Short North Piece of Cake Reviews

Short North Piece of Cake 5
Short North Piece of Cake 6
Short North Piece of Cake 7

Tabitha · Married on 06/23/2018

Short North Piece of Cake did a phenomenal job with our cake and cupcakes. They are very responsive and helpful throughout the process, and make great efforts to be sure you are completely informed about the whole process. We had a small cake to cut, and cupcakes to supplement. Going that route made it all a little cheaper, and in my opinion, the cupcakes are better tasting because they have the perfect icing/cake ratio. For the cake, we did the basic white icing and requested a few extra flowers from our florist, and it turned out beautifully!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    Short North Piece of Cake 9

Short North Piece of Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and stunning photo. It was truly our pleasure working with you and making this cake and cupcakes for you. Congratulations again on your wedding and we hope to work with you again on another occasion.

Sally · Married on 06/23/2018

Short North Piece of Cake made our wedding cake and mini desserts. They were professional, prepared, and delicious.

Bill · Married on 05/27/2018

The tasting at Short North Piece of Cake was professional, organized and delicious. Laura did not rush the tasting, is willing to accommodate special requests and answered all our questions. We were presented with the options included and added two specialty flavors. We ultimately chose a combination. The samples were generous and allowed us to see and taste what the guests would receive. The buttercream icing is amazing!

Monika · Married on 05/27/2018

Our wedding cake was so amazing, I wish I could eat it every day. I'm pretty sure my husband still has dreams of that cake too
    Laura worked with us during the tasting, which was one of the most fun parts of wedding planning. She was so kind and helpful, and very knowledgable and professional.
    We only had a small two-tier cake (one layer chocolate, and one layer yellow) with dark chocolate ganache and buttercream frosting. Our colors were black, white, and gold, so we had them so black fondant with gold leaf on one of the corners (we had a square shape cake). We used their gold cake stand as a rental which made the cake look so regal. We also had some sheet cake in order to serve all our guests.
    We had no issues with delivery, and the cake tasted as good on our wedding day (or actually the day after, because we had our venue save it for us) as it did at our tasting.

Short North Piece of Cake 10

Spencer · Married on 04/22/2018

The Short North Piece of Cake is the one and only bakery I considered for my wedding cake! I messaged with the owner and she was so kind and super responsive. The cake tasting was so delicious and their shop adorable. They accommodated my fiance and soon to be step-son in the process and made it so special not to mention their cake is divine! Can't wait to enjoy our cute cake on our big day!

Leda · Married on 01/01/2018

Short North Piece of Cake is ALWAYS a pleasure to work with! I had them make my very own wedding cake 3 years ago when I got married, and now as a Wedding Planner here in Columbus, I always refer my brides to them. I've worked with them multiple times this year, and as usual, it's been fantastic. Their cakes are always delicious AND right on point with the bride's vision, and their team is always easy to work with. Thanks for being so great, guys!

Short North Piece of Cake 11

Eliza · Married on 10/21/2017

Short North Piece of Cake is a dream come true for brides. They are a pleasure to work with, very affordable, and the cake is delicious! They were so patient and accommodating with me as I changed my mind at least 5 times on what I wanted my cake to look like. They took my vision (which was all described through email and pictures) and turned it into a reality! I couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake. It was BEAUTIFUL and enjoyed by all of our guests. I would HIGHLY recommend Short North Piece of Cake. Kendall was so great to work with!

Stefani · Married on 10/21/2017

They were so wonderful to work with! We had our tasting and once that was done I felt comfortable checking the cake details off our long list of things to do. The cake was STUNNING, and not to mention absolutely delicious! Thank you!! XO

Becky · Married on 10/20/2017

Cake was delicious and they were a joy to work with!

Anna · Married on 10/14/2017

I enjoyed my experience with Piece of Cake. My (now) husband and I live out of town, but the shop was able to find a tasting time that fit our busy schedules. We felt their tasting was very generous, and they allow you to add additional specialty cake and icing/filling flavors for a small price. Since we decided to book with them, they gave us all of the extras to take home after the tasting.
    I tend not to care much for cake, but my husband wanted some at our reception. I liked that Piece of Cake had other non-standard flavors (pumpkin!) to choose from. We ended up getting a smaller, 2-tier cake (pumpkin flavor for fall) and then had the rest of our cake made in sheet cakes. We did half pumpkin cake and half a more standard flavor. Piece of Cake was very willing to accommodate this request. Although the cake was smaller, it looked beautiful on the cake table with the cake stand and topper. They have many options for cake stands, but ultimately I found one I loved that I ended up purchasing, and they had no problem using that. I was surprised to learn that the cost for cake was much more affordable than I expected at Piece of Cake.

Donna · Married on 10/09/2017

MY cake was perfect Kendall made it all so easy

Short North Piece of Cake 12

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2017

Short North Piece of Cake was wonderful and easy to work with, they made me us a beautiful cake that was better than I could have expected. The flavors we chose Banana Cake w/ Hazelnut frosting and Spice Cake w/ Cream cheese frosting were delicious. I would highly recommend using them for your wedding!

Flowers on the cake were provided by Rose Bredl Florist.

Short North Piece of Cake 13

Katie · Married on 10/06/2017

Kendall and Short North Piece of Cake made the most awesome cakes for our wedding! Our main cake had three different tier sizes and designs, one being watercolor. The grooms cake was the perfect block-O that any Ohio State Alum and fan would appreciate. Both looked awesome and tasted amazing.

Chelsea · Married on 09/30/2017

Short North Piece of Cake was a pleasure to work with! Being an out of town bride, it was extremely important to me to have vendors who were responsive and easy to work with, and they were just that! I submitted my deposit over the phone and had 1 brief meeting with them when I was in town a couple of months prior to the wedding. Piece of Cake delivered and set up the cake on time and exactly as we discussed! Working with them was a very smooth process, the cake was delicious and the design was beautiful! I would highly recommend working with Piece of Cake and I look forward to working with them again in the future!

Tara · Married on 09/30/2017

Absolutely wonderful people to work with! All of my future cake needs will come from them from now on!

Ali · Married on 09/30/2017

It was exactly how I imagined and everyone loved the flavors!

Maggie · Married on 09/30/2017

Short North POC is THE cake company to use in Columbus! Their cake is delicious, they are SO organized and easy to work with, they have a wonderful selection of flavors/fillings/designs/stands/etc., and their cakes are beautiful. My other vendors were even happy to hear I had Short North as my cake maker... highly recommend!

Short North Piece of Cake 14

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2017

The cake was delicious!!! Thank you so much!

A · Married on 09/23/2017

We had a beautiful and delicious wedding cake designed by Piece of Cake! They were great to work with and were totally willing to collaborate with another bakery (patty cake) to include a gluten free layer in our cake. The staff also collaborated with our vendor behind the scenes and the process was seamless and easy. Thank you Piece of Cake!

Bethany · Married on 09/23/2017

Outstanding wedding cake vendor! Created a beautiful design and fabulous taste. Guests 100% enjoyed!

Samantha · Married on 09/17/2017

Absolutely perfect. They were a dream to work with. The cake was delicious and stunning. Not only am I glad that I decided to have them create our cake, I'm glad that I now have a wonderful little bakery to stop by.

Lindsey · Married on 09/16/2017

I would highly recommend Short North Piece of Cake to anyone! They were so wonderful to work with! The cupcakes were exactly what we wanted and the staff was exceptionally accommodating. We tried a few other vendors for our wedding cupcakes but the flavours didn’t compare to what they offered at Piece of Cake. We will definitely contact them again, or stop by for a little treat!

Kara · Married on 09/11/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Piece of Cake, from our initial tasting to the final delivery and setup on the day of our reception. Everything was perfect, the cake was absolutely delicious, and the people we dealt with were friendly and professional. We highly recommend Piece of Cake and would purchase cakes from them in the future!

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

Short North Piece of Cake made the most beautiful naked cakes for our wedding - one with caramel dripped over the top, the other with chocolate. We also added berries, and the florist added some floral accents. The cakes were incredibly delicious and Short North was wonderful to work with - very responsive, buttoned up with detail, and very friendly. I highly recommend!