Simply Elegant Occasions Reviews

11 | Portland, OR

11 Reviews for Simply Elegant Occasions

Sara · Married on 09/25/2016

Angela and her team did the most incredible job for our big day! We purchased the month-of coordination package and Angela was with us every step of the way. Her design assistance, especially with last minute details, made sure everything came together beautifully! She was always easy to get ahold of, extremely communicative, and made us feel completely at ease knowing everything was being handled. Many of our friends and family raved about how wonderfully organized everything was and how smoothly the day went. I knew very early on in the process that she was the best money we spent on the wedding. What I didn't know if how much my now husband would also appreciate everything she did for us. He is still raving about what an outstanding job she did and I couldn't agree more!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Allison · Married on 09/10/2016

Angela and her team helped make our wedding day so she free and perfect. I recieved so many comments from people about they had never seen a wedding that was so fun and beautiful and that stayed on schedule without feeling rushed. Her planning help leading up to the wedding was critical to making sure were prepared and then her assistance day of ensured I didn't have a care in the world as the new bride.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Billy · Married on 07/30/2016

Angela was a pleasure to work with and made our wedding run smoothly. She kept us on task beforehand which was very helpful in light of our busy schedules before the wedding. She went above and beyond with addressing any issues that arose the day of our wedding. It was a huge relief knowing that she was there for us and making sure everything went perfectly. Her professionalism and experience really allowed us to relax, enjoy the day and focus on the celebration rather than the logistics. She is very attentive and has an eye for detail. We're so grateful we found her and were able to have her help us on such a special occasion.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Tain & Betsy · Married on 11/15/2014

Angela was probably the best money we spent on our wedding--we truly can't say enough about how she contributed to making our day absolutely perfect. Admittedly, I was really hesitant to hire a wedding planner because I am super "Type A," and I didn't think any wedding planner could do a good enough job... Angela proved me wrong! She made our day so stress-free and so perfect, it was the best money we've ever spent. She was on top of things, she was attentive, and we could count on her to just make things happen, no matter how ridiculous the request. If you're in the market for a wedding planner, Angela is your girl!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sophia · Married on 08/09/2014

Angela was absolutely amazing throughout our wedding planning process. We opted for a custom package since there were parts of the wedding that we already had ideas about. However, Angela offered her help for anything and everything.

She checked in with us at least once a month during the early stages of planning, and then at least twice a month as the date approached, When we were 2-3 weeks out, we were in constant contact, and I truly felt like she was on top of all of our needs and concerns.

I think that her greatest value was the day of. While she was busy behind the scenes, setting up our reception venue (which included multiple rooms, not just the banquet room), she would also run upstairs to check on me throughout the morning. She’d ask me, “What do you need right now?” As a bride, I felt so taken care of. Even though I have my bridesmaids, it was so comforting to know that someone has my back and has a goal to make this day special for us. Since our ceremony and reception venues were two different (and not very close in distance) locations, she drove back and forth and handled everything seamlessly. I would highly recommend Angela as a wedding coordinator. Our wedding was so beautiful and after looking at some of our photos, I can’t help but think that I couldn’t have done it without her.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Steve&Cindy · Married on 08/03/2013

All we hoped for, and then some!
    If you want a great wedding, it takes more than having a spectacular site and getting top vendors on your team. A terrific coordinator will bring out the best in all of that, plus manage the intricate details which, done right, make the whole day seamless and sharp. Angela Orr and Simply Elegant Occasions excelled at every aspect of the planning and the execution of our plan! She did well at staying true to the desires of the bride and groom, while accommodating every worthy creative impulse of the parents (that’s us), and filling in all the pieces we would have either over-looked, fallen behind on, or mishandled. This was especially important since we held the ceremony and reception on private property that was not accustomed to the staging of a wedding.
    On event weekend Angela took charge of accepting deliveries, orchestrating the set-up, and pacing us through the rehearsal, all with grace. Then, along with her assistant, she was our eyes and ears throughout the actual event so that we could focus 100% on our guests, our families, and our daughter. They took care of everything with smiles and unwavering energy, and deserve our gratitude for elevating the occasion to something truly memorable for all 200 attendees. Several of the vendors and professional service providers were impressed and appreciative as well. She has definitely earned our highest recommendation!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Steven · Married on 06/29/2013

My wife and I were married on June 29, 2013. Thankfully, we were introduced to Angela Orr through one of our vendors. I really don't know what we would have done without her! From day one she was very thorough in her help with our wedding planning. She was instrumental in organizing and prioritizing the many things that need to come together to pull off an incredible wedding. She took a daunting list of things to do and neatly arranged it into a step-by-step template of what needed to happen.

It's hard to imagine how much time and effort goes into coordinating the "Special Day". Angela was extremely professional and organized, thinking through many details that my wife and I hadn't even considered. Angela acted as the "quarterback" for our wedding- every vendor, contract, detail, etc. was funneled through her. Having Angela as part of our wedding greatly improved the entire event. She alleviated much of the stress and worries that come with planning such a large and important event. I can't thank her enough for the work she did on our wedding, and will not hesitate to recommend her to friends and family that are planning their special event. Thank you Angela!

-Steven & Vasiliki Estes-

Sent on 07/15/2013

AMY · Married on 10/13/2012

Angela is a great co-ordinator. She is well organized and has great, original ideas. She is always very calm and you can't help but feel like everything is going to be okay in her hands. She also deals with the family dynamics of a wedding very well.

Sent on 03/06/2013

Adriana · Married on 09/15/2012

I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it was to have Angela as our wedding day-of coordinator! Even though Angela was our day-of coordinator, she made herself available for the entire planning process and gave us her cell in case we needed to get a hold of her for ANY reason. She would even check in on us if she hadn't heard from us in a while to make sure the planning was going well. Once we hired Angela she became the contact for all of our vendors so we weren't getting flooded with emails and phone calls, we only had to hear from her :) She came out to our wedding venue (which was on a family friends property) multiple times to help us get the vision and figure out where everything could be placed and how everything was going to flow.

On our wedding day Angela was there to not only keep me from stressing out, but my mom as well! I didn't even know about any of the "issues" that happened during the day because Angela did such a great job of finding them out first, putting out the fires, and making decisions on the fly. She knew exactly where everyone (from bridesmaids to DJ) was supposed to be and what they were supposed to be doing. She had made up a timeline for us prior to the wedding so she was able to keep everyone on schedule the whole day.

No joke, when my husband and I drove off the first thing he said was "Angela is the best!" This was in response to the amazing day that she helped make come together, but also to the box of desserts that she had prepared for us and put in our car. (We had a dessert buffet and, of course, didn't get to try any of them!)

Angela is wonderful, kind, professional, and obviously PASSIONATE about what she does! If you are looking to hire a wedding coordinator, you can stop your search now because Angela is the best! She was so fantastic as our day-of coordinator, I can only imagine how great it would have been to have her helping from the very beginning!

Sent on 02/26/2013

Teresa · Married on 08/26/2011

I absolutely loved having Angela as my wedding planner. She made me feel like my wedding was the most important event ever. No matter how little the detail or question, Angela was on top of it and always put my mind at ease. I am a control freak and I felt completely at ease having Angela take over the planning process, she lifted a boulder of worry and stress off my shoulders. My wedding was the most beautiful and romantic and amazing thing because of all the work Angela did for us. I would use her again in a heart beat.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Ana · Married on 09/07/2013

3.5

It was a real help to have Angela guide us through our wedding journey. When we started planning our wedding we knew we were on a super tight budget. I wanted a day of planner -we were from LA and I had seen many day of packages, somebody would come in and run the show. Angela offered us this and more, though it was more than we wanted to pay. We signed up for the month of package.

She came in a couple of weeks before (but also checked in a couple of times a month and went out of her way 2-3 months before the wedding to go to our rental company and spend her entire day checking prices for us), she became our laison with a few vendors well before her contract stated her to do so, ran our rehearsal, and our wedding. She also stayed with her assistant and helped clean up. We still had some clean up to do the next morning, mostly setting up things for the rental company to pick up -but because Angela helped so much the night before our clean up took less than two hours.

It was worth every penny. I'm really happy that we made the decision to sign up with her. She also gave us several great referrals along the way that helped make our wedding day complete. If it's in your budget do it and if it's not cut somewhere else.

Sent on 10/06/2013