Shuttered Light Photography & Video Reviews

Shuttered Light Photography & Video 5
Shuttered Light Photography & Video 6
Shuttered Light Photography & Video 7

Kat · event on 03/12/2015

Me and Paolo thought we're are just going to cringe in embarrassment when we see our engagement photos, but no, boy we love it! In the beginning of our shoot, we were feeling awkward and shy in front of the camera, but Richard made us feel relax and made the shoot a fun experience. He knows what he is doing, researches the place, comes in prepared with ideas on where to shoot, whats good and not, even though the place is new to him. He made beautiful photos even though the place is so busy, he made it look like it we owned the place. He knows how to capture the feelings at his subject. All we could say when we were browsing our photos are "awww" and "ohhh". All framed worthy!!!
    We didnt feel rushed even though he drove a hundred ++miles to get to San Diego. Stayed after sunset to take more beautiful photos, it didnt really matter to him going home late. Very patient and doesnt intimidate! Gives out helpful tips during the shoot.

Sent on 03/27/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Wow, thank you for the kind words... These words keeps us to be more creative. Again thank you and we can wait for the wedding day!!!

Angie · Married on 03/09/2015

I was looking for someone to take engagement photos for my hubby and I that weren't boring and staged looking. I had never hired a private photographer before so I was a little nervous and didn't know what to expect.
    There was no need to worry because Richard and his brother were very professional and have a calm and easy going personality. As for the pictures, quick turn around time and they came out just like we wanted! I would recommend him to anyone I know who is looking for photographer. As a bonus, I now have a go to photographer! And I plan to use him again soon. They offer such great wedding packages! That we hired them also to be photo/video for our wedding in May and just by engagement pictures, I know we will be impressed yet again! Thank you guys for making us feel so comfortable =)

Sent on 04/01/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Angie! We can't wait for the wedding day! :)

Robbie and his crew are INCREDIBLE! After looking at countless vendors and wedding videos, my husband and I met the Fadera Brothers at a wedding convention. Not only did we love their work, but their personalities are so chill and fun! Their wedding videos are so well done, gorgeous and very professional. On the day of the wedding, a million things were happening, and Robbie and his crew worked seamlessly to get all of the shots they needed while being completely unobtrusive. The highlight reel he posted is absolutely stunning. I could not ask for a more beautiful was to capture our special day. Thank you, Robbie and Shuttered Light! We recommend you to everyone we know.

Sent on 03/02/2015

Joshua Veronica · Married on 01/03/2015

We could not have imagined a better team for Josh and myself on our wedding day, than Shuttered Light. Richard, Robbie, Amanda, and Ilgar were amazing and more than what I could have hoped for in our photo/video team. The photo and video were two very important aspects to us for the wedding, maybe even a little more than the location! We looked long and hard at different options, and even before getting hired, Richard was always available to answer questions and clear any of our hesitations.

We booked Shuttered Light for photo and video, for 3 days and an engagement shoot. We were feeling a little awkward in the beginning of the engagement shoot, but Richard and Robbie made it so much fun, it felt like we were just hanging out! I expressed some specific concerns for the first look, and the entire team was so involved in making it happen. Our guests/vendors complimented our photo and video team over and over again, and they really worked to capture every moment perfectly. We love all of our wedding photos, and really appreciated their good energy and cooperation on the day of our wedding day :)

Sent on 04/09/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Josh and Veronica for this lengthy review. We really had fun covering your 3-day wedding. Very colorful and fun-filled wedding! Thank you for getting us to be your photo and video team!

Eric · event on 12/04/2014

I've never worked with photographers before, but I find it hard to imagine anyone better to do our engagement and wedding. Before our engagement shoot, they were very quick to respond to any of our questions, and when the day arrived, they were happy to travel between two locations we wanted included, which were about an hour apart. They even brought along a surprise third person to help out with lighting, carrying our things, etc. and on their own, decided to keep shooting with us for several extra hours at no additional charge. On top of photos, they also did a video of our engagement shoot, which they edit into an original, creative, cool short movie! And as if that wasn't enough, they had all 260 edited photos and the video completed and sent to us just SIX days ater our shoot! We were amazed, especially after hearing some horror stories about how long it can take to get your media from photographers/videographers!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Eric and Jess. Thank you for this detailed feedback. Glad to hear that you guys had fun as much as we did on your engagement session. We can't wait for the big day!

Deborah · event on 11/05/2014

Richard was very professional and made the event a total success !

Sent on 11/30/2014

Morjen & Danielle · Married on 10/26/2014

Shuttered Light Photography and Videography are the best! We absolutely loved our engagement shots/video and thrilled that they were able to capture every special moment of our wedding day as well. They were patient, professional and creative. Not only was the pricing flexible for our budget, they accommodated to shoot our wedding all the way in San Ramon! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Morjen and Danielle. Thank you for your feedback. It was fun capturing your special day and definitely worth the drive up north.

angelic · Married on 10/04/2014

Seriously, the BEST decision my husband and I made through out this entire wedding journey. I cannot thank this team enough for everything that they have done for us. Richard and his team, is AMAZING from day one. They did our engagement pictures & video, pre wedding pictures to make our guest book, created our wedding slideshow and captured our wedding day with their photo & video team. Not only they did a PHENOMENAL job in all services they've provided us, they have made this experience such a memorable one for me and my husband. We have nothing but good things to say about this team. We are so happy that we picked this team to capture that very important moment of our life.

First of, I have looked at handful companies portfolios before I found Richard. Shuttered Light Photography has the most reasonable prices I have found and guess what? The quality of work is better than the AV's so called best photographer. Im not bashing other photographers out there but some people are over priced. Richard and his team has the best package deal and TOP NOTCH quality of work!

Second, they are just naturally talented individuals. Richard and his team can make an ugly, rundown place look really FANTASTIC in pictures. They know the best angles and knows the tricks to take a shot and hide its imperfections. We did our engagement photo shoot behind a red wooden rundown spot in Santa Clarita and at first I was like really here? lol But I just knew he knew what he was doing so I was worry free and when the pictures came out, it blew my mind! And he did it again at the church where we got married and our reception venue. Im telling you now, those two venues are not the best venues but Richard used his magic to make it look HIGH DOLLAR venues!

Lastly, Richard is humble, sweet, & very helpful. His team are fun to work with, they made us laugh and so easy to work with, not awkward, they are on top of things even when Im busy, creative, and I HIGHLY recommend them, HIGHLY!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

We appreciate the feedback and we are also thankful to be part of your wedding day. Thank you for trusting us to do both your engagement and wedding day. We've been getting a lot of good responses both on your photos and videos. We can not wait to have the "Baby Bump and Newborn" session. :)

Edgar Allen · Married on 09/21/2014

True Artist. The Shots were Amazingly Executed, the Photographer (Richard) has an Eye for Impromptu concepts and background selection. Each picture has been professionaly processed. Also, he keeps us involve in every pose asking us of our confortability and Ideas. Made the Whole Event Really Fun. Good Memories Made Possible by Shuttered light Photography. Thank you Richard Fadera.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Allen. Honored to be part of your wedding team. :)

Alexander · Married on 09/06/2014

These guys will go above and beyond to get your satisfaction. THANK YOU SHUTTERED LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY!!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Ame · event on 08/16/2014

The Shutter light team where amazing and great with my family and friends. They made sure to add any details we wanted to incorporate which was fantastic. I would recommend these photographers to anybody.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Ame. Thanks for the feedback. We also had a great time covering Rachel's Quinciniera. Enjoy the album!

Lindsey & Robert · Married on 07/20/2014

We selected Richard and his team from ShutteredLight Photography together with their sister company FadEra Productions, covered by Robbie and his team. We discovered them at a bridal show and had a couple meetings before deciding to book them. We were very pleased with their pricing and flexibility in working with us to customize or adjust the package to meet our needs.
    The images were first class and the cinematic video of our wedding day was more than we could have asked for. We were extremely pleased with the finished product and appreciated their professionalism in working with us to get exactly what we wanted.
    Our Maid of Honor had recently been engaged and we recommended them to Shuttered Light- they chose to book Richard & his team as well for their wedding day coverage.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks for the review Robert and Lindsey. We really had an awesome time covering your wedding day. Thank you for the referrals and see you on our next photo and video shoot for the Baby Bump and Newborn sessions?! :)

Jacqueline · Married on 07/19/2014

I was lucky to have Richard Fadera of Shuttered Light Photography at both my wedding proposal and wedding. For my surprise proposal, they were referred to me by Boffo Video. And I can't tell you how happy I was for the introduction and how lucky I was to have Richard capture the proposal with his amazing photos. I met him for the 1st time that dayand he was friendly and his team had this positive energy about them. And the proof was definitely in the photos. The photos were beautiful -- there was this insane shot of everyone there at the proposal in front of a gazebo and it's hanging on my wall now blown up.

As soon as we set a wedding date, they were hired! My work schedule had been crazy and he was very patient in communicating via email and phone. And when we finally did get to meet before the wedding, he already had all these great ideas. He listened to our thoughts, was understanding to them and was able to really get our vision. To be honest, I didn't have to give him any notes. He had all the shots lined up on his own. He was a total pro in knowing the must haves and extra shots which would make it even more memorable.

It was a hot day in San Diego for our wedding and Richard and his teammate were happy high energy to get our families and bridal party jazzed. He went out of his way to research the venue beforehand and really took advantage of the beautiful scenery. Our wedding was overlooking the skyline and he had all these awesome ideas of taking pics on the boat dock, overlooking the water with the sailboats. The teaser photos were like a dream, the backdrop is unreal as the pics are so ridiculously beautiful. We can't wait to get the final photos!

I can't recommend them enough. I highly encourage you to take a meeting w/him. He is genuinely good people and in this biz, and I work in the entertainment industry and Richard is not only a pro but much more than a vendor. He's now like family and we feel truly blessed in having him! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Jax and Ann. Thank you very much for this great detailed review. WE appreciate all the kind words and we had a great time to be part of your wedding. Looking forward to be part of you and Ann's future events.

Tammy · Married on 07/13/2014

Richard is very sweet, kind and easy to be around. He is helpful and very flexible. I also appreciate how he is so prompt and always does what he says that he will. We really loved doing business with Richard and Shuttered Light.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Tammy. Thanks for the review. Had an awesome time.... and that surprise cake for Rick is one of a kind!!!

Carl · Married on 06/21/2014

Rihard was a dream; polite, courteous, fast; knew what he wanted and how to get it! He felt far more like one of our beloved guests then a photographer that we had just met.

And ultimately, most importantly, the proof is in the pudding! His photos captured our incredibly special day, incredibly well…

Sent on 07/08/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Carl. Thank you for the feedback. I had a good time to cover your wedding. Congratulations to you and Maggie!

Lucy · Married on 06/07/2014

This team is definitely on top of their game. They were always punctual and very responsive to texts and emails. Photos we received were amazing and our Save the Date video was the talk of my family for weeks. They all loved it and gave us so many compliments of how great we looked. I enjoyed the company of Richard, Rob and his team on our wedding day! This team made my husband and I feel so comfortable they are such nice, and likable people. His team definitely catered to my Spanish speaking family. I couldn't have asked for a better time. Thank you Richard your are an incredible photographer and you have a topnotch crew!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

We appreciate the kind words! The whole team enjoyed covering your wedding day! Again thank you for getting us to be part of your special day.

Jackie · Married on 05/24/2014

Richard and Robbie are the best.
    Really they went above and beyond for my husband and I. Everyone loved how kind and attentive they and there team were. We are beyond happy with the service provided. This is the one thing that is worth spending money on. Forget the other stuff and hire this great team of brothers to do your event. . Trust me you will not be sorry. . They did such a amazing job I'm in love with my pictures and video. As well as the beautiful table book of our wedding. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for capturing our special day and making it fun for us as well.

Sent on 06/22/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Jackie. Thank you for the review. We had a blast covering your wedding! Glad to be part of your wedding team and nice knowing the whole family! Congrats and best wishes to you and Yovany!

karen · Married on 05/17/2014

Loved his work very professional...the pictures and video came out great!!! i would recommend them for both video and photos

Sent on 07/31/2014

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Karen. Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it. Congratulations to you and Nick!
  • User4208262 · event on 04/12/2014

Richard and Nicole were extremely great photographers. There were taking pictures at every important event during my birthday party. They even got pictures of my guests' reactions and individual pictures of them, when asked. They went above and beyond by arriving early to take pre-party pictures, and at the end of the night, they asked me if they wanted me to take any more pictures that I personally wanted. I received the pictures back within 2 weeks and I was not disappointed. The pictures were clear, and perfectly retouched. An bonus was getting a Shuttered Light USB with 600+ images from the event. I was beyond satisfied with Shuttered Light.

Sent on 06/28/2014
  • User4170817 · event on 03/15/2014

Richard is professional, patient, and flexible. He knows very well how to capture our best pictures. My family is happy with the results. :-)

Sent on 06/12/2014
  • F

Fae · Married on 10/27/2012

Our dream photographer. He is best at his work and captured every important and memorable moment in our wedding. We are very satisfied of the results. It was an overall great experience.

Sent on 02/26/2013

Jenny · Married on 07/08/2016

We are so pleased with our wedding videography from Shuttered Light! They were fun to work with on the day of our wedding and worked well with our photographers. Our DVD is beautiful and we are thrilled we have such a great capture of our wedding. After all the hard work and planning it's such a relief to have this lasting memory. If you are looking for a videographer these guys will do an awesome job!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Michael and Jenny.

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2014

Both of the videographers were friendly and had many ideas. We loved our highlight and movie of the day. If you want them to incorporate songs from your wedding, you should tell them. We wish ours would have songs from our wedding. Overall, the quality was great for the price and love the flexibility and responsiveness.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Dominique · Married on 04/02/2016

3.5

We loved working with this team! We didn't even notice them around most of the time. They have the most up to date equipment, and they do a very professional job. We absolutely loved our Highlight video! I cried all over again when I saw it. It was just fantastic! We have our full feature, but haven't found time to watch it. I'm sure it will also be amazing. The only downside I can say is the service was not cheap. We went over our videography budget in order to get top quality. If you are looking for a deal, this is not it. However, if you want amazing quality and you are willing to pay for it, look no further!

Sent on 05/13/2016