68 Reviews for Simply Brilliant Events

Full Planning (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Cultural (1)
Non-Religious (1)

My husband and I knew that we needed to have a wedding planner throughout the entire wedding process and we both knew Nicola would be the perfect fit for us. She helped my mom plan my sister's wedding back in 2014 and people, to this day, still rave about it. Having Nicola be apart of our special day was one of the best decisions we could have made. She was so easy to get ahold of and replied to emails/texts/phone calls very promptly. Good communication was very important to me and Nicola provided that throughout our entire year and a half of planning. She took care of everything - she communicated with all the vendors, had a thorough timeline of events, and reminded of me little details that I would have never even thought of. On the day of our wedding, I was so at ease knowing Nicola and her team were there to make our day run as smooth as possible. With a bridal party of 27 people, I was very nervous that the day could become unorganized and chaotic. Because of Nicola and her team, our wedding day was perfect and everything went as planned. I cannot thank Nicola enough for making 12/31/17 the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola helped make all of our wedding dreams come true! We initially sat down with her to discuss ‘day of coordinating service’, but after meeting her and realizing how much we were getting ready to take on, we knew we needed to hire her for ‘full-service coordination’. As someone who was working full-time, trying to plan a warehouse wedding where everything had to be brought in, the event wouldn’t have been do-able without the help of Nicola and her assistant. Nicola gave great recommendations for vendors to work with when we didn’t have someone particular in mind. There were SEVERAL barriers we had to overcome during the wedding process and we changed our mind SEVERAL times on the ceremony location, and every time I got in touch with Nicola about it, she was patient, positive and always gave advice/input. She put together multiple floorplans and was great about following up when other vendors would not return my calls. The day of the rehearsal she was there ready to help get everything set up and also helped our rehearsal run smoothly. My sister officiated our wedding and this was her first one and Nicola was able to give her some etiquette advice. The day of the wedding was completely stress free for myself, my mom, and my husband because Nicola and her staff were on site to take care of everything that came up. I would highly recommend Nicola and her team for any and all wedding planning services, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Bethany, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We chose the month-of planning with Nicola and it was the best investment I spent. She helped us with an overall plan, let me deal with the details, listened to all of my concerns throughout the entire year of planning and got into the details within the last 2 months. She delivered on more than just a wedding itinerary, she provided advice when I didn't know how to handle vendors, support when I was having difficulties dealing with family expectations and a plan fit for a queen to ensure that everything was taken care of throughout the entire rehearsal, wedding day and clean-up. The quality of service was beyond what I ever expected!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Using Simply Brilliant Events for our Month of Wedding services was the best decision we made while planning our wedding. With us living in NYC it was amazing to have someone on the ground in Michigan who we could consult with as we put together our wedding. Nicola's knowledge of the wedding scene in Ann Arbor was extremely valuable leading up to the wedding weekend. Then Ashley's experience and amazing attention to detail on the day of made the day of our wedding go as smoothly as we could have ever imagined.

Throughout the whole process Nicola and Ashley were there to help and made the process extremely easy. We were referred to Nicola by another couple who had a similarly fantastic experience and we can't thank them enough. From the intro on, she were always very responsive and easy to work with. Using the easy online system helped us to make sure we had everything in place leading up to the day.

When the day arrived, Ashley masterfully executed our vision even when everything didn't go exactly as planned. Having someone we could count on throughout the entire day who took care of all the little details helped to make it the best night of our lives.

We cannot thank Nicola and Ashley enough for all of the amazing work they did for our special day.

Profile Picture Ezra, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I were married on July 22, 2017 and I can honestly say that Nicola and her staff are AMAZING! My husband and I had the most perfect wedding day and it was because we had Nicola to help plan every detail and execute a flawless day! Even from our initial phone consultation, I could tell that she was someone I could trust with all the logistics of our wedding. We hired her first for the Month of Services but realized that we would need help for the whole planning process and hired her full time.

She is detailed oriented and did not miss one single element! She provided Aisle Planner which is an extremely helpful tool that she uses. Aisle Planner was helpful in the way that everyone was on the same page. She went the extra mile to make sure that everything was accounted for and that our day would be more than what we had imagined. She is also extremely personable and down-to-earth. Her professionalism is admirable, too! Her responsiveness to our email and phone correspondence was so quick, and always accurate, we never felt alone! Nicola and her team were the ones behind the scene on our wedding day that made everything possible. We gave them SO much decor to set up, and they made it all look so beautiful, just like a fairy tale!

?Throughout the night, Nicola kept track of us and made sure we had whatever we needed.

Nicola will exceed all of your expectations, she will fight for you to make sure you're getting great deals, and she will coach you through every step of the way. With her, you are in great hands and literally have nothing to worry about. I could not have picked a better coordinator; she made all of our dreams come true!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't even know where to start here. Nicola with Simply Brilliant Events is....simply brilliant! If you are looking for a planner in Michigan, look no further. Nicola is professional, polite, respectful, organized, knowledgeable, prepared, flexible and willing to roll with the punches. For example: say when the bride wants to wear an inflatable T-Rex costume to surprise the groom, Nicola goes for it!

We hired Nicola for her "Month Of" package, where she starts planning and organizing our wedding with us about 6 weeks before the date. She set us up with a planning website that kept us organized and on track. Even though we had hired her for just before the wedding, I was still able to ask questions about invite etiquette or if I needed assistance with vendor contracts; she was happy to help and was quick to respond.

If we could afford it, I'd have a wedding once a year, just to be able to hang out and planning a smashing party with Nicola at the helm! Thank you again for your outstanding service, professionalism and your ability to laugh along with us and roll with the punches!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If there is one piece of advice I could give to a future bride it would be to hire a wedding planner. My husband and I live in NYC and his Aunt offered their lake house on Maceday Lake for our ceremony. We wanted to be as thrifty as could be for our wedding and I dismissed the idea of getting a wedding planner because I though that would be an unnecessary cost.
After trying to plan a wedding in a town I’ve never been to and three nervous breakdowns where I very seriously suggested to my husband that we should elope to save my sanity and lose the deposits on the vendors we had already booked, he suggested we get a wedding planner.
I looked at every bridal site to find the best of the best, and we Skyped with 4 different planners. I knew Nicola would be the one as soon as we spoke to her. She is the perfect mixture of professional and kind. We ended up getting her month planning services, which worked out perfectly for us, but if I could do it all over again I would have gotten her full service so she could help right at the start.
The ceremony we had was very DIY and Nicola was essential in thinking of the details my husband or I never thought of. There is a really great website included (AislePlanner) that you can start putting all the information in so it is in one place. The biggest reason you should hire Nicola is piece of mind. After meeting with her a month before the wedding I stopped panicking about all the details and started looking forward to it. I would recommend her and her incredibly thoughtful and capable assistants (we had Amanda and Stephanie help out at ours) to any couple getting married, not just a DIY wedding. It really made all the difference to know that my husband and I didn’t have to stress about the details on our big day and that our family didn’t have to do any work either. She will save you money and tears. Do yourself a HUGE favor and get her services immediately.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola and Amanda are the best wedding planners ever! They were very responsive and organized with all my wedding planning process. They were also very creative, willing to learn and culturally competent. My wedding would not have been so perfect without them!

Profile Picture Angela, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was fantastic. We used her “month of” planning package, which was just was we needed. Nicola created a very detailed wedding weekend timeline for us (and all of our vendors) and served as our coordinator on the day of the wedding (she also attended rehearsal). She was also available for a year leading up to the event to answer any planning questions we had via email.

On the day of, Nicola’s help was absolutely invaluable in coordinating the venue set-up and décor, communicating with all the other vendors, timing of everything from first look to first dance, and handling any unforeseen issues that came up.

Nicola gave us the opportunity to just relax and enjoy the wedding and know that everything was in good hands. I cannot recommend her services enough.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

We used Amanda as a day of planner from Simply Brilliant (Nicola was already booked that day), and we were SUPER satisfied with her. She took care of everything we asked from her on the day of. Even though there were some minor hiccups she took care of them without me ever knowing! Loved her, and would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I found Simply Brilliant Events while researching wedding planners on TheKnot. I had interviewed 2 planners before I found Nicola. I watched one of her videos & was instantly attracted to her lovely accent. I expected her to be the Mary Poppins of wedding planning. She is so much more!
Michael & I chose to work with SBE for multiple reasons. After our interview, I truly believed she had an invested interest in us. It was important for our wedding be uniquely us, not a cookie cutter wedding of some planners go to vision. It was also important my planner not receive kick-backs from vendors. I wanted to make sure when we asked for a photographer, videographer, florist etc we received the best options, not one with financial incentives. Nicola addressed all my concerns up front & helped us in so many ways, including keeping my sanity intact!
I have listed a few ways SBE helped us stay calm & focus on what is most important; our relationship. 1 She kept us organized. 2 She kept us on track with a detailed to-do-list using aisle planner. 3 She managed our time appropriately. 4 She worked on our schedule. 5 She helped us create a wedding that was true to us & our personalities. Our wedding was more immaculate than we could have ever imagined.
2 of the most wonderful things about working with Nicola are her flexibility & patients. I would find something I liked one day & the next something completely different. She rolled with it, but also kept me focused.
I highly recommend Nicola to anyone I know planning a wedding. It is very difficult to express in words the amount of adoration & respect we have for Nicola. We are forever indebted to her & the services she provided to us.
xoxo. m&m

Profile Picture Maggie, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Nicola was very professional and offered great advice

Profile Picture Susan, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola at Simply Brilliant Events was absolutely amazing! I can't say enough good things about her and the works she does. At first I had thought maybe I could do all of the planning on my own, but after getting a referral from a close friend, I contacted Nicola and I'm so glad that I did. There is no way I could have planned our dream wedding without her. Everything turned out perfectly and having her alleviated so much of the stress beforehand and on the day of the wedding. She is unbelievably organized and was so helpful in all of the planning. I felt so comfortable knowing that she had everything under control. We got so many compliments all night and several people telling us that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Nicola played such a big role in that and we couldn’t be more appreciative of all that she did for us. It was such a relief knowing that she was behind the scenes making sure everything ran smoothly. It allowed us to enjoy our special day with friends and family. Her expertise was invaluable to us and we were so grateful to have her guidance in every detail. She helped my husband and I create a day that we will remember and cherish forever. She was so amazing to work with and I would highly recommend her services!!!

Profile Picture Cassidy, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

One of the most important aspects of my wedding was having Nicola and her team by my side throughout the whole process. The first step I would recommend anyone to do, is hire Nicola for their special day. It was one of the best decisions I could make, and she was worth every penny. I was unsure at first of whether or not I needed a planner to help me, I figured I had enough time leading up to the wedding to plan and organize everything myself. When you think about it though, and realize how much time and money is being put into such a special day, its necessary to have a planner there the day of to help with any minor details that will end up coming up and to help coordinate the timeline of your wedding to make sure the bride and groom with their parents are able to enjoy the day! Nicola and her team went out of their way to make sure I had help with ANYTHING I needed leading up to the wedding and for the day of. They made me feel so calm and assured that everything was going to be perfect for the most important day of my life! I am so happy with all the work Nicola has done not just for my husband and I, but for the mothers and fathers, so that they could relax the day of enjoy the special day too. I highly recommend hiring Nicola for your special day! -Ashley E.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

My husband and I were married in MI, but we live in MD. When we started planning our wedding, we quickly realized we were going to need some help. I found Simply Brilliant Events while searching different websites online. Although I wasn't sure if everyone saw the vision we had for our wedding, I knew she would work hard to do everything I needed. Her strong work ethic and constant communication kept me on my toes and kept reconfirming that we had made the correct choice in hiring Nicola. The day of the wedding was overwhelming for everyone. Nicola and her staff had their work cut out for them. They pulled it off brilliantly with patience and control. Thanks to Nicola, all of the hiccups that occurred throughout our day, which are bound to happen, were handled quickly and quietly. I could not recommend Simply Brilliant Events enough to anyone, both in-state and out-of-state, to help plan their wedding. Thanks!!!!

Profile Picture Joslyn, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Simply Brilliant Events - excellent, outstanding, and just the best! Nicola was a pleasure to work with and so knowledgeable! Nicola was always available for questions and even gave us an extra meeting before the wedding to go over the entire timeline. The wedding venue was a blank space, requiring everything to be brought in and vendors coordinated. Nicola and her team did that professionally and the event went smoothly. Kara, and her assistant, were on hand during the entire event and they were amazing and are the reason the day of was a success.

Profile Picture Judy, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola- Kara and team were amazing to work with, they were with us every step of the way to plan and execute our sons wedding day. We truly appreciate that Kara and team stayed until the very end to support and give us peace of mind to be able to enjoy the night.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola was great - she worked behind the scenes and made my wedding better. We love her.

Profile Picture Jihan, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Cultural, Religious, Day-Of Coord.

One of the best decisions we made! We inquired about Simply Brilliant Events to help us plan our out-of-state wedding in Downtown Detroit. Nicola is professional, honest, and works with your budget to find suitable vendors. For our wedding she provided services for the Simply Brilliant Month of Planning package. Her recommendations on vendors, etiquette, and timeline were invaluable to us. Each vendor that we utilized from Nicola's recommendations was impeccable (florist, photographer, lighting, DJ entertainment, make-up). She keeps you on track during the planning process. Reminding you of small details that you may not have thought of and then ensuring that every other small detail you've been worrying about will be taken care of on the day. She takes most of the responsibility from you on your wedding day ensuring that it will be Simply the best day ever.

Profile Picture User6181798, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious, Reception

I can't imagine planning a wedding without Nicola and her staff. Nicola took care of any situations that may have come up during the planning process, as well as the night of the wedding. She made it possible for our entire family and friends to enjoy a perfect evening. I have had so many people tell us that this was one of the best weddings they attended. This couldn't have happened without Nicolas dedication and professionalism.

Profile Picture Donna, 9/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola was absolutely perfect in assisting with all aspects of the wedding for my son and daughter-in-law. She was prompt, efficient and well organized. I never doubted that she was on top of everything and she was able to adjust timelines, etc. to account for late shuttle arrivals, etc. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Deanna, 9/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola helped plan my entire wedding! Whatever we needed she was available to provide help or answers. The work she did at the venue was beautiful. She was a huge help the day of to help field all questions and issues than came up. Without her my wedding would not have went as smoothly as it did. I highly recommend Simply Brillant Events to help with any wedding!

Profile Picture Riley, 9/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Nicola was a pleasure. Just two weeks before the wedding, I started to get very stressed out (as most brides do). Trying to figure out when I am going to be able to set up, who is going to be able to help me, how long will it take? I was stressed. I met with my photographers and they referred Simply Brilliant Events to coordinate my wedding. So, two weeks before the wedding I called in panic that she would not be available but she was!! Finally, a weight lifted off my shoulders. We met a couple times before the wedding and spoke about everything. I felt so comfortable leaving her in charge of the setting up and coordinating the whole ceremony and reception. Without her and her assistant I would have not known what to do. She made sure ever vendor was there when they should have, the DJ was announcing every detail, had the correct placement of bridal party, that everything was happening at the time it should have, she went and got Tupperware for all of our leftover food, cleaned up all decorations after reception, you name it she did it! I was so pleased and absolutely recommend her.

Profile Picture nicole, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nicola was amazing. I'm so glad I followed my heart and hired her as my 'day of' planner. I instantly clicked with her from our first conversation and she put me completely at ease. She came so highly recommended and she surpassed any expectations I had. She is so very detailed which is so important. She took care of everything on our special day. My husband and I were able to just enjoy every moment as Nicola handled everything that day for us. The reception room was amazing. She made sure that everything was set up perfectly. To see your plan, all of your ideas come together and not have to worry about it is priceless. I had planned an outdoor ceremony and it rained all day. Finally, an hour before my ceremony, sadly I had to call it and have it moved indoors. Ten minutes prior to ceremony time, the sun came out in full force. I was bummed because I had already made the decision to move it inside. When I got to the venue, Nicola came out and asked what I would like to do. I felt bad because so much work had already been done to rearrange everything. She told me it was my day & I should have the wedding if my dreams. She had the ceremony moved back outside in less than ten minutes. I was able to walk down that beautiful outdoor path that I had daydreamed for so many months. It was everything I dreamed of and more. Perfection. I would never have been able to have the day as special as it was without Nicola. My mother, who thought hiring a planner was 'ridiculous' even said that Nicola was amazing and my day wouldn't have been the same without her. I can't thank her enough for everything she did.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews