Silver Lake Country Club Reviews

136 | Orland Park, IL

136 Reviews for Silver Lake Country Club

kara · Married on 11/07/2015

I cannot say enough great things about everyone at SL. If you have any question, small or even you think may be insignificant, they will answer honestly and provide feedback. I never waited more than 5 minutes for an email or phone call back if someone wasn't in the office, which was rare. Without a doubt Amy, Janene, and Jeff are the best of the best. They are funny, personal, and will make sure your day is nothing short of perfect. Everything I asked was accomodared without question or hesitation. My wedding was the beginning of November and I had my ceremony outside. It was gorgeous and went so smoothly. They also had a backup plan of the weather didn't cooperate. They thought of it all. The food... Look no further. Everything was delicious and I am still receiving raving texts from our guests. Everything you want for your wedding will be found and done here. I feel like I am family now to Silver Lake and I couldn't be happier. My wedding was perfect.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Dave · Married on 10/30/2015

When looking for a venue to host our wedding, the moment we walked in the door of Silver Lake, we knew that was where we wanted to have our wedding! The staff is beyond polite, helpful, and always smiling. Amy was EXCEPTIONAL in terms of helping organize, plan, responding to questions, ect. Amy has such a wonderful personality and truly enjoys her job which made this experience one we will never forget. This country club goes the extra mile to make you feel like you're family and that is something we value. Our guests have raved about the horderves and dinner selections! The room is absolutely beautiful and the outside gazebo area is breathtaking at night! Look no further when looking for a venue in the South Suburbs - YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED! - Dave & Melissa

Sent on 11/04/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Silver Lake Country Club and we could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out. Not only are Amy and Janene (the event ladies) a pleasure to work with and will go above and beyond for you, but the whole staff was extremely accommodating and were real pleasure on our big day!
    Just a little info about how detail oriented they are -
    We decided to get married outside in the beginning of October, and go figure, it started drizzling. We were asked if we wanted to move the ceremony inside, but we felt the weather was still ok to have it outside. After I walked down the isle in the drizzle, I looked back and saw that there were a bunch of beautiful white umbrellas being distributed to my guests! They looked great in pictures and I know that my guests were grateful!
    For the reception -
    The room was beautiful and the food was delicious and the service was one of a kind! We even got to bring home the leftovers!! The bartenders were great too! One of them said that his specialty was martinis, so all of our guests loved going and getting to try all different martinis.
    Oh ya! And the gardens are beautiful, and there are lights on everything, so at night, everything lights up and looks like a fairy tale!
    I don't think that I would change anything about how our wedding turned out and I truly feel like Silver Lake Country Club was able to provide the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 01/27/2016

Robert · Married on 09/05/2015

Silver Lake Country Club made our special day beautiful! The outdoor wedding area was perfect, food excellent, and service was absolutely outstanding! Amy, Director of Events, is amazing and so kind! She is so skilled at her job and will make your day seamless! Almost all of our guests stayed until the last song of the evening; our guests were VERY impressed by everything at SLCC. I would recommend Silver Lake to any bride and groom looking for a classy and sophisticated wedding venue!

Melissa · Married on 09/05/2015

We had our wedding here in September, and we could not say enough good things!! They made the planning process extremely stress free and enjoyable. Our guests raved about the food (which doesn't happen at most weddings!), and the bartenders were great! The grounds are beautiful for outdoor pictures, and the wedding rooms are newly updated. Highly recommend this place to anyone for their wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Kelly · Married on 08/29/2015

We held our ceremony and reception here in August of 2015. Silver Lake is wonderful!

We saw the venue last year but we're told there were going to be renovations done, before our event. The old room was outdated due to the mauve color and light fixtures. They renovated it all, plus some! It now looks stunning and completely up to date.

The staff is especially wonderful. Amy is a no-nonsense type person who will get what you need done and with a smile. It was very easy to trust that what I was expecting would get done.

We chose the lakeside site for our ceremony because of the beautiful landscaping around and behind the site. To one side of the site is a hillside covered in a beautiful garden. The hillside blocks the view of the clubhouse creating an intimate site for the ceremony while still being in an open space.

For the reception we booked both the East and West rooms (there is a divider that can be added to separate them). The rooms have floor to ceiling windows looking out onto lit gardens.

We chose to go with the Family Style menu. It was like a mini buffet at each table. Friends and family first told us that I looked beautiful and we looked so happy, but their next compliment was about the food! Everyone LOVED it!

Silver Lake also worked wonderfully with all our vendors. Our photographer, DJ, and florist all told me how helpful and friendly the staff was. Some of the vendors had worked at Silver Lake before and some had not, all were impressed.

We were looking at a guest list about 300 and for Chicago venues that can be hard to find as well as very pricey. Silver Lake was a breath of fresh air with their straight-forward and affordable pricing. There were no hidden fees or "upgrading" your package to get what you wanted.

High quality service, delicious food/drinks, and spectacular views are just the start to what Silver Lake Country Club can offer. I HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking to host a wonderful event.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

Amy was absolutely amazing from beginning to end!!!!! She was so down to earth and helped us thru the entire process!!! She went way above and beyond what she had to! She took my two year old niece on a nice long golf cart ride so that the bridal party could get pictures taken outside without having to chase her. She was there all day making sure we had everything we needed! Oh and the bridal suite to get ready in was wonderful!!! At one point there were three brides and their bridal parties downstairs getting ready at once and there was plenty of room!!! Silver lake is Definitely the place to get married at!! Beautiful grounds!!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Gyamfuah · Married on 08/15/2015

We had our big day on 08.15.15 at Silver Lake Country Club in the west garden. My fiancé and I went to three other places but the moment we got to silver lake we knew we have found a home for our guest. We were not looking for a flamboyant banquet hall but an elegant place that offered intimacy. That was exactly what silver lake presented to us, a homely atmosphere.

They were very accommodating especially Amy and Jeanine. I took about, I don't know how many people, to check the place out. They all had questions and changes to be made with each visit but the staff were patient and effected all the changes for us.

Then it rained on my wedding day yee!!!!!. How beautiful and stress free Amy made that situation look and feel. To think that the favorite part of the wedding according to our guest was when they had to use their white umbrellas. Funny right, but that is silver lake for you. Guest can't stop talking about the food (yum) and the portions. Our day was so much fun we forgot it ever rained during the ceremony because our guest were in love with the atmosphere silver lake presented. Thank you to Amy and Jeanine especially for all the help in making our wedding unique. My pastor still talks about how unique it was.

If you are looking for a good place for a wedding silver lake is your best choice. Don't let the structure of the building deceive you just go in and see.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Caitlin · Married on 08/08/2015

Silver Lakes Country club was an absolutely beautiful place to get married! Their staff is OUTSTANDING. They truly made the entire process easy and seamless. They were organized, professional, and have wonderful personalities. I strongly recommend this venue to anyone who is considering. The pricing was phenomenal and they even gave us money back for unexpected "no-shows". Overall it was an unforgettable experience.

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2015

Beautiful ceremony and reception. Wonderful service from all involved- from the first day of planning to the food testing to the rehearsal to the big day. Wouldn't change a hing and highly recommend this venue for your wedding day!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Evelina · Married on 08/07/2015

I have had the most amazing wedding at Silver Lake! The staff truly exceeded my expectations, they were so attentive, friendly and helpful from the very first moment I stepped through the door on my wedding day. Silver Lake truly made me and my husband feel special on our day and made sure our day ran smooth and according to the program. The food was good, the drinks were good, and I truly enjoyed my night. Highly recommend this venue from all my heart.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Kelly · Married on 08/01/2015

Great venue! Great service and food! Very professional and great to work with.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Kathy · Married on 07/31/2015

Silver Lake was phenomenal throughout our entire wedding process. We had first met with Janene and she showed us around without being rushed through the tour. After booking, if we had any questions, they (Janene, Amy, and Jeff) were either answering right away or we received a call or email back very quickly. They accommodated all of our ideas/plans for the wedding day and offered suggestions to help make things run more smoothly. We had our ceremony at the outside chapel and they transported guests back and forth on golf carts. Our guests really appreciated it! Linda handled the day of our wedding and she was absolutely amazing. She made sure that the wedding party was happy and helped coordinate people and pictures so the bride and groom wouldn't collide before the ceremony. Overall, I don't think the day could have gone better. The site was beautiful, the backdrop in the East Garden room was amazing with the flowers and greenery during daylight and the white lights in the evening.

Comparing to other venues, I liked the way Silver Lake gives you an all-inclusive price (including gratuity and tax) so you know the bottom line before signing the contract. They also give a 5% no-show allowance for those guests who can't make the wedding at the last minute. We ended up getting a check back for that 5%.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Magdalena · Married on 07/11/2015

We had a fairly small and simple ceremony and reception. We invited approximately 50 people and everyone made it to the ceremony/reception. Our ceremony started slightly later than we anticipated due to the weather but Silver Lake was very accommodating providing stylish white umbrellas to keep things uniform as well as telling us not to stress about our time slot, We were given the option of having our ceremony inside if the weather did not let up, but by the grace of God the rain stopped just long enough for us to have our outdoor ceremony. They provided the use of their golf carts to get our older guests to/from the reception area. There were lots of hors d'oeuvres, an open bar, and they provided us with a cake table as well as our photo/props table. The food was delicious and I wish I had gotten to eat more of it!

The renovated bridal room was great, it provided a lot of space for my bridal party to get ready and giving us privacy and just a place to relax before the big moment. My only wish would be if the groom's room was as nice as the bridal room. The guys only had the locker room (although my husband didn't complain).

The servers and bartenders were very attentive checking with us throughout the day/night to see if there was anything we needed. We would take the chef home if we were able as the food was delicious (Yes, I'm mentioning this again).

I never want to go through wedding planning again, but Silver Lake made the ceremony and reception a breeze, and I would recommend them to anyone. Which we actually have been doing already.

To top it off, we were surprised to receive a gift from Silver Lake on our wedding day. Thanks Amy and Jeanine for all your help it was much appreciated.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Nefertitti · Married on 07/10/2015

Silver Lake Country Club is a hidden gem located in the south suburbs of Illinois. I found this hidden gem by reading reviews on the Knot and the Wedding Wire. SIlver Lake CC is not only beautiful but affordable. I had a modest $10k budget, and I was able to have my ceremony outside at their lushful garden following a fun filled reception. People couldn't stop talking about the delicious food, excellent bar service, and beautiful banquet room. To my surprise, they were in the process of remodeling their banquet rooms so I was able to get all this before their rates go up. The staff are amazing and are accommodating from the planning stage to setting up for "the big day!" You can't get this anywhere else on a modest budget! Thanks for making my day unforgettable!!

Sent on 09/25/2015

jeannine · Married on 05/16/2015

From the moment we looked at Silver Lake, until after the wedding, everyone was so nice and helpful. Our ceremony was outside, and it was BEAUTIFUL! All of our guests enjoyed it. A golf cart was available to take guests who had problems walking, to and from the ceremony site to reception site. Everyone LOVED the food. I wouldn't have changed a thing! Amy and Janene were quick to respond to all of my questions and concerns. I just can't say enough good things about this place! The bridal suite was recently remodeled and was wonderful. This is just a gorgeous place to get married, and their prices are so reasonable!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/09/2015

Beautiful wedding

My husband and I had our wedding and reception here. Everything was absolutely gorgeous. The food was delicious. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. I highly recommend this venue and would love to have another gathering here.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Alyssa · Married on 04/25/2015

We had our wedding reception at Silver Lake in April. We live in Massachusetts and were planning our wedding out of town. They were great working with us over the phone and through email as well. They were quick to respond and gave us all the information we needed to make our reception great. They even stocked the bar with a few bottles of my husband's favorite rum free of charge. All of our friends and family absolutely loved all the food! We chose family style and the guests were raving about how delicious it was and how much they liked being able to pick and choose what to eat and how much. I would definitely recommend Silver Lake to anyone looking for a great reception venue with amazing staff who truly make the day about you and your husband.

Erin · Married on 01/17/2015

I cannot say enough about how great Silver Lake Country Club was for our wedding. I worked with Amy and Janene during the planning process and couldn't have been happier with them. They respond to emails so fast and everything I asked them was a yes. I really spent a lot of time on decorations to make our reception unique and whenever I brought something up to them they had no problem with it. And they even seemed excited about it as well! Silver Lake even built me and my husband an entire smore bar for our wedding! It turned out beautiful and all the guests loved it! We had our reception in the West garden room which they just painted a more modern neutral color and one of the bar areas had brand new tile which looked amazing. The garden areas surrounding the reception room are also lite up with white lights which we loved. The food was excellent and the staff was so helpful and friendly the entire night. I would highly recommend Silver Lake for any future bride or anyone looking to throw an event.

Sent on 01/30/2015

Not a run of the mill Country Club, Silver Lake is set back from busy roads and intersections, a nice feeling of seclusion while still near to all the important stuff! Definitely recommend this venue. I found this blog especially helpful -- http://www.felixandfingers.com/silver-lake-country-club-meets-dueling-pianos/

Sent on 02/27/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/08/2014

Beautiful setting, amazing staff, delicious food, overall perfect setting for my wedding reception! We got beautiful photos on their grounds. My guests were raving about the food. I was so lucky that they had a last minute cancellation so that I was able to have my wedding there. It was honestly the most perfect night and I want to send a million thank yous to everyone at Silver Lake!!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/18/2014

Amy did a marvelous job. They really know how to help the bride plan everything and make the dream wedding come to life.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2014

Silver Lake Country Club is a great venue for a wedding reception. Everyone loved the room (West Garden) and raved about the food. The staff was great to work with and accommodated all of our personal requests. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/03/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2014

The hall was great! They helped run our Rehearsal and took care of setting everything up in the rooms to make sure it looked perfect, and helped run everything the day of the wedding. I didn't have to stress or worry about anything! The food was fantastic!! All of our guests couldn't get over how great the food was...when we have our first baby-I want my baby shower at Silver Lake!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Carol · Married on 09/27/2014

Everyone was extremely accommodating & very helpful . Amy & Janene made planning very easy. The lakeside ceremony site was absolutely gorgeous & the east side banquet room was beautiful. The food was amazing. We couldn't have planned a better day. Thank you.

Sent on 10/11/2014