Simple Elegance in Cake Design Reviews

30 Reviews for Simple Elegance in Cake Design

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

30 Simple Elegance in Cake Design Reviews

Joan · Married on 10/17/2014

Dane took my ideas and photos and made a cake that not only turned out exactly like I'd envisioned it, but he somehow made it look even better. It was beautiful. My guests said our cake was some of the best they'd ever tasted. Once I told Dane what I wanted and selected my flavors, I never had to think about it again. Everything was perfect and it was great to have at least one thing I knew I didn't have to worry about for the wedding day.

Sara · Married on 04/20/2013

Dane came very highly recommended as having the best tasting cake in town, and we are so glad we chose him to design our wedding cake. He is a true professional with an eye for detail, and his cake flavors are extraordinary and delicious! He was easy to work with, our cake was flawless and it arrived on time. I can't wait to order more special occasion cakes from him again!

Jackie · Married on 09/01/2012

Can I just say OUTSTANDING!?! We worked with Dane for our wedding cake. We had a destination wedding in Vegas so I went by all of the reviews as well as a recommendation by our reception coordinator. I called one other place before choosing Simple Elegance in Cake Design, and decided to go with Dane as he promptly responded to my questions I left for him in a voicemail. He was very courteous and was very flexible with how we wanted our cake. Not only did the cake come out beautiful, it was absolutely delicious! We went with the strawberries and cream cake. I had 2 pieces and I had a friend who had 3 pieces! I don't think there was a crumb left over. I've heard stories of how fondant may not taste so great, but Dane's/his chef's recipe is AWESOME! He also made paying for the cake easy and it was done securely. I did not have to do any following up with him, as he followed up with me as he said he would, to confirm the head count and that we were still a go for our big day (made my life easier with all the vendors I had to work with).
    I ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND SIMPLE ELEGANCE IN CAKE DESIGN!

Laurie · Married on 11/20/2011

We had used Dane for my Cousin's wedding and everyone raved about the cake.
    It was a beautiful heart shaped cake in three tasty flavors.

So we did not hesitate to use him for our cake last weekend.

I let him choose the flavor of the cake, and even left the design of the cake up to him using fall colors.

The cake tasted Great, and was the perfect amount.
    There were flowers used in centerpieces and through out the room.
    Dane took the left over bits and made it tie in with the decor of the room.
    It was perfect.

I can't wait for our next occasion to order another cake.
    Thanks Mister Dane!!

Megan · Married on 11/05/2011

PHENOMENAL!!! AMAZING!!! DELICIOUS!!!

I had the pleasure of being one of Dane's first Tampa Bay brides. Not once was I disappointed with his professionalism or quality of work.

The wedding cake was one of the most important aspects of the wedding for my husband and I. After having been to several weddings with poor tasting cakes, we were determined to find a baker who could create a beautiful AND delicious cake. Dane of Simple Elegance is that person!

I met with 6 other bakers prior to Dane. Each of them could create a beautiful cake. However, half of their cakes tasted like store-brand box mix and the other half were way too overpriced. I was starting to wonder if it was possible to find an affordable yet delicious wedding cake.

I was just about to give up when I met with Dane. During our first session, he brought 6 unique cake combinations to try. EVERY SINGLE FLAVOR WAS AMAZING! Each flavor was perfect; it actually made it difficult to choose a flavor for our cake!

Prior to our wedding, my husband and I ordered 4 different cake toppers to enjoy; including one for our anniversary. Every single cake was amazing!

I ended up ordering both the wedding cake and the groom's cake from Dane. The wedding cake was white cake with pear brandy filled with Bavarian cream and chocolate shavings. Many of our wedding guests were going back for seconds and commented that it was the best wedding cake they have ever had! The guests were also very impressed by the cake design (we ordered the white chocolate petal cake). The groom's cake was just as amazing. Dane created a realistic alligator cake for my gator-fan husband! People didn't even realize that it was a cake until we cut into it!

Dane, it has been a true pleasure working with you! I am honored to be your first Tampa Bay bride and will definitely use you for our future confectionary needs! Honestly, I don't think I can wait 1 year to cut into our cake topper!!!

STOP LOOKING FOR BAKERS, Dane Bethea of Simple Elegance will not disappoint you!

THANK YOU!!!!

Katie · Married on 07/23/2011

I found Dane at Simple Elegance thru our family's business.
    His mom is a client and refered him to us. We tasted 5 or 6 flavors and had him do one in each
    of the three layers of our cake. All were yummy! Purple ribbon and Hydrangias filled between the tiers.
    He had a business in Vegas that included a Tea Room... so outside of the salads and fruit that we provided, we had him do three different Tea sandwiches to complete our luncheon menu. Chicken Sandwich was very different from what one would expect... we loved it.
    We got a great deal and a great value.
    So glad his mom was in the day of our discussing the wedding.
    I would recommend this vendor, and would use him again and again myself!

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2010

Simple Elegance created the most amazing cake for our wedding. His cakes taste better than anything we have tasted and it was absolutley beautiful. He is really amazing. Thanks Dane!!!

Nancy · Married on 04/24/2010

Dane is definitely the Best. Our cake was a work of art. It was a shame to cut into it, but the inside of the cut was to die for. You must try one of Dane's cakes. He is such a pleasure to work with and his cakes are a "must have" for every occasion. You won't be disappointed. Thank you so much, Dane!

Cherise · Married on 03/13/2010

We fell in love with this place. The cakes here are so good and was such a big hit at my wedding. The owner "Dane" was such a great person to work with. He had wonderful ideas and did exactly what I wanted. He made my whole experiance so great that my husband and i will be going back every time we stop into vegas. They have a really sweet tea room as well. Great prices and the best cakes in the world.

Mary · Married on 02/27/2010

Dane made us the best tasting cake we have ever had! We had Red Velvet with a cream cheese filling and white cake with amaretto, filled with Bavarian cream and chocolate shavings. It was coated with butter cream and drizzled with chocolate gnache.
    We got a ton of comments on the cake. A lot of people had more than one piece!
    He even made two Red Velvet cakes for us on short notice for Valentine's Day.

Dana · Married on 10/17/2009

Dane's cakes are WONDERFUL! I live in Illinois, so I was a little apprehensive about choosing a bakery from so far away, but Dane made everything very simple for us. All of his cakes that we tried at the cake tasting were delicious, and we had a really hard time choosing between all the options. (My husband doesn't like cake and hadn't eaten a bite of cake since he was 5, but even he liked Dane's cake.) We ended up going with the "petal" cake (shown as his profile picture - instead of fondant it has giant petals of white chocolate on the outside) because it didn't have any fondant, which I think looks great but can taste just ok. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and all of our guests commented on how beautiful the cake was AND how great it tasted!! Wedding cakes are usually either pretty or yummy, but rarely both - I was surprised I found Dane's fantastic cakes from so far away! I would recommend him to anyone.

jenn · Married on 10/17/2009

We used this company for our wedding cake when we held our wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas. It was poolside in October, so Dane suggested fondant. We asked him for an old school "tattoo" style cake. He came up with a fun double heart pattern. The cake was absolutely delicious. The BEST tasting cake I've ever eaten! Even the fondant (of which I was never a fan) was tasty.
    They delivered the cake and put our topper on for us. The husband's name was spelled incorrectly even though they called to confirm it. ?? Don't know what happened there, but someone @ the wedding noticed and they took it and fixed it.

susan · Married on 10/03/2009

Dane was great to work with for my destination wedding planning. His cake was delicious and looked absolutely beautiful, just what i wanted. I highly recommend Dane!!!

• F

Ilesia · Married on 09/26/2009

I live in New York and when I booked Simple Elegance, I didn't realize the level of quality you get for your money before I decided on a design. Dane had no problem FedXing me three cakes to taste (I choose Red Velvet,SOOOO GOOD!!!) and then I gave him the Idea for cake to be a 6inch round top cake with 25 cupcakes cascading down covered in blue cream cheese icing. The cake turned out better then i expected absolutely beautiful and tasted magnificent. Me and my husband decided to get another cake from there for our 2 year anniversary when he comes bake from Iraq, we can't wait.

L · Married on 09/05/2009

We had a destination wedding at Loews Lake Las Vegas. Dane’s cakes were the main attraction at our wedding!!! We absolutely loved it!!! We had two tier cakes for each centerpiece on our wedding tables – total of 10 tables plus Bride and Groom cake – total of 12 two tiered cakes- WOW! On top of having Dane make 12 cakes, we thought it would be extra neat if each cake was completely different in design and flavor (a few flavors repeated). EVERYONE LOVED all the cakes (design and flavor- everything about them) and our guests are still talking about the AMAZING cakes today 5 months later!!!! Dane, was GREAT to work with and so patient with all our crazy ideas! Everything was amazing and when our guests look back at our wedding – they always talk about the AWESOME cakes first. Dane is the very, very, very best in Vegas! Thank you DANE – you are sooo creative!!!!

James · Married on 06/27/2009

Dane at Simple Elegance was a pleasure to work with! I interviewed several bakers and tried dozens of cakes in preparation for our wedding. I found Dane to be professional, charismatic, and budget conscience. The cake turned out just perfect! Many of the guests said that it was the BEST WEDDING CAKE they have ever tasted! If you want an average baker, don't choose Dane. If you want a TERRIFIC BAKER, then the ONLY CHOICE IS DANE with SIMPLE ELEGANCE!

Tisha · Married on 05/02/2009

Dane at Simple Elegance is the best. My fiancee LOVED all the cake flavors and Dane was able to incorporate 3 of them between our wedding cake and grooms cake. Our wedding cake was so beautiful and Dane created it from me simply telling him about a cake I saw on a TV show. It tasted as good as it looked. To be honest I was only concerned about the loook, but it was 'icing on the cake' when guests repeatedly came up to say how wonderful it tasted.

Brandy · Married on 04/17/2009

Best wedding cake ever! Get the Nutty Irishman...Yum!!

Jennifer · Married on 04/05/2009

One word to describe Dane, AMAZING!!!!! From the moment we met with Dane for our cake tasting, we were impressed! We met with 2 other bakeries but nothing compared to Dane's creations - not only flavor but also design! We went with a unique design of Dane's - the petal cake - andall of our guests had something to say about it. Not only was the design beautiful but the flavor of the cake was to die for! I am so looking forward to our one year anniversary to take another bite out of that cake!

Karlie · Married on 02/21/2009

WOW. Dane is not only the coolest guy to work with, and so much fun, his cakes are SENSATIONAL!!! They taste so good, and are absolutely gorgeous. He uses the best fondant, which tastes amazing, and the flavors of his cakes are so unique and delicious. I loved how they tasted, and his professionalism left such an awesome impression on me. So, if you need a cake, forget Freeds (They should be called ripoffs are us). Use Dane, his cakes are delish, and he won't cost you an arm and a leg either!! I would use him for birthdays, anniversaries or if I just wanted to buy a cake for a bake sale. He's wonderful!!

Shannon · Married on 12/20/2008

I tried other cakes and wasn't impressed. I knew once I went for the cake tasting at Simple Elegance, I had to have this cake. The cake was so delicious, in fact, that we couldn't save our cake top for one year. It didn't last a week! My husband and I loved eating the cake so much!

Ok, aside from the taste, I was impressed with how beautiful and not gaudy the cakes were. Dane is outstanding- professional, knowledgeable, and passionate about what he does. I loved meeting him and working with him, and I plan on using him for non-wedding cakes. We'll probably order a fresh cake for our one year anniversary!

Lauren · Married on 12/15/2008

Simple Elegance was wonderful for our wedding cake. Dane was very professional, on time with delivery of the cake, and the cake was delicious!! We highly recommend Simple Elegance!!!!

Lauren and Jason

Crystal · Married on 11/10/2008

I've been to so many weddings and when it came to planning my own I, like many brides out there, really wanted everything to be a reflection of my husband and I. When I started looking for someone to handle my cake I was so disappointed in the first Wedding cake services I called in Las Vegas (i.e., Freeds Bakery and Maries Gourmet Bakery). I couldn't believe these places were supposed to be Vegas's best. They were rude, uncaring and when I went into the shops for a tasting...well let's just say I was not impressed. So, my search continued and I found Simple Elegance in Cake Design. I went in and literally had my breath taken away by the owner's petal cake. It was just what I was looking for and it was simply amazing. I couldn't take my eyes off of "my cake" the whole time I was there. Dane the owner took the time to show me and my sister in law all of his work and even entertained us with a cake testing on fine china with coffee and tea. Not only is Dane's coffee something to brag about his cakes are absolutely to die for. They are moist, tasteful and absolutely divine. I honestly have to say I begged Dane for a picture of my cake so I could look at it during the months of planning our wedding and the Dane did not disappoint the cake was really the highlight of our reception. Dane should change his company's name to Amazing Elegance in Cake Design and not only are the cakes that good but Dane is professional and fun to work with. You can't go wrong with Dane. The only thing I would advise is to contact him early so you can be sure to get the best Cake Baker in Vegas booked for your special day...You will not regret it!!

Rachael · Married on 07/26/2008

Beautiful, perfect wedding cake and groom's cake. They tasted wonderful.

Caitlin · Married on 04/12/2008

Dane's cakes are so good you'll never want to eat another cake again! Everyone raved at the reception how beautiful and delicious the cake was! Dane is a true delight and so talented, and the Nutty Irishmen cake can not be beat!