116 Reviews for A Simple Wedding in Key West

Partial Planning (2)
Civil (2)
Reception (1)
Non-Religious (1)

Our wedding on the beach was everything we had hoped for thanks to Colleen & Gary! From the beginning planning stages to the ceremony, the flowers and the pictures, we could not have been happier! Thank you so much for a beautiful memory that we will treasure always!!! Dawn & Rusty

Profile Picture Dawm, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I would absolutely recommend Colleen and Gary!!! Planning our wedding was simple and flawless. The photos turned out great! And my flowers were beautiful; they are much prettier than the website makes them look. Colleen recommended restaurants for dinner and even set up our dinner reservations for us! They have this down to a science. We captured the beautiful sunset and had a great time capturing our day on the beautiful Key West beach. Thank you both for making our day special and stress free! Sincerely, Charles 'Derek' and Cheryl Hembree

Profile Picture Cheryl, 11/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding day was perfect thanks to Colleen and Gary! They really do make the process simple! They recommended everything from the hair/makeup artist, the restaurant, and places to stay in town. ALL were fantastic choices! They are both such lovely people and they were always quick to answer any questions we had regarding the ceremony and Key West. The ceremony was short, sweet, and beautiful on Smather's beach with the sun setting. We cannot wait to see our photos, the atlantic ocean and palm trees made a gorgeous back drop! I highly recommend them if you are looking for a simple yet beautiful wedding in sunny Key West!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Colleen and Gary were fantastic!! We were met at the dock and did some photos on the beach. We then boarded the Floridays yacht where we had a beautiful, small ceremony with us and our parents. We were even more excited when the CD containing all of the photos arrived in the mail a few weeks after our return home and we saw all of the beautiful photos. Colleen and Gary ensured that our wedding was low stress and a great day - everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Full Planning

I can't say enough good things. Colleen and Gray are the best at what they do. Handled everything professionally and it was SO MUCH more than I ever could have imagined!!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

A Simple Wedding in Key West is the perfect name and Colleen and Gary were a perfect fit for us and our Key West Florida wedding. They make the process of everything from getting a wedding license to choosing a venue, vows and flowers easy to complete, remotely. They manage the details no keep things simple so you can enjoy your wedding with little to no stress. They have some main venues for the ceremony which have something for everyone. Colleen is the officiant and Gary is the photographer so all the bases are covered. Our ceremony was small, intimate, beautiful and very memorable - if we had to do it all again we would choose A Simple Wedding in Key West and strongly recommend them.

Profile Picture Tish, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

This is the perfect vendor for someone looking for exactly what the name says...a simple wedding! We wanted to spend our time in Key West with our best friends, having fun, not planning an extravagant wedding. Colleen & Gary were fantastic!

Profile Picture Brandi, 2/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Civil, Partial Planning

We were very happy with all services and assistance. Colleen and Gary truly helped to make our wedding day special. We appreciate all of the guidance and were very happy with the makeup and hair services provided by Elena as well. We would highly recommend calling Colleen for your wedding needs should be considering a Key West wedding!

Profile Picture Steven, 2/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married recently in the most personal and romantic ceremony we could ever have imagined, on a gorgeous beach in in Key West. It was just the two of us, along with Colleen (our officiant) and Gary (our photographer). Colleen and Gary Guancione's business is called A Simple Wedding in Key West – which was exactly what we were looking for when we decided to make the big leap and began to research how we might be able to pull it off. They were wonderful to work with and made the whole process very easy for us. Colleen helped with all the details, like our marriage license, helping us decide where to stay and where to have our celebratory dinner that evening. Gary is a very accomplished photographer and was able to make the beach look like it was our own little deserted spot in paradise, and make us look better than we ever thought possible! We would highly recommend Colleen and Gary Guancione – and A Simple Wedding, Key West – for any couple looking for a simple, special, and very memorable wedding.

Profile Picture User7897057, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

We couldn't be happier with our wedding. Everything was just as we envisioned it and Colleen was so helpful every step of the way, from the smallest detail. She arranged our dinner reservations for afterwards, recommended a great hair and makeup person and answered every question I had leading up to the big day! The beach was beautiful and Gary got great pics!!

Profile Picture User7475187, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

Colleen and Gary planned a great wedding. Both were extremely friendly and professional. It far exceeded our expectations. The happiest day of our lives thanks to the awesome experience we had! Would not have wanted any other wedding.

Profile Picture Amy, 11/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Absolutely the best wedding planner in Key West. John and I were totally pleased from the day we contacted Colleen to the day we received our awesome pictures from Gary. They went out of their way to make sure every detail was taken are of. I cannot say enough about how special and professional they are. I would recommend them to anyone thinking about getting married in Key West. Without having the stress of planning a wedding, equals a happy and wonderful day!!!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 11/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We just got our photos and we are beyond happy! Colleen and Gary really went above and beyond to make sure that our ceremony was perfect, exactly how we wanted it to be and the photos were amazing! We have a long history together, and they captured our friendship and love for each other perfectly. We can't say enough about our experience! Gary's use of the scenery, sunset, palm trees in the photos really made the pictures pop! Colleen, your ceremony was perfect. She went out of her way to make sure that we had nothing to worry about and stayed in touch with us up until the big day, and beyond. We would recommend this to anyone who wants to have a simple wedding in beautiful Key West Florida!

Profile Picture Sharon and Brian, 10/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

This review is late, but is well deserved. Last year, my husband and I wanted to renew our vows for out 10-year wedding anniversary. We used Colleen and Gary the first time, so it was just a no-brainer to use them a second time. Colleen was just as responsive as the first time and made it so easy and effortless. As we were driving to Key West, days from the ceremony date, we received a telephone call informing us that Colleen was intensive care for a gravely serious medical issue. Literally, while he was holding his wife's hand in the ICU, Gary was calling us to advise us what our options where. Being that we were already en route to Key West, Gary found us another officiant to conduct our ceremony and even checked on us several times to make sure everything was going as planned. I can't express how much these folks are invested in your special day, and will do anything to make sure it goes as planned. Sorry this is so late, but Colleen and Gary you are the best and we will use you again for our next renewal.

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Totally the only way to go! Colleen and Gary were the absolute best to work with. I would recommend them to everyone who wants to get married. They were very easy to work with and they made everything very easy in one small package. Colleen is very organized and Gary is wonderful with his picture taking. Choose them! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture User6909670, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Entertainer, Flowers, Jewelry, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Destination

Colleen and Gary were absolutely fabulous!! They were an absolute joy to work with before, during and after our incredible beach wedding! My bouquet was gorgeous and our photos were just amazing!! We highly recommend them to anyone wanting to get married in the paradise called Key West!!

Profile Picture Brynn & Rick, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had an amazing private wedding thanks to Colleen and Gary. We could tell they've been doing this for years... they were very professional, on time and knowledgeable about the beach. Our pictures were simply beautiful we couldn't wait to share our photos and wedding details with friends and family. During the photo session, Gary actually had my husband smiling and laughing. Colleen performed a tear-jerking wedding ceremony. We would recommend any interested in getting married in Key West, whether you want a large wedding or a private wedding to hire the services of Colleen and Gary. You will not be disappointed. They are truly blessed.

Profile Picture Kimberly & Melvin, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Full Planning, Destination

We absolutely loved working with Colleen and Gary for our very simple wedding in Key West. My husband and I chose to do an intimate simple wedding after thinking about all of the stressful things you have to do for having a big traditional style wedding. We had just bought a house and I had just started a new career; I had no desire what so ever to plan or make center pieces or decorations for a wedding or to plan all the crazy details for a wedding---no thank you! I did a lot of searching online for different officiants and wedding services in Key West before finding Colleen. I watched the video of her explaining the beach and ceremony on YouTube-check it out!- and just knew I would feel comfortable working with her. I didn't feel that way about the other places websites I was looking into. Our package included officiant, flowers-bouquet/hair/boutonniere, photographs, slideshow of photos with music (love it!!), and cake. We chose to have our reception at the Commodore Waterfront (beautiful!!) and Colleen even checked it out and spoke with the restaurant to ensure we had the perfect spot (private patio for party of 5). She delivered our cake to the restaurant as well. Colleen walked us through the ceremony and photographs and made it all so simple! I didn't even see where we would be getting married until i walked up the steps to the beach and it was breathtaking! I have to admit I was anxious (as this is partly why I wanted a private wedding) but Colleen and Gary really helped ease my husband and I's anxiety! It was a beautiful wedding and I honestly don't know why everyone does not get married this way--so easy and stress free and really not that costly for a beautiful background for your wedding and a great vacation for all of your guests.

Profile Picture Kelsey and Luke, 4/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

Colleen and Gary made our simple ceremony in Key West wonderful and special, and most importantly everything went smoothly allowing for the whole process to be stress-free. From our initial contact with Collen via email from Connecticut all the way through to the actual ceremony she and Gary were responsive and informative. Simple instructions on obtaining the marriage license, setting up hair and makeup in our room with Elena as recommended by Colleen (Elena was wonderful!), the beautiful flowers and even the dinner afterwards reserved for us at the Commodore made the whole process a breeze. Colleen and Gary work together like a well-oiled machine and they were a delight to work with. And it goes without saying that Gary is a great photographer...he certainly can get a smile out of anyone easily and took great care selecting just the right spot for the best shot.

We would highly recommend Colleen and Gary to anyone thinking of getting married in Key West who wants a beautiful, simple ceremony with virtually no stress and wonderful memories.

Paige and Jason Walton
Nianric, CT

Profile Picture paige, 2/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

Colleen and Gary helped make our wedding in Key West perfect! We wanted a simple, easy wedding and Colleen was very helpful in the whole process. My flowers were amazing and we love the pictures Gary took. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to get married in Key West

Profile Picture Carrie, 2/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Destination

Colleen and Gary were wonderful to work with. Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect and the pictures were beautiful. Colleen and Gary communicated every step of the way. We were able to have our marriage license well in advance of the ceremony so we would not have anything to do for the wedding once we arrived in Florida. Colleen and Gary provided great recommendations for hair/makeup (Elana), a post wedding restaurant for us to celebrate (Commodore), and another restaurant that we enjoyed the following night (Salute). Colleen, Gary, Captain Bruce, and Captain Ron made our sunset sail wedding a wonderful, fun, and stress free experience.

Profile Picture Steve, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning

Colleen and Gary were wonderful! The ceremony, pictures, help with paperwork processing, ride back to our resort, and tips on local restaurants/attractions were all perfect. We could not have asked for a better overall experience!

Profile Picture Shannon, 2/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I would HIGHLY recommend Colleen and Gary at a Simple Wedding Key West. Every moment of the planning leading up to the actual day was so easy and fun! Colleen and Gary were so professional yet made the whole event so relaxing. My husband is not a fan of having his photo taken, but Gary has a great personality and really got him to open up and get into it! The photos are so beautiful and arrived so quickly after the wedding. Colleen's vows were perfect and she executed the ceremony beautifully. Thank you so much Simple Wedding Key West!

Profile Picture Becky, 11/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Full Planning, Destination

Colleen and Gary provided exceptional assistance in making our destination wedding simple and stress-free. I cannot say enough about Colleen's prompt communication. She also went out of her way just days before the wedding and even the day of our wedding to ensure we had everything ready and required for the ceremony. They generously offered their top recommendations for hotels, restaurants, and "must-sees" before leaving Key West. Both displayed top professionalism and passion for their work. They listened to our wishes for ceremony location and picture poses. They made sure to find the most comfortable spot and beautiful view for a sunset ceremony. Timely work allowed us to receive our marriage license in the mail exactly 2 weeks after our wedding day. There is nothing I would change about the services provided by Colleen and Gary! If you want a FUN wedding destination without worry, go with A simple Wedding in Key West!

Profile Picture Krystle, 10/15/15, 1 Review