Siegel Thurston Photography Reviews

25 | San Diego, CA

25 Reviews for Siegel Thurston Photography

25 Siegel Thurston Photography Reviews

Charlyn · Getting married on 05/18/2019

All we can say is...we want to keep working with Brett and Liz over and over again!! From the very first time we met Brett and Liz, they made us feel comfortable and it was so easy and fun to chat with them.

It was instantly clear to us how exceptional they are. Not only professionally, but personally as well. The time they took to get to know us better as a couple really showed through their amazing photography. Every time we had the privilege to meet up with them, they continued to exceed our expectations from the amount of time they took to sit and interact with us. The engagement shoot, engagement preview party of our photos, guest book and the slide show they put together continued to impress us. As a couple in the film industry with high expectations, they continued to exceed them. They designed our guestbook, and it was a hit at our wedding! It included fun questions about us as a couple and the layout turned out modern and elegant.

During our wedding we had tough requests in which they managed to pull off with no hiccups. They managed to take all the photos from the ceremony and compile/touch them up and put them into a slideshow before the reception started. A tough task they pulled off flawlessly! Another aspect of Brett and Liz which was important in terms of a smooth wedding was they worked extremely well with all our vendors, including the videographer which we found extremely important so everyone could capture all the biggest moments of the day.

We could not have asked for better photographers and most importantly could not have asked to work with better people then Brett and liz. They were extremely professional the entire time, and knew how to make us feel comfortable in any situation. We plan to work with them a lot in the future for any and all of our photography needs.

We can't wait to have our preview party with them to go over all the wedding pictures!!!

Michelle · Married on 05/13/2017

Brett & Liz did a phenomenal job capturing our wedding. We had planned for plenty of time for photos, but the ball got dropped on the timeline. Brett and Liz managed to capture all of the shots that we wanted, quickly and effectively, to help us catch up on the timeline. Their warm and friendly personalities and easy going nature kept the mood light and fun throughout the day. Under pressure, they kept calm and collected, not to mention they made us look like movie stars. Just over a week after the wedding, we already had teaser photos back. We can't wait to see all the final photos!

Donna · Married on 09/13/2016

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. They listened to what we were saying with how we work, how comfortable we are (or aren't) with photography, and what we were looking for with out photos. I mean really listened. They worked with us as a couple and conformed to our comforts and needs as opposed to trying to get us to be something we weren't and giving us photos that didn't represent us as a couple. They're super easy to get along with and they look for photo opportunities in some of the weirdest places but those photos usually ended up being some of the best when they came back. And the quality of the photos is spectacular. Truly the best.

Heather · Married on 08/12/2016

What advice would I give to a couple considering booking Siegel Thurston??? - DO IT! Seriously. After being a bridesmaid more times than my closet has room for, and being part of MANY wedding photo sessions, I could not possibly be more pleased that we had STP for OUR wedding! They blew every other photographers I've ever encountered out of the water. Fun and professional. They put us at complete ease which they explained is part of what helps get the best photos! Their style of photography is beautiful and artistic without detaching from the personal nature and emotion of each individual couple and their big day. From the first email, to meeting at our engagement shoot, to wedding prep, day of, and saying goodbye there is nothing more my husband and I could have possibly wished for. We are over the moon pleased with the results and and price point cannot be beat! We loved them so much we even booked them as a gift for my sister's new born shoot. Not only did we walk away from the wedding with the most perfect photos I could have dreamed of, but also I feel as though we made two new wonderful friends. They truly put their heart and soul into their work and it shows. Again, my advice - DO IT!!! You won't be sorry! :)

Lisa · Married on 04/15/2015

Brett and Liz are THE BEST. Such a fun couple, easy to work with and soooo talented. We thoroughly enjoyed having them as part of this special day. By the end, they were like family. Can't say enough about how amazing our pictures are. We will be forever grateful. .

Brittni · Married on 04/14/2015

Brett and Liz truly captured our wedding perfectly! We had a destination wedding in St.Andrews, Scotland and many of our friends and family members couldn't attend but thanks to Siegel Thurston Photography they all can look at the pictures and feel like they were there. I have had multiple people tell me that our wedding photos are the best wedding pictures they have EVER seen and I couldn't agree more. Brett and Liz are extremely friendly, personable and very professional. They are FANTASTIC in every way possible but I will name a few awesome qualities about them. They work basically 24/7. You will never find them without a camera by their side. I love the fact that Liz stays in the background and captures all of the candid shots, while Brett is responsible for motivating you and making you feel so at ease in front of the camera. My husband hates to take pictures and was so scared that he "blinked" in every photo but Brett made him literally look like a super model! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect pair! They spent the entire wedding festivities with us. There was no shyness or awkward moments. They just truly are the most sweetest, highly talented and genuine photographers any bride could ever dream of! Brett and Liz are worth every penny! Book with them and I promise you won't regret it. I honestly don't know why anyone would use anyone else. They are the very best!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Siegel Thurston Photography's reply:

Aww thanks Brittni, I think we just teared up a little bit reading this. We cannot thank you enough for choosing us to be apart of your day with you and welcoming us into your family. We loved every minute of our time together and are humbled by the whole experience. Thank you thank you!

Jeremy · Married on 04/11/2015

Bret and Liz are amazing to work with! We just received our pictures and are so happy with how they turned out. On our wedding day, Bret and Liz were flexible with our changing schedule, and were just a pleasure to have around. They made photo sessions fun, and worked very well corralling family and wedding party to make the photo sessions as short as possible so we could get to celebrating.

I would definitely recommend their services for your wedding!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Siegel Thurston Photography's reply:

Jeremy, Your wedding was so much fun, amazing people, great energy and a Beautiful couple. Thanks for choosing us to spend the day with you!

Rehana · Married on 09/27/2014

I can't say enough about how much my husband and I enjoyed working with Brett & Liz. They are a fantastic duo who not only produce amazing photos but are a blast to spend a day with. They shot our engagement and our wedding photos and ALL turned out amazing. They offer creativity to ensure you won't have the same "boring" wedding photos that all couples have and they really tapped into our personalities to bring out photos that are really "us".

Sent on 10/08/2014

Siegel Thurston Photography's reply:

Aww Thanks Rehana! You both are so much fun to send time with. We could hardly believe your wedding day was over, it went by so quickly, even for us! We are so thankful to have you both as one of our couples your day was so awesome and special. Thanks for choosing us to be apart of it all!

Latise · Married on 09/06/2014

Brett and Liz were a phenomenal team ! it was amazing to work with them for our wedding. They made Giuseppe and I feel at ease and relaxed during the entire day and during our Rock the Dress Session. Brett and Liz got along with our wedding guest and helped to make the day go by with ease. We will recommend them to our friends and family. We look forward to working with them again in the future.

What a truly wonderful and refreshing experience! They are so innovative and talented. Our wedding pictures were beautiful and so much more than I expected. Siegel Thurston is the REAL DEAL!

Ashley · Married on 04/05/2014

I have known Brett & Liz for almost a decade, so when I got engaged there was no question who I wanted to capture our memories.

Brett & Liz take the time to scout the venue(s) and develop a plan to help ensure you are getting the best possible photographs. Suggesting shot ideas, locations and poses, their attention to detail and ability to adjust to any situation makes them one of the best photography teams I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

Brett’s out of the box witty sense of humor quickly makes you feel like you’ve known him forever; helping everyone to relax and shake off the nerves. Liz’s post production work, creativity and attention to detail plays and integral part in making your photographs come to life and tell your story.
    You will quickly feel at ease as Brett & Liz become one of the family throughout the wedding process.

Taking the time to get to know you helps them capture those memories you will treasure forever. Trust me, I was in tears when I saw my images for the first time!

I look forward to this continued friendship and working with Brett and Liz in the future.

Tresa · Married on 06/01/2013

Brett and Liz are AMAZING!!! We are so happy to have chosen them to capture our day beautifully. We already got a sneak peek at our photos, and it hasn't been a week since our wedding! Communication is always open, and they do a great job of getting back to you right away with any answers to questions or helpful advice, not to mention they are absolutely phenomenal at what they do--they are a perfect team and really get the memorable shots :)

Katie · Married on 04/12/2013

Brett and Liz did an excellent job with the photography for our engagement shoot and wedding. Everyone who sees our photos are amazed at how well they turned out. They made my husband and I feel really comfortable in front of the camera and in the pictures we look like naturals! They were able to capture our special day better than we ever could have imagined. Their professionalism, sense of style, creativeness and knowledge make for a great overeall experience. I would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a photographer in the San Diego area. Take a look at their website and online portfolios to get a sense of how they will be able to capture your special day!

• User3307300 · event on: 07/03/2011

We are writing to offer our unreserved recommendation for Siegel Thurston Photography. Over the years we have used numerous photographers for holiday and family photos, all in which have done a great job. When searching for the “perfect photographer” for our engagement photos, Siegel Thurston Photography came highly recommended. Choosing the “perfect photographer” was not an easy decision; however choosing Siegel Thurston Photography was the best decision! They did an outstanding job, to say the least. We were super impressed with the creativity and attention to detail that they possess, which shines through in each and every one of our photos. Each photo perfectly captures the beauty and the spirit of the moment. Not only were the photographs remarkable, but also they (Brett and Liz) were fun, patient, respectful, passionate, and professional. They work in unison, yet both contribute a different artistic style, giving you the “perfect” variety of photographs. Their prices are affordable and reasonable for memories that will last a lifetime. We received all our photos on a disk in a very reasonable time, as well as a beautiful thank you card with one of our photos on the front. We truly cherish our engagement photos, as well as the opportunity we had to share the exciting and special time with them.

We are writing to offer our unreserved recommendation for Siegel Thurston Photography. When searching for the "perfect photographer", Siegel Thurston Photography came highly recommended. We happily choose them to take our engagement photos, in which they did an astonishing job! Unfortunately, we did not have the privilege to have them as our wedding photographer, however we couldn't imagine them NOT being a part of our special day. When we asked them if they could do a “Rock the Dress” shoot the day after our wedding they, without hesitation, accepted. We were thrilled and excited! Choosing the “perfect photographer” was not an easy decision; however choosing Siegel Thurston Photography was the best decision! They did an outstanding job, to say the least. We were super impressed with the creativity and attention to detail that they possess, which shines through in each and every one of our photos. Each photo perfectly captures the beauty and the spirit of the moment. Not only were the photographs remarkable, but also they (Brett and Liz) were fun, patient, respectful, passionate, and professional. They work in unison, yet both contribute a different artistic style, giving you the “perfect” variety of photographs. Their prices are affordable and reasonable for memories that will last a lifetime. We received all our photos on a disk in a very timely manner, as well as a beautiful thank you card with one of our photos on the front. We truly cherish our “Rock the Dress” photos, as well as the opportunity we had to share the exciting and special time with them. As stated earlier, hiring a photographer to capture your special moments is not an easy task. I would like to take the stress out of finding the “perfect photographer” for you and highly recommend Siegel Thurston Photography. You will not be disappointed with your decision and you, as well, will enjoy your time spent with them.

Kian · Married on 08/18/2012

Brett and Liz did an amazing job as an integral part of our engagement and wedding celebrations. They helped make the events truly memorable for everyone involved, and their professionalism and flexibility with scheduling photo shoots made everything much easier for us. We are very glad to have picked Siegel Thurston Photography for our engagement, rehearsal, and wedding photos, and we will definitely recommend them to all of our friends who are still planning to get married.

Natasha · Married on 07/21/2012

Having to organise my wedding party from Australia without meeting anyone face to face was pretty daunting in the beginning but Brett made it super easy with a very efficient line of communication, right from the start. Once we arrived Brett and Liz were so easy to work with which made our photos look really natural. Neither of us feel comfortable in front of the camera so this was paramount. They were also very creative which shows through in our very memorable photos. They really brought both of our personalities to life.

Thank you Brett and Liz.

Jesse · Married on 03/31/2012

As we now look back on the beautiful memories captured in the amazing photography of Brett and Liz we are truly overwhelmed and beyond pleased with their work and dedication to our special day.  It is so important to have photographers that you can communicate with ease about what you want and do not want in your pictures and also to truly enjoy and feel comfortable around them as you will spend so much time with them snapping wonderful memories you will cherish forever.  Brett and Liz were extremely professional, but so fun too!  It's such a blessing to be able to say that they added so much joy to our wedding day and the planning of photos we wanted to capture.  When the dusts settles in the days after the wedding, as husband and wife you will truly love looking in awe at the details of the day.  Let's just say Liz is definitely talented in capturing these small little things ... some of our details captured were my soon to be mother-in-law sewing bows from my mom's wedding dress into the underneath part of my dress, the small old testament (that my mom carried down the aisle 44 years ago when she married my dad) secured to my bouquet, the raw emotions of the first look with my dad and brother, and the sheer joy as we saw each other as I began my walk down the aisle towards my handsome groom.  While Liz took care of the details, Brett took on the guys and filled in the gaps of what you do not see as the bride.  Needless to say, Brett and Liz make the perfect team!  I am sure another photographer would have gotten some great photos, but Brett and Liz's photos go far beyond beautiful.  They are to die for pictures that truly capture the heart of our wedding day.  So much so that our venue actually used two of their pictures in their ad in Bride and Groom Magazine.  So, to Brett and Liz you are amazing and we cherish the incredible photos you blessed us with ... now to start planning baby pictures in the next few years ;)

Gail · Married on 03/31/2012

Brett and Liz did a phenominal job recording my son's wedding. They captured the night before and the entire wedding day completely. I love their creativity accentuating the beautiful moments and each detail of the day. I also appreciate that they included some traditional poses for the mom's and grandmom's to frame. They are an awesome team capturing the event from every angle. I never needed to worry where the photographer was because they both had their camera's out. Thank you Brett and Liz for the wonderful way you added to this Ephesians 3:20 wedding making it "...better than we could think or even imagine."
    May God bless you in amazing ways as you bless others! gf

• Jeff

Jeff · Married on 10/01/2011

Amazing people to work with!! Brett and Liz are the best and the final product shows it. Our destination wedding wasn't a problem and we would recommend them to anyone we know. People are already asking us for your number! Thanks for amazing photos that will last a lifetime.

~Kelsey & Jeff

Sent on 10/06/2011

Siegel Thurston Photography's reply:

You two were so much fun to work with! We were so excited to be able to join you in the hill country outside of San Antonio. What a great weekend it was indeed.

Connie · Married on 05/01/2010

Brett & Liz were wonderful to work with. They were the photographers at both of my daughters' weddings. The pictures were amazing!

Kelly · Married on 05/12/2007

Brett and Liz are amazing! They make you feel totally comfortable and are able to bring out your natural smiles.

Deana · Married on 10/17/2015

Brett and Liz are extremely easy to work with and are incredible photographers. We cannot recommend them highly enough! We are so thrilled with our beautiful photos - the colors, settings, and tone capture our wedding day beautifully and are exactly what we were hoping for! Both Brett and Liz put us at ease on our wedding day with their calm and friendly demeanor. We also really appreciated that they are a husband and wife team. Brett helped us put together a timeline for the day that allowed them to capture the best light and also ensure we were able to attend our cocktail hour. The detail photos that both photographers took (of our flowers, rings, and other meaningful symbols of our wedding day) were exceptional and really focused on the important aspects of our day. We have have received so many compliments from friends and family regarding the quality of our photos. We will treasure them always!

Tracy · Married on 02/13/2010

They are amazing, fun, professional, talented, kind, aware, and gifted at what they do. If they do your photos you are guaranteed to be completely thrilled by the product! I can't recommend them enough!

Natalee · Married on 06/25/2011

Brett and Liz were extremely professional and accommodating to us and our schedule. They worked really hard on the day of our wedding, making sure that they captured all the little details we spent so much time on and a ton of special moments that we didn't even notice were happening. I am so happy we have their photos to remember our special day and will cherish them forever. I would definitely recommend them to any of my friends!