Simply Delicious Custom Cakes Reviews

6 | Austin, TX

6 Reviews for Simply Delicious Custom Cakes

Megan · Married on 11/10/2018

Delicious!

Candace was a dream to work with. She listened to what we were looking for and how did our expectations. Her cake flavors are unique, not too sweet, and were exactly what we wanted. Everyone loved the cake, we actually ran out of most of it (which is rare for a wedding cake). Can’t recommend her enough. I would use her over and over again for any cake needs.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Debbie · Married on 12/01/2017

We chose Candace to do our daughters wedding cake in addition to 150 tiny pies and a "Texas Tech" shaped pecan pie. She was recommended by an acquaintance that is a wedding coordinator. We went to a tasting and were sold! The cake Candace made for the wedding was delicious and beautiful. The pies were also a big hit and tasted awesome. Everybody at the wedding said the cake and pies were absolutely delicious.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Virginia · Married on 04/22/2017

We loved working with Candace. We met with her for a tasting and that was it! Her cakes are so delicious, we ended up doing a couple cakes all various flavors. She was also great to brainstorm with on the aesthetic and offered a ton of ideas. The end result was perfect and she provided exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Dana · Married on 09/23/2016

Simply Delicious was exactly that, simply delicious! From the moment of the cake tasting, to the beautiful cake being delivered, to the quickly consumed wedding and groom cakes, everything went smoothly! Candace is a delight to work with and she has PERFECTED her cakes! They were moist, full of flavor, and beautifully decorated. She even helped calculate how large of a cake we needed for the projected guest number. She nailed it-we only had about 7 slices left and I ate one each day after the wedding. The last piece was as moist and delicious as the first. My daughter and I chose the lemon with fresh raspberry compote with semi-naked icing for their wedding cake-5 perfect layers! The groom's cake was a chocolate bourbon with "Saw 'em off" in cocoa powder. Not one bite was left of it! Candace carefully delivered them to The Springs out of New Braunfels in perfect condition and used the greenery left by the florist to artfully complete the simple but elegant look my daughter wanted. Thank you Candace!! I will gladly recommend you and your cakes for any special occasion in the area!
    Sincerely,
    Prissy Lueckenhoff
    Spring, Tx

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • MoMo1125

Maureen · Married on 04/01/2016

Candace was wonderful to work with for our small cake for our intimate wedding of 10. While some other vendors weren't very interested in a small project, Candace was immediately very friendly and responsive in helping to create our perfect cake. Over phone, email, and at our tasting, she helped us to determine an appropriate size and style. Her cake is really amazing -- moist, great flavor, lots of options, and the Swiss buttercream frosting is incredible. She did a beautiful job placing flowers on the cake with our topper and it tasted even better than it looked. Candace is a great vendor who provides personal and delicious service.

Sent on 04/14/2016

Tracy · Married on 12/19/2015

Candace does an AMAZING job!!! Not only does she bake delicious and beautiful cakes, she is also friendly and pleasant to work with! We ordered a 4-tiered cake with each tier as a different flavor (red velvet, tuxedo, carrot, and italian cream). All of our guests raved about how delicious the cake was, and they all had different tiers! I personally appreciated Candace's extra care and initiative when I saw her putting the final touches on the cake that morning at the wedding. She told me the flowers the florist left her were less than desirable, and she just used what she could and some of her own flowers she brought to decorate the cake so it would look pretty! She did a fantastic job and the cake looked beautiful! Thank you, Candace for going the extra mile to make sure your creation (and my special cake) looked gorgeous on my big day! We could not be any happier with your results and I highly, highly recommend her as your cake baker! :)

Sent on 01/12/2016