Simply Devine Catering Reviews

17 Reviews for Simply Devine Catering

17 Simply Devine Catering Reviews
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 04/29/2018

They were great, the food was amazing and Peter and Janet are the best. We had a great experience. They even helped us find a missing item. I would highly recommend .

Heather · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved the Devines! We did a thorough research project on all of the MA South Coast / RI options that could handle a 250-person wedding (from Easy Entertaining, which was our #2, to Glorious Affairs and about 5 others). Peter and Janet Devine had two things that stood out. #1, their food was just THE BEST TASTING. And in the end, that's what matters. They nailed the actual entrees, which so many caterers couldn't (apps were better than main courses). We wanted family style, and ended up selecting every single last part of our menu and they were 100% accomodating. We also wanted to experiment with shrimp & grits, which they'd never done before, but we gave them a favorite recipe and they hit it out of the park. The catering staff they provided was also awesome, including a wonderful personal waiter for us as the bride and groom. They were also just a friendly, down-home, mom&pop couple with total professionalism. I couldn't recommend them higher.

Lauren · Married on 09/10/2016

Simply Devine was recommended by a coworker who has used them for 3 weddings in her family. Another coworker used them last year as well. They did a phenomenal job for our wedding 09/10/2016! Janet was our day of coordinator and everything went so smoothly and perfectly. From the start, she was so excited to get started and wanted to know details. Everything looked amazing. She truly understands what you want and knows what she is doing. She even brought over some passed hors d'oeuvres while we were taking photos and took our drink order. Every time a guest went to grab me a drink, the bartenders knew my special drink order even when I didn't tell my guests. Also, the food was amazing! To be honest, I did not expect great. Cooking for 170 people just seems impossible to make the food great, yet, it was! We had salmon and beef tenderloin and both were cooked to perfection. Our guests raved about the food as well. We cannot thank them enough for giving us such a beautiful and care-free reception. SO incredibly happy with our wedding. We highly recommend them for your wedding and for any other event for that matter!

Cassie · Married on 01/01/2016

Such impeccable food! Such incredible service! I absolutely loved the food...especially the dessert. I recommend to all!

Sara · Married on 09/19/2015

Simply Devine is just that - simply divine. Their service and professionalism are second to none. They are entirely accommodating (catered to our vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free guests) and an absolute joy to be around. Alterations and substitutions were not an issue at all - Janet offered to change whatever wasn't just right. Janet is honest and helpful with what we needed and what wasn't necessary - not simply trying to push extras. Throughout the entire process we felt entirely comfortable working with Janet and trusted them with all the finishing touches. She made me feel completely confident that the Big Day would run without a hitch and IT DID! Every little detail was thought out. Simply Devine is one of Glen Manor's selected vendors which allowed for an amazingly calm and organized process - which is amazing when there are so many other stresses during the wedding process. We recommend Simply Devine catering with no reservation - book them now!!!!!

Ashley · Married on 08/14/2015

Simply Devine did such an amazing job catering our wedding! They exceeded our expectations in every way. The presentation was impeccable and the food was absolutely delicious; we had so many guests comment on how wonderful their meals were. Simply also set up all of our table centerpieces, etc.- everything looked so incredible when we walked in for the first time that my jaw literally dropped! Initially we had done a food tasting with another vendor in the area but we weren't super impressed so decided to do one more tasting (this time, with Simply Devine)- I am so glad we did! The difference in quality was like night and day! Also, I feel like it is worth noting that they are competitively priced (in comparison with other food vendors), which can be equally important when you're paying for a wedding. Janet was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process; she was very responsive and accommodating with our requests. I highly recommend Simply Devine!

Sarah · Married on 08/01/2015

I cannot express how grateful my husband and I are to have found Janet + Peter Devine for our wedding. We live in the area, were getting married in the area, and we wanted to support a local caterer. We went into our initial meeting with them unsure about the entire catering process. We left knowing 100% that we wouldn't need to look anywhere else.

They were so fun and relaxed. Exactly what we needed. I loved that our wedding was seen as a unique event that they would create a special menu for, rather than a big corporate caterer that replicates over and over.

We had passed appetizers for our cocktail hour, followed by salad and several buffet stations for dinner. It was an awesome vibe.

I'm a vegetarian and my husband is a die-hard Rhode Islander. The Devines were so accommodating to my diet and made some great dishes to choose from. My husband had some funny Rhode Island menu items in his head (like mini hot wieners), and Peter was up for the challenge. They were a HUGE hit at our wedding. People still talk about the food today. They even accommodated for a family member with Celiac Disease last minute.

Janet helped organize everything (including the day's run of show!) from start to finish. She's such a friendly and helpful person, and she always had new and great ideas to share.

The actual wedding day was beautiful, and the Devine's entire catering team was a huge factor in that. Someone in my family had an unfortunate medical emergency the night before the wedding and was unable to attend (very stressful and upsetting), and Janet went above and beyond to help ease it all. I couldn't be more thankful.

We've already recommended Peter and Janet to some friends who have since gotten engaged, and I can't wait to use their catering services again for future parties.

They're also, overall, just such wonderful individuals that make you feel like you've known them forever. We are very lucky to have found them. They now feel like friends.

Kathy · Married on 07/18/2015

When my daughter decided that she would like her wedding at our summer home on Hog Island in Bristol RI, I knew that we were going to face many challenges having a large event on an island. We were a little concerned that we could even find a caterer that would be willing to travel by boat and provide what we wanted with no electricity! We were delighted to meet Peter and Janet. They never batted an eye but instead were excited by the challenges and helped guide us with brilliant suggestions that led to a menu that was more than we hoped for. You would never have known that their kitchen was outdoors and that they had transported every piece of food from the mainland. Adding to the exceptional meal was the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. Peter and Janet were attentive to our needs and our budget all along the way. I would highly recommend Simply Events for any occasion....they catered my daughter's baby shower too and I hope to have the opportunity to work with them again soon...Kathy MacMillan

Kathleen · Married on 11/02/2012

I had the pleasure of having Janet & Peter Devine at Simply Devine cater all three of my daughter's weddings. Each wedding had a completely different menu in three completely different seasons. Janet and Peter were extremely helpful during all phases of menu planning as well as being an amazing resource for all parts of the reception. Many of our friends and colleagues have used Simply Devine since our weddings. The food and bar packages are fairly priced with an almost unlimited option for food and alcohol. We were able to design exactly the experience each bride wanted. Janet was very helpful in table design as well. We couldn't ask for better guidance up to and during the reception.

As far as during the reception, as the mother of the bride, Janet ensured that my preferences were followed through with. The bridal party was well taken care of. The bride and groom were especially catered to. At the close of the wedding, Janet packed the newlyweds up with a delicious basket of food for their honeymoon.

As far as the food quality, it was outstanding. The food was hot, plentiful, arranged beautifully and cooked to perfection. All of waitstaff was helpful and professional. The guests never felt rushed and cocktails were not taken when guests went to dance. All of our guests felt pampered. At one point one of our guests mentioned that this was the first time they had ever had beef at a wedding that was cooked correctly!

At the end of the meal Janet does an amazing job with desserts. Whether it is a formal wedding cake, Italian pasteries, cookies, etc. Janet's desserts are outstanding.

In closing, I cannot say enough about the quality of the experience you will have with Janet and Peter Devine. They are after all "Simply Devine"

Malissa · Married on 08/18/2012

We worked with Janet of Simply Devine Catering to craft an entirely custom menu for our wedding in August. Having a home wedding in Barrington, we really wanted to focus on southern comfort food, but in an elegant setting. But, being in RI meant our options were limited. Janet completely amazed us and our guests--even my stickler southern side!---with the quality and depth of the menu she provided. She listened to our desires for food items and made them happen, even though they weren't typically offered. The food was delicious, and I'll come right out and say it: a MUCH better value than other caterers out there.

Janet has incredibly attentive and friendly staff. They all were charming, friendly without being pushy, and really kept the flow. They worked well with our guests and even took a few turns on the dance floor. We also received personal attention as bride and groom from a staff member dedicated to us! Now, that is what I call amazing. We were lucky to have Janet on our team and suggest you do the same for your event!

• Jennafer

Jennafer · Married on 09/24/2011

Peter and Janet were BEYOND wonderful!! The food was fantastic, the raw bar was presented so beautifully in a wooden boat with fresh seaweed. We had a rather large wedding and they handled it so well. We recommended their services to our friend that is getting married next year, and cannot wait to see them again!

Jessica · Married on 08/28/2009

I had a fabulous experience with Simply Devine. The owners are amazing people and are there to help you every step of the way. I used them for my bridal shower as well as my wedding which they gave me a discount on for doing both events. Their food is fantastic. I only wish they had a restaurant so that I could eat the food more often! Janet is very professional and has great ideas. At my shower it was raining off and on and she was very quick to make a decision about how to set up the food which worked out well for all of my guests. My guests still compliment about the food especially the presentation of the dessert.

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2008

Simply Devine was absolutely amazing. The food was amazing and the staff was super attentive. I could not have asked for a better caterer!

m · Married on 05/27/2018

I was nervous finding a caterer online, but after our first tasting and meeting Peter and Janet, I knew they were a group we could count on, not to mention their delicious food!

Fast forward to a few weeks before the wedding and Janet and i were discussing all the details from set-up responsibilities and making sure I hadn't forgotten anything. We even met at the venue and did a walk through together, which really made me confident that I could rely on them.

The day of was nothing different. A lot of things didn't go as planned, but I knew Simply Devine was something I didn't have to worry about, they were very professional showing up on time and serving the most lovely dinner without anyone having to worry about a thing! I cannot recommend them enough to any bride out there!

Erin · Married on 05/25/2018

Simply Devine catered our wedding at Linden Place. Our experience from the initial meeting to the very end of the reception was excellent. Both Peter and Janet are talented, professional, and responsive. We had millions of questions and requests and they were gracious, patient, and happy to do whatever it took to make our wedding memorable. They were also very accommodating to work with in creating an appropriate menu and bar offering for the make-up of our guest list. Janet also helped coordinate the day of timeline and made sure everything ran seamlessly. She worked with our florist, the venue, the DJ and the serving staff, which was instrumental in making the day go as smoothly as possible. We did pass hor d’oeuvres during cocktail hour, a buffet style dinner, and a dessert bar and the food was absolutely perfect and the presentation was beautiful. Our guests raved the whole night about how great the food and dessert offerings were. We are big foodies so it was important that the food be top notch, which it was and then some. We could not recommend Simply Devine more highly.

Jess · Married on 07/18/2009

I went to this vendor as I knew a few of the waitstaff. Janet and Peter were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. Janet made our cake and we also had a sundae bar . The food was great and there were no problems. My only complaint is that the lady they left to be in charge that night was very unfriendly...she said nothing to me at all the entire night, nor did she even introduce herself to me until we were about to cut the cake. At the end of the night my parents were standing with me and then she was all kissy kissy (probably thinking my parents were footing the bill and she wanted the tip money). She just appeared to be a miserable person but the rest of the staff was great.

simone · Married on 08/02/2008

2.5

They put on a gorgeous wedding. but they were tough to deal with and i did have some problems prior to the wedding.