Simple Weddings Reviews

102 | Saint Petersburg, FL

102 Reviews for Simple Weddings

Jeff · Married on 06/05/1999

Jeff comes off as a really laid back kind of guy. He showed up dressed up in nice clothes, flip flops and a comforting smile. You could tell he was a pro at officiating. He really fit right in with all of us.

He picked up a camera after the ceremony and started snapping candid photos of my family and us while Claire worked away at us taking group shots. It was a nice surprise that every part of my day on the beach was captured.

It was supposed to be a small ceremony, with just 5 of us and that included Jeff and Claire. Come to find out my husband had been conspiring with my family and his for all of them to show up. He had even been on the phone with Jeff and Claire right after me working with them to make it happen and to keep it a secret from me. Apparently Jeff and Claire had helped him pick all of the venues for our special day. It was such a great surprise to walk onto the beach and see 40 people you love standing there. It was like I was the bride in a romantic chick flick. Nate couldn't have pulled it off without Jeff and Claire.

Sent on 12/11/2009

Mercedes D · Married on

Simple Wedding Review

Simple Weddings was so amazing to my husband and I. They were so helpful and made sure that our wedding day was everything we wanted and really listened to how we wanted everything done. They took so much stress out of planning a wedding and were basically our hero’s! They were all so kind and made you feel very comfortable and like you could really trust them. They took care of everything and we’re more help than I could have ever imagined. Truly grateful we hired them and i would recommend using Simple Weddings to anyone wanting to plan a beautiful and stress free wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2018

michael · Married on 06/12/2017

Anthony, We are so sorry this is so late but when you figure we've been together 36 years before we got married. Our friend Marsha was so kind to put this all together, ceremony, music and our wonderful time at Annatas after. I sometimes wish we new alittle more but over all we were thrilled with everything. I'm sending a photo through text. Thanks again, Warren & Michael

Sent on 10/23/2017

We had a destination wedding in Anna Maria Island and we could not have done it without Simple Weddings! From our initial consultation with Anthony to Desiree executing the smallest details, we were completely at ease throughout the process. Desiree dedicated so much time and attention to ensure our event represented us a couple. I couldn't have imagined better a ceremony or atmosphere than she created. Claire was our amazing photographer included with our planning package and did an outstanding job! Her fun spirit and relaxed approach made us comfortable from the moment we met. I highly recommend the professional team at Simple Weddings for any event!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Kira · Married on 03/28/2014

We could not have planned our destination wedding without Amber and Simple Weddings. They customized a package for us that included planning, floral, photography, hair & makeup, officiant and filing, and all of our ceremony and reception decor. There is no way we would have been able to organize all of that from Milwaukee without losing our minds. Amber and her entire team listened to what we were looking for and brought it to life. It turned out more beautiful than we I could have imagined. I can't thank them enough for keeping me sane! We loved every minute of our wedding day!!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Simple Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really enjoyed working with you and Chris to plan all the details. It was a team effort from our crew and the other vendors. Your families were fun and gracious and we appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your special day. We wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Terry

Theresa · Married on 01/27/2019

Beach wedding

I would definitely recommend them for a destination wedding. Very professional and friendly to work with

Sent on 02/16/2019

Simple Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Theresa. It was truly a pleasure working with you and we wish you and George much happiness!

Gina · Married on 01/13/2018

They did a very good job on the wedding. I wasn't that impressed with my photographer. I paid a lot to have my drive sent to me with my pictures on it and all he did was throw it in an envelope. There was no case or anything special about it but charged me $20 to ship it. My only other thing was I paid for music all the way thru picture taking and as soon as the wedding was over they shut it off and cleaned everything up. But the wedding itself was perfect!! Shanna was great and worked very well with me. I would recommend them just not the photographer.

Sent on 01/23/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 12/02/2017

There is so much to say about Simple Weddings! I was definitely hesitant to use them at first, thinking I could task out the things that needed to host a wedding but after talking with Amber she shed some light on how much value their service offers and boy was she right! Her and her team took care of everything! I was so at peace the day of my wedding, knowing that everything was going to be taken care of. She went above and beyond to make my vision happen. My wedding would not have been as perfect or as beautiful without Amber from Simple Weddings.

Sent on 01/30/2018

Danielle -
    Thank you so much for your review and your kind words. I know you had some initial concerns about the need for our services and I know from a budget standpoint it can be hard to spend that extra money, but it was truly a pleasure to work with you and take all of the elements of your vision and create a beautiful day for you and Jason and your families. I am also glad we could add a few extra items to make it really special. I wish you all much love and happiness!

Vanessa · Married on 10/14/2017

Amber is the best! The only thing that was forgotten was our sand ceremony but we didn’t even notice until the end because she did such a great job with her words and her passion is seeing true love join together. She helped us out so much, and even made sure that both my husband and my beliefs were said in our ceremony which was one of the best things ever.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2017

My exprience was very nice and very organized. I appreciated everything each person did for us. I was very happy with how beautiful our wedding turned out. Thankyou.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Helen · Married on 05/12/2016

Simple weddings took the stress out of planning a wedding abroad. Communication was good via email however we did have one slight problem when Sher had to be called away unexpectedly but it was resolved straight away. The wedding was just what we had asked low key easy going and I think you can have your wedding however you want which was just right for us.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/17/2014

Planning a destination wedding is confusing, stressful and requires taking a leap of faith in dealing with vendors. When I started my search, Meagan won me over and made me feel like I could breathe. Kelly took over for the planning and detail part and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I had a few special requests and they not only accommodated them, they went above and beyond. It was a dream come true!

Sent on 06/10/2014

kristin · Married on 04/02/2014

The most perfect, amazing, beautiful day ever! Everything was exactly like we wanted and done with the utmost professionalism and perfection.

Sent on 04/23/2014
  • User3819018 · 2+ years ago

we used this vendor for wedding decor only, we liked the rustic benches and simple elegance of their decorations. It was not so cost effective to do it this way, as they offer full wedding services. we did have a last minute (slight) change in location from the beach to a more protected area a few hundred feet away that was without added drama or hassle. they were quick to set up and tear down and everything looked exactly as we wanted!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Faith · Married on 11/19/2011

Had an amazing time. Very relaxed and very friendly. It's tough not knowing the area and the vendors. Everyone was supportive and even helped us try to save money too. Highly recommend using Simple Weddings.

Sent on 01/14/2012

Nadia · Married on 06/15/2011

Wedding Planner:

Planning a wedding ceremony in another country can be overwhelming however nothing was too much trouble and their service was impeccable, replying quickly to all my emails and concerns. Christine coordinated everything and the whole process went like a dream. We got married at sunset on North Lido Beach, Sarasota, FL and it was amazing. I will never forget my wedding day and would highly recommend Simple Weddings to anyone.

Photographer:

Amazing photography quality!! We worked with Stephanie and her daughter and their professionalism, personality, and photographic ability were excellent. Our wedding was perfect and they captured all of the special moments we wanted. Both, my husband and I, loved our wedding photos and we highly recommend Simple Weddings they couldn’t have provided a better photographer.

Officiant:

Jeff was professional and really attentive to what we wanted for our day. He contacted us a couple of days before the ceremony to go over a few things prior to make sure that everything was in order. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect on a day my husband and I will remember forever. I can not thank Jeff enough for being the perfect officiant, he was funny and attentive and made our day very special indeed

Sent on 07/13/2011

Mark · Married on 07/16/2016

3.5

Outstanding experience. It was even better than expected! Very professional but not too stuffy so it felt very comfortable.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Simple Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Mark. We appreciate you taking the time to review our services. We are so glad you were pleased. We wish you and your lovely bride all the best.

krissen · Married on 10/15/2015

I booked Simple Weddings for my destination wedding in Treasure Island, FL. We were sold on Simple Weddings when I found out they offered a less expensive weekday wedding package, which is what we were interested in.

Overall, I was happy with their services. The decorations and flowers were beautiful and our wedding coordinator and photographer were professional and, for the most part, catered to our needs. My husband, however, was a bit disappointed with the coordinator when he found out there was another wedding taking place that day at the location we were supposed to be set up at and requested we wait for the other ceremony to finish before starting ours. Rather than waiting though (theirs started about 15 minutes before ours), our coordinator set up our ceremony just a few feet away and told us not to worry because we wouldn't be able to hear anything. Ultimately that turned out not to be true and you could hear their music louder than ours. It just so happened that their wedding ended as I was walking down the isle so it sounded like I was walking down to their exit music-- not ideal.

That being said, I would recommend Simple Weddings to others looking planning a destination wedding, as they made the whole process simple and easy, however I wish they would have listened to my husband when he asked to postpone the ceremony for a few minutes.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Laaci · Married on 07/05/2015

I have always wanted to get married on the beach and Simple Weddings made my dream come true! I just did a Google search and after looking at all the other vendors in Florida, Simple Weddings was the best! Megan was very prompt in answering my initial email and getting the date reserved. Then I began working with Amber who was awesome! Amber was very easy to talk to and she made sure I got what I wanted! She gave great advise on what looked good and ideas on décor. She was very flexible when she could talk which made it really easy on my schedule. Amber did a great job the day of the wedding coordinating everyone and getting everyone where they needed to be in a timely manner. I was so amazed at the décor when my dad and I started down the aisle. It was everything that I had expected and more! The crew did a great job on making it look beautiful! The photographer Jonathan did a great job on the pictures! He captured every moment of the special day! I was amazed at how quickly he had them done and returned to me to look at! I would refer any of my family or friends to Simple Weddings because they did an amazing job and made my dream wedding come true!! THANKS AGAIN SIMPLE WEDDING!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Kayla · Married on 07/13/2013

Simple Weddings did a wonderful job helping my husband and I with our ceremony. We had our ceremony on a beach in Florida, but we live in Indiana. I used their website to choose our ceremony location, ceremony package, officiant, wedding coordinator, and photographer. Their wedding packages made planning our ceremony so easy. The staff was helpful, efficient, professional, and kind. I couldn't be happier with our experience. We had our perfect wedding!

Sent on 08/18/2013

Taasha · Married on 06/22/2012

Simple Weddings was great. I would definitely recommend them to people in need of a photographer, venue, officiant, etc. They did the whole package!

Sent on 07/12/2012

April Kendall · Married on 10/11/2018

Planned wedding across the US

Everyone was very helpful. We were able to plan a perfect wedding from across the US all by phone conversations. They provided us and our guests with suggestions of where to stay, travel ideas, and meals while visiting. I found it very helpful and convenient that they offer wedding packages with just about everything you will need! They took our thoughts and ideas and turned it into an amazing beach wedding!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Karen · Married on 08/08/2015

A wonderful group of people to work with! Right from the start, all have been prompt and informative with all their replies. They even went above and beyond answering simple questions by offering other options and ideas. Kelly Manke (my wedding planner/coordinator) was fantastic to work with. She worked out all the details, and didn't miss a thing. Amber Burton Small (owner) did a beautiful job on my hair that held for the entire beach wedding ceremony! No question was too big or too small, they understand nerves and anxiety over the details, and did an amazing job reassuring me it would be a beautiful wedding. And it was! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/20/2015

3.5

Our wedding ceremony looked beautiful with the parasols, aisle flowers and steel drum player. The weather cooperated and all of our guests enjoyed the ceremony.

Sent on 04/26/2013

3.5

Awesome. Jeff was very professional and did a great job.

Sent on 11/08/2012