Show Stopper Make-Up Reviews

31 | Austin, TX

31 Reviews for Show Stopper Make-Up

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Lindsey · Married on 06/08/2013

Sarah was wonderful. I found her by looking up different wedding makeup artists and I am so glad she was who I chose. She was so sweet and helpful during the whole process and everyone kept saying just how perfect my makeup was. She fit right in with all the girls the day of and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better person to make the day special!

Marcela · Married on 03/16/2012

I love Sarah and greatly recommend her to anyone needing makeup for their wedding. She did makeup for my wedding, and she did an amazing job for me and my mom. I'm a fellow makeup artist so I'm really particular with the way my makeup looks, but she did an amazing job! Seriously no complaints. She's very professional, friendly, and a great help on your wedding day. She makes sure things run smoothly and is a pleasure to work with.

Julia · Married on 11/05/2011

Sarah was absolutely amazing! I usually dont wear alot of makeup, but Sarah made me feel so beautiful on my special day. I just gave her a basic idea of how I saw myself for my wedding day, and she went above and beyond what I expected. She was even 8 months pregnant on my wedding day and still did my makeup AND my mother in law and my mother! She is a real trooper :) We were all so pleased with her and she is such a sweetheart. Hire this girl!

katrina · Married on 10/21/2011

Sarah at Show Stopper Make-up is amazing. I had not put much thought into this part of my wedding planning, but once we chatted, did a trial run, I was sold. I was concerned with looking "fake" and over done, but this was not the case. The application was flawless, for the entire day-evening.

I'd 100% recommend Show Stopper Make-up to any bride... Sarah is the best at what she does... not only that, she's fun to be around and keeps the nerves down on the big day!

Vanessa · Married on 10/16/2011

Sarah is a master of her art and a total professional. I am a repeat customer of Sarah's and every time she does my make up it's long lasting coverage with perfect picture colors, no photo touch ups needed! On my wedding day, my bridesmaids and mother took advangage of the Showstopper talent and all looked glamorous for my big day!

Marisol · Married on 08/27/2011

Sarah is amazing very talented any look you are going for she can do it. She's very fun, I guarantee you'll have a great experience. Highly recommend!!!

Stephanie · Married on 05/28/2011

Sarah is extremely talented. She listened to every concern, every wish, and on my wedding day she made my vision a reality. I had so many compliments on my makeup!

Anna Bell · Married on 11/06/2010

My review is about a year late, but this should in no way be construed as any less than a glowing endorsement! I can only echo what so many previous reviewers expressed. Sarah did such a fantastic job on the makeup for my three bridesmaids, my mother and myself; juggling all of us was no easy feat. Her professionalism, preparation and attention to detail were excellent - we all have had different skin tones and makeup neuroses, yet everyone looked equally fantastic. Her technique is sophisticated and classy; no fear of "prom night" looks with her! She spent significant time with me before the wedding reviewing my preferences and trying out different looks. Not to mention, in perhaps one of the more challenging situations she has had for a wedding, my future husband was hospitalized early on our wedding day, which made for a swollen face, red eyes and lots of tension as Sarah went about her work. Her calm demeanor and encouraging words really helped me look and feel better. She graciously rearranged her schedule to do my makeup again, a week later, so that my husband and I could retake our wedding photos. When I get rich, I will have Sarah do my makeup for EVERY occasion!

Leslie · Married on 09/26/2010

Sarah was a pleassure to work with. Not only did she make me look beautiful on my wedding day she also made the entire process a joyful one. In searching for a makeup artist many could not bend their hours to meet with me during the evening hours when I was off work. Sarah came highly recommended by a friend and I can see why. She met with me at a time that worked for me and was very quick to respond to emails and phone calls etc. The day off the wedding it was great to just get my hair done and let Sarah work her magic to make me look my best. My wedding day was the best day of my life and Sarah was a huge part of the day's success.

• aeldridge

Amanda · Married on 08/28/2010

Absolutely Amazing! The company name DEFINITELY lives up to the results that you see from Sarah's work! Sarah did my makeup for my bridal portraits and the day of my wedding. She did SUCH a fantastic job. I can not say enough good things about her and her work. She has a creative and unique style that is completely complimentary to each of her clients, which was apparent when she did my makeup, my mother's and several bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding. They each have their own unique skin type and makeup style. She catered to each of their needs and wants leaving each of them gorgeous and very satisfied with her work. Sarah is a sweet and personable person who has a peppy and upbeat attitude toward life and her work. You can tell that she genuinely loves her job because of her positive attitude and willingness to help and change to fit the customer's wants. While being professional, she is also very concerned about her clients and was willing to help me with any and all questions that I had regarding makeup and skincare, so that I might have the most optimal effects on each of my occasions pertaining to my wedding. She was so helpful and a true blessing to have when I had a series of questions that I didn't know the answer to. She was always only an email or phone call away and always willing to help. To me, this says alot about a person and a business owner. She is not simply out to make a buck, but rather out to pursue her passions and make her clients happy. She is, by far, an amazing makeup artist and I was completely satisfied with each time that I worked with her throughout my wedding....from the first initial consultation to the day of my wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend Sarah to anyone who is looking for a makeup artist for their own special occasion. She is well worth the money and works closely with you to make you happy as well as beautiful.

Donya · Married on 05/08/2010

Sarah has an amazing talent that is unrivaled in Austin, from what I've seen. With her own stunningly beautiful face and dynomite personality to match, she really got to know not only myself but the mood I was trying to go for with our wedding. She helped me feel like the most gorgeous bride ever, which, in the end, is what every bride really wants! (She also managed to take about 10 years off both my mother and mother-in-law, she was definitely their hero that day!)

Not only did she take the time to do a full pre-big day consultation, she answered every little question I had and helped me plan a beauty routine leading up to the big day (that I have continued to practice with amazing results!) She really knows her stuff when it comes to both skincare and makeup.

I can unequivocally say that Sarah was a huge part in making my wedding day the most spectacular day of my life and I am so happy to recommend her with the utmost confidence!

Loreen · Married on 05/01/2010

I knew that I wanted to use Sarah with Show Stopper Make-up for my wedding day once she had done my make-up for me at my sister-n-law's wedding. I used Sarah for my bridals and on my wedding day. Not only did she do my make-up, but she did the whole wedding party and my mom. I was very pleased with her professionalism and you can tell that she loves what she does and is very passionate about it. She made me feel beautiful and made sure that I felt the way I wanted too and was comfortable. All my bridesmaids really loved their make-up too and had nothing but good things to say about her ability to match their tones and make them look great also!

Jessica · Married on 04/09/2010

Sarah was excellent. She was refered to me by my hair stylist and was completely willing to work with my hectic wedding day schedule. As someone who doesn't wear much makeup on a daily basis (foundation, eye liner and mascara) she made sure I looked great but felt comfortable in the makeup she applied. She is also quite affordable considering the cost of weddings these days. She was nothing but professional and I highly recommend her for weddings and other formal events!

jennifer · Married on 12/06/2009

Gotta say Sarah is amazing! She did my makeup for my wedding back in Dec. '09 and made me looked fantastic! She listens to what you want and will help you achieve the kind of look that you desire and also delivers! She works with all kinds of complexions because not only did she make me look great but also my entire bridal party, which consists of an African American and Asian ladies, and also both of our moms! I received endless compliments on how I looked that day and after I received my pictures, I was really impressed! My makeup looked flawless and I just loved my look on my wedding day! I can't say enough nice things about her because not only is she very professional but she is also a really nice person and so fun to work with! Let me tell you all brides-to-be out there, everything on that day will stress you out, so if you're looking for one thing to go right and be stress free then choose ShowStopper makeup and you will get exactly that!

Joli · Married on 12/05/2009

I used Show Stopper for my wedding day and have no regrets! Sarah was so easy to work with and made me feel at such ease on my big day. She was very flexible in coming to the location where I was getting ready and that is a huge bonus. She has tons of expertise on make-up and what will look best on you, but also listens to you and what you want so the end result is something you will love. My make-up lasted through the whole day and evening and I got so many great comments on how great it looked. I would highly suggest using Sarah for your next event...you won't regret it!

• Leslieh76

Leslie · Married on 09/18/2009

I found Sarah via this website and was impressed by her amazing reviews. They're all true. She's fantastic and I would give her a "6" if I could. Sarah did the most amazing job...from my trial run(s) to the big day. She's an excellent listener and a perfectionist. These are two qualities you want in a make-up artist on your wedding day. I've been looking at photos of the big day and everyone looks absolutely radiant. Initially, I was worried that she wouldn't be able to please all four bridesmaids as well as my mother but she definitely did. She made each of us look glamorous without feeling uncomfortable. She's also incredibly sweet and a lot of fun!

Becky · Married on 09/05/2009

Sarah did an outstanding job with my make-up.

Lori · Married on 05/30/2009

Sarah did my make-up for my bridal portraits and my wedding day as well as all 8 of my bridesmaids and the two mothers, i would highly recommend anyone to get there make-up done by her, she did a fantastic job !!! Thanks Sarah :) -Lori H.

Erica · Married on 05/24/2009

Sarah with Show Stopper Make-Up was fantastic. She booked my appointment on short-notice, did a fantastic job and I got many compliments on how great my makeup looked. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist in the Austin area.

Jennifer · Married on 05/09/2009

You could not ask for a more talented or beautiful person than Sarah of Show Stopper Make-Up to help you look and feel your best on your wedding day. Sarah not only applied my make up beautifully (and it did not have to be touched up the entire afternoon/evening, despite the 90 degree, humid weather), but she also saved the day when my original hair style turned out to be a disaster! In the end, my hair and make up were both perfect and I felt absolutely gorgeous. I cannot thank her enough for being a part of my big day!

Amanda · Married on 03/07/2009

Sarah was a fabulous addition to have on my wedding day!! We went for our trial run and booked her halfway through! We didn't realize how much fun Sarah add to getting ready that day. She brought her own music to play and wasn't bothered by my dad's tv! She talked baseball with my dad and talked makeup with the girls! She worked quickly and everyone looked beautiful! I was skeptical about the fake lashes but I am so so so glad I ended up with them! My pictures are amazing!! I would highly recommend Show Stopper Make-Up!

Kathryn · Married on 02/14/2009

Show Stopper was awesome! They do such a great job and make you feel so beautiful!

• soon2b_mrsb

Shalaine · Married on 01/10/2009

Was very professional and flexible with our requests!

Jacqui · Married on 06/07/2008

Sarah did a wonderful job on my make-up for my wedding day. I felt beautiful, and received many compliments all day on how beautiful my make-up looked. She was there to do touch ups, and helped all of my bridesmaids look their best as well. I will use her again!

Jill · Married on 12/29/2007

Every bride wants to feel like the most beautiful woman in the world - and I was no exception! Sarah was a joy to work with because she listened to my ideas and combined them with her own creative inspirations. Having hired Sarah for my engagement photos, bridal portrait, and wedding day (including four bridesmaids and my mother!), I can recommend Sarah with the utmost confidence that she will make your special day even more perfect and memorable than you had imagined.