Simply Created Events Reviews

Simply Created Events 5
Simply Created Events 6
Simply Created Events 7

Katherine · Married on 05/14/2011

Aubrey was amazing! I can not imagine what my wedding would have been like without her. I am so detail oriented and was worried that I would not be able to relax the day of the wedding but Aubrey took the reins and did everything for me exactly like I wanted (sometimes even better!). I didnt think it would be possible because I had planned everything myself and there were so many moving pieces but without very much explanation at all she just did everything I wanted done and more. She understood what was important and made sure everything worked like clockwork but without ever being noticed...honestly the woman is amazing. And she has a great personality and is just wonderful to work with. I recommend Simply Created Events so highly and cannot express in words how important she was to me and my wedding!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Afua · Married on 04/09/2011

Simply Created Events did a wonderful job! They were prompt for all of the meetings leading up to the wedding. She offered a lot of guidance and support and on the wedding day, I didn't have to worry about anything. I would definitely recommend them for your wedding.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Natalie · Married on 01/15/2011

We had a really wonderful, stress-free wedding day, and Aubrey was BY FAR the biggest reason for it. We knew what we wanted in a wedding (a big party), but we wanted to approach it in a relaxed way. To be honest, the only reason we even looked into a wedding planner is because my mother-in-law was not as confident in our methods, and I have to say that I am SO HAPPY we found Aubrey (recommended by our venue, Hyatt Baltimore Inner Harbor). She did a great job staying in contact with all of our vendors throughout the process, she helped us identify quality vendors within our budget, and on the actual day, she and her assistant (mother) were amazing. Plus her prices were incredibly reasonable. In fact, multiple times during the process, my husband and I would talk about how we felt like she deserved so much more! Two examples: A couple of days before the ceremony, we realized that theknot.com had messed up our orders for the wedding favors/placeholders (glass apothecary jars instead of frames), and she somehow managed to make me believe that it would all be ok. And, it WAS! With her guidance we got theknot to overnight the correct supplies to the hotel, and she somehow managed to put them all together, the day of, without breaking a sweat. I never even saw it happening, I just saw the perfect results. And finally... my brother came up to me at the end of the reception and told me what a great job Aubrey had done. Apparently, right before the ceremony, my niece started fussing, and since my parents, brother, and sister-in law were all in the wedding, he basically just thrust the screaming baby into her arms. Aubrey said "no problem" and took her, calming her down. (I did wonder why Aubrey was holding the baby when I walked into the church, but everyone seemed so calm and happy that I had no idea there had been anything wrong.) Aubrey is awesome.

Sent on 05/27/2011
  • Z

Danielle · Married on 10/30/2010

Aubrey was a delight to work with. She made my wedding day a perfect day. She helped out in anyway possible and went above and behind what was asked of her for before the wedding and on the weekend of the wedding. Any problems I encountered with other vendors she took care of right away. I don't know what I would have done without her help. I would highly reccomend Aubrey as a wedding planner:)

Sent on 11/08/2010

Renee · Married on 10/23/2010

If Steve and I could give Aubrey 20/5 stars, we would. She is the reason our wedding was the success that it was. She was able to deal with my crazy planning and Steve's need to check and confirm everything 100 times.

On wedding day, Aubrey was on top of everything. We never had to ask about timing, where we should be, etc. - she took care of everything. One of the groomsmen needed help with his boutonniere and wandered about, asking, "Where is Aubrey? I know she can help!"

Sent on 11/08/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/16/2010

Aubrey was one of the best decisions I made about our wedding. We met her randomly at a bridal show when I didn't think we would have the budget to get a day of coordinator that would live up to our expectations. We got to talking about our jobs and she and I have a similar event planning background so I felt comfortable trusting her with our day. I could really gush for pages about all that Aubrey did for us the week leading up to the wedding. Each time I panicked, Aubrey was there to help. One of our vendors was running really late to deliver something before the ceremony and by the time I noticed it, she was already on top of it and even knew the exact street the driver was on at the time, she was tracking it so closely. She did everything with such ease I never saw her sweat once. I was a bit ill during the reception and Aubrey and her partner checked in with me often which I really appreciated because I didn't want anyone to know that I wasn't feeling my best. They both really put in so much effort and care that I felt like they were my own family members making sure we had the best day of our lives. Aubrey's services are a great value, but her talents are worth so much more than what she charges. Hire her...you will not regret it.

Sent on 11/12/2010
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 10/10/2010

Aubrey was fantastic to work with on so many different levels. After doing the vast majority of the planning and preparation ourselves, we were more than happy to have someone we trusted take on the challenge of coordinating all our carefully crafted plans and making sure things went smoothly on the biggest weekend of our lives. From pre-rehearsal preparations all the way through the last dance, she made us feel completely comfortable even though we didn’t give her a whole lot of detail to work with until pretty much the last minute.

Working from a blank slate in a public park she was able to take on the set up and break down of our ceremony area, managing musicians, rentals, florals, other décor elements we provided, as well as some early bird guests. She also coordinated set up and clean up for the reception, taking an established restaurant space which had its own décor and atmosphere and really personalizing it, making it our own for the evening. She followed through with the restaurant and other vendors, making sure all of our plans were executed according to our wishes.

Aubrey made sure items from the ceremony made it to the reception in time to be reused there, reducing the amount we had to spend on décor/flowers, and that all of our gifts and other important items were delivered safely to our room at the end of the night. She was both efficient and resourceful, recruiting appropriate helpers when she needed them and insisting that we don’t lift a finger to help. She even ‘discreetly’ but decisively removed some wedding crashers who apparently knew a good party when they saw one!

She really took the reins that day and always looked cool and in control. Maybe most impressively of all, she managed to get some dancing time in (since she was not only a coordinator, but also a guest!) without dropping any of the numerous balls we gave her to juggle. We marveled that day at how smoothly everything went, knowing that weddings are huge productions with tons of moving parts. Being able to sit back and really absorb that ‘we-pulled-it-off’ feeling was priceless and I know we wouldn’t have had the time to do that without Aubrey’s help. For that feeling alone, we enthusiastically recommend Simply Created Events and thank them from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 01/09/2011
  • Sheri & Steve

Sheri & Steve · Married on 08/07/2010

Something of a perfectionist, I was hesitant to book a day of coordinator. Who was going to be that amazing that I could invest thousands of hours researching and preparation into their hands? In walks Aubrey Canale (who thankfully, I was referred to by my florist)! There was something about Aubrey I trusted. She was very professional, punctual, and her prices were AMAZING. She told me that although she had worked as an event designer for years, she was just starting to step out as a wedding planner. Her ideas and suggestions were on point and more importantly, she listened closely to my needs. We planned to meet again to visit the actual sites and do a detailed meeting with my caterer. I didn't think ANY of that came with a DOC contract. She even did the rehearsal and wedding timeline!

I'm telling you - the wedding went off without a hitch. Aubrey was there whenever I needed her, in addition to a million other places at once. I don't know how she did it but she did... She even brought an assistant with her to make sure she had all her bases covered (the wedding was 180 people and at two different locations). I honestly think she was the most important vendor we hired. If you have high expectations and a modest budget, hire Simply Created Events!!

Thank you for making our wedding day stress free and spectacular!

- Sheri and Steve Hoidra

Sent on 09/04/2010

Amy ·

Aubrey was Amazing!

Initially I thought I just needed a Day of Coordinator to set up my decorations, but when I met Aubrey, I knew I had thought wrong. She did so much more! Not only was my wedding day Exactly how I envisioned it, but everything ran super smoothly and I didn't have to think or worry about a thing. From the day I met with her, I knew I was in capable hands, she was organized, upbeat, and thought about everything that I hadn't. She was quick to answer questions and provide her expert opinion when I was waivering on decisions. If you are looking for someone easy to work with, Aubrey is a wonderful choice.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Hilary · Married on 08/25/2018

I originally started planning thinking that I would not need a planner, but I quickly realized how wrong I was! Aubrey was such a vital part of our wedding day. Although I only purchased a partial planning package, it felt like she was there for almost all of the planning. We were frequently in contact, and she clearly communicated when she would be out of contact for longer periods of time. She was organized, friendly, assertive (especially at the rehearsal, where we really needed her!) and so thoughtful. At the reception, she made sure to keep everything on time and always ensured that I was fed and had a drink. We couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Jenn · Married on 05/19/2018

Aubrey & team were phenomenal! The partial planning package was perfect leading up to the big day and so affordable! On the wedding day, Aubrey and team really stepped up and handled everything thrown their way - I was not stressed at all and they completely set up & coordinated the entire event!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Jen · Married on 09/22/2017

Using Aubreywas one of the best decisions we made in planning my daughters wedding. They were responsive in all areas and had great suggestions throughout the planning of and the day of the wedding. I cannot emphasize how great Aubrey throughout this experience. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/06/2013

Aubrey, simply put, was the best use of money in my entire wedding. I can't even begin to express how worth it she was. Even though I only had her for day of services, she started working with us well before the actual day, helping with timelines, coordinating vendors, thinking about all those details that I wouldn't have thought of. She felt like a full service wedding planner! On the day of, she put out so many fires, from trying to tie my day's bow tie 15 min before the ceremony began, to taping up my dress so I wouldn't trip down the aisle, to helping me change dresses mid reception. She really did everything and more! I would highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 05/15/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica Stack · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolute must for a busy bride

I am very happy that we hired Aubrey for her full-service wedding planning. We had a lot of other things going on and we knew we would need help! Aubrey is very sweet and has a lot of contacts. One of my favorite parts was taking the stress out of remembering to bring everything to the venue! She let me ship everything to her house and took care of it all. She made checklists for things that I would have never thought of. She also worked miracles at the end - finding me a new makeup artist 3 weeks before the wedding and a new hair stylist 2 DAYS before. Definitely worth it!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/21/2017

Very family oriented and easy to work with. I appreciated all of Aubrey's expertise.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Aubrey was a wonderful wedding planner. She is very flexible and willing to help out in any way that you request. I plan many events for my job so planning my wedding was something that I had every intention of doing on my own, however having Aubrey's help was amazing! She knows what she is doing and is happy to take control or just handle details. It was wonderful to have such a great, calm and professional person making sure our day was as special as possible. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a full-time planner, part-time planner or day-of coordinator. She can do it all and is great to work with!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Brent · Married on 09/24/2011

Aubrey is great!

We hired her for day of the wedding services plus a couple other things (hotels, pie vendors, lighting options).

She made our day stress free and we were on time all day long.

She's very professional, very well priced, and experienced with event planning. We were pleased with her and would recommend her to anyone looking for a planner. (if you're not looking for a planner... rethink it. Trust me on this one - this was the best idea we had for our wedding).

P.S. if you're thinking of getting married at Camden Yards. She has already worked two weddings there (as of December 2011). She was a life saver for dealing with DNC at Camden Yards. Working people won't have the time to hound them as needed - hire a wedding planner. You will lose soooooo much stress and will actually enjoy your day.

Sent on 12/20/2011