Shrewsbury String Quartet Reviews

44 | Lewes, DE

44 Reviews for Shrewsbury String Quartet

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Clare · Married on 05/18/2012

Tony and the musicians of Shrewsbury are amazing and play gorgeous music. They were friendly, down to earth, and professional. Their prices are reasonable and they get back to you right away. I highly recommend them for your wedding ceremony, especially if you are doing something outdoors like we did. It really adds a nice emotional touch to the day. Bravo!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Claudia · Married on 09/17/2011

The quartet was beautiful and really made our ceremony an incredible experience! I loved hearing the Beatles as we walked down the aisle.. It truly made our day special and personalized. All my guests were so impressed! Thank you for helping make our ceremony so wonderful!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Amy · Married on 09/10/2011

I hired the Shrewsbury String Quartet to play alongside a pianist at my wedding in September. I hate somber organ music and love strings so I thought it this would be a good substitute. I couldn't have made a better decision. The music was absolutely beautiful. I'm not a corny person, but this music made my ceremony magical. Tony was really easy to work with. He sent me a demo CD, discussed some of the pieces the quartet could play for my wedding, showed me an outline and suggested selections for different parts of the ceremony. The quartet knew the Catholic mass parts, kept up playing before and after the ceremony so there was no "dead air," worked well with the church pianist, and played a strings version of Bittersweet Symphony while my new husband and I walked out of the church. There was an audible gasp and huge smiles from the guests. We received tons of compliments on the music. I didn't have the ceremony filmed but now wish I at least had an audio recording of the music. I highly recommend the Shrewsbury String Quartet for beautiful ceremony music!

Sent on 03/25/2012

lori · Married on 09/01/2011

So affordable and they really set the tone for our wedding!!! They played beautifully and everyone noted how emotional they were getting from the beauty of the ceremony which the Shrewsbury Quartette helped contribute to. I'd book them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/19/2011

Kathryn · Married on 04/29/2011

I booked a string quartet for my outdoor wedding ceremony with the Shrewsbury String Quartet. The price for their service was very reasonable. Shrewsbury String Quartet made the process very simple and easy. They were quick in their responses and open to my music suggestions and were very helpful in providing music suggestions to me. The music they played was beautiful! They sounded great and I was very happy!

Sent on 05/12/2011

Debra M. · Married on 10/10/2009

The Shrewsbury String Quartet provided the music for my daughters wedding ceremony and cocktail hour on October 10, 2009. They are not only exceptionally talented musicians, but wonderful people. Tony responds immediately to phone calls, is extremely patient, knowledgeable and helpful. After meeting with him, I left the music in his capable hands, knowing it was the one wedding detail I knew I didn't have to worry about. His calm and professional manner, kindness and genuine caring nature, is just what every bride and her family needs on that very hectic day. If you have the chance to hear them in person, don't miss the opportunity. Check their website, it is very helpful and easy to navigate. They absolutely made the wedding ceremony, taking it to a whole new level of beautiful and memorable! Five stars isn't nearly enough!! Debbie B.

Sent on 11/19/2009
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 09/27/2008

They were nice to work with. price was good. Everyone enjoyed them. They worked with me for the music selection.

Sent on 10/29/2008

Leah · Married on 08/31/2008

They were wonderful!!! They saved me after my previous band quit at the last minute. Shrewsbury String Quartet squeezed me into their tight schedule and made it work. It was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 09/05/2008

Andrea · Married on 08/08/2008

Tony from the Shrewsbury Quartet was quick with responding to my questions and very professional. My husband and I sent the Quartet sheet music and an MP3 of a song we liked to have as "our song". We sent it about 3 months before the wedding and to our surprise, the Quartet learned the song and even rehearsed it at another wedding (where everyone asked what it was because it was so beautiful). When they played at my wedding (ceremony), it was so beautiful, I was in tears walking down the isle! They were really great to work with and all my guests loved them! I highly recommend them!

~ Andrea M.

Sent on 08/14/2008

They were excellent. Professional, punctual and made our Mass more beautiful than we could have hoped for. They had so many wonderful suggestions and traveled quite a distance to us. We couldn't have been happier with them!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Shannon · Married on 08/26/2007

Shrewsbury string quartet was a wonderful choice. They were very professional through everything. They really personalized our ceremony and worked with us to make sure everything was perfect. I was very particular about the song I walked down the aisle to, and they were able to accomodate my request. I would definitly recommend them.

Sent on 08/23/2008

Rachel · Married on 03/31/2007

So pleased to see that this quartet is still active. I was married on April 2, 2005 (the calendar on this review site only dates back to 2007 - so please excuse the discrepancy in this review). These are the most professional and talented musicians I could have hired for my ceremony. They endured a storm the likes South Jersey has yet to see since, and were still punctual (even though I was not.) If you want beautiful music coupled with professional vendors- this is the quartet for you!

Sent on 03/29/2017
  • User3195001 · 2+ years ago

Shrewsbury String Quartet provided our ceremony music and we were extremely impressed. We researched numerous musicians in the area and settled on Shrewsbury after talking with Tony. He was knowledgeable, responsive, provided song recommendations and let us know what he thought would or wouldn’t work with our outdoor ceremony. We eventually settled on a trio and the music was perfect! We received many compliments on the ceremony music and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Keithe · Married on 06/18/2010

They were extremely easy to work with, showed up on time, and sounded absolutely beautiful on the wedding day. What more could you ask for?

Sent on 08/13/2010

Stacey · Married on 06/15/2008

They were a great vendor. They were very responsive to my needs and wishes. I was able to give them a list of particular music I wanted to be played and when and it sounded beautiful. Our ceremony was outside and they were placed in the back corner but was able to echo throughout and sounded great. Pretty good price for the time and they even stayed a little over until all of the guests have gotten up and moved to the back of the mansion for the cocktail hour.

Sent on 09/02/2010

Tracey · Married on 07/10/2010

The Shrewsbury Quartet are beautiful musicians. They did a wonderful job playing at our wedding and we recieved many compliments about their performance. Some music was not played during the ceremony that we thought would be played. The ceremony was moving at a fast pace so we are unsure if they could not keep up or if their was some other reason the music was not played. Tony at the Shrewsbury Quartet has a wonderful personality and is a pleasure to talk to. Loved these guys and would recommend them to anyone. Their music made our day extra special! Thanks guys :)

Sent on 07/28/2010

sabrina · Married on 05/30/2009

The Shrewsbury String Quartet was easy to work with and did an incredible job. About two weeks before the wedding I picked non-traditional music for the ceremony and they were able to transpose the songs for me!!! As a very busy graduate student it was wonderful to work with such a kind and accommodating vendor! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/24/2009

Kristen · Married on 11/13/2010

2.8
      3.0

I went into my wedding thinking I was very pleased with my selection for the ceremony music. Tony Gizzi was extremely nice and easy to work with, very helpful with suggestions, each to get in touch with, etc. However, during the ceremony they sounded out of tune and completely missed playing the song for my mom to walk down the aisle to. I was very disapointment and should have just gone with the music with my band (they have string options, too). Center State Entertainment is the company I used for reception music (their main band) - they were phenominal.

Sent on 12/06/2010

2.2
      2.5

Please do not use them! Yes they get back to you quickly, work with you, and arrive on time but not worth it. They played just for my ceremony and messed up horribly . The Rabbi had to yell at them to even start playing, she litterelly yelled, JUST PLAY SOMETHING! Then they started my recessional song after I was down the aisle. They weren't paying attention to the first kiss and watching me get my flowers to know to start. For what I paid, and they played 3 songs, and they messed up 2 out of 3. I'm shocked they didn't offer to refund me money so I could avoid writing this in an effort to save face.

Sent on 10/16/2013