ShutterBooth Photobooth Chicago Reviews

73 | Chicago, IL

73 Reviews for ShutterBooth Photobooth Chicago

Pam · Married on 08/15/2009

Shutterbooth was great. The attendant was personable and the lighting used in the photobooth made everyone of our guests look great. I'd recommend the scrapbook, too.

Sent on 09/17/2009

Mollie · Married on 07/25/2009

"By Far the best vendor we used. Cheryl was great! She stayed longer than we had agreed and really made sure everyone who wanted to take pictures got to. The scrap book was a big hit and very creative. It was so nice to get it that night and she even sent me extra photos later of all the ones that Jonas and I were in. Really great quality service!!!!!!!"

Sent on 01/25/2010

Tyra · Married on 01/24/2009

They did what they said and provided exceptional service and the photo quality is fantastic.

Sent on 01/27/2009

Alan · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing equipment and staffing. Positive comments from all who took multiple pics.
    The booth staff member was great, personable and friendly to all.
    Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/22/2018

ShutterBooth Photobooth Chicago's reply:

Thank you Alan! We loved how much fun Brittany & Tyler, and their family & friends, had in the booth. Between all the love in the air, the packed dance floor, the extra props you brought, and countless other fun details, you threw an amazing party. We were thrilled to be a part of it!
  • June

June · Married on 09/02/2012

Great service, high-quality photos and fun props! We hired Shutterbooth for our wedding and our guests had a blast! The booth attendants were so accommodating and they presented us with an awesome album at the end of the night. In addition, we received a link the following day so that we could download all the images of the photos. We looked into other photobooth companies in the area and Shutterbooth offered the best rate and an excellent package! I highly recommend Shutterbooth to anyone interested in having a photobooth at their wedding.

Sent on 09/09/2012

Jackie · Married on 06/22/2012

All of our family and friends loved that we had a photobooth at our wedding. The pictures turned out great! Shutterbooth definately offered the highest quality photos, backgrounds, and albums that we could find when searching for a photobooth vendor. They also work with you to customize your own logo for the photostrips to match your wedding theme.

Sent on 07/30/2012
  • W

Will · Married on 06/11/2011

They did a great job. Everyone enjoyed the booth. She even opened during the lunch hour even though she wasn't obligated to because guests wanted to use the booth

Sent on 01/11/2012

Bonnie · Married on 02/02/2018

We used ShutterBooth for an event and have NOTHING but great things to say. They made the process effortless! They are such a great team and we were SO pleased with our pictures. A must for capturing special memories.

Sent on 02/26/2018

ShutterBooth Photobooth Chicago's reply:

Thank you Bonnie! We had such a great time at your event! I'm so glad you added the Unlimited Digital Sharing and GIF Animation to your package. Just the right touch to make all of your clients feel as appreciated as they are! :)

Janie · Married on 09/16/2017

We loved ShutterBooth! We felt that they were very reasonably priced, especially for the level of service and fun the photobooth provided! We got a free upgrade to a sparkly backdrop, which looked great. All of our guests had so much fun using the photobooth all night; there was even a line a lot of the night! We love that they provided a link to the online album for guests to download their photos or have them printed. We would definitely recommend them to other couples who want to have a blast at their wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2017

ShutterBooth Photobooth Chicago's reply:

Thanks so much J&S! Our navy blue sequin backdrop is one of my favorites, and I loved the custom logo you guys chose - so fun, yet classic. Your guests did have a blast in the booth - you clearly threw one heck of a party! :) You were a stunning bride. We hope you enjoy your photos and album for years and years to come!!

It was easy to work with Cheryl to sign up for a photobooth for our wedding reception. The attendant, Dave, was on time, and there were props as promised. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the scrapbook at the end of the night.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Susan · Married on 09/29/2012

Nothing I can think of. Kaitlyn and Taylor were awesome!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Joanna · Married on 07/29/2011

Shutter Booth ran our photo booth for us at our wedding. They set-up the name tag/photo frames beautifully and perfectly. They were professional and everyone at the party LOVED the booth! They brought out the props later into the evening as I had requested. The only regret I have is my (now) husband and I didn't get a chance to take any photos of just the 2 of us! Oh well. Shutter Booth was great!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Jason · Married on 08/06/2016

3.5

Got married on 8/6/16 in Chicago and hired ShutterBooth for our event. Jason did an awesome job the night of. The packages were great, the team is friendly and the end result was awesome. They give you a book at the end of the night with most of the pictures included (some guests don't add them to the book), but then provided a link where we could download them all. and let me tell you... those are AWESOME. I would recommend them for any wedding and would used them again for any other event I plan in the future.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Mimosa · Married on 09/17/2011

We really enjoyed having ShutterBooth Photobooth - Chicago at our wedding. At the end of the day, it was an added cost we felt was worthwhile. We got the Platinum Package and the cost and quality was very competitive compared to other vendors.
    All the guests (young and old) loved that we had a photobooth (with props) throughout the evening. The booth itself was well-made and was able to fit a good number of people without seeming like it was going to fall apart (unlike another one my friend had at her wedding). We love the
    The inquiry/booking process started off shaky because I had to work with someone in Milwaukee first (she was very responsive but had to pass some of my questions along so it took time) and there were some responsiveness issues from the Chicago person. However, once I booked with them and got into the nitty gritty planning process the communication and response time got better. I worked solely with Cheryl in Chicago at that point until the big day. She did a great job with helping me create my logo and walked me through all the options available.
    The two event hosts were very professional and did a fabulous job of decorating and putting my scrapbook/album together the night off. To this day (almost a year later) friends and family still enjoy flipping through the scrapbook/album. Within a couple of weeks, we received a CD copy of the photobooth pics too!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Kim · Married on 04/17/2011

So happy I went with Shutterbooth. I've done a lot of research and comparison, and although they are a little more pricey than other vendors, the quality of pictures, scrapbook, and professionalism is so well worth it!

Sent on 01/14/2012
  • Haley

Haley Reimer · Married on 08/17/2019

Great photo quality!

Shutterbooth hit all our requirements and our guests loved the booth. First off, they offered an unlimited hours and prints package and threw in 2 special upgrades that, while not the cheapest, gave us a great value for the evening without having to worry about setup time etc. They were flexible and easy to work with, allowing us to customize many little things that made the booth feel more personal to us (customized logo, special message, gif maker to name a few!). The attendant was great with our guests, patiently explaining and helping our less tech savvy guests out. Perhaps most importantly, the photo quality was fantastic - really, some of the best pics the night of our guests came from the booth (professional photos to come!). My one recommendation for any couple would be to plan on adding some of your own props. The provided props were pretty generic and I was really glad I spent a few extra dollars to have props that were meaningful to us and our story!

Sent on 09/04/2019

ShutterBooth Photobooth Chicago's reply:

Thank you Haley!!! Our team loved helping you bring your vision to life! It makes us happy knowing that you will have 100s of amazing photos of your family and friends to always remind you of a truly spectacular day :) Best wishes to you and J!

Gina · Married on 07/13/2013

I used Shutterbooth for my 7/13/13 wedding and they were the hit of the night. We received countless compliments on how the photobooth "made" the night. The attendant was wonderful and helpful and everyone had a great time. I definitely recommend getting the guest book. We have been looking at it nonstop since the wedding and can't stop laughing at all the pictures.

I could not give Shutterbooth a flawless review because I had some issues with communication while they were moving offices and the girl who I had been in contact with also went on vacation. An automated away message in her email would have been a good choice because it took nearly 3 weeks to hear back. However, these were unique circumstances and all other communication was prompt.

My husband I did a TON of research before booking a photobooth company and I could not have been any happier with the end result with using Shuterbooth.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Catherine · Married on 07/09/2011

4.2
      3.5

Great thing to do in lieu of party favors that everyone ends up leaving behind anyways. Props (provided by the vendor or purchased on your own) make it SUPER fun and INTERESTING.

Sent on 01/12/2012

caroline · Married on 08/25/2012

4.2
      3.0

we would recommend them to friends and family!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Lauren · Married on 11/12/2016

3.8
      3.0

The Shutterbooth owners are amazing - they get a 5 out of 5 for sure. The reason the review is only 4 stars is that the booth did have technical difficulties which resulted in it being unavailable to our guests for half of the night. My husband and I didn't even get to use it as the bride and groom, and it was one of the things he was most looking forward to at the reception. But the owners were so apologetic - and Jason even came out to the hotel himself to try to help fix the problem. And then they worked with us to adjust the final cost as a result of the booth not being available, which we appreciated. it still means that our guest book from the wedding isn't as complete as we hoped it would be - but we appreciated their prompt response to the issue the night of and their flexibility to work with us after the fact.

Sent on 03/10/2017

3.2
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0

This was the wedding vendor I was least happy with from my wedding. While in general everything was fine, there were some details that left me disappointed. Apparently there were some technical difficulties that led to the photo booth being opened a little later than planned. To be fair, I don't know the details and if there was anything that could have been done to prevent it, but it happened. What really left me disappointed was the photo book. We were were really looking forward to going through the book that the attendant puts the strips in and has guests write notes in and when we opened the book there was literally 1 page with a handful of notes, a few pages with photo strips, and a stack of miscellaneous photo strips tucked in the back cover. From my experience there and talking to guests, I think the attendant may have been overwhelmed, not directive enough to the guests, and didn't take the time after to organize the book. Every wedding I've been to with a photo booth the attendant has done a good job of taking charge and guiding the guests, so I'm not sure if our attendant was new or what, but someone dropped the ball. Also, I was a bit disappointed in the prop selection.

That all said, the photo booth still worked for most of the time and our guests had a lot of fun with it, which is what matters. As the person who paid for it though, I was disappointed in the details.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Lisa · Married on 01/07/2012

2.0

We were very disappointed in the service we received from ShutterBooth Photo Booth. We got the idea to have a Photo Booth from a wedding we had gone to where they had a book out for everyone to sign by their picture. We loved this idea and wanted to do the same and that is what we were told we would get from ShutterBooth. However, they didn't have the book out or even tell our guests that they could sign the book if they wanted to. We had a very difficult time getting them to answer emails or phone calls. When we got our digital copies of the pictures in the mail we were missing almost half of our pictures and had to ask them to send us the rest. From a company that is only a Photo Booth Service we were very dissapointed in what we got.

Sent on 02/20/2012

Jen · Married on 05/13/2017

1.4
      2.0

ShutterBooth was the 1st vendor I booked (was SO excited). The owner, Kelly, was awesome to work with and very professional. Billing was easy and photo strips super cute.
    *Con: Timing. Photo booth end time should match the end time of the reception (so guests don't feel like the party is over). You don't ever know when exactly dinner is over, but I wanted the booth to start right after dinner. An extra hour of picture time is $50 IF you book that in advance. OR, its $150 if asked for on the night of. Ok, that makes no sense. So of course what happened was that we paid extra for time not needed. I didn't like this during the booking process because it's illogical and money-gouging. **Con: We made it clear to Kelly and our venue that we were paying for a vendor meal. During my own wedding dinner, I got up and went to the photo booth attendant and told him his meal was at the bar. He declined (I'm sure to just be polite.. but during my wedding, I didn't have time to explain to him that it was paid for).
    **Con: In their Final Details email, they ask for a vendor meal (which is fine). But they ask for a TIP (politely of course). But they suggest a tip and offer to send an invoice (PRIOR to the wedding). Why would someone tip any vendor prior to service? 2ndly, let's be honest... a photo booth attendant is not usually tipped. **Con: and this made me so SAD that I have not looked at my photo album. My husband and I brought our photo book on the plane to our honeymoon so excited to read the messages. There were NONE. The attendant never asked one person to sign it. There are 3 strips on 8 scrapbook pages so we had to ask family to give us their strips after the wedding. Kelly refunded $50 for the unused hour and $100 for horrible scrapbook. Instead of $900 ShutterBooth, we should have had a selfie stick, iphone and scrapbook station. $100 refund does not compensate for the mistake we made in hiring them and losing those memories we were so excited for.

Sent on 05/26/2017