Silversilke Reviews

Silversilke 5
Silversilke 6
Silversilke 7

Tiffany · Married on 04/17/2015

My husband and I live in Chicago, so we wanted to work with a wedding coordinator to help us plan our wedding in Puerto Rico. We were recommended Jeanette Centeno through our caterer, and as soon as we spoke with Jeanette, we knew she was the one we wanted to work with. She has a very personable approach, is such a great listener, and most importantly, we could tell she loves what she does (which reflected on how beautiful our wedding was!). She was genuinely excited about each step of the process, as if it were her own wedding. She always made sure to keep our vision (and budget!) in clear view when suggesting vendors. She helped us find everything from our amazing photographer, Jesill Ayala from Jesart Photography, to setting up a cigar rolling demonstration for our reception, and all things in between.

She had answers to my millions of questions, and was quick to respond. She pays great attention to detail and always follows through with her word. Unbeknownst to me, my sister had mentioned to Jeanette that she was looking for a handkerchief for me. The next day, Jeanette brought 2 beautifully embroidered handkerchiefs, one for my sister and one for me. I almost started crying because it was such a sweet and thoughtful gift.

Her patience and kindness really helped me throughout the planning because I tend to get stressed fairly easily. She has such a warm energy about her, and is truly a wonderful person to work with and to know. I highly recommend her and am so happy for future couples that are lucky enough to be able to work with her as well.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Travis · Married on 02/17/2015

Jeanette did an absolutely amazing job coordinating our wedding! She delivered perfectly on our request of a simple but elegant wedding on the beach. There was absolutely zero stress for anyone involved because Jeanette went above and beyond. The officiant and photographer she hired did outstanding jobs and the communication with our hotel and the restaurant for dinner afterwards was seamless. Thank you Jeanette, for making our day truly unforgettable.

Sent on 03/04/2015

Greg · Married on 03/10/2014

Jeanette and Silversilke were absolute pleasures with which to work. She was very attentive, and, considering we were from New York and she is native to Puerto Rico, Jeanette and her vendor connections were absolutely invaluable. Communication was very good; we were able to send her inspiration images via Pinterest, and she was able to bring things to fruition with just a few telephone meetings. Payment was very easy, as well, with practically everything done online, so there was very little to take care of on the day of our wedding.

The event itself was absolutely beautiful and the food and DJ were second to none. We aren't exactly planning on getting married again, but we would certainly use Jeanette's services, given the option. She is a lovely person and has marvelous connections to vendors throughout Puerto Rico. In truth, the event was better than we could have imagined, and, for that, we have Jeanette to thank.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Tania · Married on 06/29/2013

If you are searching the web and reading reviews for a wedding coordinator I must ask you to stop and call Jeanette now! The first time I talked with her, she gave me a piece of mind and offered her amazing vendors including our incredible minister, Aran Santana, whose 30th year anniversary with his wife was on our wedding day as well. He would not have accepted in marrying us if it had not been for his friendship with Jeanette. Throughout the process of planning my wedding she was very helpful, active in anything I might need and always willing to suggest new ideas. I really want to thank her for her patience with Conrado and I, and her efforts through this whole process, because we changed our minds quite a bit. I would not have been able to make it, without her expertise and experience. My now husband and I are from Puerto Rico but reside in NY. We planned a trip to Puerto Rico to do our food tasting, attend a Bridal Expo, and meet with Jeanette in March. She took care of coordinating everything with our venue and key vendors we needed to meet. I even mentioned to her that we met a wonderful vendor for our invitations and stationary needs at the Expo. All I gave her was the company’s name and she coordinated a meeting with her as well for us to finalize contract. She was proactive and knew how precious time is during the planning stages. She was also quick to respond to all of my emails and calls. The price that I paid to hire her was nominal to the work that she actually put in my wedding. Jeanette kept me very organized during the planning stages, including keeping everything under control when Conrado was diagnosed with cancer and we were going through his treatment plan. She became an incredible beacon of support and we were able to focus solely on the road to recovery because we knew we had Jeanette. I write this review because Jeanette deserves for her work to be appreciated and raved about, hiring her will ensure you have your dream wedding.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Christine · Married on 02/19/2012

My wedding was amazing thanks to Jeanette. She was professional, curtious and attentive to my needs. Her knowledge of the area, as well as the different venders (photographers, DJs, florists) was extremely helpful in creating my perfect wedding. I whole heartedly recommend her to any bride to be :)

Sent on 07/10/2012

Coralie · Married on 12/04/2011

Jeanette's quality of wedding coordination and professionalism was A+. Jeanette listened very attentive to my requests and all I inquire about it. She was always there and made my life lot easier. Jeanette excelled beyond the stars because of her positivism, care and tenderness. Everything was perfect from the set up, menu,ceremony, location, preacher, she kept everything on schedule and organized for us. It was truely a dream come true.
    Thanks Jeanette for setting the standards so high! You were a pleasure and delight! We highly recomend this wedding planner!! She helped make the biggest day in our lives perfect!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Elaine · Married on 09/10/2011

We truly appreciated all of the personal touches that made our event memorable. Jeanette went beyond the call of duty to make herself available upon our arrival. Always there if I had any questions or concerns. Great Job!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Dana · Married on 04/04/2016

My husband and I were both so happy with how the day turned out and could not have asked for more from Jeanette! She was so easy to work with and took all of our suggestions and wishes into account. Planning a wedding three time zones away can be stressful, but Jeanette's experience and familiarity with the venue and other vendors put us at ease. It was a day neither of us will ever forget!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Our wedding was to be just the two of us, on a beach in Puerto Rico, the morning before our honeymoon cruise. We were a couple that spent the last 10 years together, so we wanted to capture the intimate moment, and not put on a large, showy wedding. Jeanette found my contact information through Wedding Wire. She contacted me through email and phone, noting that there was no pressure to contact her, but that I could reach out to her if I was still looking for a wedding planner. Jeanette was amazing from start to finish. She was there for me to answer any and all questions, big or small, day or night. I would send her an email and she would promptly respond. Her instructions were clear as day, and she was a true pleasure to deal with. She never rushed me to a decision, nor was in a hurry to get me off the phone to move to a bigger client. She was heartfelt in her guidance, and always had a beautiful smile on her face. She organized things from afar for me, found an officiant, got me a beautiful bouquet of island flowers, found a wonderful photographer, and drove us to and fro. The photographer picked us up from the airport, took us to the government office to get our marriage license, drove us around until we found an amazing spot on the beach overlooking the ocean, then back to our hotel, where we first met Jeanette. The next day, she came to the hotel to help get me ready, and drove us to the spot where we would capture our most beautiful moment. She also drove us back to the hotel to change, get our luggage, then transfer us to the cruise port. I truly can't say enough of how wonderful she was. She wasn't concerned with the fact that we were a "small account" to her. You can tell she truly loves her career as an event planner, and wants to help all sizes of accounts/parties. This made planning from Pennsylvania completely effortless and stress-free. I couldn't have done it without her! LOVE Jeanette!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/24/2015

Heather · Married on 02/10/2019

Professional & Knowledgeable

We hired Jeanette for her full wedding coordination services after attempting to plan our destination wedding on our own for a few months, and are so glad we did. She had great recommendations for the vendors we still needed to hire and helped to coordinate our contracts with them. We were able to visit Puerto Rico a few months before the wedding and Jeannette set up vendor and venue meetings for us, and attended them with us which was a huge help because she not only provided her valuable input but was also able to serve as translator for us since we do not speak Spanish and a couple of the vendors did not speak English. She also helped us to set up a welcome party for our guests a couple of nights before the wedding at a great venue in Old San Juan. On the night of the party she was there to ensure everything got off to a smooth start. She was also there with an assistant for the full wedding day and ensured that the day ran as planned. I cannot recommend Jeanette's services highly enough. She took SO much stress out of the wedding planning process and the day itself. I was able to relax and just enjoy the day because I knew that she was there working behind the scenes to make the day perfect. Thank you Jeanette!

Sent on 03/09/2019

carlos · Married on 11/11/2016

El proceso de seleccion de proveedores para la boda nos permitio conocer a Jeanette (la Coordinadora). Su trato y servicio profesional, asi como el dominio en los asuntos relacionados al evento fueron la clave para el exito alcanzado. Estamos muy satisfechos con los servicios recibidos y recomendamos favorablemente su trabajo.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2014

3.8
      3.0

Jeannette is a very pleasant and easy going wedding planner, perfect fit for me, who wanted a very simple wedding on a budget. She didn't ask me a whole lot of questions, however hind sight I probably should have discussed more with her about the itinerary and final arrangements before we arrived in Puerto Rico. I was having to make decisions on flowers after we arrived, which was a little stressful as we were constantly on the go. Her staff that greeted us to help with the marriage license in San Juan, was extremely warm and friendly and knew the people at the department of health which allowed for a quick and easy process. We really loved having Reverend Santanna as our officiant, so flexible, easy going and able to pull those sentimental moments out without knowing us very long.
    My only complaint is the photographer we used. She initially suggested a different one but I requested more options. The one I chose (Orlando), though arrived on time and stayed for his contracted duration, made the photo sessions feel very rushed and didn't have a warm presence about him. He also did not utilize other parts of the resort which could have been beautiful photos at night. Finally, it is over a month and we still haven't received copies of our photos. hopefully they come soon.
    I probably should have gone with the photographer Jeanette originally suggested.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Tatiana · Married on 03/11/2017

2.6
      2.0
      2.5
      2.0
      3.5
      3.0

I was really expecting so much more considering we paid for the full service package. During the planning stage I had to follow-up with her all the time and she had some issues with technology (Pinterest board did not work, nor did Dropbox). She had great suggestions for vendors and thanks to her we had the best photographer and great music providers. But on the day of the wedding there were so many issues that I will only mention a few. I asked her to pick-up the decorations for the wedding at my home, and she agreed to get them early on the day of the wedding. She arrived past noon, without any help, and only got half of the boxes and bags. Then she asked my to get someone else from my family to pick-up the other things she left and bring them to the venue. As a consequence, my father, my brother and my fiance were late to the wedding. We had assigned seating and I gave her the seating chart and the place cards to put on each seat (I even put the numbers of the tables on the back of the place cards to made her work easier). She and her team decided to leave the place cards in the guest book table on the foyer for people to take them and seat wherever they pleased (people used the cards to leave us messages, instead of using the guestbook!). She would not give clear instructions to the wedding party as to how they should accommodate to enter the ceremony (She gave like 4 different instructions, depending on who asked her, and there were 3 kids in the wedding party). She never told the bartender that we had a special champagne for the toast and, when I asked for it, it was still warm and the bartender had to chilled it at that moment (thank God we had a great bartender!). Finally, she left the 2 tables where my family was seated to eat last, and each table had one of my grandmothers.
    I really hope she is better with destination weddings, but my experience was very bad. We are still angry with all the disasters that happened.

Sent on 12/07/2017