Simplicity Event Planners Reviews

23 | Maryville, TN

23 Reviews for Simplicity Event Planners

Michelle · Married on 03/18/2017

Heather was referred to us by one of my bridesmaids and she absolutely surpassed any expectation we had. Though I am design/planning savey we used her for most of our planning needs. She was so unbelievabley helpful and most importantly honest (even brutally at times, but in the best way). I had a lot of "ideas" that I wanted to implement and Heather did an amazing job refining what would look good and finding solutions to the ideas that wouldn't. She took our vision and ran. She worked silently in the dark at times and when we'd meet she'd go over the visions she'd been dreaming up for us. When it came to the weekend of I literally can not put into words how much she did for us. My photographer even commented about how calm I was. I could absolutely count on her and I knew that if I expressed any concern to her (whether it was a drama filled family memember or I just forgot something) I no longer had to worry about it. She had mine and my husbands back through the entire process. She was my ninja, the woman who silently made everything happen seamlessly (at least to me, the bride, and I love that I didn't have to stress about anything). I literally cannot say enough good things about this woman whom I will forever consider family.

Sent on 04/07/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2016

We used Heather for partial planning, production & day-of coordination. She is very knowledgeable about all things wedding-related; she is creative and helps make your vision come true; and she has a lovely personality. She was always working behind the scenes... whether it be gathering quotes, organizing timelines, or hand-dying flowers. As another bride once said, "She's silent, but deadly." She ALWAYS made me feel at ease & is a great resource to have in your corner. Heather understood my eclectic vision & style and made it come true. Worth every damn penny!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Jared · Married on 09/25/2016

Having Heather as our day of coordinator for our wedding day is one of the best decisions we could have made. She set a schedule for the wedding day and made sure everything went exactly as planned. She worked in conjunction with all of our vendors to make sure our special day went off without a hitch. All of our other vendors were relieved To find out that Heather was our coordinator. Even before the big day, Heather was easily accessible and readily answered any questions that arose. Our only regret was not having her for full wedding planning. She made such a great impression that a few of the bridesmaids are now considering her for their wedding planning needs in the future. I would strongly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Candice · Married on 04/09/2016

Couldn't have planned any of this without Heather Lynn. She made the planning process way less stressful! Can't have imagined a more attentive wedding coordinator either. I felt like there was no need to worry at all because Heather Lynn was there!!!

Sent on 04/15/2016
  • User4619168 · 2+ years ago

Heather was all that we could have ever hoped for. She not only nailed it when it came to building a team that would visually meet my expectations, but she also bent over backwards to help me in every way that she could, every step of the way. I knew the moment that I met her that we were going to be taken care of.

After she wowed us for my sister's wedding in May, I trusted even more that our day was going to go off without a hitch. I can't thank Heather and her team enough. My wedding was absolutely perfect. I could not have asked for a better team of people to work with (and I stayed within budget!)

Thank you, Heather. You're a great friend and we will forever remember our amazing day that you brought to life. We are forever grateful for your hard work, sweat, and tears. Love you!

Sent on 02/12/2016

Heather Lynn directed my daughter's wedding. She goes above and beyond and then she goes above and beyond even that!

She is solely responsible for the perfect execution of Erin's wedding day. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her.

Highly experienced, honest and classy. Absolutely the best at what she does. A wedding day logistics rock star.

Unsurpassed value. One of the best decisions I ever made was to hire Heather to direct my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 11/22/2015
  • User5620957 · 2+ years ago

The outstanding work Heather Lynn (Simplicity Events) did to orchestrate our wedding cannot be overstated. Aside from being fun and very approachable- she is a true professional and the way she pulled everything together for our dream wedding was well worth her reasonable charges. She plays the role both designer and maestro; kind and firm when she needs to be, Heather is a true professional and an outstanding person!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Kathryn · Married on 10/10/2015

Heather is not only a strong and incredible woman, but she does whatever she can to alleviate stress for the Bride (that was my role) and make every SINGLE aspect of the wedding be the absolute best that it can possibly be.
    It rained four days before my wedding day, and only stopped 10 minutes prior to the ceremony. It wasn't exactly what I wanted it to be, but because of Heather, it turned out to be absolutely perfect. When she says 'Just Trust Me' that is all you need to do. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing woman/wedding coordinator for our wedding. From setting up the tent, to organizing table placement and decor, to finding and placing last minute carpet... I honestly can't even start to explain how incredible she is. She may come off as a drill sergeant at times, but that is only through necessity and care (seriously though, she gives the best hugs when you just want to ball your eyes out from stress and fatigue when you need it most). I cannot thank her and her wonderful crew enough for making everything come together so majestically.
    Important side note: SHE KNOWS ALL OF THE BEST VENDORS IN THE AREA.
    If I could give her 10 stars out of 5, I would.

Sent on 11/12/2015

AMAZING. That's the word to describe Heather. She was amazing, she created an amazing atmosphere and she has amazing energy. Our daughters wedding was suppose to be outside, but of course, mother nature had other plans, like rain, rain and more rain. Heather to the rescue. She rearranged and set up the most magical setting inside the barn for the ceremony and reception. She handled the rehearsal and every moment of the wedding day events. I did not have to worry about a thing it was terrific. Heather anticipated everything and coordinated all the vendors and guests with ease and professionalism. The experience was wonderful beyond what we dreamed.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Shannon · Married on 09/26/2015

I originally did not think I needed a wedding planner, but hiring simplicity events was by far my best investment. Heather was fantastic! She made the planning process so easy and shes also super fun and spunky! She helped with everything from table linens, to invitations, transportation, etc. She is extremely creative and takes your vision of your day and makes it a reality! On my wedding day I stressed about absolutely nothing and my day was perfect and flawless thanks to Heather! She took care of everything, and if there was a problem I knew nothing of it! I would definitely recommend Simplicity to any bride!

Sent on 11/26/2015

Where to even start...Heather planned our wedding day from start to finish. I only had a few ideas for decorations...thankfully Heather is amazing at what she does. She took my ideas and ran. All her small touches and details flowed perfectly. Heather made sure everyone knew their jobs for the day, she literally took all the stress and pressure off completely.Our wedding day was so much more then we ever thought possible. Heather you made the day I married my best friend and absolute dream. Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about that day. You are an amazing, strong, independent woman. Danny and I are so thankful to have met you...and we are so glad you talked us out of going to the court house! You are by far my favorite firey red head and I love you very much!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Andrea · Married on 03/20/2015

My daughter had the most wonderful wedding ever and I couldn't have done it without the help of Heather Lynn. There is a lot that goes into every detail of putting together a large and very special event as your daughter's wedding. It's the details that count! Heather was able to put our vision into reality so that I could spend the very precious moments with my daughter and give her the wedding of her dreams!
    Thank you so much Heather!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Anne · Married on 05/31/2014

From the day I met Heather/Simplicity Event Planners, I could tell she would be perfect to make our wedding day exactly what we wanted, and she definitely delivered! She and her staff were wonderful to work with, providing their own ideas as well as taking our vision and making it into reality. She made the day of our wedding flow easily and without stress, and was able to make our ceremony into a beautiful setting! I would definitely recommend Simplicity Event Planners to assist in anyone's wedding day, one of the best decisions we made as we celebrated the most important day of our lives!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Karen · Married on 05/31/2014

Anne, our newly engaged daughter asked – “Would it be ok with you if we didn’t get married in our hometown?” While we were delighted to give her the wedding they desired, my first thought was – How will I do this? We live in West Virginia and the wedding would be in Townsend, TN. Anne had met Heather with Simplicity Event Planners and suggested we might want to work with her. Heather was friendly, efficient, and thorough. It no longer mattered that I didn’t know the area or the local vendors! Working together, Heather, Anne and I lined up the venues, the DJ, the flowers, the favors, etc, etc. Her knowledge of the resources was extensive. She managed the rehearsal leaving everyone comfortable with exactly how the wedding would flow. The day of the wedding her attention to detail kept us all in place and she did it invisibly. So, hosting an out of town wedding went from overwhelming to enjoyable. Heather listened to Anne’s vision and worked within our budget to turn that vision into reality. I enjoyed working with Heather and recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Chancli · Married on 05/31/2014

When we decided we wanted to get a wedding planner, we chose Heather because she made us both feel completely at ease. Through the year we spent planning the wedding, Heather was positive and guided us in the right direction for all of our decisions. Our wedding and reception wouldn't have went off so flawlessly without the help of Heather and her team. She and her team went above and beyond to make our big day everything we asked for and more! We highly recommend Heather for all of your wedding needs, she will take you on like family and treat you as her own!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Kara · Married on 05/09/2014

Heather, thank you so much for making the wedding of my dreams happen. She pays attention to detail, I mean this woman knows her stuff. We love you and are so thankful we chose you to help us out. She will find any way she can to help and worked well with our budget.

Sent on 05/25/2014

Kara · Married on 05/26/2013

From the beginning my husband and I agreed that if we were going to have a big wedding we were going to do it together rather than me (the bride) doing all the planning. As the big day got closer and things started to pile up on us I guess my husband decided we needed some help so he hired Heather from Simplicity Events two weeks before our wedding. I almost took it as an insult because I thought we were doing a wonderful job planning our wedding even though I was getting about 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night! I decided to let my husband be the one to talk back and forth to Heather since I didn't think I needed her. What's funny is that the day of my wedding I found myself looking for her anytime I needed anything! She was absolutely wonderful! Everyone is right when they say your wedding day is overwhelming but Heather made the day so much easier! The things she did for me were things my family and bridesmaids together couldn't have done! My only regret is not hiring Heather from the beginning of our planning process!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Cindy · Married on 01/12/2013

Simplicity Event Planners made our wedding day perfect. From the time I booked with Heather she made me feel at ease and I could tell she really cared about making sure our day was special. We met on several occasions to go over all the details. She was always available by phone and went above and beyond to make sure that my Winter Wonderland wedding was perfect! She took charge at the rehearsal and everyone knew exactly what they would be doing the day of the wedding. Thank you Heather for making our day better than we ever imagined!
    Mark & Cindy Morgan

Sent on 08/04/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2012

From the moment my mother hired Heather she took all of the stress of planning the wedding out of the equation. She had connections with so many people my options were extensive. She suggested a florist that did a wonderful job and also knew a dj that was willing to play music that I chose. She also knew of numerous caterers that could provide the type of food that I wanted served ~ All we had to do was decide how much we wanted to pay.
    Heather did an outstanding job interpreting the picture I had in my head. She transformed the ceremony and reception locations into everything I had hoped and more.

Heather is truly an extremely talented planner. Regardless of how much or little you are trying to spend she will go above and beyond to give you the wedding/reception/party of your dreams~and with her vast connections I truly think the sky's the limit when she is the planner for your event!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Joy · Married on 10/02/2010

We were planning our wedding long distance and Heather and her staff provided wonderful service and ensured a wonderful wedding experience for our family. From hotel rooms for out of town guests to shuttle buses from the hotel to the wedding venue, all areas were efficiently managed.
    In fact when it came time for my younger child to marry, we used Heather again. And once again we were not disappointed.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Heather · Married on 09/20/2014

We were thrilled with everything - could not have done it without Heather and her assistant. The way we see it she earned every penny of her fee!!! I'm convinced I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the weekend without her being there.

She took care of every little detail down to preparing and delivering plates of food for our elderly guests. Kept everything right on schedule and made sure we didn't forget anything.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Emily · Married on 05/29/2011

Heather with Simplicity Events really made my wedding an enjoyable experience for everyone--my mom, me, our families, and all our guests felt relaxed and enjoyed our wedding weekend. I was working 10 hours away from our wedding venue, and my finance was working 4.5 hours away from there, and though my mom was in the area I didn't want her to have a ton of added stress. Heather took the stress so we got to have the fun. The wedding weekend and the wedding day came and guests got to spend time with my now husband and me, and Heather made sure that the food, flowers, cake, pie table, etc. all really represented who we are as a couple. It was so worth while to have Heather, and if you wonder about it, all I can say is that this investment pays off in terms of peace of mind and a smooth wedding!

Sent on 06/22/2015

shelley · Married on 08/30/2014

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

Not a pleasant experience!

In my opinion, I would NOT hire Heather / Simplicity for your event planning needs.

My daughter (the bride) wanted me to hire a day coordinator so I would not have to do a thing but sit back and enjoy the blissful day. I took her advice and hired Simplicity Event Planners. When I first met Heather, she was very personable and seemed to have a plan for making our vision a reality.

As I started to work with Heather I found her communication skills lacking, but even more important, was her failure to honor a promise we had counted on.

Sent on 06/20/2015