Silver Lake Country Club Reviews

136 | Orland Park, IL

136 Reviews for Silver Lake Country Club

We had our reception at Silver Lake, and we absolutely loved it! The staff was SO helpful and accommodated our every need. The food was great, and the drink selection was incredible. The staff even brought in cans of our favorite beer, Anti-hero, for us and our guests to enjoy. This was a fantastic place to have our reception, and we could not have been happier!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Haley · Married on 08/23/2014

BEAUTIFUL! My husband and I got married on August 23, 2014 in the garden area at Silver Lake Country Club and it was absolutely amazing. The flowers in the garden were breathtaking and the reception room had a great view of the garden as well. It was exactly what I had dreamed of. Aside from the venue being amazing, the people there were amazing as well. They were extremely helpful and went above and beyond every step of the way. The food was delicious here as well! We received many compliments on both the food and venue in general. We are extremely happy that we chose to have our ceremony and reception there. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Sent on 09/04/2014

All the staff at Silver Lake, especially Amy and Janene, did a fantastic job helping us plan our wedding ceremony and reception at Silver Lake. The West Garden room was absolutely beautiful and the staff did a phenomenal job setting up the room perfectly. They collaborated so well with my other vendors (Rolling Sounds Entertainment, Chair Covers by Sylwia, Mitchell's Flowers) to make the room stunning. The guests were elated with the food, drinks, and overall service. They answered my millions of questions promptly with a smile and provided me with the wedding of my dreams!!

Sent on 08/10/2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception here on June 14th. Everything was simply amazing. From the day we booked the reception (about 1.5 years ahead) till the very end everybody was so great. Whenever I would call they would be in the office and so helpful in answering any of my questions. They did such a great job with all of our details and explained everything to us. The food was delicious and our guests have not stopped talking about it. I cant explain how truly grateful we are to Silver Lakes because they helped with everything! We were able to rent a bus to take our guests from the hotel to the reception and to have a ride back. They were so accommodating to all of our requests. Absolutely would recommend them to anybody having any type of event!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Venue choice is extremely important when planning a wedding, and I can say without a doubt that the BEST decision we made while wedding planning was booking with Silver Lake. After meeting with Amy at SLCC for the first time, we knew immediately that we wanted to have our reception there. She is so laid back, extremely flexible, & fun to work with! She was willing to work with us on any idea that we brought up to her, and never once did we hear "no" when we asked if we could do something different/creative at the reception. That is very rare for wedding venues! Even when some allow you to be creative, they try and charge you an arm and a leg for it. Not SL! Although we interacted mainly with Amy, our interactions with Janene and Kelly were also easy & enjoyable. A couple days before our wedding, I went to their office with my parents to drop off boxes containing all of our centerpieces. I talked with them for a few minutes about the set-up & that was it... on the day of the wedding, I walked into a perfectly beautiful room with the centerpieces looking fab. My parents couldn't get over how nice and incredibly easy the girls were to work with!

SLCC is also very reasonably priced for the quality of food & service that you receive. Guests have been raving about the food since our wedding- I've never seen so many people at a wedding ask for boxes to take home their leftovers! The bartenders were great as well. We especially loved Tony & so did our guests! Not only does he make great martinis, but he is so personable & quick when making drinks.

All in all, wedding planning can be stressful, and choosing SLCC actually made wedding planning LESS stressful for us. I always walked away from conversations with Amy laughing and feeling much better about everything. I truly can't say enough good things about Silver Lake and would recommend it a million times over to anyone looking for the perfect wedding venue.

Sent on 06/22/2014

Carly · Married on 05/31/2014

Besides all of the regular reviews you always read here is something little that stuck out...on your wedding day you probably will not eat much, if anything. Soup, salad, and dinner was coming out, speeches were being given, drinks were being passed out, pictures were being taken, and the bridal party was busy eating and talking throughout dinner. As the waitress came around, she asked me if I was done, I said "yes" and she said "no you're not." I looked at her and she smiled and told me she was a mom, and I needed to eat. It was going to be a long night and she was sure I probably had not eaten all day. So she left my plate, smiled at me, pointed at my plate, and walked away. I laughed, and started to eat. Something so little can mean so much. She did not have to worry about what I was or was not eating, but she did. Everyone was just so personable with not just us but all of our guests. We got married this year on May 31st. Our ceremony was on site outside and cocktail hr/reception immediately followed. I knew this was our place on the first visit. From their friendly and amazing staff, beautiful grounds, convenient location, and accommodations...we could not be happier. I am, well, a very indecisive person so I was constantly calling, asking questions, asking to come in, going over details...etc. The staff at Silver Lakes was always more than willing to help me with suggestions, let me come in whenever I wanted to see the room, and also knew exactly how to calm my nerves. I did not put much detail into my wedding for the simple fact of, less detail=less chances of things not going as planned. Silver Lakes is already so beautiful that I did not have to do much. Amy is absolutely positively amazing!!! She is honest, knowledgeable, accommodating, friendly, and just a really pleasant down to earth woman. She helped us feel at ease throughout our planning process and on our big day. I honestly did not have to worry about ANYTHING!!!! The staff, bar

Sent on 10/19/2014

I can NOT say enough good things about this place. Any bride should seriously consider using the venue as their wedding reception and ceremony (if you are looking for a ceremony spot).

I come from a family of chefs who could not stop talking about amazing the food was. I also am a Senior Event Coordinator and I can say that I did not lift a finger. Amy and her staff took care of EVERYTHING. I came in prepared with friends to have to get our final touches taken care of the day of and they did everything. My set-up staff was not needed. It was so amazing. I walked near a bar and their staff replaced my drink. The venue and staff were absolutely amazing. If I had the money, I would do this every year (unfortunately, I can't!).

The only "complaint" I got was they weren't the biggest fan of the carpet. If that is seriously the only complaint I can get, you know they are doing something right!

If you are looking for a good price and a great time, this is the place to go. You will not need to anything. I was able to truly take the night off, which was huge.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Mary Jo · Married on 05/03/2014

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at Silver Lake and it was perfect! I had never been to a wedding here so didn't know much about it but from the first time we went to check it out, I loved it. The staff goes so above and beyond to make it a perfect day for any couple. The coordinators were always available to answer all my questions and staying in contact from the time we booked, which was about a year and a half, all the way up to the wedding day. They have a great system to make sure everything is the way you want it and work very hard to meet all of my expectations. The ceremony space we used was so perfect and set up beautifully. The food was by far the best wedding food I have ever had and so many of our guests were very quick to offer compliments. The waiters/ waitresses and bartenders were so wonderful and they had plenty of help to make sure there was never a line and everyone was taken care of. Choosing this venue was the best decision we made and I can't imagine it being held anywhere else.

Sent on 07/15/2014

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here at Silver Lakes and we had the most amazing time!! People are still talking about how great the wedding was!! I even had a friend that tried to change her venue for her wedding because of well her and her fiancé liked our wedding at silver lakes!! Every single person at silver lakes is kind and accommodating for whatever your needs are. I worked with Amy and Janene for planning and they get back to you with any questions you have right away! They have great ideas and truly are wonderful people. They really care about every bride, groom and their family and friends just having the most amazing time!! Everyone couldn't say enough about how great the food was either. From going to a lot of weddings I feel that is something you never hear people say. Overall silver lakes is the way to go.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Maureen · Married on 11/02/2013

Absolutely wonderful! We booked our reception in January and our wedding was on November 2nd taking advantage of the first weekend of their winter package deal. There was always someone available to take questions via phone call, in person or email through the entire planning process. Pricing is fantastic and all tips, taxes and service charges were included. The bar was stocked very well with brands that most other venues charged extra for. The food was very good as well! They accommodated guests that had vegan and gluten free dietary requests and even tweaked the family style dinner menu for us. Day of went off without a hitch. There were 2 other weddings going on while we were there, but it was not at all a problem. We didn't have any issues with space or sound. The grounds make for beautiful photos and we had a private patio area accessible directly from our room to step out and get fresh air, or for smokers to use. We had a day of coordinator, but in hindsight we probably didn't need one. Silver Lake had everything set up and ready to go working very well with all our vendors. They are professional and on the ball.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Angie · Married on 09/15/2013

We are absolutely pleased with the entire experience at Silver Lakes Country Club! Our wedding day was simply a dream come true! The staff provided excellent customer service! Every detail of our wedding was handled with care and concern. I have recommended friends to check out Silverlakes as this is definitely the place to be!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2013

I would have to agree with all of the wonderful reviews already given to Silver Lake! From the first visit I had with Silver Lake through the very end of the reception they were very helpful, nice, and professional. They were also flexible and truly took an interest in catering to my specific needs and wants, so I did not feel forced to accept something because that's just the way they do things. For instance with the menu we wanted the chicken from one family style meal and the beef from the other and they worked that out for us. The food was delicious! Tax and gratuity were included in the comparatively low price and there were no hidden fees! They also are willing to do the final touches and setting up of the centerpieces, which is extremely helpful. We had our ceremony in the garden and it was absolutely beautiful. We received so many compliments. It was a wonderful wedding experience and I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 02/16/2014

Rene · Married on 08/03/2013

Silver lake was the 5th place we looked at for wedding venue.. I guess we saved the best for last! Silver lake was beautiful , food was decent and the prices are so reasonable. They do not nickel and dime you. The wedding coordinators are amazing so friendly and informative! 5 star

Sent on 09/29/2013

Couples looking to have their wedding reception in the south suburbs look no further. Even if you are in the west suburbs Silver Lake is seriously worth the distance to bring your guests.
    I can assure you that for the things that didn't go right for our wedding, it had nothing to do with Silver Lake.
    Most of you will search out other halls for comparison. Save yourself the time and limit your search. Give yourself peace of mind and go to one or two others. Eventually, you will wind up back at Silver Lake.
    The people at Silver Lake truly take pride in knowing how special this day means to couples.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Krystal · Married on 06/23/2013

We had our local wedding celebration here in August 2013. THEY WERE GREAT! We were married in Puerto Rico, but wanted to have a local celebration with all of our friends and family. We had a vision of a cocktail party with lots of good food and laughter and Silver Lake was the place! From the start they were organized and flexible. They had resources for vendors to work with and knew all the details to organize. We had several appetizers and many people commented how delicious the food was and the presentation was amazing! One of our friends did the flowers and I did the decor, and they were more than accommodating as we set up. We used the outdoor patio for a DIY photobooth. The staff were so professional and friendly! The only thing that went wrong was the chavari chairs were not ordered, but honestly I believe this was on the grooms to do list, so oh well! At the last minute they pulled out thier chairs and everything worked out! The pictures we took were amazing on the property!

I highly recommend Silver Lakes and will forever by grateful for our AMAZING night there!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Silver Lake Country Club provided EVERYTHING one could want for their wedding!!! The Wedding Garden off of the first tee was beautiful and spectacular for the wedding ceremony!! The gardens behind the reception rooms were a great place for pictures! The room looked wonderful! The food was fantastic and delicious!!! Normally, there is one person who has a complaint about something, no matter how miniscule, BUT we never heard one negative comment about anything regarding our wedding venue!!! The service people were top notch as well!! Professional, courteous and extremely helpful!! Something that was misplaced was brought to a waitress's attention and in less than 5 minutes was found!!! The Banquet Staff, headed by Amy Coghill, was truly amazing and so helpful throughout all of the planning of our Special Day!! They made us feel as if we were the only wedding they had on their agenda and answered all of our questions and concerns in a timely manner and laid whatever fears or anxieties, we might have had, to rest, and quickly!! My wife and I could not be happier with our decision to go with Silver Lake Country Club!!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Erica · Married on 06/14/2013

My husband and I were the best man and maid of honor in our best friends wedding a little over 2 years ago. When we went looking for a venue we remembered how amazing silver lake treated our friends and decided to have our wedding there as well. THEY ARE THE MOST FLEXIBLE AND EASY GOING PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET! We were able to get prime rib as a family style option and they honored every special request we had for beverages at the bar with no extra charge. They even allowed us to bring in white castles as a midnight snack! There's is not one thing I would change about my entire experience with Silver Lake, my wedding was perfect because of them. They go above and beyond every step of the way!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Mashone · Married on 06/02/2013

Thanks to Silver Lake I was able to honestly have the wedding of my dreams. It was so beautiful. We really enjoyed ourselves. Everyone is still raving about their beautiful grounds and the good food as well. Amy and Janene were patient and helpful. On Sunday Linda helped a great deal. We were behind schedule and they just went with the flow. Everything was great. I would recommend anyone to use them. And the price was great as well. Much cheaper than other venues I priced and a much bigger bang for the buck. It was misty earlier that day and they patiently waited for me to get dressed and decide whether I wanted an indoor or outdoor ceremony. They had 2 places set up and at the last minute I said outdoor and they said ok we're on it. It was amazingly beautiful

Sent on 06/05/2013

Mindyq · Married on 05/26/2013

Silver Lake is a great place for a ceremony and reception. The staff there is amazing. Both Amy and Janine were so helpful, accommodating and flexible, I was never worried about anything going wrong. My family and friends to this day still talk about how much fun they had. The outdoor ceremony area (at least the one I got married at) was lovely! And my husband really liked the outdoor access and gazebo area in the room we went with. The food was really good despite it being "banquet" type food and the bar selection was awesome.The decor in both reception rooms is a bit outdated but my husband and I didn't really care given the cost. I figured by the end of the night no one is going to remember anything but how good the food was, bar service and the music. All in all I would definitely recommend Silver Lake for your ceremony/wedding reception.

Sent on 11/20/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 04/27/2013

Silver Lakes made planning the wedding fun and easy. They were flexible to work with us and addressed all of our concerns. The ceremony and reception were beautiful. On the day of the wedding they went out of their way to keep it stress free. The food was hot and delicious, we had a memorable day because of everything Silver Lakes did for us on our special day.

Sent on 11/23/2013

C · Married on 02/16/2013

Silver Lake Country Club was beyond wonderful! Fantasic every step of the way---from the early stages in planning, to small details the week before, to the actual wedding day. Cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff. Guests loved the food and service!!
    Have your wedding at Silver Lake!!

Sent on 04/25/2013

Silver Lake Country Club is the perfect combination of great food,terrific service,and a beautiful natural venue.Even in November the wall of windows and outdoor lights created a "magical" setting. Our guests praised the quality and selection from the family style menu and the hot appetizers. The service was second to none.Being able to take outdoor pictures is an asset.
    From the very first meeting,Amy and Janene were very well organized,professional and sincerely kind.When the "big day" arrived we had no worries or concerns at all.They have valuable suggestions cake,dj,photographer and chair covers.

Sent on 12/06/2012

Silver Lake's team was amazing. They took care of so much for us, and were really flexible with our needs/wants. Amy and Jeanine both helped us out A LOT. Thanks to them for helping make our reception as amazing a night as it was! Thank you!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Samantha · Married on 09/08/2012

After searching the entire north suburban area for the perfect venue, it was Silver Lake that caught our eye. The grounds on this golf course and country club are absolutely beautiful and make for gorgeous pictures. The staff at Silver Lake sealed the deal for us. They are the most accommodating, friendly and knowledgeable people I have ever met at a banquet Hall. Amy made EVERYTHING happen for us. Anything we needed, wanted, changed, she was there and made it work. Any question I had or accommodation I wanted, the answer was always "YES, we can do that! whatever you would like!" She responded to my HUNDREDS of emails very efficiently and made me feel so confident with how the wedding was going to turn out. They took care of all setting up of the room just the way I wanted! Honestly, it was the most amazing night of my life, and I couldn't have done it without Amy and Silver Lake. I would highly recommend Silver Lake Country Club in Orland Park to anyone and everyone! You will not be disappointed but amazed at how this venue makes miracles happen!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Stacey · Married on 08/04/2012

Silver Lake did a wonderful job with our reception. They were very helpful getting everything put together and they did an amazing job for the reception.

Sent on 08/21/2012