Short North Piece of Cake Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Yvonne
    Yvonne Getting married on 03/18/2023

I love this place

I found short North when I was walking and it's right around the corner from where I live. Every time I go there it brings a big smile of freshness. so diverse and the bakers are so friendly. Laura is the best and very professional.
    Tiffany F. Married on 03/18/2022

Vanilla Bean is top tier!

Short North was recommended by our venue and they did not disappoint.

Our cake was beautiful, just what we ordered, and perfect amount for our guests.

We went with vanilla bean and marble with the buttermilk frosting. 10/10 recommend. Delicious!

You can’t go wrong with short north, not to mention amazing customer service!

Short North Piece of Cake's reply:

Hi Tiffany! We are so glad that you enjoyed the look and taste of your cake. We hope you had a great event and thank you for taking the time to post a review!
    Ali Married on 09/26/2020

A m a z i n g!

Short North was recommended to me through a family member that lives in the Columbus area. Due to the corona virus, our wedding had to be drastically downsized and changed at the last minute. Short North was absolutely amazing with their quick response time, flexibility, and understanding. The cake itself was beautiful and everything that I asked for and more! And the taste!! Everyone raved about how delicious it was! We didn't have a single slice left because everyone had a second helping! We cannot recommend Short North Piece of Cake enough!
  • Karen
    Karen J. Married on 08/05/2020

Made Our Elopement Delicious

Short North Piece of Cake (unbeknownst to them) provided our elopement cake! My husband and I threw together a last minute elopement when we had to reschedule our large wedding celebration due to COVID-19. We booked a local venue and officiant, and scrambled to find flowers and cake without making too big of a fuss. Short North Piece of Cake had no contact delivery and delicious cakes! We even saved a piece for breakfast the next day. Thank you, Short North Piece of Cake, for being a part of our special day.
    Sandra R. Married on 08/01/2020

Wonderful and tasty experience.

We enjoyed the tasting very much. They provided several cake options to taste, as well as multiple filling options. In addition, they waived the tasting fee as we booked that day. Everything was delicious and the pricing met our budget. In addition, I felt that they were much more responsive than other vendors when I was trying to book the tasting.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa G. Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect final Piece to our day!

The team at Short North Piece of Cake was nothing short of incredible! From Laura guiding us through the cake tasting and helping us refine our wedding day vision to Nikki helping us with all our final perfect details. They created beautiful works of art for our wedding dessert table. The team is so easy to work with, polite and prompt responses and show stopping desserts. I’m thrilled they were our vendor for desserts. I can not recommend them enough.
  • Rachel
    Rachel W. Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful!

We absolutely loved our cake! Everything was perfect with working with Short North Piece of Cake. They were very detailed during the tasting and helped with picking out the perfect size and flavor combinations. They were really attentive to the timeline that was provided and even worked to adjust the delivery time so that the cake would be in perfect condition for our day. Being able to rent a cake stand was also really nice and was one less thing to have to worry about. I wasn't able to work with them on the day of the wedding, but I had left the decorations and my vision of how I wanted it to look and it was perfectly executed!
  • Amy
    Amy T. Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful staff, delicious cake, very memorable experience!

The entire experience of working with Short North Piece of cake was amazing, from the tasting to eating leftover wedding cake on our honeymoon :) We worked mostly with Laura and Nikki, and they were super responsive, kind and professional. Our cake was so delicious, as were the other mini desserts we ordered! A definite highlight of the reception. The chocolate espresso cake with hazelnut filling is out of this world. (and I should know, I've been eating it for the last 4 days). Thank you!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent!

We had a great experience with short north piece of cake. From the tasting to the actual cake. We loved everything about it! I would highly recommend them to anyone that’s looking for a professional experience and a beautiful cake!

Short North Piece of Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and photos! We greatly appreciate all the love and wish you both the very best. :)
    Laura and the Team at Short North Piece of Cake
  • Markita
    Markita S. Married on 06/29/2019

MAGAZINE worthy cake

Our cake was stunning. Classic looking cake. Simple and Elegant. And of course it tasted Amazing! The tiers were tall which I loved! It made the cake appear very grand although there were only 3 tiers. And they also coordinated with my florist to decorate with the flowers we purchased. Exceeded my expectations. We had a 3 tier cake with 2 sheet cakes that were in the back. Each tier had two layers of filling and 3 layers of cake that you can mix and match at no extra cost. The sheet cakes had 2 layers of filling. Their white cake tastes like yummy pound cake. We fed about 85 people.
  • F
    Faye C. Married on 06/01/2019

Stress-free and delicious

We had cake tasting with a couple of local bakeries but Short North Piece of Cake stood out. Very professional and most importantly, their cake is delicious. The ordering process was easy. They have cake stand rentals too! We got everything we wanted with the taste and the design.

We highly recommend Short North Piece of Cake if you want stress-free, delicious, wedding cake.

Short North Piece of Cake's reply:

Than you so much for your positive feedback, Faye! We were so happy to work with you on your special day and glad we could make the process as sweet as possible!
  • Ryan
    Ryan Married on 04/27/2019

A cake to remember

Short North Piece of Cake executed what I wanted perfectly - my husband and I live in the Washington, DC area and wanted to bring a little bit of DC to our wedding that was taking place near Columbus, OH. The cake was picture perfect and they were able to accommodate our flavor swap close to our date. People raved about how beautiful it was. :-)
    Rebecca Married on 09/22/2018
    Short north piece of cake is amazing! Not only did my cake and the extra desserts I had taste AMAZING, my cake design came out better than I could have asked for. My cake was so beautiful and I absolutely loved it and all of the desserts I ordered as well. Kendall , who I worked with there was such a pleasure to work with, also prompt to respond and really understood my vision for the cake. I would highly recommend them for your wedding cake and any additional dessert options!
    Tracey Married on 09/16/2018

Cake was so delicious!

Short North Piece of Cake was fantastic through the whole process.
    Sally Married on 06/23/2018
    Short North Piece of Cake made our wedding cake and mini desserts. They were professional, prepared, and delicious.
    Tabitha Married on 06/23/2018
    Short North Piece of Cake did a phenomenal job with our cake and cupcakes. They are very responsive and helpful throughout the process, and make great efforts to be sure you are completely informed about the whole process. We had a small cake to cut, and cupcakes to supplement. Going that route made it all a little cheaper, and in my opinion, the cupcakes are better tasting because they have the perfect icing/cake ratio. For the cake, we did the basic white icing and requested a few extra flowers from our florist, and it turned out beautifully!

Short North Piece of Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and stunning photo. It was truly our pleasure working with you and making this cake and cupcakes for you. Congratulations again on your wedding and we hope to work with you again on another occasion.
    Bill Married on 05/27/2018
    The tasting at Short North Piece of Cake was professional, organized and delicious. Laura did not rush the tasting, is willing to accommodate special requests and answered all our questions. We were presented with the options included and added two specialty flavors. We ultimately chose a combination. The samples were generous and allowed us to see and taste what the guests would receive. The buttercream icing is amazing!
    Monika Married on 05/27/2018
    Our wedding cake was so amazing, I wish I could eat it every day. I'm pretty sure my husband still has dreams of that cake too
    Laura worked with us during the tasting, which was one of the most fun parts of wedding planning. She was so kind and helpful, and very knowledgable and professional.
    We only had a small two-tier cake (one layer chocolate, and one layer yellow) with dark chocolate ganache and buttercream frosting. Our colors were black, white, and gold, so we had them so black fondant with gold leaf on one of the corners (we had a square shape cake). We used their gold cake stand as a rental which made the cake look so regal. We also had some sheet cake in order to serve all our guests.
    We had no issues with delivery, and the cake tasted as good on our wedding day (or actually the day after, because we had our venue save it for us) as it did at our tasting.
    Spencer Married on 04/22/2018
    The Short North Piece of Cake is the one and only bakery I considered for my wedding cake! I messaged with the owner and she was so kind and super responsive. The cake tasting was so delicious and their shop adorable. They accommodated my fiance and soon to be step-son in the process and made it so special not to mention their cake is divine! Can't wait to enjoy our cute cake on our big day!
    Leda Married on 01/01/2018
    Short North Piece of Cake is ALWAYS a pleasure to work with! I had them make my very own wedding cake 3 years ago when I got married, and now as a Wedding Planner here in Columbus, I always refer my brides to them. I've worked with them multiple times this year, and as usual, it's been fantastic. Their cakes are always delicious AND right on point with the bride's vision, and their team is always easy to work with. Thanks for being so great, guys!
    Eliza Married on 10/21/2017
    Short North Piece of Cake is a dream come true for brides. They are a pleasure to work with, very affordable, and the cake is delicious! They were so patient and accommodating with me as I changed my mind at least 5 times on what I wanted my cake to look like. They took my vision (which was all described through email and pictures) and turned it into a reality! I couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake. It was BEAUTIFUL and enjoyed by all of our guests. I would HIGHLY recommend Short North Piece of Cake. Kendall was so great to work with!
    Stefani Married on 10/21/2017
    They were so wonderful to work with! We had our tasting and once that was done I felt comfortable checking the cake details off our long list of things to do. The cake was STUNNING, and not to mention absolutely delicious! Thank you!! XO
    Becky Married on 10/20/2017
    Cake was delicious and they were a joy to work with!
    Anna Married on 10/14/2017
    I enjoyed my experience with Piece of Cake. My (now) husband and I live out of town, but the shop was able to find a tasting time that fit our busy schedules. We felt their tasting was very generous, and they allow you to add additional specialty cake and icing/filling flavors for a small price. Since we decided to book with them, they gave us all of the extras to take home after the tasting.
    I tend not to care much for cake, but my husband wanted some at our reception. I liked that Piece of Cake had other non-standard flavors (pumpkin!) to choose from. We ended up getting a smaller, 2-tier cake (pumpkin flavor for fall) and then had the rest of our cake made in sheet cakes. We did half pumpkin cake and half a more standard flavor. Piece of Cake was very willing to accommodate this request. Although the cake was smaller, it looked beautiful on the cake table with the cake stand and topper. They have many options for cake stands, but ultimately I found one I loved that I ended up purchasing, and they had no problem using that. I was surprised to learn that the cost for cake was much more affordable than I expected at Piece of Cake.
    Donna Married on 10/09/2017
    MY cake was perfect Kendall made it all so easy