Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor Reviews

Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor 2
Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor 3
Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor 4

Melissa · Married on 10/18/2013

I'm more than satisfied with my experience with this venue and there staff. From the owner Randy his daughter laura and the cheif !!! It was the amazing night of my life I married my best friend and worried about nothing. The planning process was so easy my planner laura did everything!; the venue was beyond beautiful. The florist they use larurens was awesome my flowers were beyond amazing!!! It truely was a dream come true wedding that was a amazing night!!! I think of my wedding day and just smile thank you so much for the night of my life!!!!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor's reply:

Thanks, Melissa. You were an angel to work with, and we are extremely happy that you were so pleased! Thanks for letting us be a part of your wedding day! We wish you and Tim all the best!

Brittany · Married on 07/20/2013

The atmosphere and overall ambience contributed to a spectacular event. Randy the owner and the entire staff were diligent with ensuring everything was promptly coordinated as planned and exceeded our expectations. Our dreams were truly fulfilled. We would recommend this venue to any bride....

Sent on 07/27/2013

Brittany · Married on 07/20/2013

Four Oaks Manor made the vision for my wedding become so much more than I could have imagined. Working with the staff was a pleasure and Laura was so great during the process. I could not have picked a better venue to have my special day. They made sure the grounds were kept and all the flowers were beautiful. They set up everything beautifully and did everything we asked. They made the whole planning process stress free and easy. I would recommend Four Oaks Manor to anyone. It is a perfect place for your special day.

Sent on 01/15/2014

Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor's reply:

Thanks, Brittany. It was our pleasure to host your wedding and reception at Four Oaks Manor. We are happy that you and Greg were so pleased. We wish you both great happiness!

Four Oaks Manor was a wonderful find for my wedding venue. I always envisioned an outdoor garden wedding that through planning transformed into a fun summer evening wedding surrounded by lush greenery. Their staff was excellent in assisting with the planning process. I was planning the wedding from Rome, GA and they were always able to provide evening appointments so that my mother, fiancé, and I could attend them easily. The only thing I was not able to attend was the tasting due to work, but I had family members attend their tastings, and on the wedding day I was very impressed with the food. They make the day of the wedding a breeze. We were able to drop off the decor, favors, and such a few days before the wedding and they handled all of the set up, including putting up tents for the rain on our wedding day. It was so nice not to have to decorate, but to be able to enjoy the wedding day and admire the details. It was exactly what I wanted in a wedding venue. They made it simple to plan with vendor recommendations, planning meetings, and handled everything the day of. We are still getting compliments about our wedding. The setting was wonderful, guests were able to roam between the carriage house and tents and outdoor paths. I would highly recommend Four Oaks Manor because it made being the bride easier.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Amy · Married on 06/15/2013

I absolutely CANNOT say enough good things about Four Oaks as a venue, and also the amazing people who work there! We had a small wedding/reception, and Four Oaks was the perfect venue for our more laid-back, kid-friendly event, and the staff was AMAZING! From the initial planning to the day of the event our coordinator, Laura, was attentive and responsive. We didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day...the Four Oaks staff had everything handled seamlessly and with no issues. Everything was fantastic, and I couldn't have asked for a better venue or better people to work with!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Jaymie · Married on 06/14/2013

Everything about this venue was perfect. I just had my wedding (June 2013) and the site could not have been more beautiful. Leah and Madison were always there to help and accommodate my wants and needs. The food was delicious, the decor was rustic and romantic, the staff were all great. Everyone loved my wedding, it is a day my husband and I will never forget and if I had to do it all over again I would definitely go with Simple Gatherings.

Sent on 06/26/2013

leah · event on 05/05/2013

Thank you very much:) we had a great day with family and friends

Sent on 12/23/2013

Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor's reply:

Thanks, Leah! We are glad that you allowed us to be a part of your wedding day, and that you were so pleased with our efforts! We wish you and Curtis all the best!

Elizabeth · Married on 03/29/2013

Simple Gatherings and their coordinators are the finest group of people I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. My wedding was truly a day of ease. They say the bride is supposed to have the most perfect day of her life and I am here to say if there was a problem they handled it because I can't remember a single thing from that day that wasn't perfect! I love you guys!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth. We were so happy that you and Scott selected us for your wedding and reception, and we are even happier that we were able to make your day so special! We love you too!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2012

This place and people are amazing! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Madison · Married on 03/30/2012

I cannot begin to describe how wonderful our wedding was. This 1920's home is full of character and charm. Four Oaks Manor was an absolute dream to work with. They were accommodating and cooperative in creating my vision. The venue and grounds is beautiful, especially when in full bloom! I am so glad we chose to have our special day at Simple Gatherings. Even with an 80% chance of rain on our wedding day, Randy and Jessica insured that my wedding not be affected by a little rainfall. Luckily, the rain held off, but Simple Gatherings was able to put up the tents for us, and the show went on! The dinner was exceptional. Our guests are still raving about it! Every element of our wedding was just lovely. Thank you, Four Oaks Manor.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Brittany · Married on 06/11/2011

Four Oaks Manor is the perfect setting for a casual or formal outdoor wedding. Randy and Courtney are very nice and laid back. They will make sure everything goes smoothly. The food was great and plenty of it. I searched forever for the perfect outdoor wedding location and found them to be the best for the money. Only a couple glitches...they are not the best bookeepers so ask for a receipt of payment. Also, be sure to look at the silk flowers they use because mine were supposed to be light pink and they used hot pink. Other than that though everything was perfect! Would defenitly check them out. The grounds are beautiful!

Sent on 06/29/2011

Pat · Married on 05/14/2011

Simple Gatherings @ Four Oaks proved to be a special experience for the wedding of my daughter and son-in-law. As Mother of the Bride, my job was huge. They provided professional guidence that proved invaluable. The venue is lovely and the food/reception was exceptional. The pricing is fair and quite flexible. Because the staff is so organized and professional it was a delightful day and the time flew by. I had no worries and could enjoy the whole wonderful experience. Thank you.

Sent on 05/19/2011

Joan · Married on 04/10/2010

My daughter just got married this past weekend at Simple Gatherings @ Four Oaks Manor. I can honestly say this wedding venue is absolutely one of the best I have ever seen. Everything was beautiful, the house, carriage house and grounds are just gorgeous! The outdoor garden and flowers are beautiful, and they have this huge tree in the center out back that was in full bloom with pink blooms last weekend which only added to the lovely charm of the beautiful grounds. This venue is elegant but not stuffy, making you and your guest feel right at home. The food was excellent and the staff are extremely nice and professional and they went to great efforts to make my Daughter's wedding everything she dreamed of. You must check this venue out if you are planning an upcoming wedding, the place is beautiful, the staff is very professional and so friendly and includes a wedding coordinator to help make your wedding day special and stress free.

We would just like to say thank you to the entire staff at Simple Gatherings @ Four Oaks Manor for making my Daughter's dream wedding come true. :)

Joan Seaton

Sent on 04/14/2010

Alexandra · Married on 04/03/2010

I could go on for days about how great this place is!! Randy, his daughter Courtney, and his entire crew are AMAZING! I planned my wedding in less than 4 months, from 1400 miles away. Randy was willing to work to make my very detailed visions come true. It was perfect. They really went above and beyond my expectations.
    And the food. To. die. for. Seriously, I wish I had gone back for seconds. We were able to tailor the menu to my theme (very Southern). I got everything I wanted. All my guests really enjoyed the food, the bonfire, the s'mores, and the entire atmosphere. I wish I could have all of them write reviews, because I know theirs would be just as glowing as mine.
    If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing about Four Oaks. They really and truly are a beautiful, magical place. A dream to work with and a dream setting.

Sent on 04/05/2010

Barley · Married on 08/22/2009

My now husband and I wanted to get married close to home but far away from the realities of everyday life. We had friends and family coming from ALL over but had a VERY tight budget and we were planning in less than four months. We looked at a couple places and the second that we met Randy and walked through the front door at Four Oaks Manor we knew that was the place for us. The house is gorgeous and quaint with beautiful gardens. It felt like you were far away from our lives but in reality we were only 5 miles from home. Kelle became my wedding planner and both she and Randy were able to work with our budget as well as ALL the kids we had and the food allergies that we have. Kelle met with me on several occasions and used such creativity to achieve my exact vision. The decorations were better than I could have ever imagined they could be, and totally made the ambiance perfect for our outdoor casual family oriented wedding with low country boil. After all was said and done my wedding day was AMAZING! We started with a luncheon for all the women in the morning and it was perfect. The food was amazing and the timing was perfect. The wedding went off without a hitch and Randy and Kelle were so accommodating even with last minute changes made the day of the wedding. They even provided a pack n play and baby monitors for the infants! The FOOD is still being talked about as being the BEST that anyone has ever had at a wedding thanks to Ryan and his staff. They took into consideration my gluten allergy as well as the budget and the variety of folks we had at the wedding.

I recommend Four Oaks Manor to anyone that wants to have the most wonderful day of their lives to remember and to work with people that are genuine, accommodating, and friendly and almost like part of the family when all is said and done!!

Sent on 10/20/2009

Sarah · Married on 07/18/2009

My husband and I decided that we wanted to get married, but we wanted to do it on a tight schedule and budget. Randy and Courtney helped us to achieve both! They left us visit the venue multiple times so that we could get all of our ducks in a row. They also recommended a wonderful cake designer to use for our wedding. They helped me so much with every small detail of the wedding. We would never have been able to have such a romantic and beautiful wedding at any other venue. Randy is always very prompt with returning email and phone calls which is a huge deal when you are on a tight schedule. I wouldn't have changed anything about our wedding day. Simple Gathering (Randy and Courtney) at Four Oaks made it perfect and low stress.

Sent on 08/28/2009

Susan · Married on 05/30/2009

From the moment I contacted Four Oaks Manor about hosting our wedding I knew it would be the perfect place. After meeting the owner, Randy West, our minds were completely at ease and we new our long search was over. He and his staff took care of everything from the first moment until the wedding and reception were over. They were very open to our ideas and input and listened well throughout the whole process. They had numerous wonderful suggestions as well.

My fiance and I had no doubt that everything would be exactly as we expected and we were wrong! It was better than we could have ever imagined! We cannot thank Randy and his staff enough for making this day a dream come true!

Susan and Jim

Sent on 10/17/2009

Kelly · Married on 04/18/2009

Simple Gatherings is one of those hard to find (or only) venues that when you walk in it's like putting on your wedding dress for the first time - you know it's the one! They are beyond helpful and accomadating to anything you want to do. They are ready with answers before you even know your going to ask a question. They have solutions for every possible hiccup that could come along, always with you and your day in mind. I worked primarily with 3 people here, Randy, Courtney, and Kelli - but many were there to help the day of my wedding - what an amazing team. They did my catering, my decorations, the setup. EVERYTHING - I didn't have to worry about a thing. My cake also came from a connection to SG, Carly - it was just as incredible as the venue - I highly recommend her as well!
    I had walked into so many venues before coming to them and it had always felt like a business transaction. When we sat down with Randy for the first time you could tell that he really did care about not only the even that would take place but the people having the event. I wasn't exactly having the most traditional wedding and was afraid I didn't know how to make everything I wanted happen - but they did! They had everything. What a great thing they have going on - I can only hope that more people find out about them and expierence the great day that I had because of Simple Gatherings!

Sent on 04/28/2009

Mia · Married on 10/22/2011

It was a true blessing to find Four Oaks Manor. We wanted to find a venue with an open concept for guests to have room to roam, and Four Oaks Manor fit the bill. From the dance floor, to the bar, to the fire pit, to the tables under the string lights... it was fabulous. Not only was the venue a dream, the staff was phenomenal! Courtney, the coordinator, listened to my ideas and ran with it. When I told her I wanted a certain element for my centerpieces, but wasn't sure how to get it, she told me "don't worry about it." Sure enough, she got the items I wanted! There was one moment when I got to the rehearsal and Courtney wasn't there, but Randy, the owner of Four Oaks Manor, jumped in and walked everyone through the day. I was concerned there would be a disconnect for the next day, but no such thing! The wait staff on the wedding day was professional and helpful. I liked the a la carte style pricing, where I could choose what elements I wanted/needed and the flat price was based on that. Very cool and affordable. When I think back to my wedding day, I know it was the perfect place for my husband and I.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2016

We could not of picked a more perfect venue for our wedding. It was very easy and straight forward. If we had an issue or concern they did accommodate and made us feel at ease. Thank you to Emily, Randy, and the whole team!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Mandy · Married on 03/10/2012

When we saw Four Oaks, we knew it was the place for our reception. It had a southern vintage feel. It was outside ... and inside. There were blooming plants and trees. It was great.

The main concern for us was the money. It was much more costly than our original reception site budget included. When we voiced our concerns to the owner, he indicated that he would work with us! Yay!

Four Oaks Manor went above and beyond in helping us to create the reception we truly desired recognizing that we were having a Catholic ceremony and thus unable to use the site for our ceremony. His team worked together to create a beautiful reception location using furniture we provided. They worked with us with regards to finances.

We would definitely recommend them to future brides!

Sent on 06/10/2012
  • Tracie

Tracie · Married on 09/21/2019

I had my wedding at Four Oaks Manor in Sept of 2011. The grounds were beautiful and it was really easy to work with Randy and Courtney (owner and coordinator). I researched MANY venues in the metro atlanta area, and Four Oaks was definately the best for the money. Many of my guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to and they loved the venue. The food was amazing but we ran out of green beans; only about 2/3 of our guests got them. Also, there were a few decorations that I had talked about with Courtney that weren't used at my wedding, but at the end of the day it was so beautiful it didnt matter. I really would recommend this venue, especially to brides who are on a budget but dont want to have to cut out important parts to make their vision a reality.

Sent on 09/28/2011

Helpful with planning and worked in a lot of our request without issues.

Sent on 12/30/2013
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 03/31/2012

We had our ceremony only at Four Oaks and it was the perfect day! The weather was beautiful and all of the flowers were blooming thanks to a very mild winter! The venue was exactly what we were looking for with its Southern and rustic charms. It is a nice alternative to the plantation style houses that are in the area.

Randy and Jessica made sure that everything was set up to our specifications which was taken care of during several meetings prior to our wedding date. We were able to come and see the property anytime and were able to bring our family members to take "the tour". We only had one glitch in communication during our 9 month time span of conversations during the wedding planning process, which was not bad and was worked out.

The property is very well maintained and Randy is constantly planting new flowers so that there is always something in bloom. It made for some gorgeous pictures! We would recommend this venue for ceremonies!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Lindsey · Married on 10/05/2013

This event venue is absolutely gorgeous. I am still getting comments and feedback from guests at our wedding who said the Four Oaks Manor venue was the most gorgeous venue they had seen.
    All of the staff at this venue is incredibly helpful and they do everything they can to provide the best event possible. My wedding turned out to be magical, and I owe it all to the lovely folks at Four Oaks Manor. The grounds are breathtaking, the food is delicious, the wedding coordinator is on top of EVERYTHING, the wait staff is always coming around to pick up plates for the guests, and the entire evening is just magical if you chose to use Four Oaks Manor.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Simple Gatherings at Four Oaks Manor's reply:

Thank you, Lindsey. Four Oaks is a magical place. We are glad you and Jake liked it so much. It was our pleasure to do what we could to make your day so special. We wish you only happiness and joy!