Shuttered Light Photography & Video Reviews

Shuttered Light Photography & Video 5
Shuttered Light Photography & Video 6
Shuttered Light Photography & Video 7

Kristine · Married on 10/22/2016

This team have exceeded our expectations. They are very cool and fun to work with. We are very happy and satisfied of the outcome of our wedding videos and photos.
    Highly recommendable to all the couples looking for a wedding dream team! ????

Sent on 12/08/2017

Mandi · event on 09/10/2016

Richard and his crew did an amazing job for our wedding. They were extremely professional and made us feel very comfortable. They knew exactly which shots we wanted and we didn't have to direct them at all. Our photos turned out perfect, I would high recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Mandi and Rey. We are honored to be part of your wedding. Enjoy your wedding album!

Mandi · Married on 09/10/2016

Richard and his Crew did an amazing job for our wedding. They made us feel extremely comfortable and remained professional the entire time. I loved that they stayed until the very end of our event. I have been in weddings where the brides are telling the photographer What shots they wanted, Not once did I have to tell them, they knew exactly what looked best. Our pictures turned out better than my expectations. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/30/2017

daniella · Married on 08/14/2016

HIRE THEM! As a previous bride I feel like I wasted so many hours talking to other videographers before meeting with Shuttered Light, immediately after meeting with them I hired them. I met with Richard almost 10 months before my wedding and was sure that they were who I wanted to go with. He sent me numerous samples that I was asking for and was so flexible in working with what I wanted. He stayed in contact with me up until the wedding and made sure that all of my questions were answered and that he had a clear idea of what I wanted on my wedding day. I did only use them for video and he even went out of his way to contact our photographer to make sure that they were on the same page to make things flow easily. The day of the wedding 2 video people arrived, Richard and his brother (I can't remember his name!) and they set everything up and were hardly noticeable during the getting ready process or throughout the wedding and reception. During the picture taking process they did have us do a couple of funny things but it ended up looking really great for the video!
    They were able to get our highlight video to us within 2 weeks and we both were soo pleased with the results. My husband even said "I don't even know how they got some of this footage I didn't even see them taking the video!" I would 110 time over tell anyone to use them. They are amazing and in my opinion were incredibly affordable.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Justin and Daniella. It was awesome to be part of your wedding!!!

Ralph · Married on 07/09/2016

I have been trying to find the right time and the right words to begin this review for them, because there aren't enough minutes in the day to thank them or words to express exactly how wonderful it was to work with them on our wedding day. My husband, Ralph and I, recently got married and used Shuttered Light Photography & Video for all of our needs! We took our engagement photos and had them with us the entire day for our wedding. Richard, Robbie, and the rest of their team are a genuine talent that cannot be compared. Ralph and I met them through a bridal expo and were so glad we did. From our first meeting, they were patient, considerate of our needs as a couple, and reassured us they would help provide the best photos and videos of our wedding day. Richard was in constant communication with us, gave us helpful advice and tips for the day-of, and made sure we were prepared and comfortable for the wedding day. On our actual wedding day, they came promptly at the start of our agreed time, watched the hours to ensure they got every perfect shot for photos/videos and were just so much fun to work with. We felt like celebrities for that day, that's for sure! They were very catering and patient with us, even though we ran behind schedule for a few things. Their vision is amazing and to see it come together in their work, is indescribable! Thank you all for your relentless hours in the sun with us to make sure we captured every perfect moment! We'd get married again just to have you guys for our photos and video! Beautiful work!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Ralph and Denise. Thank you for this detailed review. It was our pleasure to be part of your wedding. We don't need to wait for your renewal of vows for us to photograph you again... we can have maternity and newborn session next... just let us know! :) Maybe that time, we can incorporate the 240 and X in the shot. :D

Jackie · Married on 06/11/2016

Richard and his team are FANTASTIC. They captured our day perfectly. There was not a single detail missed and i feel like the puctures help us re-live our special day. They are very professional and listen to what we wanted. They understood us and our personalities and used that to give us amazing pictures. So many great candid comments and beautiful poses. Richard is funny, friendly and light hearted which made everyone in the room comfortable and relaxed. I would definitely recommend shuttered light photography to any bride! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Jackie! It's our pleasure to be part of your wedding dream team.

maureen · Married on 06/04/2016

Shuttered Light Photography and Video captured our day in such a way that no one else could have. Our pictures and video came out beyond perfect. Me and my husband Darwin made the best decision for having them cover from our Engagement to our Wedding Day. Richard and Robbie are very professional. They were an incredible team.They made us feel very comfortable. Richard and Robbie has a way in putting their clients at ease during photoshoots. They scout for proper locations, ensuring that everything was going according to plan. They've captured the most precious moments in our life! Thank you Shuttered Light for doing such an amazing job. We could not be happier with what you did for us. We would highly recommend them for any video/ photographic needs.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Maureen. It was our pleasure to cover your love story from the engagement session in Big Bear to your wedding in Marina Village in San Diego. Again congratulations to you and Darwin.

Karlo · Married on 05/22/2016

Richard and Robbie are not only the best photographer and videographer that I have ever encountered, they are two seriously incredible people. Richard and Robbie shot our engagement photos and video, and then our wedding in May 22, 2016 (which were AMAZING). The aerial drone shots and same day video edit were an added touch. Their passion really shows in the work they do. During our sessions, they provided a friendly and inviting atmosphere. It was like we've been best friends all this time. They put our needs first, when we wanted more time for photos/video. Just seeing them easily work with other vendors is also important. We couldn't be more happier with their services. We're not kidding when we say, they'll be our family's photo and video guys for future events.

Also, we added the photo booth to our package, and Alan was the Man, hosting my guests. Props to Alan for being so friendly and professional as I received positive feedback from my guests. Love the shots with the kids! :)

Keep doing what great work you guys are doing! You'll be hearing from us in the future!

Thank you!
    Mr. & Mrs. Bobiles

Sent on 06/02/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Wow! Thank you very much for this detailed review. We are honored to be part of your wedding dream team. Awesome wedding! Have fun in Japan! :)
  • I

Ireina · Married on 03/05/2016

Richard & Robbie Fadera and their team of professionals went BEYOND all expectations. I cannot express enough how grateful my husband and I are to have had them as our photographers/videographers.

From the very first day of meeting with them, they were personable, accommodating and knowledgeable. They were understanding, and never once pushed anything extra on us that we didn't want. They helped us customize a package and were in contact with us constantly, very reassuring. They listened to every idea we had, and worked with us to create an amazing engagement session and video.

On the day of the wedding, I could not have been happier to have them there. The entire photography and videography did so much more than what is asked of a photographer. From running around and helping us get some extremely last minute and forgotten items, to guiding the entire wedding party down to the aisle! So many friends and family at the wedding commented on how amazing our photographers are. They did absolutely everything in their power to ensure that our photos looked great. From climbing up a ladder to get the perfect angle, to squeezing in tight spots to get a shot but remain unseen. They ate so quickly and returned back to shooting, I'm both shocked at their endurance and grateful for it.

The wedding itself went by so quickly. What was really several hours, felt like just 40 minutes. This is why photographers and videographers are so important. Being able to show my future kids a picture of family and friends. Playing a video of my grandparents and parents saying "I love you", long after they've gone. This is what Richard, Robbie and their team gave me, and I'm forever grateful for it.

So if you're doing the photographer search dance like I was, read this review and take it to heart. You want a great team by your side that day, and these guys are it.

Sent on 03/11/2016

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Wow, thank you very much Ireina for this detailed review. We are glad that you guys had a bast. We definitely had a great time! Again congratulations to you and Oscar. Enjoy your honeymoon!

Gabby · Married on 01/09/2016

They did an amazing job! Richard and his team are very professional and great people to work with. Quality work.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Thank you Gabby!

Maria Reina · Married on 12/26/2015

Richard and his team are simply amazing! They have really great ideas for our engagement shoot and were not afraid of doing something outside the box. During the wedding, we were impressed with richard because he really took control of the large crowd ( 9 pairs of bridesmaids and groomsmen) and members of the family whom we have to take pictures with at the church, since we were only given 15 minutes to do it. The pictures came out great! I highly recommend Shuttered Light Photography!
    I also loved Robbie Fadera's work on our video. He did ours in a way that is cinematic and moving, it was like viewing the events of our wedding in a whole new different light. My husband and i were so touched, and some of our relatives were even moved to tears!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Neil and Reina! Such a blast to end 2015 capturing miments with your wedding!

Neil · Married on 12/26/2015

My wife and I were very impressed with the way our photos turned out! It was a very cold and windy day and everyone was shivering while waiting for their group picture to be taken, but Richard really knew how to handle big groups in a quick efficient way. He really knew how to style everyone so the photos look unique. We were also impressed with the number of assistant shooters he brought along with him, making sure that all the events on our special day gets documented.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Thank you. Full gallery in 2 weeks! :D

Liliana · Married on 11/14/2015

Richard was great!! He was always reachable. Answered all my questions within a timely manner. He did a great job.

Sent on 11/23/2015

We booked Shuttered Light Photography for our Wedding Ceremony. Richard was very accommodating with our needs and budget and customized our package. We had a couple of online meetings with them and numerous email correspondence and everything went great. We had Alexa as our photographer and she was very professional and flexible. Our wedding day was super crazy but she was very nice and understanding. She even helped us look for a few things that went missing! She took awesome, awesome pictures! We are very happy with how everything turned out. She had very good suggestions on location and poses. Afterwards, Richard sent us a fancy usb with all of our pictures (some photographers just give dvds) and an online album which we can share with our friends and family. They were quick too, we got the pictures about two weeks after the wedding versus a lot of our friends got theirs about 6 weeks from other photographers. I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Eric · Married on 08/15/2015

Richard and his team were absolutely amazing! I'm so glad we found them! They put in 8 HOURS shooting and filming our engagement photos and video at two separate locations across Los Angeles and we liked them so much, we had a Korean BBQ dinner together too! They blew us away by getting us all of our awesome photos and creative video completed and sent to us within 4 days!!! At our wedding, they were stellar once again. All of our guests loved how friendly and efficient they were, as well as their new photobooth, which worked flawlessly and was VERY popular with everyone! I completely, highly recommend these guys and their services are very good value for money! Richard said we'll be getting all of our wedding pictures and video today and considering that we're still in prime wedding season and these guys have a lot of work on their plates, getting us all of their work back within 3 weeks is incredible!

We love you guys!

Eric & Jess

Sent on 09/05/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Eric and Jess for a detailed review. We had a great time having your engagement and wedding pictures and videos.

We can now say we put our sweat and 'blood' in our work. literally (after the nosebleed incident) LOL :)

Again congratulations!

Jessica · Married on 07/12/2015

The reason my husband and I chose Shuttered Light as our photographer and videographer was because we were amazed with the way my friend Lindsey's wedding photos and videos turned out. They definitely did not disappoint us with our wedding photos and video. The quality and sound is amazing! I will definitely be recommending them to all of my friends who will be getting married next.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Maurice and Jessica! It's a pleasure to be part of your wedding dream team. Thank you in advance for referrals. We appreciate it.

Richard and his team were amazing!! They really know their stuff. They gave us tips and their opinions of how and where we could get the best shots. We got tons of pictures taken. They were all so professional and friendly. They make you feel comfortable. They recently added a drone to their equipment, which they had flying around getting footage of the wedding. That was new and exciting and everyone complimented on how they thought that was really cool and they had never seen anything like that. They were a great addition to our wedding. Great vendors to work with!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Thank you! :)

Joanne · event on 06/20/2015

Excellent photographer and team! Rented a photobooth for a private graduation party with 60+ guests. Shuttered Light Photography was professional, arrived early to set-up, and was friendly to all attendees. The guests enjoyed their time with the provided props and were impressed with the high quality resolution of the photographs. I would recommend Shuttered Light to anybody who would like to capture an evening not to forget! There is no better service. Thank you so much.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Joanne! We had a blast and congratulations! Go Bruins! :)

Kelly · Married on 06/14/2015

These guys are amazing!!! They were so professional and did some amazing work on the photos and especially on our video. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking a good wedding photographer/videographer.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Marc and Kelly. We received the pictures for the album. We will lay it out and ship it out as soon as it is done.

kat · Married on 06/06/2015

one thing me and my now husband, Paolo experienced on our wedding was the feeling of a complete cloud9! we don't even have a complete recollection of what happened, it what just all smiles and butterflies! Thats why we are so blessed to have Richard, Rob and Alexa to capture our wedding day, we now have photos and video of what had happened on that day. Not just pictures and videos, but beautiful photos and video that we are proud to share to our families and friends. They are very talented people, who went above and beyond on what they do!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Kat. We really appreciate it! Congrats to you and Paolo! Maternity shoot next? :)

Daniella · Married on 05/22/2015

You all know exactly what you're doing...and you do it exceptionally well! I am more than pleased with the service I received!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Daniella and Kelly!

daniella · Married on 05/22/2015

Robbie and Richard Fadera did an absolutely amazing job on our wedding video. They collaborated very well with our photographer and were very respectful of other vendors. I have received so many compliments on our wedding video and I am so thankful to them for capturing our wedding day so perfectly! Simply put, they are the best at what they do!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Juan · Married on 05/17/2015

Had the pleasure of having Richard and Robbie do the videography on our wedding on 5/17/2015. They were very professional and accommodating throughout the whole process of leading up to the wedding. When our special day finally came, they were real easy to work with, great personalities, worked with great equipment (I completely forgot I was mic'd up most of the time). Richard was great when it came to communication throughout, even after the wedding. He let us know when a hard copy of the video was going to be sent out and even contacted me to make sure that we received it. The video itself came out incredibly fast; wife and I were pleased. Although it came out fast, the quality of work was top notch; they captured the best moments of the wedding, the overall feel instantly brings us back to that day. Another thing that impressed me about the video was the song selection. We picked a pretty popular wedding song, but they put a unique twist by selecting the acoustic version of it.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Juan and Rina. Thank you for this detailed feedback. We try to deliver as fast as we can without affecting quality so at you share your video to your family and friends. Again thank you for getting us to be part of your wedding team.

My husband and I had a chance to view one of Robbie's wedding highlights videos and it brought me to tears. I knew at that moment that I had to work with the videographer. It was such a pleasant surprise to learn, then that Robbie's brother is also a photographer. The two are such a delightful, professional, artistic pair and work seamlessly together to produce shots and capture moments that you will treasure for years to come! Richard was very easy to work with and is so accommodating! He works harder than anyone I know in the business, but always maintains his composure and optimism. You will not be disappointed with this quality team! I look forward to working with the two of them for future life events.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Jasper and Sally, Thank you for the review. As promised, we expedited processing your photos and videos so you can have it before you fly out to Korea for your vacation and share it to your family and friends. Lets grab lunch or dinner at Max's in Glendale and have Crispy Pata that we've been craving since our client meeting. :)

Lindsay · Married on 03/21/2015

Shuttered light photography was amazing! They did a great job with our engagement photos and I can't wait to see how the wedding photos turn out. We also loved our engagement video and had fun spending the day with them in Venice Beach. Richard and Robbie were great to work with too, always quick to respond to questions I had and was very flexible with scheduling. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Shuttered Light Photography & Video's reply:

Hi Lindsay. We appreciate the kind words. We also had a great time covering your engagement and wedding day. Photos and video will be up soon. We would also like to thank you for booking our photobooth on your wedding day. Again, congratulations to you and Jared!