70 Reviews for Simply Brilliant Events

Full Planning (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Cultural (1)
Non-Religious (1)

I hired Nicola to help plan my wedding. While it was small with only 9 people including me and the groom, I was a bit of a clueless bride and really needed help. Nicola was perfect. She was lovely from the very beginning and gave me great advice on wedding venues, flowers, photographers, and places to stay. I basically hired everyone she recommended and was thrilled with how everything turned out.
Nicola was very attentive and I felt that she gave me the same level of service as she would have with a much bigger wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to hire a planner. I thought Nicola was worth every penny and couldn't have gotten married without her help.

Profile Picture Julie, 6/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I knew that we needed to have a wedding planner throughout the entire wedding process and we both knew Nicola would be the perfect fit for us. She helped my mom plan my sister's wedding back in 2014 and people, to this day, still rave about it. Having Nicola be apart of our special day was one of the best decisions we could have made. She was so easy to get ahold of and replied to emails/texts/phone calls very promptly. Good communication was very important to me and Nicola provided that throughout our entire year and a half of planning. She took care of everything - she communicated with all the vendors, had a thorough timeline of events, and reminded of me little details that I would have never even thought of. On the day of our wedding, I was so at ease knowing Nicola and her team were there to make our day run as smooth as possible. With a bridal party of 27 people, I was very nervous that the day could become unorganized and chaotic. Because of Nicola and her team, our wedding day was perfect and everything went as planned. I cannot thank Nicola enough for making 12/31/17 the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so glad that I contracted with Simply Brilliant Events for our wedding. I was feeling very overwhelmed with all of the details, and Nicola was a constant source of answers and assistance. I especially appreciated her recommendations of other vendors in our price range.
Ashley was our day-of planner. She was wonderful! Completely on top of every last detail throughout the weekend. I could fully relax on my wedding day knowing that she was handling it. Thank you so much, Ashley and Nicola!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola helped make all of our wedding dreams come true! We initially sat down with her to discuss ‘day of coordinating service’, but after meeting her and realizing how much we were getting ready to take on, we knew we needed to hire her for ‘full-service coordination’. As someone who was working full-time, trying to plan a warehouse wedding where everything had to be brought in, the event wouldn’t have been do-able without the help of Nicola and her assistant. Nicola gave great recommendations for vendors to work with when we didn’t have someone particular in mind. There were SEVERAL barriers we had to overcome during the wedding process and we changed our mind SEVERAL times on the ceremony location, and every time I got in touch with Nicola about it, she was patient, positive and always gave advice/input. She put together multiple floorplans and was great about following up when other vendors would not return my calls. The day of the rehearsal she was there ready to help get everything set up and also helped our rehearsal run smoothly. My sister officiated our wedding and this was her first one and Nicola was able to give her some etiquette advice. The day of the wedding was completely stress free for myself, my mom, and my husband because Nicola and her staff were on site to take care of everything that came up. I would highly recommend Nicola and her team for any and all wedding planning services, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Bethany, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
3.0

After planning plenty of work events, I knew that for our wedding, a coordinator was a must have to take care of all the small details and people moving. Our wedding was non-traditional and we wanted to make sure our day was a true reflection of us. When we first found Nicola, we were in a panic about finding a venue. She was helpful in providing suggestions, and then meeting with our dream venue when it was finally secured. We moved forward with a month of/day of contract with Simply Brilliant. Nicola was kind, patient and organized throughout the process. We met twice, she reviewed the vendor contracts we secured and we were thrilled to use aisle planner to keep all the details in one place.

On the day of, she picked up all our decorations, made sure the room was set up beautifully and reminded us to eat! She was knowledgeable about all the potential challenges a couple faces on their wedding day and was thoughtful in taking special care of us as well as our guests. While our day turned out wonderfully thanks to Simply Brilliant, and there were a few takeaways: (1) we were clear about our vision to have a non-traditional wedding, however at times Nicola made dismissive comments about our choices; (2) we had to deal with vendor issues days before the wedding that could easily have been addressed earlier with more foresight and attention from Simply Brilliant; (3) many of the day-of details felt through the cracks leaving us/my mother/my friends to tie up loose ends, particularly at the end of the wedding when we were left to pack up last minute items in our car and drive it back to the hotel (4) upon bringing these issues to her attention, Nicola sent a series of emails in response that ended with “I wish you had talked to me about these on the day, you both seemed very happy.” To us, the final moments of our wedding is the wrong time to discuss issues. We found this unprofessional and ultimately negatively impacted our impression of Simply Brilliant.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola was very helpful in planning our wedding. I really appreciate everything that she did for us throughout the planning process, including vendor recommendations and design input. We had a hiccup with our venue, and Nicola helped us to resolve the issue quickly and professionally. The only drawback that we had was on the day of our wedding. We felt like for a wedding party and guest list of our size, that we needed a little extra support on that day. There were a few issues that I had that day, and didn't have a lot of support to assist with that. Other than that, everything was absolutely beautiful. Her team did a great job setting everything up, the florals and design of the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were absolutely breathtaking. I'm so thankful for all that Nicola did for us to make our wedding truly beautiful.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We chose the month-of planning with Nicola and it was the best investment I spent. She helped us with an overall plan, let me deal with the details, listened to all of my concerns throughout the entire year of planning and got into the details within the last 2 months. She delivered on more than just a wedding itinerary, she provided advice when I didn't know how to handle vendors, support when I was having difficulties dealing with family expectations and a plan fit for a queen to ensure that everything was taken care of throughout the entire rehearsal, wedding day and clean-up. The quality of service was beyond what I ever expected!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Using Simply Brilliant Events for our Month of Wedding services was the best decision we made while planning our wedding. With us living in NYC it was amazing to have someone on the ground in Michigan who we could consult with as we put together our wedding. Nicola's knowledge of the wedding scene in Ann Arbor was extremely valuable leading up to the wedding weekend. Then Ashley's experience and amazing attention to detail on the day of made the day of our wedding go as smoothly as we could have ever imagined.

Throughout the whole process Nicola and Ashley were there to help and made the process extremely easy. We were referred to Nicola by another couple who had a similarly fantastic experience and we can't thank them enough. From the intro on, she were always very responsive and easy to work with. Using the easy online system helped us to make sure we had everything in place leading up to the day.

When the day arrived, Ashley masterfully executed our vision even when everything didn't go exactly as planned. Having someone we could count on throughout the entire day who took care of all the little details helped to make it the best night of our lives.

We cannot thank Nicola and Ashley enough for all of the amazing work they did for our special day.

Profile Picture Ezra, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I were married on July 22, 2017 and I can honestly say that Nicola and her staff are AMAZING! My husband and I had the most perfect wedding day and it was because we had Nicola to help plan every detail and execute a flawless day! Even from our initial phone consultation, I could tell that she was someone I could trust with all the logistics of our wedding. We hired her first for the Month of Services but realized that we would need help for the whole planning process and hired her full time.

She is detailed oriented and did not miss one single element! She provided Aisle Planner which is an extremely helpful tool that she uses. Aisle Planner was helpful in the way that everyone was on the same page. She went the extra mile to make sure that everything was accounted for and that our day would be more than what we had imagined. She is also extremely personable and down-to-earth. Her professionalism is admirable, too! Her responsiveness to our email and phone correspondence was so quick, and always accurate, we never felt alone! Nicola and her team were the ones behind the scene on our wedding day that made everything possible. We gave them SO much decor to set up, and they made it all look so beautiful, just like a fairy tale!

?Throughout the night, Nicola kept track of us and made sure we had whatever we needed.

Nicola will exceed all of your expectations, she will fight for you to make sure you're getting great deals, and she will coach you through every step of the way. With her, you are in great hands and literally have nothing to worry about. I could not have picked a better coordinator; she made all of our dreams come true!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/22/17, 1 Review
4.7

We loved working with Nicola and her assistant, Ashley. They were both very professional and easy to work with. They were efficient at taking notes and responding to emails. They worked and communicated very well with our vendors. The checklist on the simply brilliant website was very helpful in planning our wedding. On our wedding day, Ashley was absolutely wonderful coordinating everything with our families, our decorations, our vendors and our wedding party. We felt at ease knowing Ashley knew the entire plan and responded quickly to any obstacles that popped up on the day.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't even know where to start here. Nicola with Simply Brilliant Events is....simply brilliant! If you are looking for a planner in Michigan, look no further. Nicola is professional, polite, respectful, organized, knowledgeable, prepared, flexible and willing to roll with the punches. For example: say when the bride wants to wear an inflatable T-Rex costume to surprise the groom, Nicola goes for it!

We hired Nicola for her "Month Of" package, where she starts planning and organizing our wedding with us about 6 weeks before the date. She set us up with a planning website that kept us organized and on track. Even though we had hired her for just before the wedding, I was still able to ask questions about invite etiquette or if I needed assistance with vendor contracts; she was happy to help and was quick to respond.

If we could afford it, I'd have a wedding once a year, just to be able to hang out and planning a smashing party with Nicola at the helm! Thank you again for your outstanding service, professionalism and your ability to laugh along with us and roll with the punches!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If there is one piece of advice I could give to a future bride it would be to hire a wedding planner. My husband and I live in NYC and his Aunt offered their lake house on Maceday Lake for our ceremony. We wanted to be as thrifty as could be for our wedding and I dismissed the idea of getting a wedding planner because I though that would be an unnecessary cost.
After trying to plan a wedding in a town I’ve never been to and three nervous breakdowns where I very seriously suggested to my husband that we should elope to save my sanity and lose the deposits on the vendors we had already booked, he suggested we get a wedding planner.
I looked at every bridal site to find the best of the best, and we Skyped with 4 different planners. I knew Nicola would be the one as soon as we spoke to her. She is the perfect mixture of professional and kind. We ended up getting her month planning services, which worked out perfectly for us, but if I could do it all over again I would have gotten her full service so she could help right at the start.
The ceremony we had was very DIY and Nicola was essential in thinking of the details my husband or I never thought of. There is a really great website included (AislePlanner) that you can start putting all the information in so it is in one place. The biggest reason you should hire Nicola is piece of mind. After meeting with her a month before the wedding I stopped panicking about all the details and started looking forward to it. I would recommend her and her incredibly thoughtful and capable assistants (we had Amanda and Stephanie help out at ours) to any couple getting married, not just a DIY wedding. It really made all the difference to know that my husband and I didn’t have to stress about the details on our big day and that our family didn’t have to do any work either. She will save you money and tears. Do yourself a HUGE favor and get her services immediately.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola and Amanda are the best wedding planners ever! They were very responsive and organized with all my wedding planning process. They were also very creative, willing to learn and culturally competent. My wedding would not have been so perfect without them!

Profile Picture Angela, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was fantastic. We used her “month of” planning package, which was just was we needed. Nicola created a very detailed wedding weekend timeline for us (and all of our vendors) and served as our coordinator on the day of the wedding (she also attended rehearsal). She was also available for a year leading up to the event to answer any planning questions we had via email.

On the day of, Nicola’s help was absolutely invaluable in coordinating the venue set-up and décor, communicating with all the other vendors, timing of everything from first look to first dance, and handling any unforeseen issues that came up.

Nicola gave us the opportunity to just relax and enjoy the wedding and know that everything was in good hands. I cannot recommend her services enough.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

We used Amanda as a day of planner from Simply Brilliant (Nicola was already booked that day), and we were SUPER satisfied with her. She took care of everything we asked from her on the day of. Even though there were some minor hiccups she took care of them without me ever knowing! Loved her, and would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I found Simply Brilliant Events while researching wedding planners on TheKnot. I had interviewed 2 planners before I found Nicola. I watched one of her videos & was instantly attracted to her lovely accent. I expected her to be the Mary Poppins of wedding planning. She is so much more!
Michael & I chose to work with SBE for multiple reasons. After our interview, I truly believed she had an invested interest in us. It was important for our wedding be uniquely us, not a cookie cutter wedding of some planners go to vision. It was also important my planner not receive kick-backs from vendors. I wanted to make sure when we asked for a photographer, videographer, florist etc we received the best options, not one with financial incentives. Nicola addressed all my concerns up front & helped us in so many ways, including keeping my sanity intact!
I have listed a few ways SBE helped us stay calm & focus on what is most important; our relationship. 1 She kept us organized. 2 She kept us on track with a detailed to-do-list using aisle planner. 3 She managed our time appropriately. 4 She worked on our schedule. 5 She helped us create a wedding that was true to us & our personalities. Our wedding was more immaculate than we could have ever imagined.
2 of the most wonderful things about working with Nicola are her flexibility & patients. I would find something I liked one day & the next something completely different. She rolled with it, but also kept me focused.
I highly recommend Nicola to anyone I know planning a wedding. It is very difficult to express in words the amount of adoration & respect we have for Nicola. We are forever indebted to her & the services she provided to us.
xoxo. m&m

Profile Picture Maggie, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Simply Brilliant Events helped us plan our October 2016 "Housewarming Party/Surprise Wedding". Nicola and Dawn were very professional, prompt with responses to questions, offered suggestions for vendors, met at our home (event locations) on several occasions. Our situation was unique and we found their services most helpful the day before and day of "acting as catering" until the surprised was revealed. Dawn spent 8 hours at our home doing everything I asked of her. We highly recommend Simply Brilliant Events!

Profile Picture User7338065, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola was very professional and offered great advice

Profile Picture Susan, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was outstanding. She did full planning service for my wedding in September and I couldn't have picked a more perfect person to help me plan. Originally I wanted someone to just help me when the day of but then the more I started to look at vendors and coordinators, the more I wanted a full service planner. This helped me maintain my professional and personal schedule while at the same time still have first and final say in my wedding planning process. I had a clear vision on what I wanted our ceremony and reception to look like and Nicola helped me achieve just that. She made the entire planning process easy and lead me through to each vendor and decision with ease. She is the reason why I really got to enjoy the entire planning process. I had some crazy ideas, things that haven't ever been done before at weddings or maybe done differently, and she made them happen. Most importantly, she was always on my team. That was so crucial for me as a bride because its such a high pressure time. as a bride you get a lot of stress from your family, friends, groom and grooms family and friends, and its hard to tell them all no or get your opinion in. Nicola always made me the first priority and would always ask me "what do YOU want?". She kept my wants and needs a priority and that was so helpful during the entire process. The other thing that I loved about Nicola when I first met her was her charm and professionalism. I knew she was the perfect planner for me because she really genuinely loved planning weddings. She did it all day everyday, and she has vast experience, so that's what really made my decision so easy! My wedding was to die for and Nicola and her team were Simply Brilliant!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was absolutely amazing! I can't say enough good things about her and the works she does. At first I had thought maybe I could do all of the planning on my own, but after getting a referral from a close friend, I contacted Nicola and I'm so glad that I did. There is no way I could have planned our dream wedding without her. Everything turned out perfectly and having her alleviated so much of the stress beforehand and on the day of the wedding. She is unbelievably organized and was so helpful in all of the planning. I felt so comfortable knowing that she had everything under control. We got so many compliments all night and several people telling us that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Nicola played such a big role in that and we couldn’t be more appreciative of all that she did for us. It was such a relief knowing that she was behind the scenes making sure everything ran smoothly. It allowed us to enjoy our special day with friends and family. Her expertise was invaluable to us and we were so grateful to have her guidance in every detail. She helped my husband and I create a day that we will remember and cherish forever. She was so amazing to work with and I would highly recommend her services!!!

Profile Picture Cassidy, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola was a tremendous help in planning my daughter's wedding. She provided excellent advice and vendor recommendations, and was a calming, reliable partner. I trusted her advice and commitment to assuring that all would go smoothly, and it was truly a beautiful day.

Profile Picture LaVaughn, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I used SBE as our day-of coordinator. Their team did a wonderful job & we would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Lea, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

One of the most important aspects of my wedding was having Nicola and her team by my side throughout the whole process. The first step I would recommend anyone to do, is hire Nicola for their special day. It was one of the best decisions I could make, and she was worth every penny. I was unsure at first of whether or not I needed a planner to help me, I figured I had enough time leading up to the wedding to plan and organize everything myself. When you think about it though, and realize how much time and money is being put into such a special day, its necessary to have a planner there the day of to help with any minor details that will end up coming up and to help coordinate the timeline of your wedding to make sure the bride and groom with their parents are able to enjoy the day! Nicola and her team went out of their way to make sure I had help with ANYTHING I needed leading up to the wedding and for the day of. They made me feel so calm and assured that everything was going to be perfect for the most important day of my life! I am so happy with all the work Nicola has done not just for my husband and I, but for the mothers and fathers, so that they could relax the day of enjoy the special day too. I highly recommend hiring Nicola for your special day! -Ashley E.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

My husband and I were married in MI, but we live in MD. When we started planning our wedding, we quickly realized we were going to need some help. I found Simply Brilliant Events while searching different websites online. Although I wasn't sure if everyone saw the vision we had for our wedding, I knew she would work hard to do everything I needed. Her strong work ethic and constant communication kept me on my toes and kept reconfirming that we had made the correct choice in hiring Nicola. The day of the wedding was overwhelming for everyone. Nicola and her staff had their work cut out for them. They pulled it off brilliantly with patience and control. Thanks to Nicola, all of the hiccups that occurred throughout our day, which are bound to happen, were handled quickly and quietly. I could not recommend Simply Brilliant Events enough to anyone, both in-state and out-of-state, to help plan their wedding. Thanks!!!!

Profile Picture Joslyn, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Simply Brilliant Events - excellent, outstanding, and just the best! Nicola was a pleasure to work with and so knowledgeable! Nicola was always available for questions and even gave us an extra meeting before the wedding to go over the entire timeline. The wedding venue was a blank space, requiring everything to be brought in and vendors coordinated. Nicola and her team did that professionally and the event went smoothly. Kara, and her assistant, were on hand during the entire event and they were amazing and are the reason the day of was a success.

Profile Picture Judy, 6/4/16, 1 Review