53 Reviews for Sid Miller Dance Band

Sample Music (2)
Liability Insurance (2)
Willing to Travel (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)

We chose Sid Miller Dance Band for our wedding in July of 2018. We were impressed by Sid at the initial showcase and his band totally went above and beyond for our reception. Sid was excellent to work with, meeting with us personally to discuss our ideas and offer his vision for the party. We have gotten numerous compliments since (and during) the wedding about how it sounded like listening to the original artists. I would highly recommend Sid Miller for your special occasion!

Profile Picture Donald, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals

Sid Miller Dance Band was a Home Run from the day we heard him audition, during the wedding planning and throughout the entire reception. Sid Miller takes care of every detail. This band knows how a wedding day reception should run. We never had any concern and throughout the event EVERYONE was in in awe. Compliments galore! Oh... did I mention never once in the event did they ask anyone to dance... they didn't have to! The dance floor was packed!!!!! The talent of this band is indescribable! As a family, we leave no regrets in our selection of this band.

Profile Picture Thomas, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Sid Miller made everything look effortless. They provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception! Their energy was amazing and we loved every song they sang! Thank you Sid Miller band for making our wedding a day we will never forget!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/16/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We cannot say enough good things about having the Sid Miller Dance Band perform at our recent wedding (May 2018). Sid met with us personally to get to know us as a couple and showed very genuine interest in and took detailed notes about our interests (musical and otherwise!), such that we truly felt like the band was catering every song choice and detail to our exact preferences and personalities. The insanely talented band members and off-the-charts singers performed almost every song we requested (brilliantly), while using their spot-on judgment and many decades of combined experience to arrange the song order and adjust extemporaneously to be sure the flow of the evening was perfect and lively. As just one example, the father of the bride made a brief Star Wars joke during his speech/toast - and the band then incorporated a short riff on the Star Wars theme into a song later in the night, even though that family interest had not come up previously: they adapted on the spot, a great demonstration of both the entire band's musical virtuosity and their commitment to ensuring each event is unique and special. As another, Sid picked up on the bride's love of musical theater in the initial meeting and then perfectly incorporated a song from Rent at the ideal moment. Our guests could not stop raving about the band for weeks, because they are unbelievably talented at performing all genres and styles of music (from "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness, to Prince, to Frank Sinatra and old standards, to Journey, to Lady Gaga...the musicians and singers can pull off ANYTHING with aplomb), and they kept people of all ages on the dance floor for the entire night, engaging with everyone of all backgrounds and musical tastes personally. One member of the band even danced with the groom's 80-year-old grandmother at length! In short, the Sid Miller Dance Band will make your event spectacular from the planning process through the final encore.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews

Sid!

Before leaving for our honeymoon I wanted to send you a big THANK YOU. You made our wedding unforgettable. I don’t think one person sat down the entire night. So many guests came up and told us how amazing you all were. I’m sure you will be getting calls from a few engaged couples that attended too! I wish we could throw a party every weekend like that with the Sid Miller Band. Thank you for keeping the night flowing, the dancing moves going, and providing such wonderful music. I truly appreciate all the time and attention you spent on making our night a special one. You’re the best Sid!

Profile Picture Steph, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

The Sid Miller Dance Band was an incredible value for my daughter's wedding. This band excels in so many ways, from breadth of music, its ability to energize a wedding, to accommodating special requests. I had a special request for the band to play a piece of music I wrote for the occasion, and I could not have dreamed how well it was performed. This band is clearly about complete satisfaction of its customers, and it is apparent that more than money, all members are playing to utterly delight everyone attending the event. Even after the wedding, the band continued to ensure delight by doing things other bands would not even think of doing. More than anything, all members are decent, respectable people who are empathetic to the goals of its customers, and they work exceeding hard to bring tears of joy to your eyes and wide smiles to your faces. I invite Sid to use me as a personal reference at any time, since I feel very strongly about how his band became an integral factor in the success of the wedding celebration. In simple words, this band is head and shoulders above all others we heard at the BVT Showcase, and we will find a way to use them again for my second daughter's wedding. THANK YOU SID!

Profile Picture Richard, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other)

WOW! WOW! I am over the moon ecstatic with the level of professionalism and most importantly energy that the Sid Miller Brand brought to our wedding. He was very responsive and organized when mapping out our timeline and set list. My husband and I envisioned a very classic but epic dance party and that is exactly what we got. The band fed off the energy of our guests and together everyone created a fun, lively, dance club. One of the main vocalists came off the stage to sing on the dance floor, truly amazing. We also received countless compliments on our band choice. If you are looking for a professional all star band than look no further than Sid Miller's Dance Band.

Profile Picture Sophie, 2/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

The only word to truly describe how Sid Miller Dance Band was at our wedding is FABULOUS. From the very beginning, Sid was so accommodating and friendly- we had a meeting at his home to go over all of the details and he was invaluable at helping to adjust the timeline for the evening. The online song selection system is brilliant and allowed us to choose exactly which songs we did and did not want. The band was at 150% all night long and had everyone on the dance floor, even family members that we have NEVER seen dance before. They nailed each and every song and raised the bar on our wedding that much more. Thank you so much to Sid and the rest of the band!
-Emily and Aaron

Profile Picture Emily, 1/6/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals

Hands down the best wedding band I've ever heard! Sid was great during the entire process--he helped with song selection and did a great job of arranging the songs during the wedding. After the wedding, I had so many compliments from my friends and family telling me that the band played so many great songs and they sounded amazing. The band was energetic, lively, and made my wife and I's wedding day one that we will never forget. Highly recommend Sid Miller Dance Band!

Profile Picture Evan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I wanted to say how great Sid Miller Dance Band was for our wedding. The whole band was amazing to work with. They were very helpful with the planning process and were very communicative. The music was outstanding and people are still talking about how great our band was from October. My husband and I choreographed a dance and Sid was so helpful to make it the perfect dance. Thank you Sid Miller Band !

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

The Sid Miller Dance Band is the authority when it comes to professional, communication, and execution. Sid's attention to detail, thoroughness, and passion shined throughout the entire planning process of our wedding day celebration. This resulted in what all 250 gusts of my wife and I said was hands down the best reception they've ever been apart of. When it come to planning the most important day of your life, you want the best... you want the Sid Miller Dance Band.

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We had the Sid Miller Band perform at our wedding reception this past Saturday at the Ballroom at the Ben. If you are looking for a professional performers who will keep your guests on the dance floor all night you need to stop now and contact them. Sound quality was perfect, music was crisp and on point. They knocked it out of the park! All of my guests said it was one of the best bands they have heard for a wedding reception. Sid was great to work with and communicated with me from the start. We picked all of the songs that the band performed and were given an extensive list to choose from if needed. The band also accompanied my daughter when she sang to her new husband. Just a delightful experience and I would recommend them highly!!

Profile Picture Brian, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Sid Miller and his band were simply amazing! The dance floor was hopping the entire night and made our wedding the 'epic' event that we dreamed it would be. Sid was fabulous to partner with and listened to all our requests and made some fabulous suggestions that we had not thought of. Their play list is extensive and they perform every song with passion and finesse. We were thrilled that they were part of our absolutely perfect day. If you are undecided on a band, the Sid Miller Dance Band will make your wedding or even the talk of the town!

Profile Picture Stacy Ann, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

When my fiancé and I got engaged we both knew that we had to have a band at our wedding. We went to a showcase and listened to the Sid Miller Band live and knew that was the band that we wanted to play at our wedding. They were available on our date (about a year out) and we booked them the next day. We worked with Sid directly a month or so before our wedding and had 100% confidence that he would play songs that our guests wanted to hear. We had so many compliments on the band and our guests were on the dance floor all night. Cannot recommend this band enough, they are truly one of a kind and so incredible.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/3/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

After hearing the Sid Miller Band do an incredible job at my brother's wedding years ago, they were one of the first vendors we booked after getting engaged. Sid is a true professional and absolutely incredible at what he does- a bandleader is important not only for great music, but also in determining the "flow" of the evening, and he surpassed our (very high) expectations in both. The band as a whole was equally fantastic, reading the music tastes of the crowd and delivering an incredible, high-energy performance that our guests are still talking about. Six weeks later, the band is still what we're getting the most compliments on! I could not recommend the Sid Miller Dance Band more enthusiastically...they are well worth the investment for a truly memorable night!

Profile Picture Gabriela, 6/4/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

Wow! I first heard the Sid Miller Dance Band at a friend's wedding and was absolutely blown away. They have energy and talent unlike any other wedding band I've ever seen. I knew immediately that if and when I ever got married, I'd do whatever I could to get them to play my wedding, and sure enough, in December 2015 they played at our wedding. In the planning process leading up to the wedding, Sid was extremely professional and helpful in laying out the timeline and giving suggestions on how he thought the night should flow. We had no doubts that he would set a great tone for the night and he and the band executed on this beautifully. So many of our guests have since commented on how great the band was and how much they loved the sequencing of the night. If you have a chance to book the Sid Miller Dance Band, do it!

Profile Picture Bridget, 12/19/15, 16 Reviews
Category: Band

I know there is always a lot of hyperbole surrounding wedding reviews. Sid Miller Dance Band, however, deserves every accolade. They are a powerhouse - beautiful voices, strong rhythm section and poignant and nuanced horns. They tailored the setlist according to our requests and have impeccable timing both musically and in terms of adjusting the setlist on the fly (they gave us the list to frame after the wedding, so I could see the edits to their original list). Just got back from the honeymoon and all anyone wants to talk to us about is how good the band was. The dance floor was packed and was truly the heartbeat of our wedding. The usual chant of "one more song" was replaced with "ten more songs" that night. People went nuts.
Cheers to the band - thank you for being so much more than just the soundtrack to the finest night I have known.

All my best,
Boo White

Kara + Boo --- 6/13/2015 - Stone Harbor, NJ

Profile Picture Boo, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

I always knew 'the band' would be the most important piece of the puzzle when planning my wedding. It's all about the music so from the moment I discovered The Sid Miller Band, I just knew I had to work with them. They have no competition - they are truly in a league of their own! The transition from the funky Shakedown Street to the epic Thriller into an extended Get Lucky blew my mind! During the planning process, Sid was always a true professional - responsive, kind, honest and proactive. His band had some SERIOUS talent. The dance floor was packed from start to finish and the band even let me play bass! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice. The Sid Miller Band made our day perfect. Thank you so much! We are truly grateful!!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 4/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

My husband saw Sid Miller Band perform at one of his buddies wedding and insisted we had to have them at our wedding. Well I am so glad he did because they were unbelievable. There was a packed dance floor the entire night! We requested some Italain and Irish music for our families and it was a big hit. Everyone kept coming up to us throughout the night telling us how amazing our band was. I seriously had so much fun and danced all night despite my feet killing me. They were so accomodating as well, learning a new song for us as our first dance wasn't a very common song. Sid personally met with us and we went over a timeline for the whole reception. They are so professional and knew exactly how to introduce everyone and the timing for every special song. During dinner they even kept the music going with several ballads. We really loved them, they truly made our wedding a hit.

Profile Picture Nancy, 12/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Wow- Wow- Wow!!!!! I am completely blown away by the Sid Miller Dance Band. From start to finish, they immediately got the crowd dancing and we did NOT STOP DANCING until the lights were turned on from the country club. Before the wedding, Sid spent many hours with Michael and I deciding how to select music and creating a timeline that captured the type of evening that we wanted. The music played at the ceremony and cocktail hour was elegant and beautiful. The minute that cocktail hour ended, they had the crowd dancing. Each song played was truthfully played just as well as the original singer if not BETTER! Each song they played was just amazing and fun. They can play absolutely any style and genre of music. They not only were all incredible musicians, but knew how to work the crowd and keep everyone engaged. The Sid Miller Dance Band truly set the tone for the wedding and knew how to keep the party going. When the meals came out for dinner, the servers had to put covers over the meals because no one wanted to stop dancing!!! We even had a Pitbull impersonator at the end cover some of Pitbull songs which was so much fun. I can't stress enough how much fun everyone had at the wedding and I attribute this to the Sid Miller Dance Band. I wish Michael and I could get married all over again just so we could use the Sid Miller Dance Band. I would recommend the Sid Miller Dance Band to absolutely everyone I know. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making our wedding so special and fun!

Profile Picture Jessie, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
0.0

Put your dancing shoes on! The Sid Miller Band will have all your guests on the dance floor.

Profile Picture Mary , 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

WOW. We used Sid Miller Band and 3 years later (yes, this is a VERY late review) - people are STILL complimenting us on what a blast our wedding was - especially the band!!! What my guests didn't know was that Sid also managed a delayed entrance to the venue, a caterer who refused to stick to the planned schedule throwing off our food and giving us a totally improvised electric violin solo everyone is still talking about (thank you Sid for filling in a gap our caterer caused!), and a 3-hour show where they said we were such a blast they just couldn't take a break!

When all my other vendors came in "as expected" Sid and his band blew it away. My entire wedding was an awesome dance party. We had some substantial business friends and even a Stanley Cup winner at the event (so people who know a good party), and they continue to remark that our wedding was one of the most fun they have ever been too - if not the BEST! Honestly, we couldn't have had such a seamless event without Sid's help, let alone such a fun time.

We met with him in advance at his home to go over expectations and our set list, and he took it, massaged it, and delivered more than agreed upon. I would have Sid Miller Band as a leading band again in a second - and we've often wistfully dreamed that we're going to throw an anniversary party (with a cover haha) just to re-live how great the party was! Thank you!!

So I apologize this was late, but honestly - the fact friends and family are STILL talking about our wedding band should really confirm that they rock! Thank you!

Profile Picture Kara, 8/15/14, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception

Sid and his band were professional and very talented. They set the tone for the whole night and the music during dinner really showcased each performers talents. Even during the speeches the band was engaged and clearly enjoying themselves (complete with well timed rimshots from the drummer). We also enjoyed meeting with Sid before the event and valued all of his suggestions.

Profile Picture Mark, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I saw Sid Miller perform at two of our friend's weddings, and knew immediately from the first time we saw them that we wanted to have them perform at our wedding. They absolutely delivered on everything we remembered about them that made us love them from the first viewing. They not only are the most talented band we've ever seen, but are also amazingly professional and easy to work with. Their online tool to put together the songs you want to hear is a great addition, and Sid was so accommodating on learning any new songs we wanted to hear that weren't on their list yet. He was also great at guiding us through the process of scheduling all of the components of the reception timeline and ensuring we got what we wanted out of the evening. Not only did we love them as much as we knew we would, but every single family member and wedding guest was blown away - the entire wedding night, and weeks later, how amazing our band was is all everyone is talking about! They had everyone on the dance floor from start to finish and I couldn't have asked for anything better or different from them. They were perfect, and our entire wedding agrees!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Sid Miller band was by far the icing on the cake for my wedding reception! Sid was so great to work with and responds immediately to calls and emails in the planning of the event. The band is so wonderful, very high energy and sound better than the original artists. Every one of my guests were up and dancing! If I had to do it again I would change nothing about the band. I would recommend them to everyone. My guest were talking about this band for weeks. Thank you Sid Miller Band!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/13/13, 1 Review