Shirock Photography Reviews

24 | San Diego, CA

24 Reviews for Shirock Photography

Brian · Married on 04/22/2017

Duane & Sarah are amazing! They shot our engagement pictures in a beautiful location in Malibu that they had recommended. And they also captured our wedding at a winery in Temecula in April. During both shoots they were very professional, had a great eye for spectacular shots, and made it an enjoyable experience! Fun to work with & great people to have along with us on our wedding day!

Nick · Married on 10/17/2015

OMG we are obsessed with Sarah and Duane. We want to be their friends forever. Not only are they handsome/beautiful, sweet, and a blast to work with...they are wildly talented!!! They made everything so easy and fun for us. We had an absolutely lovely time getting to know them as people and professionals. We couldn't be happier....our photos are GORGEOUS and we will always look back at those fabulous memories with such joy. You really should hire them. Thanks S&D!!!

Meghan · Married on 04/11/2015

Shirock Photography is hands down the best! No need to search any longer…they are the photographers you want! Sarah and Duane truly care about getting to know you as a couple. We met them for drinks soon after contacting them about our interest in their services. From the moment we met them, my husband and I felt like we’d been friends with them for a long time. This was hugely important to us, as wedding photographers spend your entire wedding day with you. We wanted photographers who we felt like we connected with and who would be cool to hangout with throughout the day. We knew immediately that Sarah and Duane were the photographers we wanted to capture each moment of our wedding day.

Both Duane and Sarah were awesome about keeping in contact with us leading up to and after our wedding day. With the chaos of planning a wedding, it was really nice to have Duane contact us with reminders and just to check in. Within days after our wedding, Sarah sent us a sneak peek of some of the amazing shots they took. We were so excited to see some of our wedding photos so quickly after our wedding day.

Sarah and Duane are so incredibly talented! I had never seen such beautiful wedding photos. They captured every emotion that was felt that day and highlighted the beauty of our venue. We love our album, as well as every print we ordered. The memories of our wedding day will be up in our home forever.

My husband and I would recommend Shirock Photography without hesitation! Their work is amazing, they were professional throughout the entire process, and Sarah and Duane are just all around awesome people who you would want to be a part of your wedding day!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 03/20/2015

Shirock Photography captured every magical moment that day. If you can’t tell from my profile alone you should check out the photos on the blog… insane!: http://shirockphotography.com/blog/ Sarah and Duane are a husband and wife team who understand the importance of lasting memories and make you feel super relaxed and comfortable while catching tender moments between you and your spouse or family members. They are super professional while keeping you laughing to catch the important candid moments. Sarah also does private boudoir photo shoots if you’re looking for an idea of a gift to give your soon to be husband. ;)

Sent on 03/30/2015

Shirock Photography's reply:

thank you so much!!! Most amazing couple and venue :) xo

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2014

I really loved Shirock photography, we both met Duane and Sarah at the bridal bazaar and really loved their work. So we did our engagement shoot and loved their responsiveness. We also did our wedding, and it was the best experience. I was really stressed out that day, but i knew that photography was in their hands. Sarah and Duane show their love and passion in what they do, and my husband and I really loved their work, i continue to get comments in who did our photos and its pure amazing!

Kelly · Married on 08/17/2013

Sarah and Duane are wonderful photographers and I couldn't be happier with my wedding photos. They have such an amazing, unique eye for capturing beautiful photos, and are always thinking of the best shot, the best lighting, and the best pose. They were always responsive to any questions I had and the turnaround time in getting back our photos was awesome! I love the photo album they made and appreciate all of the time and effort they put into capturing one of the best days of my life. I would highly recommend them to any bride looking for great people who produce stellar work.

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2012

Sarah & Duane are just incredible! I am so glad we were lucky enough to work with them!

We found Shirock Photography at one of the wedding showcases in San Diego. Their work really stood apart from everyone else, and after finding they still had our date available we quickly set up a consultation at their studio to discuss our vision and see more examples of their work. First, it wasn’t really like a consultation at all. It was very laid back, and we felt like we were just catching up with friends. They really took the time to get to know us instead of jumping right into business. We felt comfortable with them from the start, and that alone made us feel excited to work with them. Second, their style was exactly what we were looking for- a little eclectic, a little edgy, artistic, sharp, and clean. We were having our wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel so we needed to have a photography team unafraid to work with bold colors and a modern setting.

They covered both our engagement session and wedding. Both turned out amazing! The quality of their work is outstanding, and as we expected, they were so much fun to work with! Even our family and friends commented on how great they were! My husband and I are 100% convinced we could not have found anyone better. Our collection of photos tells such a great story, and from the experience to the final product- we are so glad everything turned out exactly as we’d hoped to remember.

I felt at ease knowing that Sarah and Duane were taking our wedding photos. They are so easy going and helpful that this was one part of the wedding planning and wedding that I knew would go smoothly and would not need to worry about. They are easy to get a long with and have great suggestions. The photos are amazing. I will be staring at these still in 50 years saying how wonderful the day was because they knew just how to capture it.

Shaunna · Married on 06/16/2012

WOW! Duane and Sarah are such amazing people and are incredibly talented photographers. We were lucky enough to have them shoot both our engagement pictures as well as our wedding. Part one of our engagement pictures took place on a pier in San Diego as my fiance returned home from an 8 month deployment. The pictures that they captured on that special day still bring my family to tears! It was an amazing experience that was only made possible by these two people! Then for our wedding, they flew up to Portland, OR and scoped everything out before the big day. This made our day go so smooth and we were able to get INCREDIBLE pictures in a short amount of time. I have not only received compliments about our photos, but also about how nice and professional Duane and Sarah were. Jordan and I are so happy with our pictures and will treasure them for forever! We plan on staying friends with these two for years to come! :)

Marc · Married on 05/13/2012

Shirock Photography is hands down the best in the business. The rating system above does not do them justice. I would give Sarah and Duane an infinite number of stars for each category and then some. Sarah has a gift for photography that allows her to create perfection in her pictures. She is a natural talent and is able to invoke beauty into each shot she takes. Duane is a natural creator and has a vision to capture a shot in the most obscure of places. They are a perfect team and combine their talents to "blow your mind" with each shot that they take.
    My wife and I used them for our engagement pictures and also for our wedding pictures. I will continue to use them for family pictures and any other event that may come about that I will need a photographer to capture that moment in time. Our engagement session was shot over a day in San Clemente and we love how much emotion, intimacy, love and affection they were able to showcase with brilliant color and creative, natural background and poses. Our friends and family were so blown away by the engagement pics that they could hardly wait to meet Duane and Sarah at our wedding to see who were the creators behind our amazing pictures! Of course, the wedding pictures were more of the same. Their genius is drawn from their creativity, teamwork, and a natural vision that just cannot be learned in their industry.
    I cannot recommend Shirock Photography enough! Sarah and Duane are absolute rockstars and will deliver a product that cannot be matched by anyone else with a camera. Sarah is one of the hardest working, sincerest, and dedicated person to her craft that I know. She truly loves what she is doing and it shows in her enthusiasm and the end product that she is creating. She is meticulous and a perfectionist and wants to make sure that she creates the right shot to capture the perfect moment for you to cherish forever. Duane is genuine, absurdly creative, and able to compliment Sarah's work perfectly. PERFECTION!!!

Trisha · Married on 03/24/2012

Shirock Photography captured every detail of our amazing wedding day. We setup pre-wedding meetings so that they could understand exactly what my husband and I wanted. They gave us exactly what we wanted. We had a unique wedding in that our ceremony and reception were in two different locations and our reception was on a military base. Shirock executed flawlessly, managing to capture every angle, every location, and all of our partying guests! THANK YOU Shirock for making our wedding day on that we will remember forever thanks to your amazing photographs!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/12/2011

We hired Shirock Photography upon receiving glowing reports from friends. We absolutely couldn't have been happier with their work. I'm positive that the wedding wasn't as beautiful as the photos revealed! They worked flawlessly in a rain storm that hit San Diego County on Nov. 12, 2011. The pictures are stunning. I think I love indoor pictures more than outdoor -as the lighting can be played with in so many ways. Duane and Sarah moved furniture and plants all over the lobby of the Rancho Bernardo Inn to capture the most charming photo arrangements.

Nick · Married on 10/09/2011

Working with Shirock Photography was a great experience for my Wife and I. Having both Sarah and Duane snapping away really allowed them to capture everything that was going on. They were incredibly friendly, fun and very creative. They also welcomed our ideas and worked closely with us to ensure we new exactly what we were gettting. Our wedding photos turned out amazing!! Thanks so much to the Shirock Team!

Jenelle · Married on 06/18/2011

Sarah & Duane shot my wedding on June 18th, 2011, and did a fantastic job. Sarah was on top of all communication preparing for the wedding day shoot. They both did a great job the day of the wedding, they made a point to capture the entire day and had fun while doing it. I would highly recommend both Sarah & Duane!!!

Sherri · Married on 05/14/2011

Every Bride-To-Be (or anyone planning a wedding) knows that finding the PERFECT vendors can be hard and frustrating. The first few months of my wedding planning were spent going to just about every Bridal/Wedding expo in Southern California. I found Shirock Photography at the Pechanga Casino Expo in Temecula. After sorting through all of the photographers, I checked out their websites and set up all my appointments to meet with them. I met with a lot of really good photographers but after a while, every photographer’s pictures stated to look the same. No one’s pictures stood out. And some of their prices were way over our budget. Sarah Shirock happened to be the last photographer that I met with. And unlike many of the other photographers, she drove near to where I lived. When I first sat down with Sarah she made me feel comfortable, like I was meeting with a friend. I didn’t feel like it was a business transaction where we got right into pictures and pricing. She wanted to get to know me, my fiancé and about our wedding. She brought many books for me to look at, and her pictures defiantly stood out! She didn’t have to do much selling because her pictures sold themselves. And she customized a package for us based on the length of time we wanted her at the wedding and the other items we wanted included. Her and her husband worked as a team and were very, very polite and presentable. Even our family and friends complimented us on having such nice photographers. Sarah and her husband were able to catch every special moment, whether it be a person laughing in the crowd, to a crazy move on the dance floor, to the special moments of us walking down the aisle. Not only did we take the traditional pictures of the bridal party and family, but we also took some fun pictures. Sarah was able to make an untraditional back-drop, look like it was planned and tailored just for us. With her eye for creative angles and the use of different lenses, she was able to make an empty bridge, a beautiful spot for my bridal party and I. She used the empty field, located next to our venue, as the most amazing back-drop to our most favorite pictures. Sarah and her team got our pictures to us earlier than planned and we couldn’t be happier. Shirock Photography went above and beyond in helping us capture our special day.

LAUREN · Married on 08/14/2010

We love...love....LOVED them!!!! It was so hard to choose between our photos for our aalbum because we had so many that we were in love with. I am so fortunate that that I met them at a Bridal Event. Sarah and Dwayne are amazing!!!

• O

Ofelia · Married on 05/30/2010

Sarah has been extremely knowledgeable in getting the wedding photography needs for my daughter's wedding.
    Thanks so much.

Cheryl · Married on 05/01/2010

Sarah & Duane did an awesome job on our wedding and engagement pics! We immediately fell in love with their shooting style and personalities. Our photos were exactly what we hoped for and much much more. They were both a ton of fun to work with and we expect them to shoot all of our future milestones. Love them!

Alli · Married on 01/10/2010

There are not enough good things to say about Shirock Photography. The dynamic between Duane and Sarah is the perfect mix of professionalism and fun. They aren't just there to take your pictures, they help the day move along smoothly-- help people in their places, keep track of the way the ceremony is supposed to move along-- it was like having another coordinator! They were so helpful and efficient in setting up the perfect shot, from the light shining on us the perfect way, to where to put our hands! I usually don't like having my picture taken, but they made it so easy! We have hundreds of pictures to choose from that are absolute perfection. Not only did they make my wedding day better than I ever could have imagined, I GOT THE PICTURES IMMEDIATELY! I have heard of some photographers taking months to get the pictures to the couple, we got ours RIGHT AWAY. They have been so helpful helping us pick options for albums and canvas prints long after the wedding. That said, I can not recommend Shirock Photography highly enough. They are more than just photographers, and I guarantee you they will be your lifelong friends after spending your special day with them ;)
    -Alli W.
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wedding: Fallbrook, CA

jonathan · Married on 11/07/2009

sarah and duane are amazing...they were very accommodating and worked with us to give us exactly what we were looking for. they were extremely professional and the turn around on the finished photos was incredibly fast! and the images were beyond amazing!!!

Krista · Married on 08/08/2009

Sarah was absolutely amazing and managed to capture the whole feel and vibe of the day and have that translate into the photos. My husband and I couldn't have been happier with the photography and the service!

Michele · Married on 08/30/2008

We used Shirock Photography 2 years ago and have since reccomended them to friends who have also used them and been very happy.

Erin · Married on 08/03/2013

Duane and Sarah were so great to work with! Their easy-going, fun style was exactly what we wanted on our wedding day. The larger group photos were good, but the photos of just the two of us (bride & groom) were definitely the best - we ended up with some really astonishing shots!
    Also, they went out of their way to make it work to be at our wedding. We were so appreciative. They're awesome!

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2012

I was blown away by Shirock Photography's coverage of my wedding! I had a boudoir shoot with Sarah before the wedding and the photos just came out stunning, I was so comfortable and it was a wonderful experience. The wedding images capture the day perfectly in a artsy photojournalistic manner that has blown everyone who has seen them's socks off. They are incredibly professional, kind, and talented individuals. I am so happy they could fit our big day in!!!!