Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor Reviews

Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor 2
Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor 3
Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor 4

Stephanie · Married on 10/26/2013

We really love the venue. Everyone who works at Simple Gatherings was so warm and welcoming. We also felt that everything that was included with the price was reasonable and even beat out several of their competition. There were a couple of hick ups in regards to communication between staff at our event. We were told there was a shift change that could have been the reason for this. Overall we had a great wedding and our guests really enjoyed it.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Cassie · Married on 06/12/2010

4.2
      3.5

Four Oaks Manor is a beautiful venue, and offered a great back drop for the ceremony. There were only a few draw backs: first of all they are a relatively new venue and I don't believe they have all the kinks work out yet. The head of the venue and the wedding coordinator (provided by the venue) are a father-daughter team. I felt as though they had some communication issues through out the whole process. Another issue with the venue was their sound system. One of the reasons we chose this venue was because of the sound system. We hoped the sound system would help us save money on a DJ. If I could do it again I would have brought in a DJ that could provide his own speakers. Several of the speakers at the venue were blown which made it almost impossible for anyone outside the carriage house to hear the music or the speeches. And lastly I felt the staff was very helpful all the way up until the wedding its self. We had the venue until 11, but it felt they were rushing us out of there. They forced my Bridesmaids to go clean out the room at 9 PM which really distracted from the celebration. All in all I have great memories from my wedding I just wish a few things could have been improved.

Sent on 08/04/2010

3.5

If you're looking for an affordable wedding venue in Gwinnett this is the place. They planned everything for us! It rained on our spring wedding day- but they had everything under control. I would recommend getting the tents if it rains on your wedding day as well (have you heard-it's good luck!)

Food is delicious as well, I had many people compliment us on how good the food was. Overall, a great value and a beautiful wedding venue.

Sent on 01/04/2014

3.8
      3.0

This venue was beautiful. It was reasonably priced for the services they provided. I loved that I was able to bring in my own alcohol and didn't incur a serving fee. The people that worked there were friendly.
    The issues that occurred weren't horrible but more frustrating than anything. We were quoted different cost at two different times. The payments were confusing and we ended up overpaying. Once I calculated all the payments we had made we when then given a refund, since I proved that we had over payed.
    There was a lot of confusion about getting our music set up. Since I didn't live close to the venue that was a headache to drive out there and deliver music twice to them.
    Lastly, with all the chaos of the day my husband forgot to pack up his wedding gift from me which was a nice bottle of cologne and expensive hair product. Upon discovering this we called and they had no idea what we were talking about. Since it was only him and his groomsmen (all close guy friends) it was hard for me to image that this could have been stolen out of his room in the house.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2013

3.8
      2.5

Leading up to our wedding, the experience was amazing. The staff was really helpfull and genuinely seemed to care about our experience at their venue. At the rehearsal is when everything began to go downhill. Our coordinator didn't have anything organized. The seating was planned and she wasn't going by what we set. She said she didn't have that email. On the wedding day the venue looked absolutely perfect and the food they catered for us was delicious. The only real problem I had with the whole experience was the inflexibility and unprofessionalism of the provided wedding coordinator on the day of our wedding. She was pretty rude from the beginning of the day and started sending people to the wrong seats after we decided to put namecards down to eliminate the confusion that occured at the rehearsal. She then played my wedding songs out of order even though the song titles and order of songs were addressed repeatedly before showtime. Our coordinator was also very rude and pushy throughout the entire reception. She never really allowed us to flex how I wanted us to. Another problem was she never showed anyone where favors were or where our signature board was. To top it off, the next day I had several family members, including my mother (who paid for the wedding!) tell me that she was incredibly rude toward my guests. Not exactly the kind of experience I want my guests to remember from my wedding. I would recommend the venue based soley on the fact that it is a beautiful backdrop for a wedding, but would also strongly recommend watching whoever your coordinator is.

Sent on 12/23/2013
  • Yuan

Yuan · Married on 03/24/2012

3.6
      3.5

In general I was disappointed with staff at simple gatherings.

First of all, our wedding coordinator could not be at our wedding, which was ok with us because she had another important wedding to go But apparently, the owner and his wife who were supposed to be in charge on our wedding day did not communicate with her enough.

So several things went wrong:
    1) the signing table was not set up right, at all. and no enough assistance,. Since we used traditional Chinese calligraphy set, i understand it was a little hard but not really. I spent a decent amount of time and money on getting the stuff ready and it was not presented right, at all. I even sent them a picture showing where to put everything.

2) there was no runner on the aisle. !!!oh man i was shocked.

3) we created our own playlist for the after reception party and gave the ipod to them at least 5 hours in advance so they had enough time to get it ready. But nope, we were told that there was something wrong with the dancing room so it could not be played.

Then, the FOOD. You pretty much have to use their food, which I do not have a problem with, if they can guarantee the quality of food and services. But nope! we paid $30 for each person to have a food tasting and it was good, so my mother-iin-law did the rehearsal with them, and the food that day was horrible. the dishes were kinda dirty too. They told us they used a different chef. For the actual wedding day, a couple guests told me the food was good.

well, it's not like they did not do everything right. But even if only one thing went wrong, it could really be annoying. Especially in my case, there are more than a couple things!

It is a beautiful place, we wish we had better memories.

Sent on 04/25/2012

3.4
      3.0

While touring the venue, we specifically spoke about an open bar with mixed drinks. Several months after we signed the contract and had our first planning meeting we were told they were a beer and wine facility only. We were also told if they didn't have my colors for table runners, they would gladly order them at no cost to me because another bride was sure to use them later. At our first meeting , I was told that they didn't have my color and the owner didn't like to order new ones. During the wedding, the coordinators were always hidden away and we had to find them when ever we ran out of something or needed something. In my opinion they should know to check on if the dishes were running low- the other half was still in the dish washer from the night before. All that said, it was a beautiful venue and we still had a wonderful wedding. I wish I could say my guests didn't notice these issues but they did and it didn't help that the caterer they required us to use ran out of food early

Sent on 12/31/2013

Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor's reply:

Thank you for your review. Could you please provide the date of your event so I can address these issues with my staff?

Chrisi · Married on 05/28/2017

3.2
      2.5

The Four Oaks Manor was absolutely beautiful and at the end of the day we had an amazing wedding. The venue itself was gorgeous and it provided the relaxed feel we were looking for. The day of the wedding ran smoothly. The food was delicious and the fire pit and s'mores added a unique touch to the wedding. The Four Oaks Manor is also amazing in that they take care of most of the details for you which is supposed to relieve stress, but be careful in that because we ended up experiencing a lot of glitches along the way that made it more stressful than it needed to be. In our first meeting with Ellen we were told that if we used Laurens Florals we'd get a 1430 floral allowance and if we didn't we'd still get charged a set up fee, so we chose to use Laurens Florals for our flowers and then 2 days before the wedding I got a call from Lauren telling me that the Four Oaks wasn't going to pay the floral allowance so we still owed him the 1430. We called the Four Oaks and eventually were able to resolve the situation but it turned out that somewhere along the way Ellen had marked that we weren't using them and had charged us accordingly but in the meetings I had told them that I had met with Lauren and decided on certain flowers, etc. so I was under the impression that they knew we were using Lauren and that we had been charged accordingly. Additionally, at the rehearsal we learned that they had not yet charged us for the dance floor while we were under the impression that we had paid for everything when we submitted our final payment 2 weeks before the wedding. Both of these miscommunications caused a lot of unnecessary stress the week of the wedding, and meant that we ended up making more payments after we thought the final payment had been made. Additionally there were some little details that I had communicated to The Four Oaks that fell through such as not having enough mics during the ceremony.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Mary · Married on 03/22/2013

1.6
      1.5
      1.5
      1.0
      1.0

Not enough room here to provide the feedback needed to warn future brides! Please read reviews about our experience:\r\n\r\nhttp://local.yahoo.com/info-46491408-simple-gatherings-buford\r\n\r\nhttp://www.yellowpages.com/buford-ga/mip/simple-gatherings-22256929#reviews\r\n\r\nhttp://local.weddingchannel.com/Wedding-Vendors/Simple-Gatherings-at-Four-Oaks-Manor-Profile?ProfileId=582136\r\n\r\n

Sent on 10/11/2013