SILK EVENTS DJ + Lighting Reviews

92 | Boston, MA

92 Reviews for SILK EVENTS DJ + Lighting

Ruchi · Married on 07/07/2018

Rishi and his team were great to work with! Finding a great DJ was one of the most important vendors for us. We wanted to make sure our family /friends had a great night and that is exactly what happened. The most compliments we received for our was that the DJ was great! RIshi had a prep call with us prior to the wedding and he goes through each and every detail of the wedding weekend. He knew exactly what we wanted. Rishi was the DJ/MC for the reception and Rajan played the dhol. They both really got the crowd going. Overall it was all awesome and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! I would highly recommend Silk Events ....You won't be disappointed!

Andrew · Married on 06/23/2018

We had Sakshi and Virag as DJ and MC for our wedding in June 2018. Throughout the planning process, they were easy to reach and always centered our goals/opinions. They guided us through all the pieces of the evening program smoothly and with good energy. And while we were dancing, they incorporated some on-the-fly feedback instantly without complaint. I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Arpit · Married on 06/08/2018

Rishi was amazing to work with!

Hemali · Married on 05/21/2017

Rishi was amazing! My husband and I were looking for someone with high energy and the ability to keep everyone dancing. Rishi met all of our goals from the barat to the entrances to the reception. He was really easy to work with in picking out songs and making sure they blended. Rishi and Shruti both made it very easy and stressfree to wedding plan! They were one of the few vendors we didn't have any major issues with and knew exactly what to expect.

Would highly recommend him and Silk Events!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Rishi did the lighting, DJ/dhol and MC services for my wedding in July 2015. We loved how flexible and easy to work with Rishi was. In addition, he was very responsive and got back to us immediately- which isn't always the case with vendors!

The wedding event was amazing and had everyone talking about Rishi's services for months and months! The dhol and music at the baraat was high energy, the music had everyone going crazy on the dance floor, the lighting was gorgeous and so were the monograms on the wall, and the MCing set the mood just right.

I would definitely recommend Rishi for wedding events in the future, he will make sure you and your whole family are happy!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Ami · Married on 05/30/2015

I hired Rishi and Silk Events for our wedding in May 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge. Rishi and his team did a phenomenal job and we could not have been more pleased! He did an amazing job with LEDs and spotlights that accentuated and highlighted the 180 degree view of the Charles and Boston skyline beautifully, in a way that I would have never imagined! He also DJ'd our event, which included several dance/singing performances. He went above and beyond in that he made several mixes for some of the performances. We traded a huge number of emails and many painstaking phone conversations, in order to get the timings exactly right!
    For the Baraat, Rishi supplied a van with speakers and played Dhol throughout. The Baraat was amazing! My husband danced up a storm with his family and friends. The dhol complemented the music perfectly and added that extra energy which is needed for a Baraat.
    For the reception, at the last minute we decided the lighting I had originally decided on would probably clash with the decor. I entrusted Rishi with the task of selecting a new lighting pattern and color, and the results could not have been any better! He also designed a custom monogram for us which looked awesome!
    Rishi also DJ'd the reception and he did a great job announcing family and bridal party, with his high energy, clear and concise announcing voice! Everyone loved the music he played as well, which was a good mix of Bollywood and American music. The whole night was high-energy and people did not leave the dance floor. My one critique would be in the future to make sure that he goes through a couple's playlist (if they have provided one) so that he is certain about which songs they absolutely want played at some point during the night.
    I would not recommend anyone else but Silk Events. Rishi is an amazing guy to work with- he is responsive, innovative, and easygoing. He will deliver nothing but the best results and make sure that you are more than happy!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Rishi was a terrific DJ and dhol player. He ensured that the event went smoothly, he was enthusiastic, and really knew how to get the crowd in a festive mood. All our guests had terrific feedback regarding his music.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Jamaal · Married on 08/26/2012

Awesome service! He did custom mixes for our entrances and also lighting... Great great job!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Juhin · Married on 12/28/2013

Rishi was a great DJ! He was very friendly and easy to work with. He also customized all the songs to our liking and made sure we approved everything before the big night. Rishi, you're awesome :)

Sent on 03/12/2014

3.5

Rishi DJ'd our at home receception when we returned from our wedding in Mexico and he was great! He was very professional and took a lot of time to walk me through all aspects of the process. He had a detailed spreadsheet that I was able to fill out with details of the night and what kind of music we wanted played so I didn't have to worry about that aspect of the night at all. I would definitely recommend him for any future event you are considering!

Sent on 08/31/2012

Rishi and his team were marvelous at our wedding at Elm Bank!! He is professional, receptive, and very accommodating regarding music requests. We had an Indian fusion wedding that was on the smaller side, with an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. Rishi was on point with the ceremony music cues, and kept our guests dancing through the whole evening at the reception. He is knowledgable about music and was able to read our crowd perfectly - many commented that he was one of the best DJs ever, and I would totally agree! He and his MC were the perfect DJ duo for our wedding, we would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/26/2017
  • User2982073 · 2+ years ago

Rishi and Silk Events come with my highest recommendations - they were the best wedding DJ I have ever seen at a wedding, and they are 100% the reason we had such a great party. Our guests still tell us how great the music was almost a year later. Rishi was also incredibly professional in meeting at our convenience, customizing his services for our unique venue, advocating for us at the venue to get maximal impact, chatting on the phone close to the date, and being in email communication. We could not have asked for better responsiveness. For our event, he did music during the ceremony through the reception, up lighting, and played dhol during the baraat. Everything flowed well with his direction, he filled time that could be awkward with charm, and we can't stop raving about him. That he was so reasonably priced on top of all of these other attributes seems almost too good to be true, but believe it! We would use him again, and I pass along his info to all the couples I know getting married, not just the a South Asians!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Nidhi · Married on 10/13/2013

Rishi & Jay provided great services for both the Sangeet and the Reception the following day. Both were prompt, helpful and created a great atmosphere for us to throw a great party.

I would definitely recommend either or both of them for your next event!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Prachi · Married on 09/04/2011

4.2
      3.5

Rishi played Dhol at my wedding bharaat. He was on time, very professional and played really well. He engaged with the crowd and worked well with our DJ to coordinate music momentum. Everyone had a great time with his dhol playing.

Sent on 08/28/2012

3.5

The experience was great! and we will definitely get them back for our next event!

Sent on 06/16/2013
  • Dia

Dia · Married on 07/27/2019

Disappointed

I am so hesitant to leave negative reviews and had to sit on this review for a few months but I think feedback needs to be heard, even for a company like Silkevents thriving without much competition for Desi DJs in Boston area. I hired Silkevents for my Hindu wedding. Initial contact, discussion and securing a contract was seamless with Rishi. I honestly think he is a nice guy.

My wedding was inter-cultural/inter-faith but it was the second wedding catered towards my Hindu guests after a Sikh wedding the week before. After the contract was secured, I was paired with a different DJ by Rishi which I had no qualms about. However, what did stick out throughout the process was how the new DJ was the only vendor who did not make first initial contact to get to know me as a client unlike every other vendor. Amidst wedding planning and being a bride while holding a job down, it can get hard to keep up with every vendor which is why I appreciated the ones who checked in. I believe I did not hear from him until the month of my wedding and I was the one who had reached out.

When I finally got in touch with my DJ, I was told he did not have much experience with my ethnic music (which I totally understood) and sent him a list of songs with the recommendation that they stick with the list but could mix things up with Bollywood songs of their choice as most of my guests would also be familiar with Bollywood. He seemed ok with this idea and no concerns were presented to me during our phone calls. I also went over the timeline of events for reception with him. I did feel "rushed" every time I spoke on the phone with him which also stuck out to me.

The day of, bride's side was ready to go before the ceremony but there was a delay on Baraat even though groom's family was also ready to go. I came to find out later that the Baraat van was not ready on time. But nobody from Silkevents felt the need to bring this up to me later. The baraat was at least 15 minutes behind scheduled time. I looked past this as an initial glitch until the reception when there were several "random never- heard- before songs" played which was not on the list I had given to my DJ. I had clearly recommended they stick to the songs on my list knowing my guests and knowing the DJ did not know much about my music but had given them the full flexibility to play whatever Bollywood songs they wanted which was agreed upon. Instead of Bollywood songs, Punjabi songs were played over and over and although suitable for the groom's family, this was not what we had discussed. We had already had our Punjabi wedding the week before and in the end, I felt a sense of disregard towards my non-Punjabi guests who were attending this particular wedding. My message to you is- listen to the bride! Listen to the one you spoke with and secured a contract with!

Again, I had the best experience with every vendor for my wedding but Silkevents was a miss for me, unfortunately.

Sent on 01/28/2020

2.5
      3.0

I hired Silk events for 2 nights of DJ/Lighting. I had told the head that the first night was the more important event and I had provided specific instructions to him for the night. While the head had informed me that he would not be able to DJ the first night, someone from his staff would DJ. That person from the staff was a child who didn't follow the instructions I had provided. In addition, the second night, the DJ decided to add polka dotted pattern lighting on a stage which already had uplighting, thereby ruining the pictures. While Rishi was very nice, the service was sub par to my expectations.

Sent on 02/03/2015