    Kathy was amazing! She was with us from the beginning of our wedding planning right up to the end. She knew everything about my wedding and was always there to help. She was more of a month-of coordinator, which we desperately needed! The week before the wedding I started to stress and she was always there to tell me why I shouldn’t be stressing, or to help fix the issue I was stressing about!
    Day of the wedding she was calm and collected and took care of everything. I didn’t even have to think about the time schedule or what comes next in the day. I didn’t even know what was going on outside the bridal room. Kathy simply approached me when it was time to do something, and would always ask if I was ready or if I would like to change something. She was wonderful!!!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Lisa · Married on 04/23/2016

Simply Gourmet was simply wonderful! The food catered for our daughter's wedding was better than most restaurants. Even though the wedding was held in the beautiful surroundings of the Ringling Museum's courtyard, the very first thing our guests commented on was how delicious the food was from the tenderloin/lobster appetizers to the berry salad dressing. Everything was superb! I can highly recommend them. They did an outstanding job at helping to make this special day memorable.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Carrie · Married on 04/10/2016

I want to start by saying that food in general is extremely important to me. So great food at our wedding was a must. Simply Gourmet is truly the best! We researched and tried other caterers. The moment we sat down with Jamie and tried our first bite of Chef Larry's food, I locked eyes with my future husband and his mom. The three of us knew we had found our caterer. From then on each and every expectation, concern, and fantasy was expertly handled by the Simply Gourmet staff. In a rare stroke of brilliance, I hired Jamie for my 'day-of' coordination. Best decision! She promptly addressed all of our emails and phone calls (and there were a lot of those) with total calm and professionalism. My wedding day was sheer perfection thanks to these wonderful people. And THE FOOD!!! Literally the BEST! My foodie snob bridesmaid ( who is also brutally honest) declared it to be "the best food I've ever had at any wedding!" If you want incredible food and service provided by people who really care about what they do, you have found it in Simply Gourmet!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Simply Gourmet did my wedding about a week ago and I must say I still think of the food. The food was incredible and my co workers are still raving about how delicious it was. Also, the service was perfect. All the staff was so friendly, helpful, looked very nice and just amazing. The best caterer I could have asked for!!!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/02/2016

I can not say enough good things about Simply Gourmet. From the beginning of our planning over a year ago we have had a great experience, from picking our food to linens etc Becky was a great help! Hiring her as a day of coordinator was hands down the best decision I have ever made. Our day was flawless ( well at least to our knowledge) through the rain ( or mild hurricane) Becky took care of everything with ease! She is amazingly friendly, organized, and so on top of things. The food was great and the staff was friendly at our reception, everything ran on time and they cleaned up everything too! Becky you made our day amazing and we can't thank you enough!! Thank you!

Sent on 04/06/2016

Can I just say this was the absolute best decision I could have ever made for a cater for our wedding. Becky was heaven sent !! She made everything so much easier and using her as our day of planner was the greatest. We got so many compliments on the food from our guest. I will say my favorite part of using their wonderful services was the personal waiting staff they had for my husband and I they made us feel like a real life King and queen. I would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 03/19/2016

Alicia · Married on 10/24/2015

Perfect five star rating from this happy bride. Thank you, Simply Gourmet for your amazing service at our wedding. I am so glad that I listened to the recommendations of my venue and my photographer, who both strongly recommended Simply Gourmet. First, they were patient with my frequent menu changes. Jamie and Becky are so responsive to me and highly organized - they will walk you through every step of the process. The food was beyond fantastic and my guests raved to me about the level of service, attention to detail and overall quality. There was not a single complaint - only many compliments! I especially appreciate that a vegan meal was provided for the Mother of the Bride, which was a last minute accommodation we needed. We also had many dietary restrictions, all of which were handled perfectly. I'd like to thank Aaron and her team for ensuring that I knew what was going on every minute. I especially appreciate that they ensured that my groom and I got to enjoy the passed appetizers, dinner and cake! We were so busy all evening, if not for the staff who attended to us so thoughtfully it's highly likely we would not have had time to enjoy our own meals. Thank you, Simply Gourmet!

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • User5619633 · 2+ years ago

Simply Gourmet is simply the best! We had our wedding catered by Simply Gourmet and would use them again in a heartbeat. Becky was a master organizer and took the stress of planning off our shoulders. She provided thoughtful suggestions along the way, while also remaining calm and funny. The food was fantastic, and many of our guests commented on how it was the best meal they have ever had at a wedding. The staff was courteous, friendly, and efficient and helped make the evening run smoothly. If you’re looking for a catered event where delicious food, great planning, and attentive staff are your top priorities then Simply Gourmet is the one to choose!

Sent on 11/16/2015

gail · Married on 09/12/2015

We would hire this caterer again in a heartbeat. The food was fantastic and we got many compliments on it. The staff was extremely attentive and they anticipated our needs before being asked. They were truly dedicated to making sure that the guests had a good time and that the bride and groom were happy. Becky was our wedding coordinator and she was flexible and creative in allowing our daughter to achieve her dream of getting married outside, despite a thunderstorm that set the ceremony back a half hour. She juggled the 95 guests, venue coordinators, the bride, the groom, the band and the catering staff to keep the guests happy and dry until the rain stopped and we were able to convene the ceremony in the garden. Again, things could not have gone better, thanks to the professionals at Simply Gourmet. We highly recommend this caterer.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Jordan · Married on 07/25/2015

All I have to say is wow. This company went above and beyond the call of duty. Not only was the food delicious, nearly everyone at our wedding said that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. This is coming from very picky New York eaters! They accommodated special requests (allergies, dietary restrictions, etc...) gracefully and easily. This company is a surefire way to make sure that the food at your wedding will be no less than perfect.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/02/2015

We used Simply Gourmet for my daughter’s wedding at my brother and sister-in-laws house in Sarasota. And everything was perfection!!!
    The owner, Jamie, was such a BIG help the day of our event with everything—from the placement of tables to decorating the cake table. We dealt with Becky until the day of the wedding and she was wonderful to work with. She stayed within our budget and produced a beautiful result. Marlene and her waitstaff were superb!! They were very pleasant to have taking care of all of us. I did not hear one negative about anything, which I consider a real big plus.
    The food was amazing! Everything was the right temperature and sooooo very, very good. We heard people raving about it all night! What was so very nice is that they listened when we asked about having mango more in a salsa like topping instead of as a coulis. The chicken was very moist which people commented on, as the night before some had dry chicken. Chef Larry your food was perfection plus!
    Out of all the other caterers we had tried we are so very happy we went with Simply Gourmet. With them you will not go wrong. They are above and beyond a top rating.

Sent on 05/09/2015

Danielle · Married on 05/02/2015

The very first thing I said to my mother, when we began planning my wedding was that the food MUST be good. I had been to a few weddings and all I can remember was how the food was really not any good at all, and the fact that it was like this for a wedding was shocking to me. Well Simply Gourmet did more than just give us good food, they served us GREAT food. They even went out of their way to help form my idea of a tropical menu; but they not only met my dream they went BEYOND it. The cashew crusted chicken was so moist and delicious, and the mango salsa, Oh my lord! With the fire grilled vegetables--you could even still taste the grill on the zucchini! Don’t even get me started on the cocktail hour finger foods, we picked the tenderloin garlic lollipop with horseradish sauce, smoked Gouda quesadillas, Fontiina stuffed risotto balls and Alsatian tart. Jamie was also sure that we, the bride and groom, were saved some so that we could enjoy them as well. They were absolutely delicious and fresh! I honestly could not say more good things about Simply Gourmet. Everyone at my wedding could not stop mentioning how good the food was and I could not agree more! Not only was the food great but the service was awesome as well, they even put up with my new husbands banter and demands that they have fun too! Thank you Chef Larry, Jamie, Becky, Marlene and all your staff for making my wedding the perfect day that it was. I only wish I could eat your food everyday!

Sent on 05/09/2015

Selena · Married on 04/19/2015

I have to say that I don't usually write reviews. I am lazy about following up, I'll admit, but Simply Gourmet went above and beyond our expectations. I scouted out A LOT of caterers & chose Simply Gourmet, in part b/c of the wonderful word of mouth reviews from others, they were the most affordable for our budget and Becky was very willing to work with us to make sure we stayed within our budget. Becky is top notch. She is professional and genuine and very good at what she does. I appreciated that she was the only one who corresponded with me rather than talking to multiple people. It made for clear and concise communication. Our big day was magical, despite unexpected rain. Becky & team made it all seamless. We felt like royalty. The staff doted on us & the food was EXCEPTIONAL! We had the chance prior to do a tasting & meet chef Larry. We loved his energy and passion for what he does immediately. Everyone at Simply Gourmet is simply THE BEST. They are caring, dedicated, and experienced. We were in the best hands in the business. Larry's food is fit for a fine dining experience. So many of our guests raved about the food. It was hot, delicious, and thoughtfully crafted to be a work of art in our mouths. THANK YOU to Becky, Larry, Jackie, and the entire friendly staff for making our event unforgettable.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Allie · Married on 04/11/2015

Jamie from Simply Gourmet served as our day-of coordinator. She kept us on track and had the mental capacity to handle things I was too distracted for or didn’t care as much about. She’d let us know when it was time for pictures or the first dances – all things that you’ve discussed together a million times (including the timeline), but in the heat of the moment, you’re too busy with everyone talking to you. At one point, she came up and brought the remaining cupcakes because they had all been eaten already and that wasn’t on top of mind for my husband and I. But, I appreciated it because we really wanted to eat them. We weren’t originally going to have a day-of coordinator and thought we could get away with a close family friend serving as a “pusher.” But, we realized it would be wise, and it was the best decision we made.

The food was also good, and we received compliments on it. We consulted on our menu, and Jamie understood the foods that we really wanted to incorporate. We had a wonderful experience working with Simply Gourmet and would do it again!

Sent on 05/28/2015
  • User4920723 · 2+ years ago

You cannot go wrong with Simply Gourmet. Jamie treated us like family from the moment we walked into the office and Chef Larry is phenomenal! We are still hearing how amazing our food and appetizers were, and how professional, yet fun, the staff was. My husband and I got married at the same venue our reception was located and during the cocktail hour, Jamie transformed the courtyard into the most beautiful scene, with every detail in place. I'm so happy with our experience and recommend to every bride and groom.

Sent on 03/28/2015

Melissa · Married on 03/07/2015

Simply Gourmet was absolutely great! We used them for our rehearsal dinner and for catering on the day of our wedding and they were absolutely perfect! Everyone was raving about the food and loved it. On the day of the wedding, they were very professional and there were no complaints by anyone - thank you Jamie!!

Sent on 03/15/2015

Brandy · Married on 02/21/2015

The food was amazingggggg! Everyone loved the bacon wrapped shrimp and garlic tenderloin lollipop appetizers! Chef Larry did such a great job with getting the food out hot and on time. He was even able to accommodate all the food allergies at our wedding which was probably not the easiest! Becky was my fairy godmother for the entire planning process! She always answered my emails within 24 hrs and had such a great attitude. I was quite picky and she was able to make sure everything was just the way I wanted it. On the day of the wedding she made sure all my little DIY items were in place.

Simply Gourmet has now catered my wedding, my brother's wedding and a friend of ours wedding. I would definitely recommend them to everyone! They beat everyone else's prices and still provided great quality food!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Jamie, Larry, and Becky were 'Simply The Best'.

We had originally been thinking of going with a certain, highly rated vendor in the area, but the minute we put down a deposit it was as if they didn't care any more. The other vendor was additionally highly inflexible, and canceled on us for a tasting date that *they* suggested, when we had to fly down to do so. Fed up, we decided to try Simply Gourmet, who was hosting the rehearsal dinner.

It was like night and day. While myself and my husband didn't get a chance to try out the other caterers food due to their rescheduling on us, my parents did... And they were not impressed. Simply Gourmet managed to fit us in the weekend we should have been doing our originally scheduled tasting. Ron, Jamie, and Becky were all there , ready to help. They didn't even sweat it when our Uncle decided to drop in on us at the last second, and fed him as well. Ron's dishes were absolutely amazing; I think my favorite was the goat cheese "pillows". Everything looked beautiful as well, which really improved the experience.

It was a hard sell to get us to lose our previous deposit on our caterer and go with Simply Gourmet, but there was no way we were doing anything else after that excellent meal. Simply Gourmet was also happy to work with us on negotiating a price that was similar to our previous quote, which was hard to believe considering how much better they were.

As for the planning, Jamie and Becky were both hard working, friendly, and extremely helpful. Jamie remembered to cover things I wouldn't have even come up with. All in all, we were extremely satisfied.

Sent on 03/13/2015

ali · Married on 02/07/2015

Great experience. Becky was amazing and the food was delicious. If it wasn't for the help of Simply Gourmet i wouldnt have had such an amazing wedding. Highly remend!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Simply Gourmet was absolutely amazing. The food is fantastic and their service was great. Other than the food being perfect, they guided us every step of the way while deciding on what style of wedding we wanted to have. That included helping us with decisions on tables and table styles, chairs, linens and ideas for décor. The two owners are wonderful people who truly made our day perfect. I would recommend them to any couple who wants to be treated as part of the family and who want delicious food.

Sent on 01/15/2015

R · Married on 12/20/2014

Simply Gourmet did a great job catering my wedding. The tasting was fantastic and Jamie and her team even made sure I actually got to eat during the wedding itself! (They brought the served appetizers to our waiting room before the "grand entrance", I think my wedding party ate like 2 trays of the Shrimp Louie!) She also did a wonderful job working with all the vendors (got married in Florida, but I live in California) and recommended a DJ who ended up making the whole day flow. I would definitely use them again (and in fact think my parents already have for a non-wedding event). Great service, amazing food, and a level of professionalism that helped the day go off without a hitch.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Simply Gourmet Weddings's reply:

It was a delight to work with you! The Art's Center was a perfect location for your reception~surrounded by some beautiful paintings. Glad we were able to make memories together.