Silver Charm Events Reviews

37 | Los Angeles, CA

37 Reviews for Silver Charm Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Dione · Married on 08/20/2004

You cannot find a more organized, energetic, or enthusiastic wedding planner than Liz Coopersmith of Silver Charm Events. When planning our wedding, Liz made every effort to anticipate and satisfy all of our needs, even needs we didn't know we had! Our pre-wedding worries were all put to rest thanks to her presence and diligence. Liz showed us enormous dedication in planning the perfect wedding down to the smallest detail. This dedication was certainly shown the day of our wedding when she seriously hurt her foot and still showed up to perform her duties. She went above and beyond the call of duty for us, always offering to do more than was asked of her and without expecting anything more in return. Liz Coopersmith clearly loves what she's doing and that's what makes her an excellent wedding planner.

Sent on 08/29/2008

Tim · Married on 08/16/1992

Although the waiting time for their services was pretty long, in the end everything worked out perfectly and my wife and I were able to have a pleasant wedding.

Sent on 04/18/2009

Nicole · Married on 02/05/2009

Liz was AMAZING! She was very responsive to my needs and desires, and always kept my budget in mind. I was new to the LA area and all her recommendations were spot on. She has great contacts and I've met equally wonderful people through her.

Sent on 06/04/2010

Megan · Married on 11/11/2016

Liz was our day-of coordinator, but she definitely went above and beyond to make sure all of the pieces came together before the big day. She was great at handling all of the little details behind the scenes to help make our wedding day a stress-free and fun experience. She works really hard to touch base with all of the various vendors and keep everything and everyone organized. Knowing she had it all under control allowed me to relax and enjoy!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Silver Charm Events's reply:

Working with you two was a wonderful experience for me, too, thank you! I loved being able to help you create such a beautiful and fun day.

Diane · Married on 02/21/2005

Liz was amazing to work with. I was living in San Jose and planning a Santa Monica wedding so having her available to visit locations, make plans and basically be my local eyes and ears was fabulous. She took the stress out of my day. No matter what anyone says, you do not want to be your own planner the day of! You want someone who is not you, your family or friends on site the day of to make sure everything is running smoothly. She allowed my husband, family and friends to enjoy the day and not worry!

Sent on 11/07/2008

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2011

Hiring Liz was an excellent decision. We wanted to have a day-of coordinator to take off some of the stress of our wedding day and Liz was perfect for this. She helped us get organized ahead of time and was always checking in to see if we needed anything. She's very sweet and wonderful to work with--she's so organized. Then, on the day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing! Thanks Liz!

Sent on 09/12/2011

4.2
      3.5

Overall, Liz is great - we could not have pulled off the wedding without her! She found us fantastic vendors at great prices. She's friendly & easy to work with, and our wedding was more enjoyable because we didn't have to deal with all the details ourselves.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Ani · Married on 11/17/2007

4.2

Liz Coopersmith of Silver Charm Events was my wedding day coordinator and I can honestly say that working with her gave me the peace of mind that I otherwise would not have had on that happy but stressful day. She was extremely professional, paid very close attention to my needs and expectations for the day and was an integral part of the organization at both the church and the reception site. I would strongly recommend speaking with Liz about any planning needs.

Sent on 01/02/2008

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

We hired Liz to coordinate our wedding on the day of. It was her first time coordinating an Indian wedding, so it was definitely a new experience for her and her team. Overall, Liz did a good job of handling and coordinating the wedding and taking care of things such as setting up for both the ceremony and reception,
    making sure the hotel staff were on standby to wait on us during the reception, returning all of our belongings at the end of the night, ensuring we got pictures on the rooftop with fireworks in the background, and coordinating the vendors arrivals, payments, and tips.

Since I did all the planning for my wedding, I provided Liz with a detailed schedule that she worked off of for the day of the wedding. Even with the detailed schedule there were a few occurrences during the wedding where the coordination could have been better. For example, she didn't have a hard copy of the schedule printed out so when her phone died she wasn't sure what was next on the timeline. At another point there was nobody there to queue the DJ to start the music for the bridesmaids entrances.
    It's possible some of the disconnect came from the fact that I planned the wedding and she stepped in to execute the day of.

These were minor issues in the grand scheme of things. If you're an organized bride, I think Silver Charm Events can step in to handle those details that you can't tend to on the day of your wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Silver Charm Events's reply:

While this was was my first Indian wedding, I'm very happy that they were pleased with their experience working with me. I do implement business practices (i.e., using google docs on my iPad and smartphone) to ensure that each wedding goes off successfully. I'm extremely appreciative to have had this opportunity to help them put the finishing touches on what was a beautiful and amazing day.

3.8
      3.5

Liz was a wonderful day-of coordinator that really came through for us on our wedding day. We truly had nothing to worry about and everything went smoothly. Until the few weeks before our wedding, we really didn't need to use Liz's expertise or services very much - I think we were fairly laid back clients as she reached out to us on a number of occasions to see if we needed help with anything, but we had it pretty well figured out and organized on our end. She was professional and definitely did her job well, and we would recommend her to any of our friends in need of a day-of coordinator.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Silver Charm Events's reply:

I'm so glad that this couple had such a great experience with me, and I had a wonderful time working with them, as well. Even though I always strive for a perfect score, I'm more pleased that they would recommend me to other couples looking for a Day-of Coordinator.

0.4
      0.5

The WORST mistake I made for my wedding was hiring Liz as a wedding coordinator.

Planning was chaotic. She was late for appointments and blamed it on traffic. She never followed up on the things I requested.

But it wasn't just me: vendors, bridesmaids, and multiple people in the wedding party complained about her as well . A few vendors had prior experience with her and wondered why in the world I chose her as my wedding planner. A few weeks before the wedding, I reached out to few other wedding coordinators and asked their opinions regarding the wedding. They were surprised how po

Here are the list of the things didn't go as planned on the wedding day:
    1. Timeline - she had an old version of the timeline, so nothing was coordinated. She kept coming up to my table and asking me "what's happening next?" "Is the father-and daughter dance happening?" The DJ realized her info was wrong, so he just bypassed her and spoke with me directly the rest of the night, not an ideal situation.

2. Procession orders/music - She did not know who was walking down the aisle until 3 minutes before the procession started. I myself finally had to line up the wedding party and had them walk down the aisle in the correct order, she did not go over the list of music with the DJ, so I walked down the aisle with wrong music!

3, Cake cutting - Weeks prior, the DJ had asked me to pick a cake cutting song, but Liz didn't know. She kept insisting we should just do it without because other people usually don't have a song for cake cutting. (such a lie!)

4. Dismissive to our parents -she was very disrespectful to both of our parents in very apparent way, and our guests hated her.

6. Parking - We reserved a paid parking lot for our guests and vendors, but Liz did not let the vendors know, so they ended up paying a parking fee (which of course they had to bill us for).

Sent on 09/20/2014

Silver Charm Events's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to read through all of my other great reviews to get to this one. I was saddened to hear that this customer did not have an ideal experience. As you can see from the positive feedback I've gotten over the years, I always go above and beyond to ensure that all my couples receive the best service possible leading up to their wedding, and especially on their wedding day.

Nicole · Married on 07/13/2013

0.4
      0.0
      0.0
      1.0

Liz of Silver Charm Events:
    Nice girl, but not prepared to be a wedding planner. We got married at Our lady Queen of Angels in Newport Beach and reception at Big Canyon.
    Hired Liz for day of. She sent an email saying she would be gone 3 of our 5 hrs on day of. After a strong letter we sent, she decided to show up. Did not have skills to take charge. No saftey pins, hairspray or other items a wedding planner would have for the bride. She had tiny pins far away in her car. We could not find my bustle, and I couldn't walk out to my reception.Didn't have photographer take pictures of our decorated Golf Cart. Caused us more distress then ever imagined. Unfortunately, I would not recommend Liz Coopersmith to anyone ever as a wedding planner. Really feel you need to interview several planners before you make such an emotional and costly mistake.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Nicole,

I'm sorry that my day-of coordination services never met your expectations, so I understand your frustration. More specifically, when I told you that I might have to miss part of your reception, this was a situation that has never happened to me before, in almost 10 years in business. That is why I offered to not only replace myself with one of my senior coordinators, but also to give you an additional $100 discount to the $200 discount you had originally received from me. But, as it turned out, I was there to coordinate your wedding for the entire day, with an assistant, as per our contract. As to the other issues in your review, I deeply regret if they caused you to enjoy your wedding less than you feel you should have, or to look back on that day with anything but happiness and satisfaction.

Best of wishes to you and Dr. Donovan,