Simply Created Events Reviews

96 | Baltimore, MD

96 Reviews for Simply Created Events

Aubrey is great to work with. She is very flexible. You can engage her for different levels of service depending on your needs and budget. We loved having her on our team!

Sent on 05/24/2016

I worked with Aubrey to plan and coordinate my Baltimore wedding in December '15. From the first phone call we had, I was impressed by Aubrey's professionalism, knowledge of the industry, and her warm, positive demeanor. She put together a comprehensive timeline/task list, gave advice on our budget, and gently prodded us to meet each task deadline, which she staggered really well so that we didn't go crazy in the last few weeks. Aubrey was always easy to get a hold of for questions large and small, and she regularly checked in with us proactively. I love how she started our calls by asking how I was feeling -- she was always ready with reassurance, support, and very practical advice, which is a great thing when you're planning a wedding!

Aubrey had existing relationships with many of the major vendors we used (including the caterer and venue), which made the planning go very smoothly. She was by our side to ask the questions we wouldn't have thought of and helped compare/refine pricing packages, then took the reins on coordinating with all the vendors directly for the wedding day. She also recommended several small independent vendors (hair/makeup, photographer, and musicians) who were all excellent, inexpensive, and truly lovely people. This really cut down on having to research and run around to different companies, and I think it saved us some money too.

Everything went extremely smoothly the day of the wedding (or if it didn't, Aubrey fixed it before I knew about it). I was able to relax and have an amazing day, since I trusted Aubrey so completely to get everything done. I would recommend Simply Created Events without hesitation to anyone planning a wedding in the area!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Aubrey from Simply Created Events was a pleasure to work with preparing for and on the day-of our wedding. We had no idea how much her services were going to be needed on our wedding day and we are so glad she was our day-of wedding planner. She helped us navigate and organize all the vendors and helped tremendously with the entire day timeline. Her experience and knowledge of the industry and its vendors was clear in how she handled herself during site visits with our other vendors. She most particularity shined when our trolley vendor had an issue fulfilling our contract and she was able to fill the gap and find a suitable replacement!

Sent on 03/07/2016

Elyza · Married on 08/29/2015

My husband and I cannot imagine our wedding day without Aubrey and her fantastic team!! We hired her for day-of-coordination. We were planning a wedding from out of town and she was very flexible with us when scheduling walk throughs and meetings. We met with her approximately nine months before our wedding for an initial site visit, which we found very helpful in focusing our vendor search / planning and getting answers to all our initial questions. We knew we were in good hands, when in response to one of my questions at our site visit one month away from the big day, Aubrey responded, "That's not your problem anymore. Let me take care of that." She is a dream to work with!

On the day of, Aubrey and her team did such an amazing job setting up all the personal wedding day items and decor we brought and were always around to make sure we had everything we needed. My husband and I felt so confident and stress-free knowing that Aubrey was running the show. Do yourself a favor and hire Aubrey -- she is worth every penny!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Gregory · Married on 06/20/2015

My daughter was married this weekend and Aubrey and Sharon handled every detail with such professionalism and ease. If anyone needs a great, fantastic wedding planner look no further. These ladies know their business.
    Thank you for making our daughter's wedding such a great, fun time. not sure what we would have done without you there to guide us around every turn

Greg and Sharon A.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Megan · Married on 05/23/2015

Aubrey was absolutely amazing, being an out of town bride and a full time grad student having Aubrey was the only reason we had a wedding. She helped my husband and I through every step of the process with as little stress as possible and a cheerful disposition. She gave us piece of mind and understood our vision for our wedding and executed that vision with efficiency and perfection. Hiring Simply Created Events was the best decision we ever made in the wedding planning process

Sent on 06/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2014

Aubrey was more than just a wedding coordinator to us and I can't say enough good things! She was there, day in and out, through our planning process to help and keep track of everything and make sure we knew what to do and when! She answered all questions immediately and helped with whatever we needed.

My sister booked her several years ago for her wedding and we knew we had to work with her as well. She helped keep us on schedule for planning as well as keeping track of all contracts, etc.

The days leading up to the wedding and the big day went so smoothly, all thanks to Aubrey! She ensured we didn't have to worry about a thing and dealt with everything, from getting the rings to the best man to making sure the programs were at the church to keeping our timing on track, she was a God send.

Aubrey and Sharon are MUST haves if you're planning a large event, especially a wedding! Something so important with so many details requires their expertise. We couldn't have done it without Simply Created Events!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Craig · Married on 11/01/2014

Aubrey Canale from "Simply Created Events" was a miracle worker! We could not have had such a tremendously successful event without her! I purchased her full service package and am so, so glad I did! A huge event like a wedding, I cannot even imagine how we would have succeeded without Aubrey. There are not enough words to describe her exemplary performance but I will list some here: Highly Professional; Personable: Calm; Cool; Collected; Amazingly Organized; Friendly; Networked (we needed some last-minute arrangements and she came through with highly talented venders!); Knowledgeable; Responsive; Honest; Hard-working; Has Great Help!! (Her Mother who was her Assistant at the wedding itself...very much needed!!); I would definitely recommend Aubrey Canale to anyone who wants to have the ultimate event and have it run smoothly. Her services were worth Every penny!!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Shawn · Married on 10/10/2014

We wouldn't have been able to pull off this wedding without Aubrey. Despite only being our day-of coordinator, she was planning with us well in advance to make sure the day went smoothly. She was quick to respond to emails, and made us feel like we were her only clients. She's very detail oriented, and focused on big questions that we would have never thought of asking. Before the wedding, we had a great game plan in mind, and she made sure all the caterers were aware. On the day, she was on top of everything, and kept us on target without much hassle.

In the end, we couldn't imagine not having Aubrey there to pull everything together. We would have expected to pay many times more for the quality we got.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Jenny · Married on 10/04/2014

Aubrey is great! She's very personable and makes you feel comfortable and at ease both during the process of planning AND on the day of. She always starts off with 'how are YOU doing?' rather than worrying about the details etc first, which I loved because it always made me feel calm and stress-free. I would never plan a wedding without Aubrey after having done it with her assistance! Everything went smoothly, and our day was absolutely PERFECT.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Andrea · Married on 09/13/2014

At first we weren't sure whether we wanted to spend extra money on a wedding coordinator, but we were so glad we did and couldn't have had a better partner than Aubrey! She made sure everything went smoothly on the day of our wedding and that we didn't have to worry about a thing. From fixing the bow and bustle on my dress to distributing final payments and tips to vendors to packing up all of our things at the end of the night, Aubrey had everything under complete control. Even though we only hired Aubrey for day-of coordination, she was available throughout the planning process to answer questions, provide advice, and recommend vendors. She also came to our final walk-through at our venue and coordinated the wedding rehearsal. I highly recommend hiring a coordinator if you don't have one at your venue to take care of all of the details of the day, and you definitely can't go wrong with Aubrey and Simply Created Events!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Aubrey is the best! She makes everything goes smoothly. She goes above and beyond.

Sent on 09/21/2014
  • User3541947 · 2+ years ago

Aubrey was an absolute pleasure to work with - I didn't have a single worry on my wedding day because I knew I was in the best hands imaginable! She was calm, organized, had great relationships with lots of my vendors already, and worked smoothly with everyone. I can't even find enough words to articulate how appreciative I am to have found her and how grateful I am for all of her work.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Rhoni · Married on 06/07/2014

Aubrey was instrumental in making my wedding a success! During the planning process, she kept track of all the tasks and kept us on schedule so that in the last few weeks when most brides are stressing out, we didn't have last minute issues to manage at all. She knew exactly what questions to ask the vendors and myself/my family to ensure that everything would turn out as we wanted. We were confident during the entire process that nothing was being missed, from vendor payment reminders to comprehensive checklists with timeframes associated, the whole process felt managed and under control.

Aubrey was amazing at managing conflict when our vision and my parents didn't see eye to eye by understanding everyones underlying concerns and anxieties and coming up with an optimal solution. For example, my husband felt strongly that he didn't want guests seated, he wanted them free to choose their own seats but my parents felt strongly that they wanted all guest seated formally for dinner. Aubrey understood that my husband was concerned with his friends not getting to talk to each other as freely and that my parents were concerned that the older people would want to be told where to sit and that as the hosts they wanted a more sophisticated feel to the event. The compromise she came up with was absolutely perfect, tables 1-9 were assigned seats to older guests and tables 10-17 were open for our friends and younger cousins to choose where to sit in open seating. No one was confused and everyone sat where they were comfortable and happy. There were many examples where people involved did not see eye to eye and she constantly came up with creative solutions to make everyone happy.

Working with her completely de-stressed the entire experience as much as possible. Through the process I could constantly ask and get almost immediate answer for any of my questions or concern about any of the vendors or the process. I highly recommended her to all my engaged friends!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2014

I was in a friend's wedding where Aubrey was their wedding planner, and I was amazed by how easy she made my friend's day and how professional she was! The first person we hired after getting engaged was Aubrey and having her as our wedding planner was by far one of the BEST decisions we made in our wedding planning. We were planning a "destination wedding" in Washington DC and Aubrey made the planning easy and stress-free. Her attention to detail and creative thinking made our wedding day/weekend amazing. She helped with every part of the planning, and having her there on the day of the wedding made the day completely stress-free. She is quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and more than once visited our venue / Washington DC with us for planning events. She is extremely professional, thoughtful, and easy to work with! We cannot thank her enough for all of her hard work to make our wedding day as amazing as possible!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Julia · Married on 05/17/2014

Hiring Aubrey was unquestionably the best decision I made in my entire wedding planning process. From start to finish, she was incredibly responsive, supportive, patient and generous with her time. I hired her to be our day of coordinator and she went above and beyond - offering advice in the months leading up to the wedding whenever I asked for it, keeping me on top of things with gentle reminders and helpful hints, and always cheerfully replying to the millions of emails I cc-ed her on.

Beyond her excellent attention to detail and logistics (including so many things I would have never thought about without her, but that were so necessary!), Aubrey was an invaluable person to have around in the weeks leading up to the wedding and the wedding weekend. She kept me calm and defused any stressful situations quickly and with tact. No matter what I had gotten myself worked up about, she always had an answer or knew who to go to, or could pull the exact random thing I needed out of her bag (finding me a water bottle two seconds before I had to walk down the aisle? No problem! Band aids for a bridesmaid with a dress malfunction? Aubrey was all over it with a smile).

I can't say enough about how much I recommend Aubrey's services. She's incredibly competent, organized and efficient and despite her amazing ability to get errant vendors in line, is somehow also a very sweet and enjoyable person to be around. Go with Aubrey- you'll be so glad you did!!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Alexandra · Married on 05/10/2014

Aubrey was our complete wedding planner for our 5/10/14 wedding and we would not have made it to the wedding without her! She was absolutely priceless and a joy to work with. Of all of the costs associated with a wedding, Aubrey and her complete planning services were the best investment. Her expertise and advise ended up saving us more than we spent!

I am a completely type A planner myself, and wouldn't have thought I would want or need a planner. In order to enjoy my wedding though hiring Aubrey was crucial!

Aubrey was completely professional, yet approachable, and responsive throughout the planning process. She would always respond to my emails within hours and often within minutes. When there were hiccups and challenges along the road she would answer her cell phone and provide crucial advice and calming. She was wonderful to work with; managed our budget, provided great timelines and many google docs for planning and organization, sent monthly "To-Do" reminders, coordinated everything with our other vendors, and made our wedding day beautiful and so smooth and perfect! Even with a monsoon, traffic, and a huge and hard to coordinate group of people, Aubrey kept things going and the day great!

We had two pretty large and opinionated families. Aubrey helped us to navigate the "keeping everyone happy" aspects of the wedding, solved any issues that came up, helped with both creative and logistical tasks, and on our Wedding day of ran everything perfectly! Sometimes, when my type A self wanted a google doc updated more quickly, I only had to ask for changes and Aubrey would fix things immediately. Aubrey even helped with picking up things we needed when there were some last minute complications!

I cannot thank Aubrey enough. My family and friends had a wonderful day, Chris and I had an amazing wedding, and I know I would have been a total bridezilla without her! 100% recommended! Thanks again Aubrey!

With love, Mr. and Mrs. Grimes :)

Sent on 07/04/2014

Junae · Married on 05/03/2014

We used Simply Created Events for full wedding planning. Aubrey was an extraordinarily professional wedding planner. I am someone who is pretty tough to stay ahead of. It proved to be of no feat for her! From the beginning, her responsiveness to phone calls, emails, and even text messages was always immediate. She always stayed one step ahead of me. Always ready with an answer to my next question. From logistics to even wedding etiquette, Aubrey definitely was there each and every step of the way for us. She traveled with us to multiple venues, always with a smile. Assisted in negotiations with vendors and contracts and saved us money. As far as value goes, not only was she worth every penny and more, she paid for herself and then some. An expert in everything from the big, dream weddings, all the way to budget and DIY, she came through on all things for us. Patient with me during stressful and anxiety-ridden times, and even listened through all of my rants. On the day of, things went so smoothly. Received compliments from vendors and even our guests. Everybody ALWAYS tells you how quickly the day goes. It truly does, however, because of Aubrey and Sharon coordinating all things wedding on our big day, I was able to thoroughly enjoy every single second. No regrets. Never a worry. When I think about how these two came together and helped make my dream wedding come true, it brings tears to my eyes. We could not have done it without them. We had such an amazing day, due to Simply Created Events. We highly recommend them for wedding planning. When the day comes that we renew our vows, I will most definitely be giving Aubrey a phone call!

Sent on 05/27/2014

I found Aubrey on a complete whim - I was looking for a day-of coordinator. I actually was using this website & found another bride who had reviewed both my venue & Simply Created Events. Aubrey was the only vendor I did not hire by word-of-mouth - which is why I am so thankful for this website - because she was amazing. First of - Aubrey should charge twice of what she does even the amount of work she does! She was the most affordable vendor we used & she was one of the best! She meet me once near by home & I knew instantly she would be great. She took notes constantly when we met & literally would remind me of things I said I wanted :) She came to two meetings at our venue, came to my home to pick up my wedding stuff for the venue & came to our rehearsal. She and her assistant perfectly executed my wedding day. I did not receive one phone call. We had a complicated wedding day as we were having two weddings - I knew I needed someone I could count on to set up our second ceremony & reception - Aubrey was just that. She was so kind, sweet & professional with all of our guests. She was in charge of coordinating the delivery & set-up of everything - which looked absolutely flawless for our wedding day. I can never thank her enough for providing me with the peace of mind to enjoy my entire wedding day free of worry. I would recommend her highly to anyone looking for a wedding planner/coordinator out there!

Sent on 04/14/2014
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 03/22/2014

We used Simply Created Events for Full Service planning. Aubrey's insight and assistance during the planning process and the day of were worth every penny. We were given a planning timeline and Aubrey would regularly check in with our monthly "homework" assignments. This helped to keep us on track and focused. We also loved her vendor recommendations and willingness to work with vendors that we found on our own. She is very flexible which was appreciated. I recommend Aubrey to every engaged couple I know! I couldn't even imagine planning a wedding without the assistance of a planner.

Sent on 03/12/2015

It only took one meeting with Aubrey to decide that I wanted to work with her to plan my wedding. I hired Simply Created Events for full-service planning and I could not possibly be happier with this decision. Aubrey was amazing and incredibly helpful throughout every step of the process. She recommended and set up several venue visits, sent me regular checklists throughout the planning process, answered all of my emails ranging from family issues to proper etiquette, and kept my head in the game during the final push to the wedding day - all of this despite the fact that she had just had her first child less than a month before the wedding! (Did I mention she's amazing?) When our wedding day arrived, I had full confidence in Aubrey and Sharon from Simply Created Events to execute the day of my dreams - and it was everything I could have hoped for. We had a very challenging venue and these awesome ladies made it work. Could not recommend more strongly! THANK YOU AUBREY!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Heather · Married on 10/19/2013

Simply Created Events makes your planning process effortless! Aubrey and her team are absolutely incredible. Not only our wedding, but the entire planning process was amazing. I loved getting to know her and will truly treasure the planning experience. From the first time we communicated, I knew I had found something special. I know they had many events going on throughout the 15 months we worked together, but Aubrey always made me feel like I was her number one bride! She was so flexible, quick to respond to calls and emails and really took the pain out of planning. She went above and beyond anything my family and I expected. Our day ended up being 100% perfect. I would not have changed a thing. Every vendor she recommended was outstanding. Every last detail was approached with extreme care. My husband and I had the most incredible wedding day, and we will truly never forget how much Simply Created Events did for us.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Grace · Married on 09/14/2013

I used Aubrey as my coordinator and she was AMAZING! Seriously if you are on the fence about whether to get a planner at all, or whether you should choose her or another one, think no further! I used her day-of services but also negotiated with a little extra cost for her to help other things such as flowers & general décor.

First of all her prices are fantastic and you should book her before she rightfully increases them, since she is so amazing! Second, I consider myself a very organized person so fought the idea of having a planner at first but I never regretted it at all after booking her. She was so helpful along the way and so communicative & responsive, even with things that I don't really think were in her job description. She is so available by email which was a huge plus for me, not living in the same place as where I had my wedding. Her taste is impeccable, but more than just creating a 'vision', she is SUPER organized & on top of all the little details for the wedding day that make it go so seamlessly. I did not want to have to be fielding phone calls from vendors or worrying about scheduling and small details on my wedding day and she delivered and I was able to fully relax & enjoy the entire day! I can say for sure that I would not have had as much fun and time to enjoy all of my friends/family (and new husband!) if I had not had Aubrey (and her assistant Sharon who was wonderful also!)

Sent on 09/23/2013

Alex · Married on 08/17/2013

Aubrey was amazing to work with and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner. She was so organized, experienced, and helpful throughout the entire planning process. She is so easy to work with and goes above and beyond what I ever expected her to do. She was able to take my ideas and make them a reality. Thanks to her, I had the wedding of my dreams and more. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Kara · Married on 07/05/2013

Aubrey from Simply Created Events was fabulous!!! She helped me plan my wedding reception at the National Aquarium in Baltimore on August 10, 2013. She helps you evey step of the way! She helped me decide on which caterer and florist to use. She also helped me block rooms at various hotels around the Aquarium. She would answer my emails in a timely fashion as well as answer my calls and all of my questions. She is a very dedicated coordinator with a great personality. When deciding on favors and colors she would give her opinion and she will go to all of your vendor meetings with you, so you don't have to worry about forgetting anything!!! She sends you reminders month to month on what needs to be done. She will decrease your stress level the moment you meet her! Our reception night was unforgettable!!!

Sent on 08/14/2013