Simple to Elegant Weddings Reviews

395 | Kansas City, MO

395 Reviews for Simple to Elegant Weddings

Natalie · Married on 04/25/2015

Reverend Tim and Jan were wonderful! They worked with to create the ceremony we felt was right for us, and were open to all ideas. Also, they are very fun to talk to. Amongst all the craziness the day of, it was nice to have Jan there to help coordinate things. Unfortunately, the weather turned sour on our outdoor wedding, but Tim handled it well so we could just enjoy the moment.

We wanted a very simple, no stress ceremony and that's exactly what Tim provided. We highly recommend Simple2Elegant.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Misty · Married on 04/18/2015

Tim was helpful and friendly throughout the whole process, and the fact that his wife assists him in acting as a wedding coordinator is invaluable - they both kept us on-time and on-target. Plus they are very laid back and good-humored - things you definitely need on a potentially stressful day!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Leslie · Married on 04/18/2015

Mark Wilis did a great job in working with us on our wedding ceremony. He met with us to get a good understanding of who we are and what we wanted in our ceremony. He then sent us several variations of the service to chose from and allowed us to piece our own ceremony together and make it all our own. It was a very special day and Mark was fantastic in help to make the day perfect for us, our family and friends.

Sent on 05/06/2015

tricia · Married on 04/07/2015

Gabe was our officiant earlier this year for our wedding. First off, he was amazing! Secondly, he is so nice and friendly and flexible and accommodating and funny! And third, he is AMAZING! I can not tell you how much we loved him! He is very quick on his feet also, my husband and I wanted to change things up and instead of doing a unity candle or the sand ceremony we got a monogram brand made and burned it into a piece of wood..well someone forgot to put the brand in the fire so it was not in there long enough, needless to say it was a fail with a half burned monogram in the wood but Gabe was quick to think of something and made everyone laugh and not even notice the little mishap. I would definitely recommend anyone who is trying to find someone to go with Gabe, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Megan · Married on 03/27/2015

We loved working with Tim and Jan Brooks! They were so nice, and they really helped us think through all the tiny details of the wedding ceremony. If not for them, I know our day would not have gone as smoothly as it did!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Tiffany · Married on 03/14/2015

Rev Tim and his wife were very helpful and did a great job with our wedding. Had super flexibility and were very professional and caring! would recommend to anyone! Thanks again.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Samantha · Married on 02/28/2015

Mark Willis did my mom's ceremony back in October 2014, that's how we were referred to him. He was terrific and very nice. He listened to us and made sure that everything we wanted in the ceremony would be included.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Karl · Married on 02/14/2015

When planning our wedding we were unsure about many things.... after reaching out to Simple to Elegant and Rev. Gabe Combs we knew that it was the right choice for us. S2E and Gabe's experience, understanding and responsiveness made everything so EASY! Our wedding went great and we had many people praising our Reverend Mr. Combs! We would highly recommend the premarital counseling also, we enjoyed it so much that we were sad after the last session due to missing Gabe and our sessions.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Lynn · Married on 12/31/2014

Reverend Brooks was amazing!! I felt an instant connection with him on my initial phone call. He was very professional and was very accommodating to my specific wishes. He was definitely the right match for officiating our wedding. I would highly recommend his services to anyone!!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Shay · Married on 12/27/2014

Reverend Melissa Brooks did a wonderful job as our officiant. The groom and myself live halfway across the country, so we had to meet via Skype- after our first consultation, we knew we were in good hands and immediately sent a signed contract so we could lock her down for our wedding date!

She supplied ceremony ideas that we were able to piece together and modify to fit exactly what we envisioned- she was so comforting the day of the wedding and extremely professional!

We had a lot of guests comment on how great she was and I can't imagine anyone doing a better job!

Thanks Melissa :)

Sent on 12/29/2014

Bryan · Married on 12/13/2014

Gabe Combs married my wife Sarah and I on the 13th of December - and I could not have expected or asked for a better officiant.

We did not have a typical wedding, we surprised our family and friends at our home and Gabe was very open to this idea and actually was able to pull from other similar events he had done to help us - a true bonus there.

Throughout the entire process of meeting him and discussing what we would like he was very communicative and prompt with items and details that we needed to know. I would recommend Gabe to anyone getting married and if they were a friend or family member I would almost insist that they get in touch with him before making final decisions.

He made a special day that much better!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Josh · Married on 12/13/2014

A couple of months before our wedding we contacted Gabe Combs and he was very prompt in responding to our contact and setting up a time to meet. When we sat down with Gabe it felt like we already knew him. He was very personable and obviously very experienced in the duties of an Officiant. He gave us many suggestions without ever pushing an idea on us. He wanted us to have the wedding exactly as we envisioned it and was there to help with any questions we had. I feel we were truly lucky in landing Gabe as our Officiant and I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 01/29/2015

Melissa · Married on 11/14/2014

Rev Tim Brooks was absolutely amazing! When we met with him for the first time, we knew immediately that this is who we wanted to marry us. He was so personable and knew exactly what we wanted. He has a natural way of just making you feel at ease. His wife was with us as well and she was such a major help in coordinating things for us. She did so much running around for us the day of our wedding. We truly believe that Rev Tim and his wife were such a major part in making our wedding going so smoothly. Our wedding guests were complimenting us regarding Rev Tim. He's was awesome!!!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Adriane · Married on 11/08/2014

I had the perfect wedding ceremony. The officiant, Gabe Combs, was exactly what both my husband and I had dreamed of. While we are both spiritual, we were not looking for a ceremony that was just scripture-based. Gabe provided the perfect medium to what we were looking for; he tailored the service to exactly what we wanted. And talk about a likable guy! We had so many people come up to us after the wedding to ask who he was because his message really hit home for many people. In fact, his words of love and life helped two brothers who weren't speaking mend their relationship. I would recommend Gabe to anyone and everyone (from highly religious to not religious at all); he will provide you with a ceremony that you will never forget. He made our wedding so special!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Sheena · Married on 11/01/2014

We hired Mark to officiate our wedding and were very satisfied! He did a great job of keeping the bridal party's attention during the rehearsal and keeping the ceremony structure. I had 6 flower girls and he was very patient with them as well. He has a great delivery and really made our ceremony memorable and flawless. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/17/2014

I would highly recommend Reverend Tim. He made the entire process easy and enjoyable. He provided us with plenty of options to customize our ceremony to meet our individual needs. He was punctual, professional, and affordable.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/12/2014

I would highly recommend Rev. Tim Brooks. He did an amazing job!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Erica · Married on 10/11/2014

We wanted a secular service but we have some family with very traditional views. Gabe did an amazing job including our beliefs and our families without anyone feeling uncomfortable.

Sent on 02/09/2015

Kelli · Married on 10/10/2014

My fiancé and I wanted to have a very special wedding that was unique only to us. Mark was so helpful throughout the planning process and we were able to give him ideas that he transformed into something even better. He was open to our ideas and when it came time to the wedding day, Mark made it perfect! Our guests kept telling us how great he did, and we thought so too! Mark, thanks for being a part of our special day and delivering exactly what we were looking for!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Rev. Mark Willis was exceptional! We were very impressed with the professionalism and he made our ceremony touching and memorable. Impeccable delivery, we would recommend his services to anyone.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Hillary · Married on 09/27/2014

He was absolutely wonderful. He was professional and the whole ceremony was wonderful. It wasn't just a script he really puts thought into it and it spoke to both my husband and myself! I would recommend him to all my family and friends.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/27/2014

I would recommend his services to anyone. The ceremony was beautiful and flawless. I can't say enough wonderful things about Rev. Tim and his wife. We appreciate their attention to the details and guiding us through the day.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Christina · Married on 09/21/2014

Rev. Tim was a fantastic choice for our wedding. He is sincere, witty, and quick (especially when I couldn't repeat after him because I was crying too much). His humor was a nice touch that everyone enjoyed. He provided us with a ton of options and examples so we could put together our perfect ceremony. Although I can't remember much of what was said, the video and everyone's reaction was proof enough that we picked the right officiant.

Sent on 10/22/2014

We only had a couple of weeks to notify Reverend Tim of our wedding ceremony. Even with a full schedule, he was able to accommodate us. It was a memorable ceremony because he allowed us to personalize our vows. Thank you Reverend Tim!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Aavril · Married on 09/13/2014

We chose Gabe Combs as the officiant at our ceremony. We also elected to go to pre-marital counseling with him, which provided invaluable lessons and tools for my husband and I. Once we were done with the sessions, we actually were sad that we couldn't go to more! We both found it very therapeutic and Gabe talked us through it all and was non-judgmental.

The ceremony was great, as well. Gabe is funny, but also serious. He can make your guests laugh and he also knows when to be serious. My husband, who gets very anxious before any social activity, later told me that he wasn't sure if he would have been as calm as he was without Gabe. He said that Gabe guided him through pre-ceremony and the processional, made him laugh, and kept him calm and focused. I was so happy that we chose Gabe just for that reason alone!

If I ever sent Gabe an email, he would respond quickly, sometimes within minutes! This was really helpful because my husband travels a lot for his job, and he was very flexible and understanding of our situation. He answered all my questions about the ceremony that I had, and even provided a run-down of it so I could use it in my programs. He let us do traditional vows and read our own to each other. He sent us packets of readings, verses, and special quotes that we selected and chose to create our ceremony, which was also very helpful because being a busy bride and groom, it was easy to go through the packets together and select which are the favorites and which have a lot of meaning to you as a couple, rather than hunting for them on your own. He filled in between the selected parts to make it flow smoothly and he even gave us some ideas to incorporate into our ceremony that people really enjoyed (wine box sealing and roses to parents).

We later found out that our friends also had Gabe at their ceremony and had an equally awesome experience. :) I would recommend Gabe to anyone - he can do it all! We miss Gabe already!

Sent on 10/28/2014