Silverspoon Catering & Events Reviews

28 | Atlanta, GA

28 Reviews for Silverspoon Catering & Events

Charlie · Married on 01/04/2014

3.0

We would like to thank Silverspoon for delicious food and service you and your staff provided to my wedding reception. The food was awesome and the buffet was beautiful as well. My friends are still complimenting me on how wonderful the meal was. Your staff was very professional and worked hard throughout the entire reception. Excellence is what we experienced.

Sent on 03/10/2014
  • C. Dorsette

C. Dorsette · Married on 10/27/2018

3.8

SilverSpoon Catering was absolutely delicious

The food was absolutely amazing! The crab cakes were so delicious people are still talking about them! The staff for the open bar was accommodating and served our guests quickly at their tables as well as the bar.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Alene · Married on 08/01/2009

2.8
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

Everything went well until the day of the event, when she showed up late. She supposedly prepared enough food for our guests, but I was notified after the event that numerous guests were not served full meals, and some nothing at all. Her waitstaff had unprofessional dispositions and were rude. She is a great person, however I was very disappointed in my service after I found out about everything that happened after the fact.

Sent on 08/18/2009

Silverspoon Catering & Events's reply:

Hi Lyteese & Alene
    I am sorry everything did not turn out the way you would expected, but Alene the bride seemed to be very happy and satisfied with the reception at the reception, Alene expressed it more once. I am not a confrontational person and I don�t want this to be handled that way. The setup time for your event was 2 hours for set up and 2 hours breakdown. Your invoice and contract stated 150 people for the reception, you actually had 150 people on buffet, 14 wedding party guest, 4 to go meals, 11 kids which brings the total to 179 people. You paid your deposit the night before the reception actually your deposit was paid at your rehearsal dinner that was set up by me, you did not pay for that either. I would have prepared more food but guess what you did not pay for the 150 so I know 200 people would be out of the question. I wasnot notified that you would have more than the contracted guest. }You requested a tax exemption and you did not have a Georgia State Tax Exemption Certificate Taxes have to be paid. Below I have listed all the services and equipment that I provided to you at no additional charge " meaning free" . I made your event successful! Your event was staffed with six Servers that you were not paid for by you, table cloths, cake stands, beverage glasses , flatware, toasting flutes, plates, napkins, disposable plates, and china plates, cups, forks, paper napkins, 4 to go meals, (two I knew about and two I did not), cake cutting service. The cost per Server is $125.00 for four hours, cake cutting is .25 per slice, $50.00 disposable products, cloth napkins $1.25 per napkins, glasses .80 per glass, 2 cake stands $45.00, plates $1.50 per plates and $1.00 per salad plates, $13.00 per table cloths, toasting flutes $1.00 each, Bride and groom toasting flutes $35.00, Bride and Groom Chair covers $5.25 each, $3.00 X 14 per charger for head table, $45.00 baked beans and $1.00 X 150 toasting flutes. Your balance is $1,213.00. You received a free reception and you filed a complaint. You did not pay for anything. Cator Woodford Garden gave you a lot of free stuff because you complained but actually you did not deserve anything free or adjustments on you bill because you were wrong and during your planning you game was not to pay. The only reason you had good comments abpout your video grapher and program vedor is because they did it free.