44 Reviews for Simply Events

Event Design (1)
Full Planning (1)
Referrals (1)
44 Simply Events Reviews

Laura is an absolutely incredible wedding planner. I highly recommend using her fully service planning if you can spring it. Her full service planning made wedding planning from Texas a breeze and was worth every last penny. From the moment we first spoke on the phone, I knew that I could trust her vision, method, and decision making. I felt more organized than I ever have, because Laura is very detail oriented and kept me on schedule. Since we planned our wedding from out of state, Laura was happy to stand in for me at various vendor calls and visits which allowed us to make the most of our planning trips to Ohio and enjoy the parts of the planning process for which we truly cared. Her vendor recommendations were spot on, and everyone at my wedding gushed about the photographer, catering, floral, band, and desserts. Second only to making my wedding dreams a beautiful reality, was her ability to keep us on budget throughout the whole process without feeling like we were giving up anything. My husband appreciated this, and he was also very impressed with how smoothly the wedding weekend flowed because of her attention to detail. I just received my sneek peak photos from the wedding, and I love seeing how happy everyone is, including my husband and myself, which I truly think is a reflection of how beautiful, fun and flawless the day was under Laura's care. I am truly going to miss her!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

I cannot say enough good things about Laura. I hired her for my daughters' wedding and she went way beyond my expectations. She had us all organized. All my vendors even raved about her organization skills. She answered all my questions in a timely manner prior to the wedding. Her staff was professional and very helpful on the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Graciela, 9/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura and her team were amazing. I'm a parent that wasn't used to such services but it was by far the best and most valuable vendor of all for our wedding experience. She allowed my family to enjoy the day and not worry about details
of the wedding events. I wanted to have lovely memories and not memories of chasing vendors. She got the job done!

Profile Picture Lois, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Laura and her team was the absolute BEST decision I made during the wedding planning process. Do not think twice about using Simply Events because they are simply the best and will assure that your day is more perfect than you could ever imagine! Laura is so organized, attentive, and extremely helpful. From start to finish Laura made herself available and was such a pleasure to work with. Laura goes above and beyond through the entire process. I had a couple small signs that needed to be made leading up to the day and she was so quick to offer and took that task right out of my hands. Not only did she take care of helping finish these details, they were executed more beautifully than anything I could have bought or done myself. Living in Chicago and planning a wedding in Cincinnati the calls Laura organized with each vendor gave me the peace of mind every bride needs. Laura asked each vendor questions that I had written down before I even had to mention them, and additional questions I never thought of that helped make sure the day went by flawlessly. She made sure she knew exactly what I wanted and more importantly made sure it was exactly what I dreamed of on the day of. She knows her stuff and truly makes sure the day is executed perfectly. I can’t stop raving about Simply Events and find myself constantly saying that the week leading up to my wedding was the least stressful week all year and that was all due to Laura and her team!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura and her team were absolutely amazing. We had an outside wedding event for 240 people in our back yard. The very first meeting she presented multiple packages for the Tent Rental, Food ideas/caterers, Bartenders and DJ's. The event was fabulous. I'm not sure if she controlled the weather, but it was a perfect 77 degrees on July 29th. We have had so many compliments from the event. My response has been hire Laura and her team and everything will be awesome. Laura and her team Rock!!!

Profile Picture Paul, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura is SO good at what she does! From start to finish, she was amazing and exceeded all of our expectations for a wedding planner. My husband and I had a small ceremony in North Carolina, and then had a huge outdoor reception back here in Cincinnati at a home residence. This means we had to select and bring in all of the vendors and make sure everything coordinated. Laura took on all of this responsibility and managed everything for us. Her expansive knowledge and expertise was crucial in choosing appropriate vendors and ordering appropriate items. She was quick to reach out to vendors on my behalf to get things taken care of. She was continuously confirming and reconfirming times/details/orders with all of the vendors to ensure that everything was in order. She worked hard to understand my "vision" and all my ideas for how I wanted everything to look and feel. She spent so much time creating decor boards, tent layouts, floral orders, and so much more to pull everything together. She came to every planning meeting with me and even came to my DIY session at FlowerMan! Laura also came out to the home residence several times -- for planning meetings, details meetings, tent delivery, chair/table delivery, etc. On the day of the event, she and her team arrived at the home residence very early to set everything up. She and her team were so professional and hard working throughout the entire day. They brought all of my visions to life. They also handled all of the vendors arriving and setting up. I would have been swarmed with questions, arrivals, and "to-do"s if Laura and her team hadn't been there to take care of everything. She handled any "hiccups" throughout the night without disturbing my family or my husband and I. I cannot say enough about how amazing Laura is! She is so professional, punctual, flexible, knowledgeable, experienced, hard working, responsive, and so much more! She went above and beyond and exceeded all of our expectations. Thank you, Simply Events!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My niece was recently married in Cincinnati. Laura, the wedding planner was unbelievable!! She had every detail of the rehearsal, wedding and reception down. She was always available for questions, and was NEVER rattled by anything. I highly recommend Laura to any engaged couple. She was absolutely incredible.

Profile Picture Fran, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura and her team treat you like its their own wedding day. It sounds totally cheesy, but truly if I could give Laura more stars here I would. She's a no-brainer addition to the wedding and worth every single penny. I especially appreciated her extreme attention to every single detail (especially the ones I totally forgot about), her educated opinions, and budget-friendly suggestions. I have and will continue to recommend her to every bride to be. My wedding was planned from afar (we live in Seattle, and were married in Cincinnati) -- so I KNOW that she can handle the long-distance brides as well! I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about my experience, if you would like more details.

Profile Picture Martha, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Simply Amazing! I hired Laura for the 2 month package, and she was my lifeline throughout the entire process. Her expansive wedding knowledge and impressive attention to detail made the whole process so easy and smooth. She went above and beyond to make sure every little aspect of the wedding was taken care of and took all of the stress off of me. Her and her team on the day of executed everything to PERFECTION. Last minute, we decided to make our ceremony outdoors, and Laura and her team got straight to work and the ceremony turned out flawless. I couldn't have imagined doing all of this without Laura- she was a joy to work with and really made our wedding day one to remember!!

Profile Picture Helen, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura is an excellent wedding coordinator and was great to work with!! At first my husband didn’t understand why we needed a “day of coordinator” but after the wedding he said it was the best vendor decision we made. Laura was helpful every step of the way and expertly walked the fine line of keeping everyone on schedule without being overbearing or ruining the fun.

All of our vendors said she was easy to work with and she was able to offer us great advice regarding what works well: not only in general, but on a personalized level with our chosen venues, bands, photographers, guest list, etc. She really helped us plan our big day and make our dream wedding come true – we would highly recommend her to any engaged couple!!

Profile Picture Jenn, 1/21/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring the Simply Events staff was the best money we spent for our wedding day!! I got to truly ENJOY my wedding day, because I knew Simply Events had everything covered. From the decorations to vendor coordination, they truly handled it all...and made our whole wedding day a breeze!!

Profile Picture Anne, 11/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Adam and I were pleased beyond our expectations with our decision to selected Simply Event’s Simply the Royal Treatment package for our October 2016 wedding. Planning a Cincinnati Wedding from Texas seemed overwhelming before we met Laura. Now, I could not imagine doing it without her expertise and congenial manner. During our wedding planner search, Laura was easily accessible via phone, email or text message (and continued to be so throughout the planning process), her packages were concise and straight forward as well as reasonably priced. Laura’s knowledge of the industry was vital in helping us find and select vendors in our price range and who met our wedding day vision. Laura’s excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as professionalism, attention to detail and design abilities made our dream day possible and stress free. Laura and her team took care of all the Day-Of details allowing Adam and me as well as our families to relax and enjoy the celebration. Thank-you to Laura and the Simply Events team, our wedding day was better than we could have imagined.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding day! All because of Laura, she helped with everything, I had no idea what planning a wedding was really about.. without her we would have been so lost! She did everything to insure us it would be the best day of our lives! It was a stress free day, and she made sure of it! I would recommend her to anyone that is getting married! It was a beautiful day, and Laura was on top of it all! Thank you so much again Laura!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura from Simply Events was amazing! Our wedding was seamless and there is no way we could have done it without her. We had a venue that required bringing everything in, and Laura did a flawless job of organizing and coordinating all of them. We had only hired Laura for the 'day-of' package, but she went above and beyond the call of duty contacting vendors weeks before the event taking a lot of stress out of the time leading up to the wedding. She made sure all loose ends were tied. Also, even though the bar tending company showed up with one less bartender than originally promised, Laura and her team stepped up to help bus drinks themselves. I would absolutely recommend Laura for your wedding!

Profile Picture Alisha, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura is truly truly the best! We were looking for someone affordable who knew what they were doing to help us out on the day of our wedding, and Laura went well above expectations. She handled EVERYTHING the week of our wedding, making it stress free for all of us. She coordinated with vendors for me during the week and day of - I was not worried for a second about how things would go. On the day of, she handled the set up our ceremony flawlessly and the transition into our reception with ease. Everything looked even more put together and beautiful than I could have imagined. Laura herself is a joy to work with. She is meticulous with details, has a wonderful sense of humor, and really focuses on making your day perfect. I would highly highly recommend.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura and her team at Simply Events were amazing. I live in NYC but was planning a wedding in Ohio and knew that I would need help in executing this wedding. After one meeting with Laura, I immediately felt at ease. She knew all the questions to ask and she was right there for all of the meeting with the vendors leading up to the wedding as well as being available 24/7 for me the week leading up to the wedding. The day of, we were blessed with a storm a few hours before our outdoor event. Not only did Laura and her team stay cool and calm, they were able to coordinate with my vendors of the delay as well as all my guests at the hotel on top of cleaning and resetting for the ceremony and reception with just a few hours. She was beyond amazing and I would not hesitate to recc. her to anyone looking for a professional wedding coordinator. Top notch!
Thanks Laura for making my wedding so specia

Profile Picture dani , 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Planning a wedding is HARD and I truly can't thank Laura and Simply Events for making the entire process and day-of such an enjoyable and memorable experience from start to finish. I'll admit that I was incredibly overwhelmed at the start of the planning process and felt an immediate sense of relief when I found Laura. From our first phone conversation I could tell that Laura was not only personable, but also very organized, proactive and committed to making our day the best it could be. I also found the Simply Events packages to be reasonably priced AND easy-to-understand, which was not the case with the other coordinators I had met with previously. Fast forward to our wedding day and I don't know how we would have done it without Laura and Danielle. They were on top of EVERY detail and made it easy for me to relax and enjoy every moment, instead of worrying about everything happening behind-the-scenes. I remember my bridesmaids asking me how I was so calm...and I know this would not have been the case without Laura and Danielle there to field questions, help with set-up and manage the flurry of vendors coming in and out throughout the day. I would highly recommend their services and can't thank them enough for playing such a huge role in our wedding day.

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/9/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

We hired Laura to help us with the day of planning and it went excellent! We met with her and our vendors a few months before the wedding to go over last minute details and i was able to call, text, or email any time i had questions and she was able to promptly get back with me on an answer. Her insight in wedding planning was extremely helpful and showed how professional she carried herself. I would highly recommend Laura and Simply Events!

Profile Picture Joy, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I recently used Simply Events and worked with Laura and Kelly for day-of coordinating services. I live in Chicago and the wedding was in Cincinnati so I only had a chance to meet with Laura and Kelly once. After that, all of our communication was done via phone and email. At first, this made me nervous, but I was blown away by their responsiveness! Every single detail was taken care of before I even knew it needed to be taken care of. And even when I sent repeated emails asking for minor changes to the timeline, they gladly obliged and put all of my stress on their shoulders. I am not a relaxed, stress-free kind of person. I am a type-A worrier and I can say with 100% confidence that I went into my wedding without a care in the world. I can not adequately describe how wonderful it was to sit back and just enjoy the wedding day--even though it poured down rain! I am so happy with how our wedding day turned out and I can confidently say that Simply Events played a crucial role. I HIGHLY recommend!!

Profile Picture Kendall, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Laura provided calm expertise and made certain that the bride( and her mother!) relaxed and were able to enjoy every minute of the wedding day, , Laura went above and beyond to assure the entire process was accurately orchestrated . LAura attended. meetings with vendors and then took over when we requested her assistance. The weeks before the wedding can be so chaotic, but not for us. Vendors were confirmed, timelines were submitted , and we simply enjoyed our time as a family with little stress.

Laura had fabulous suggestions regarding getting the most for our investment. I feel Laura saved us so much money- she more than recouped her modest fee.

Thank you Laura and your extremely competent staff. I will call you for the next wedding for certain.

Nancy.. MOB November 2015

Profile Picture Nancy, 11/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura at simply events was second to none. The professionalism was superior. Her response to phone calls, emails, and texts were quick. Laura was always on tme for meetings with vendors. I can't say enough about her and her team. I have another daughter and two sons, wouldn't take a look at another planner. I highly recommend Simply Events.

Profile Picture Teresa, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

WOW! Laura (the owner of the company) is an amazing event planner. Laura is a busy woman who has several different events she is planning. Every time I met with Laura to plan my wedding she was always focused on me. She made me feel like I was the only one and she had no other events to plan. She responded to emails, texts, and phone calls in a very timely manor. She is very professional and will go over and beyond to make sure your wedding goes smoothly and is everything you have dreamed off. If I could do it all over again I would book Simply Events in a heart beat. She is also very reasonably priced.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura did an AMAZING job as our day-of co-ordinator. Having a day-of coordinator is definitely worth the value, and I would recommend Laura to everyone. Not only did she help make sure the vendors were in the right place at the right time, but she saved the day with a sewing job when my maid of honors shoe strap broke. Most importantly, she made it so easy for us all to relax on the day, especially my mom who would have otherwise been the one running around. Would give six stars if I could!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I set out to plan my entire wedding by myself in six months, and a little over a month in, discovered the miracle of Simply Events' day-of coordination services. I hadn't even been aware of the option to hire a day-of coordinator before this experience, and now I recommend it to everyone. Catie from Simply Events provided exactly the type of support and assistance I needed so that my family and I could relax and totally enjoy the wedding day. And, her insight into a lot of the details helped us make decisions prior to the wedding that paid off big time on the big day. Catie and her team were professional, while also being warm and lovely to have around.
Simply Events has a great menu of services with a wide budget range, which also really helps couples with modest budgets pick and choose services for the type of help they need to the most. I never expected to hire any kind of planner or coordinator and had a below-average wedding budget but now my husband and I cannot even imagine pulling off the biggest party of our lives without Simply Events.

Profile Picture User5011868, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough positive things about Catie & her team. I did all my wedding planning myself, but used Catie & Kelly to help as day of coordinators. I am SO glad that I did. All the little details that catch up to you as the wedding approaches were all taken care of by this awesome duo! It was such a relief to know that Catie had double and triple checked with all our vendors to see when they would be arriving and setting up. It may seem like a small task, but you have more wedding vendors than you realize and having one less thing to do in the days/weeks approaching the wedding is crucial. Catie also beautifully organized a timeline for the day of the wedding. I am incredibly Type A and love to have visual notes on things. The timeline was so incredibly detailed & kept me as ease all day knowing things had a flow to them. The reception went smoothly and Catie managed any hiccups in the timeline with great ease! We booked the 8 hour package to lessen the cost. Catie joined us at the church 30 min before the ceremony started and stayed with us until nearly the end of the reception. Just knowing that she and Kelly were there during the day to take care of things truly allowed me to be the bride and enjoy the day to the fullest extent! I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for affordable day of coordinating!

Profile Picture User4580391, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews