Silver Lake Country Club Reviews

136 | Orland Park, IL

136 Reviews for Silver Lake Country Club

Erin · Married on 07/07/2017

I did not want to get married at a country club, but after attending a wedding of a friend at Silver Lake, we decided it was exactly what we wanted for our wedding... Now, I have no idea why anyone would want to get married anywhere but Silver Lake! I had such an amazing experience with them. EVERYONE you work with at Silver Lake is friendly and responsive and keeps you on task! They really want to make sure you have the best day possible, and they are so organized and helpful. We were married in the gazebo, and it was SO beautiful. We did not even need to decorate the aisle because they have flowers and decor outside.. The gardens are absolutely stunning, and you will get AMAZING pictures. There are so many places to take them.. Our reception was in the Garden room, and it is unbelievable how pretty the room looks with the large windows with the lights on the trees outside. Oh, and the food is AMAZING! So good. I worked with Amy and Janene with the planning of the wedding, and they were incredible - No matter who you're working with, they all keep the same notes and can pick up wherever someone else left off. On the day of, Linda and Jeff, staff members of Silver Lake, were not only helpful but SO enthusiastic and excited, which just made the day that much better. To top it all off, they have the best prices out of anyone you will find in town! Tax and gratuity is included in the pricing, and they will pay you back up to a certain percentage of people who don't show up the day of (which ended up happening in our case!!)... Where else can you find that?! I looked at other, more expensive country clubs in the area, and NOTHING even comes close. Silver Lake is not only a more beautiful venue, but also more reasonable. I can not say enough great things about them, and I am so thankful I had my wedding there.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2017

I would recommend Silver Lake Country Club for anyone planning a wedding. They were easy to deal with from day 1. Very flexible, responsive, and willing to accommodate any additional requests. Their prices are very straight forward....no hidden costs! The staff was great to work with! The bartenders were so nice and always ready to serve. We got so many compliments after the wedding on how nice the service was. The servers on the day of the wedding were so nice and kept checking in with both myself and my groom to make sure everything was as planned or if they could do anything else for us. Food was great. Even the set up of my dessert donuts and pictures for the memorial section we had was great. I didn't have anything special to display our donuts and when we arrived at the reception, I saw how awesome it all looked. I didn't have to worry about a thing because I knew everything was taken care of. I can't say enough about everyone at Silver Lake. We loved them!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Christina · Married on 05/26/2017

Silver Lake was the perfect choice for our wedding! We were beyond satisfied with what we expected. From the staff, to the food, to the ceremony site and so much more- we were amazed at how it all came together. They were so accommodating to what we wanted to do- and let us show our true style. They even allowed us to do Fireworks for us that night! We will never forget our wedding day- and we have a huge thanks to give to them because of it. Silver Lake will always have a special place in our hearts. We love you!!!!
    Christina & Stabley. 5/26/17

Sent on 09/09/2017

Karen · Married on 04/29/2017

Don't hesitate to book with them. This was not my first experience with wedding vendors. By far the best I have dealt with.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Amy · Married on 04/29/2017

Silver Lake Country Club is the perfect venue for any wedding! We had our wedding there April, 29 and it was absolutely perfect. All of our guests had nothing but positive comments! The food was fabulous, the pictures turned out amazing, and the staff was super friendly! If you are looking for a stress free wedding Silver Lake is the place to go! Amy does a wonderful job. Her vendor list makes finding limo's, florists, photographers, and DJ's a piece of cake! We chose all from her recommended list and everything went smoothly!

Sent on 05/21/2017

KEVIN · Married on 03/18/2017

Dear Amy and Silver Lake Staff,
    The Mescall family wants to take this opportunity to brag upon you! Our son, John, and his new bride, Janice, continue to rave on about their wedding party held at your hall. The setting is so beautiful and inviting both inside and out. You were flexible allowing an Irish family to decorate to our desire. The hall was festive in green for St. Patrick’s Day Weekend matching the cake and spot lighting. We were able to use our specialized decorations throughout, center pieces, and focus tastefully upon the memory table for recognition of family members departed. We had many questions prior which everyone was kind in allowing us to ask. You provided common sense professional advice enabling our decision making processes. The wedding folder provided a helpful resource aiding in finding just the right people to service our every need. You made us feel like family giving valued advice. We celebrated our day without any surprises. The food was delicious and friendly servers complimented the whole event. We loved our wedding celebration because of your attention to every detail. You made an occasion that could bring much stress, easy and enjoyable. We highly recommend your facility to anybody needing an environment for any special occasion.

Sent on 10/07/2017
  • barbiecake88

Jill · Married on 12/17/2016

Silver Lake Country Club was the ideal reception venue from start to finish.

Sent on 12/31/2016

NICOLE · Married on 10/15/2016

Silver Lake was absolutely amazing! They responded quickly via email when I had questions leading up to the wedding. The day of, they were so attentive, helping my guests, bridal party and of course myself and husband. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff were great! They made my day absolutely amazing and I highly suggest Silver Lake for anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/02/2016

Silver Lake was AMAZING! They were very helpful and beyond prepared. It happened to start raining right as we were starting the ceremony (which was outside!) But Amy and her team were prepared and brought out all white umbrellas for everyone. It looked beautiful.

Sent on 10/26/2016

We had our wedding in September and I could not have asked for a more beautiful venue! The entire event went smoothly and everything was more perfect than I could have imagined! This was all thanks to the wonderful staff, especially Amy and Janine! The food was absolutely fantastic everyone was raving about the food weeks later! Amy and Janine were extremely helpful in helping us plan the perfect wedding and making sure the day of the wedding everything went perfect! I would highly recommend this venue! You could not ask for more beautiful grounds and flowers to be the backdrop in your wedding photos. Just absolute perfection!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Kelsey · Married on 08/27/2016

Such a great and accommodating place to have a wedding! Someone was always there to help and always making sure everything you wanted was taken care of. The people there are super nice! Could not have asked for a better day for our wedding! Amy was helpful throughout the entire process and on the day of! It's such a beautiful place and the new fountain added to our ceremony site!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2016

If you want punctual and helpful service, beautiful scenery and amazing food then I would recommend having the best day of your life at Silver Lake Country Club!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/25/2016

We celebrated our wedding on 6/25/2016, and it turned out PERFECT. We had our ceremony by the pond and our reception in the East Garden Room. so many guests complimented the beautiful location. Very accommodating and competitively priced!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Katy · Married on 06/24/2016

We celebrated our marriage on June 24 and could have not asked for a better venue to accommodate everything we were looking for! The scenery is absolutely gorgeous around the golf course and around the gardens! The pictures our guests took and our wedding party took came out amazing! The staff at SLCC is what originally sold us on booking this venue. Amy and Janene and the whole staff made our day run so smooth and tailored our wedding to what we wanted without a blink of an eye! They were so friendly and helpful with all questions we had throughout the process. We had friends and family comment that this was the best wedding food that they have ever had! (We did family style). I would highly recommend booking this venue!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Amy · Married on 06/11/2016

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Silver Lake! Amy and Janene were incredibly helpful throughout the wedding planning process, and they made sure everything went totally smoothly the day of the wedding. I did not need to worry a bit about anything because they were so thorough and careful with the details. In terms of the venue itself, it is absolutely gorgeous! With all the windows and the views of the pond and the flowers, all of our guests were commenting on how amazing it was. They also were commenting on the food!!! We heard from tons of guests about how it was the best wedding food they had ever had, and I completely agree. Overall, everyone went above and beyond, including bringing the bridal party cold towels and water while we took pictures because it was over 90 degrees! I am so grateful we decided to have our wedding there, and I don't have a single complaint about anything!!!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Claire · Married on 06/10/2016

I just had my wedding reception at Silver Lake on June 10th and it was AMAZING! When looking for a venue my husband and I went all over the south suburbs and none of them came close to Silver Lake. The moment we walked in we were greeted by Amy, after just a few minutes of talking to her I felt as though I was planning a wedding with one of my girlfriends. Silver Lake made the whole planning process so easy and stress free. They are super quick to respond to emails and are so accommodating. The day of the wedding was flawless. The staff there knows what they are doing and are so professional. All of my guests raved about the food and how good the service was. We also were able to use the outdoor patio, which our guests loved. Long story short, you will not be disappointed if you book with Silver Lake!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Aylesa · Married on 06/03/2016

Silver Lake Country Club helped make our wedding one of the best days of our lives. They delivered with EXCELLENCE! We started working with Janene and finished up with Amy - both are excellent. Janene was very prompt, very responsive and extremely helpful. There was not one question that I asked that she wasn't able to accommodate. Planning a wedding can be very stressful so I really appreciate Janene's positive attitude and making all of our interactions stress-free. We had our tasting 7 months prior to our wedding and our food tasted just as fresh and delicious as it did on the night of our group tasting. SLCC staff is superb! Our wedding took place in the WEST Garden Room and we utilized the outdoor ceremony site in the back of the reception room. BEAUTIFUL view and the abundance of flowers were perfect for pictures. We appreciate the water infused with lemons that was available during our ceremony for guests. Our guests are still raving about the venue and food. During cocktail hour we ordered the pass hors d'oeuvres (shrimp jammers, bacon wrapped dates and spanikopita) and our guests are still mentioning how delicious they were. Overall, we definitely recommend this venue. Personal Touches: 1) The wedding party took pictures on the beautiful golf course grounds and the staff provided a large golf cart to transport us. 2) SLCC accommodated my husbands request for craft beer to be available at the reception. 3) SLCC provided everything we needed for our signature drink AND even drew the sailboat that we had left with our day of instructions. Very detailed oriented! Thank you for everything! Mr. & Mrs. Harden EST. 6-3-16

Sent on 07/14/2016

Erika · Married on 05/29/2016

My wedding was on May 29, 2016 and I cannot express enough on how great Silver Lake was! They made sure to not let me worry or stress about anything!!! Their food was amazing, their staff was so kind and I just want to say thank you and to book with them if you haven't already done so! They truly made our day very stress free and memorable!!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/07/2016

We had booked this venue for our wedding in August but decided to cancel to have a more intimate wedding. If anyone is interested our date of Saturday, August 22, 2015 is now available! The ceremony site was to be held in the garden and I loved the room where our reception was to be held, it contained large windows that overlook a garden that lights up at night. Throughout this whole process the venue has been awesome. Promptly responding to emails whenever I had a question and giving us a list of recommended vendors. If I ever have the need to hold another event this will be the place we use. Hopefully someone can enjoy the date that's now available!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Laura · Married on 04/30/2016

We had our wedding reception at Silver Lake CC on 04/30/2016 and I couldn’t be happier with our decision! First and foremost, the entire staff there was absolutely amazing to work with! Throughout the entire process, they were so friendly & helpful. They always seemed to be willing to go above & beyond in order to make our night as memorable as possible. They were also so readily available to meet or talk with us whenever we had any questions. The food/drink service staff was hands down THE BEST service we’ve seen/heard of. Our guests won’t stop telling us how great the food was and how friendly and quick the wait staff/bartenders were. The venue itself was beautiful. We had a larger party so we had the entire garden room (both east & west rooms), which was perfect. The room was so spacious and we also had access to the awesome outdoor patio.
    All in all, I would DEFINITELY recommend anyone to host their wedding reception, or event of any sort for that matter, at Silver Lake. Pricing was reasonable for the beautiful venue and awesome service that was provided! We knew the whole time we were in good hands with the staff at Silver Lake CC - They made the whole wedding planning ordeal as stress-free as possible.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Brittany · Married on 04/16/2016

I am SO glad I found Silver Lake for my April 16, 2016 wedding! This place is up front about everything you will get in your wedding package -no surprise fees or hidden "Well, you can have that FOR A PRICE" shticks- and they are so willing to make changes and accommodations to make your day everything you want it to be. Not only that, but Amy, Janene, and Kelly were amazing to work with- they always had time for me randomly dropping by to see the lighting or calling four times a day for stage measurements and "can we have 3 tables of 10?" and were HAPPY to answer every question and put my mind at total ease. Not to mention the venues themselves, for ceremony, reception, and photographs, are simply gorgeous. I literally couldn't have asked for a better experience with my venue. In fact, my experience was so good, my best friend (and bridesmaid) is having her own wedding at Silver Lake next fall- I obviously could not recommend them more highly!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Ramona · Married on 04/09/2016

I would HIGHLY recommend Silver Lake for a wedding. We had our reception there and everything was beyond perfect! From the very beginning they responded quickly to every e-mail I had with pricing, concerns, follow up etc. They were always on top of their game and were extremely helpful. They are so fun to work with as well. They made everything enjoyable and put us at ease. When we met them a couple days before the reception, we were able to drop off some items for the hall and they took care of putting the decorations out. Although we kept it simple, they did exactly what I had in mind and did not even have to go in to detail. We also used their shuttle to help our guests get to and from the reception. Everyone raved about the food and service! They helped make this the best day and I just cannot say enough wonderful things about them or this venue. They were affordable as well! I would suggest them to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/29/2016
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 04/08/2016

The Best Place Out There!

Silver Lake Country Club is an amazing place to have any special event. We could not be happier with the process of planning our wedding from start to finish with Amy, Janet and the team. The entire staff at Silver Lake was so helpful, kind, easy to work with, funny and calm--everything a bride and groom could ask for on their special day. The golf course was picture perfect and the newly remodeled reception room was elegant and beautiful (we especially loved the way the lights twinkled through the windows at night-so romantic). One of our main priorities was finding a place with good food for an even better price. The food at Silver Lake was incredible!! Our family and friends STILL rave about the exceptional service and delicious meal at our wedding. And we still can’t believe the price was so budget friendly-you will not find a better value anywhere else! We would recommend Silver Lake over and over again!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Peggy · Married on 03/19/2016

We were just married March 19, 2016 and Silver Lake was absolutely wonderful to work with! Janine, Amy, and Kelly could not have been more accommodating, flexible, or helpful! The room was gorgeous and they set everything up, even nicer than I imagined. Guests are still calling to rave about the reception, the food, and how beautiful everything looked. We'd definitely recommend them to any bride and groom!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Marissa · Married on 03/12/2016

I looked everywhere for a local venue that was affordable and this was the best by far. Not only was it affordable but the food was good and the grounds were beautiful. I had a March wedding and the grounds were still green and well taken care of. The staff was friendly, organized, and accommodating. I appreciate their help and they were always quick to respond to my emails. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/29/2016