20 Reviews for Simply Azure Events

20 Simply Azure Events Reviews

Working with Farrah was a dream. She is organized, responsive, helpful, and very flexible! I plan on telling all my friends about her because she made everything so easy. Even my family and guests commented on how organized and helpful she and her team were. She was available in person, on the phone, and via text. She helped us find all our vendors (who, by the way, were fabulous) and worked with them to refine and finalize contracts and proposals. If you are on the fence about hiring a planner, I would suggest it more than anything. I couldn't even begin to imagine planning the wedding without Farrah's help.

Profile Picture Christina, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Let's just start by saying that when I have children and they are getting married I am calling this team as soon as the rong hits the finger. This team went above and beyond for me. I am from out of town so they had to work with my mother (which isn't easily done at times). If I has a small question about anything they answered me in seconds. I couldn't have imagined a better wedding because of them. They were truly the best wedding team to work with.

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Farrah is AMAZING and.....

1. VERY ORGANIZED: Before hiring Farrah, we met at a coffee shop for what we thought was going to be a meet and greet. Our meeting with her lasted 2+ hours and after getting to know more about our wedding, she drafted up a timeline for our day right there on the spot. She also helped us stay organized and on track throughout the wedding planning process by checking in on us and giving us lists of things that we should think about, etc.

2. CREATIVE: She helped us figure out our wedding centerpieces and some decor ideas for the reception.

3. RESOURCEFUL: Being in the industry, she was able to recommend vendors to us. We used her recommendation for our photo booth vendor and our invitations.

4. PERCEPTIVE: On our wedding weekend/day she made sure everything ran the way we wanted. She got a good feel about what our style was and was able to correct mistakes on the spot (flower color, cake decor, etc) without us even knowing about the mistakes. I only found out about them after! And all of her revisions turned out great!

5. ACCOMMODATING: At the time of our wedding, she was about 8.5-9 months pregnant and she brought along many helping hands (including her husband!) to ensure that our day went smoothly in the event that she went into labor. She was prepared for all scenarios!

Farrah was one of my favorite vendors and was a pleasure to work with from the get go. I would highly recommend her (and her team) to anyone!

Profile Picture Sneha, 6/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Hiring Farrah, Gracie and Candace was hands down the best money spent of all things purchased for our wedding. All three ladies were friendly, fun and extremely knowledgeable regarding all things related to weddings and event planning. Farrah was very accessible to me when I would randomly think of questions that I had no answers to, and she was so sweet and helpful - especially throughout the final stages of the planning as the day quickly crept up on us. She designed an extremely detailed timeline for the day of the event, and Candace and Gracie were not only on time, but they thought to contact me about a half an hour before they arrived to see if there was anything I needed at the last minute. Candace and Gracie managed all of my vendors on the day of the event, made sure everything ran on time and kept everything on schedule all while managing all 200+ of our guests (our wedding took place at our home) They took care of all of the little (and big) behind the scenes tasks so that I didn't have to ask any friend or family member to take care of anything. Because of their assistance, the only thing we had to worry about on the day of the event was having a good time because everything else was taken care of. Our other vendors had nothing but wonderful things to say about "the ladies with the clipboards". As the wedding grew closer, I can't tell you how many people told me to not worry about anything that went wrong on the wedding day because nobody would know- thanks to the team at Simply Azure, I can honestly say that not one single thing went wrong on the day of the event and we had the most amazing day! We cannot thank them enough.

Profile Picture Janine, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Farrah planned my daughter's wedding which took place in Winnetka, Ill. During the planning phase, she came up with many great creative ideas that looked like a million dollars, but didn't cost much. She also helped us to select the most important priorities that did make a difference and to let go the ones that were a waste of money (due to out budget limits). On the day of, none of us in the party had to lift a finger- she took care of everything so we could just. Have. Fun. We got her undivided attention at a time when she was planning her own wedding and you would never have known. I don't know how she does it!

Profile Picture User7224053, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't imagine my wedding day without Simply Azure Event! Farrah and her team took care of every detail so my family, husband-to-be and I could really just enjoy our special day. Farrah brings impressive experience and professionalism to every interaction. She was able to foresee potential issues that I never would have thought of and solve them well in advance. My wedding went off completely according to plan and it was clear the team cared about the details just as much as I did. My vendors loved Farrah and appreciated that she was really able to streamline the process for them. I really can't say enough great things about Simply Azure and I've recommended them to all my friends who have upcoming weddings.

Profile Picture Christina, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Simply Azure Events for our wedding and selected the Simply Just Enough package, which included partial wedding planning with 6 meetings and day of wedding coordination services. Farrah is very knowledgeable about wedding planning, suggested great vendors, and gave great advice whenever we had questions. Everything was perfect during the wedding and guests were raving about how wonderful the wedding was. Farrah created a detailed wedding timeline, organized a wedding vendor walkthrough at the ceremony/reception site, and coordinated the rehearsal. Farrah and her team did a spectacular job during the day of our outdoor wedding with set up, take down, and making necessary adjustments with the rainy weather. The exact vision of our wedding was made into reality with the help of Simply Azure Events. We could not do it without Farrah and we highly recommend Simply Azure Events.

Profile Picture User4963943, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hire Farrah!! You will not regret it for a moment! I went back and forth about if I needed her or not, as we kept reducing the size and formality of our wedding. She kept our date on her calendar for months, in spite of my indecision. We ended up finding all of our own vendors, and hired Farrah for "day of" service. Best decision ever. She came to our house to talk with us, asked tons of questions, and got a true sense of what we wanted our day to be like, and who all the different people are. She has a very calming effect and made both my groom and I feel like we had nothing to worry about! From texting us in the morning to remind us to make sure we eat something, to arriving early, to handling our very difficult venue, she and her assistant Elizabeth handled everything seamlessly so we could enjoy our day and our guests. She always had a smile on her face, and was completely in the background, yet making sure our every need was met. Our wedding party loved working with her, and she went above and beyond over and over! She thought of all of millions of things we would never have thought of, and she is SO good at what she does. Her own wedding was four days after ours, yet, she made us feel like we were the most important thing she had going on at that time!! She is simply wonderful to work with!!

Profile Picture Lauri, 12/27/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter was married in October 2phto014. Farrah from simply Azure by my photographer Lex Alexander. Farrah had been the planner for one of my co-workers and came highly recommended.
My daughter and I met with Farrah 8 months before the wedding and spent 3 hours talking with her and batting around ideas. We signed the contract on the spot. We were given all contact numbers and emails for her. She was very professional and efficient. She answered my emails and phone calls in a timely fashion. We had hired her for Day of planning but she was available for any questions I had for her. Her timeline for the day of the wedding was PERFECT. We were on time for everything. If there was a problem the day of the wedding neither my daughter or me were aware of it. She is organized and a pleasure to deal with. She had an assistant and an intern the day of the wedding with her and they were fantastic also. Farrah made sure the vision my daughter and I had for her special day was realized. She was there to handle the vendors and the venue. She was fantastic I highly recommend her if you are planning and event. Mother of the Bride, Theresa G.

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Farrah did an absolutely amazing job at my daughter's wedding. She is a real pro at coordinating a wedding and dealing with all the vendors. She and her staff took care of all the details, big and small, essentials I never considered. Everything was perfect and I can't even think of even a minor hiccup that occurred that day, but if there was one, Farrah handled it.
I highly recommend Simply Azure and I'm so glad we did!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

At the time, we were on the fence about whether we needed to hire a day-of coordinator. In hindsight, it was easily the best money we spent, dollar for dollar.

We hired Farrah as a day-of coordinator, which included unlimited pre-wedding email/phone/text consultation and three in-person meetings. Farrah is a real pro and knew exactly what to do before, during and after the wedding.

Highlights include: keeping the cats herded at the rehearsal, transporting/steaming the dress, managing the flow of the wedding party during the ceremony, dealing with all the vendors on the day of the event (including a much-needed 10 pm beer run), and loading up the groom's dad's car with all the gifts and such at the end of the evening.

Farrah and her assistant (Chelsea) were an absolute joy to work with and we're convinced our wedding would have been a rolling disaster without them. If you're not sure if you need a day-of coordinator, trust us, you do. Farrah was amazing!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Farrah was more than amazing. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her especially the day of the wedding itself. She made it super easy for me and I completely trusted her judgment and recommendations. She is professional, keeps you on track, reminds you of things, is not pushy and I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User3636290, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

A wedding coordinator, or a day-of coordinator is a must for any bride. Your wedding day will pass by in a blink of an eye, it would be such a shame to waste precious moments dealing with various vendor issues or concerns. Let Simply Azure Events be there for you on your big day, I did and it was one of the best decisions I made!
I can not say this enough, hiring Farrah from Simply Azure Events as my day-of wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions I made! At first, hiring a wedding coordinator was not in my budget, however, I re-shifted my budget and I am so happy I was able to add this service to my budget. Farrah was amazing to work with. Among many things, Farrah attended vendor meetings with me, coordinated discussion with my vendors, developed an amazing and very detailed wedding schedule, helped set up my flowers, my toasting flutes, my place cards, and was the go-to person on the day of the wedding. Because of Farrah I was able to enjoy my wedding! Farrah was the one ultimately responsible for running a 398 person wedding, which mixed European and American traditions. Farrah quickly adapted to any situation my quests threw at her, like mistakes in my seating chart, and she successfully handled all issues which came up, issues both from guests and vendors! Farrah was a joy to be around, she is so dedicated to what she does. At the end of the night, after a long 15 hour day, she was still smiling and helping my parents gather up our keepsakes and our gift box and loading them in the car. She goes over and above her call of duty and it was so comforting to know that she is there!

Profile Picture User3439441, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married in Jamaica on 12-12-12 and wanted to hold a wedding reception back in the U.S. for family & friends who couldn't join us on our wedding day. I personally didn't realize how much work is involved in making sure a wedding party reception goes smoothly & how much time the day of goes into preparation and taking care of all the miscellaneous things that occur throughout the day of the party.
I was so glad that I decided to hire a wedding planner "Farrah" from Simply Azure for our Island theme reception 7-13-13. She really helped me in picking vendors/decor & approximate how much to budget since I've never gotten married before to have this experience. Farrah was with me every step of the planning process & she was a life saver the day of the party. I didn't realize how much prep time you need to set everything up, helping the caterers & communication. I realized I would not have been able to pull off a party of 110 guests at our island theme reception with food, music, and dessert without her. She made the party flow nicely since I was continuously greeting guests & enjoying the party. Everyone had such a great time & the wedding reception looked beautiful & Farrah was an integral part in planning, decor, and the person behind the scene that ensures everything works out wonderfully. Simply Azure thank you for making my special day simply amazing!!!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Simply Azure Events to help us get through the home stretch in the few weeks before our wedding in June 2013, and had them on site for the big day to pull everything together.

We had all of the big stuff done when we decided to get a professional to help us, but I had no idea how much we hadn't even thought of until we met with Farrah a few weeks before the wedding. She went through every detail of the day with us, found all of the holes that needed to be filled in our plans, and came up with things we never considered.

Farrah put together a comprehensive schedule for our vendors, family, and attendants and even helped sneak in a surprise for my parent’s anniversary at our reception without letting anyone in on the secret.

I honestly don’t think that I could have gotten through our wedding without Farrah and her assistant Chelsea. They made the day so easy for us, and we really didn't have to worry about anything. She snuck in a gift from my husband to me into the bride’s room, got gifts from me to our parents, and managed to make sure that my hubby didn't catch me on my way to the bathroom before he saw me walk down the aisle for the first time. She coordinated the flowers, the catering staff, the DJ, the food timing, and everything else without breaking a sweat on an 85 degree day at an outside wedding.

Even when Mother Nature stepped in and we got a surprise thunderstorm immediately after the ceremony, Farrah and Chelsea kept everything in line. They moved from Plan A to Plan B seamlessly and my fears of a ruined wedding were completely unfounded, thanks primarily to them.

Farrah and Chelsea made our day more special than we could possibly imagine. There are no words to describe how much we appreciated having them there. Simply Azure Events was a life saver, and I would urge any bride who thinks she has it all under control, to sit down and talk with them. Thank you Farrah and Chelsea!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/23/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Farrah was my saving grace. Her "day-of" planning included coordination way beyond the day-of. She was personable, flexible, responsive, and incredibly detail-oriented -- and that's saying something considering I used to be the most detail-oriented person knew (before I met Farrah!). We had planned outdoor family photos, ceremony, and cocktail hour, but the weather did not cooperate. Farrah was right there with us as we were forced to play it by ear - moving the photos inside, setting up two different ceremony areas, and trying to do the ceremony outside anyway (and then moving it inside halfway through because it started to pour)! She kept a smile on her face and thought of every detail to make sure we were able to pull it all off! I would highly recommend her to any bride looking for a coordinator.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I hired Simply Azure for their services on the day of our wedding; however Farrah really went above and beyond what we signed up for. Farrah was amazing and made my life (the bride) so much easier. She certainly made sure that I don’t panic before the wedding; she contacted and confirmed all the vendors. Before the wedding we met a few times and were in contact with me via email the entire time. Farrah brought to my attention many things that I didn’t think of. The vendors she recommended were all reasonably priced and were very easy to work with.

Our wedding was a cultural mix of Persian and Jewish so I worked with Farrah to have her stage the cultural decorations for the ceremony. She also staged and decorated our reception hall. All I can say that our ceremony was beautiful and everyone was in awe and the reception hall looked perfect. The great thing about Farrah is that she is very good at seeing your vision and she will bring it to life.

On the Day of, she communicated with me since early in the morning and picked up a few items that I completely forgot on her way to the hotel. She got to the hotel right on time with her assistant and they did a great job putting together all the decorations. I didn’t have to worry about anything on that day, all we really had to do was dance and have a great time.

I highly recommend Farrah, it is money well spent for the service and care you will get. Thank you so much for making our special day a day with only good memories and no problems. At least I didn’t hear and dealt with any. Thanks a million….

Profile Picture User3237920, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Farrah is fantastic - so creative and efficient. Her attention to details in planning made my life before the wedding so easy and fun. The day of the event so handled everything to perfetion. She is a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User2686882, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Farrah provided me with her services as a day-of-coordinator for our wedding, and this was the single most important factor that made our day perfect. She met with me prior to the wedding to iron out details that I hadn't even thought about before, such as a list of people to help set up, the order of the processional and recessional, our parents' roles in the ceremony, and she had great ideas for how I could incorporate an uneven number of bridesmaids and groomsmen. She was incredibly professional, knowledgable, kind, and I felt extremely comfortable about putting her in charge. I had no idea that she would go above and beyond my expectations on the actual wedding day.
The day of the wedding, she arrived several hours early to help coordinate the decorations and set-up. I was shocked at the fact that I didn't lift a finger during the set-up, which was very relaxing, and I was able to calm my nerves and spend time with my parents and bridesmaids before the ceremony. This was probably the most valuable exchange I received for her service. Shortly before the ceremony, she coordinated the seating of the parents by pairing them up with our ushers and groomsmen, blocked off the aisle, and cued all the right people so that the ceremony went off without a hitch! I can't even begin to tell other brides how great it was not to have to think about those messy, tiny details that made such a difference. I was able to enjoy every moment before the ceremony, instead of running around crazed and frantic - and that's how it should be for EVERY bride.
After the ceremony, Farrah was fantastic in rounding up people for pictures, and leading everyone to the reception. After we cut the first two bites out of the cake, she even took the role of cake cutter (which is something I think a LOT of brides forget about), and served it out to our guests. I can't stress enough what an important role she played for me in our wedding, and it was thanks to her that our day was a dream come true!

Profile Picture Brandy, 7/28/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Simply Azure Events planned my entire wedding! Farrah was so awesome and helpful- I don't know what I would have done without her. She took a TON of stress away and helped me when I wasn't sure what to do. She also offered good ideas and tips in terms of formalities and vendors and design. I wasn't sure about a planner when I got engaged- but I would for sure recommend Simply Azure Events! Farrah is amazing!

Profile Picture Bevin, 6/30/12, 1 Review