Shoal Creek Golf Course Reviews

Shoal Creek Golf Course 3
Shoal Creek Golf Course 4
Shoal Creek Golf Course 5

Michelle · Married on 03/12/2016

It was a pleasure working with Tammy. She went the extra mile to make sure all of our needs and expectation were met. We had an awesome time and so did our guest.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Emily over at Shoal Creek Golf Club is amazing. I would have never been able to plan my wedding while out of town. She always responded to my emails or phone calls. Also, the staff is amazing. They did everything from set up to tear down. They handled puttling the decoration on the table and making sure everything looked perfect for the wedding. I would highly recommend Emily and Shoal Creek Golf Club, it is a steal of a deal!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Anna · Married on 06/09/2012

When selecting a ceremony and reception venue in KC, Shoal Creek quickly became the obvious choice. Emily Piper, the event coordinator, made me feel at ease from the very beginning. Although first impressions are important, what happened the day of the wedding mattered most.

I had left Emily and staff with a vision for what the room was expected to be for the reception, and they went above and beyond. I left all the materials, and even when flowers didn't turn out as expected, they went out of their way to make sure the centerpieces were perfect. I know some pay extra to have a dedicated person on hand to handle all of the details, but it seemed as though Shoal Creek made it a priority as a team to make the wedding as easy as possible. We also had the ceremony onsite with rented arches and chairs -- perfect outdoor ceremony.

Definite recommendation for the Northland. I still have friends that tell us it was one of their favorite weddings. Would do the wedding all over again and then some with Shoal Creek.

Anna

Sent on 06/30/2013
  • Sonya

Sonya · Married on 06/11/2011

When choosing an event space, it was important that we worked with people who understood great customer service. Expecting perfection from any place or person is unrealistic, but expecting that you are treated fairly and respectfully is a must.

The staff at Shoal Creek was not only fair and respectful, but also kind, genuine, professional, and eager to please. Every person we came into contact with did everything in his or her power to make our day special. The people an engaged couple work with can make or break their dream day. Emily Hull and her staff are an absolute dream to work with.

The location was absolutely beautiful! The ballroom, although beautiful on its own, is completely transformable. We had enchanted forest decor and the venue worked extremely well with our vision. However, the best thing about the ballroom is its innate beauty. You don't have to have an enchanted forest to have a beautiful backdrop to your dream day.

The food was delicious! If you want food that your guests will actually enjoy and that won't break the bank, choose Shoal Creek! The Shrimp purse appetizers are to die for! An engaged couple really gets their money's worth when food and beverage is concerned. A must for anyone on a budget, for sure.

Sonya Dunham

Sent on 08/15/2011

kimberley · Married on 09/18/2010

I have never planned a event and had the service that we received with Shoal Creek. I have planned serveral events with my job and planning my wedding could have been the most stressfull event ever but the corroperation and help from everyone on the staff with Shoal Creek was amazing

thanks so much

Sent on 11/01/2010

kimberley · Married on 09/18/2010

this was the most amazing eperenice every and I thank them so much for helping us have the best day ever. The weather didn't coperate with us that day but the staff helped us overcome that and still have the wedding of our dreams

Sent on 11/05/2010

Ashley · Married on 07/10/2010

The overall service of this place is amazeing! Emily, was always willing to make my schedule work with hers and provided great ideas on how to decorate the ballroom to make it our own special place to celebrate the biggest day of our lives. Planning on a budget was not an issue, here I was given a ton of options and was able to design my own menu. Not to mention there's no hidden costs! Evertything you would need from linens, tables and chairs to food and beverages; along with some accent decor is available and included in the price. The beautiful landscape made for unbelievable photos as well. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this place and their staff, it's the total package.

Sent on 10/28/2010
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 11/07/2009

Shoal Creek Golf Course is an amazing location for a reception and/or wedding service. The staff were wonderful to work with and went above and beyond to ensure everything at our wedding reception was perfect. The food provided by in house food/bev staff was exceptional and complimented by my guests. I would definitely book there again!

Sent on 12/10/2009

Carole · Married on 06/26/2010

The Venues was perfect and beautiful decorated, the staff very attentive to the guests and the Event planner, Emily Hull was amazing. She was quick to reply with any questions and concerns, helped us stay on budget and above all very patient. Everything turned out better than I expected.

Also, all the guests' comments were very positive.

Carole DeSimone

Sent on 10/28/2010

Very pretty and scenic. Price was good and the food was great. The staff was awesome to work with. The bar was fun and the patio was nice to go relax and drink at.

Sent on 02/11/2014