Shine Tina Makeup & Hair Reviews

91 | Hanover, MD

91 Reviews for Shine Tina Makeup & Hair

Sarah · Married on 04/10/2016

Such a meticulous and professional artist. Tina is very interested in what the bride wants and executes the bride’s wishes flawlessly, adding her magical touches. She did just that for me on my wedding day and for many of my friends. I especially liked that she was flexible and accommodating, yet she knew from her experience what looked best for me.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Katie · Married on 12/19/2015

Best experience on the best day! :) She definitely knows what she’s doing. I really liked my make up and hair! Recommend!

Sent on 12/12/2017

I found Tina through a friend on Facebook who recently received services for her wedding. I sent Tina a private message and within minutes, received a response. From then forth, she was of so much help. She was there to answer my questions, concerns, etc. throughout the day, regardless of the time.Like many brides, I sent Tina mass amounts of emails with every bit of worry but, she was so gracious in responding in a timely manner. On the day of the wedding, she was earlier than anticipated. (which was for the better because we were running a little behind) I was the most beautiful bride!! I couldn't have asked for a better hair and makeup artist. My mother looked so beautiful with her hair and makeup with Tina's touch. My sister-in-law also looked stunning with her hair and makeup done by Tina. My husband and brother also got final touches by Tina which gave them the perfect look. All in all, our wedding was magical and it was due to the day starting with such great vibes in getting ready!!! I would definitely refer Tina to other friends and family who are looking for an artist for their special day. (or even for special events/parties)

Sent on 01/29/2016

Julie · Married on 07/18/2015

Tina was amazing! I am writing this review a year after my wedding and I still keep in touch with her. I recommended her to every bride I knew because all my family members (including my parents in law) were very satisfied by her service. She made my very special day even more special. We decided on the styles of makeup and hair together; she sent me numerous pictures of makeup/hair styles so I have many choices to choose from. She was very good at giving me feedbacks and worked with me until I was fully satisfied by the "look" on my special day. You won't regret having her as your make up and hair stylist on your unforgettable big day!! :)

Sent on 08/04/2016

Tina was the makeup artist for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother on my wedding day. She is meticulous and has an eye for designing the best look for each person based on their features. She is easy to get along with and was quick to respond when I wanted to bounce ideas off of her. Tina is highly organized, arrived early the morning of, and finished right on time, which allowed me to relax and not stress about makeup as the bride. I loved working with Tina and highly recommend her to anyone who wants to look and feel beautiful on their wedding day!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Jenni · Married on 12/29/2013

Tina took care of me for many of my special occasions. Engagement and wedding makeup and hair could not have been any better. During my consultation, I had told her that I am not very picky in regards to the style and would like to get her opinion as a professional. She took a look at my engagement wardrobe and wedding dress, she recommended a look and proceeded with the trial. It was perfect! The makeup made me look so pretty and special but looked natural. The pictures are the proof of her wonderful work. She also took care of making my mom look beautiful on my wedding day. Everyone gave so many compliments to her. Tina is very professional, responsive, prepared, and flexible in the way she works with her clients. I highly recommend Tina to those brides who are planning their wedding.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Tina did an amazing job for my hair and makeup! To begin with, she managed to fit me into her busy schedule and everything worked out perfectly. I was impressed by how many notes she took during my trial session, and I loved the look she designed for me. On the day of the wedding, Tina improvised beyond her notes and added additional stuff which I loved so much! Needless to say, I got a lot of compliments from the guests :) I highly recommend Tina for her professionalism and talents!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Helena · Married on 08/11/2018

Tina did hair and make up for the bride, the groom, and the two mothers, and everyone was satisfied with her work! She is really good at combining your specific requests and her own professional visions. Plus, the long sitting is never boring with her :) I would choose Tina as my makeup/hair artist all over again!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/28/2016

I'm so happy that Tina did my wedding makeup for the big day. She is very accommodating to your taste/style, and does a great job at bringing together your natural beauty with bridal makeup that'll stand the test of time and photography! I also had 4 bridesmaids and 3 Korean mothers that also had their hair and makeup done by Tina; all of them had different opinions and styles that they wanted...Tina was able to please them all. Her personality is very friendly, calming, and she is a great listener to your wants/needs! I never waited more than 24 hours to get an email back from her. Tina even built in some "cushion time" into our busy schedule so that we never felt rushed. A true pro and natural talent with all of your beauty needs!!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Erika · Married on 12/31/2015

If youre looking for a hair and make up artist for your wedding look no further! Tina is the best! She is professional, very easy to communicate with, and extremely talented. She was easily one of my favorite vendors. I received so many compliments on my hair and make up on my wedding day.

Sent on 03/21/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/08/2020

Very professional and Talented!

Tina was very professional and is super talented! I got the exact look I was looking for (for both my wedding and engagement)! She was very accommodating and made sure all the make up tools and the make up area were sanitized and clean. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/01/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/03/2019

Best makeup artist I've ever seen

Tina understands the anatomy of the Asian face, so her makeup techniques really brought out my features. My result was natural and glowing. I got so many compliments on both my makeup and hair! She is definitely talented.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 05/11/2019

Talented and professional, both hair and makeup

Tina is the best make up artist you will find in DMV area. I didn't have a chance to do trial before my wedding day so I met her and got my make up and hair done for the first time on the day of. It was perfect!!! I loved everything little thing she did on my face and hair. She also did for my husband, two moms and my bridesmaids and they all loved it!!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Ketty

Ketty C. · Married on 05/04/2019

She made me feel beautiful!

Tina was wonderful to work with - she was very quick with addressing any questions and worries I had about my look for the wedding day. She is very detail-oriented and gifted with what she does so she can tailor to any type or state of skin and help the bride feel confident. Timewise, she is professional and will complete all services according to the allotted time. I only wish I was able to get one last minute overlook/skim squeezed in (I was the bride) before I had to leave the room (it was difficult because the moms were having their services completed). I say this because I wasn't sure how much my hair had shifted while I was getting ready and the bun felt a little looser. But other than that, she was amazing.
    Other details: I paid for my entire bridal party (6) plus the two moms.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Barbara

Barbara W. · Married on 09/08/2018

Detailed and Knowledgeable! Great for Asian brides!

Tina is a talented make up artist who is very detailed and knows how to make you look your best on your wedding day. She knows what's best for you and "just does it" for you. This was incredibly important for me, someone who isn't very knowledgeable about make up or hair.

Tina was able to guide me through the best "pre-wedding" skin preparation based on our trial and was extremely patient as we went through all of the touch ups and hair variations. I not only looked beautiful for my wedding day, but also learned a lot! She has a beautiful clean studio in her home and is super easy to work with. I got a lot of compliments on my wedding day from people who ARE very knowledgeable about make up and hair.

Tina is also one to "roll with the punches" for wedding day chaos and was very nice to hang around a little bit to pin on my vail. On my wedding day, we had 30-40 MPH winds and we took some photos outside and my cathedral length veil NEVER slipped out of my hair. It was amazing.

Thanks Tina!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Cathy · Married on 08/31/2019

Perfectionist Makeup Artist

Tina was my makeup artist for my wedding and she did an amazing job. I had makeup trials with Tina and another makeup artist who charged less than Tina. Tina was 5 times better than the other makeup artist so I had to go with her. From my research, she is on the higher end in terms of price, but she is definitely worth it! My makeup looked perfect and I looked like a photoshopped version of myself. Even my friend who was a bridesmaid and is pretty picky when it comes to makeup, was extremely happy with Tina's work. It's your wedding day, you need to look and feel the most beautiful. With Tina, you will look stunning!

Sent on 10/16/2019