Shine Tina Makeup & Hair Reviews

77 | Odenton, MD

77 Reviews for Shine Tina Makeup & Hair

Angela · Married on 04/22/2017

Tina was very professional and friendly! She and her staff did an excellent job on individualizing each one of our make up with our own unique style. She was very responsive in her e-mails and very thorough in a very timely and friendly manner. On the day of, she and her staff was incredibly punctual and flexible. I would recommend Tina to anyone who is looking for their make up and hair done on any special occasion or even a night out :). Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Michelle · Married on 03/25/2017

Tina is so talented and professional. I really appreciated her responsiveness (whether via text or email), thorough contract, timeliness, and awareness of her clients. I know very little about makeup but somehow Tina understood what I wanted and I was so happy with my look! And those of my bridesmaids! I was so impressed with her talent at tailoring her work to my face and what I wanted. She also was great at timing her work the morning of the wedding and knowing what looks best in front of a camera. I'm in love with my wedding photos and so happy Tina was available to help us look so beautiful!

Sent on 04/30/2017
  • Y

Yunhee · Married on 03/25/2017

I really enjoyed working with Tina. You have to have a person who you can trust to style your look for that very special day and Tina is the one!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Jun · Married on 01/07/2017

Tina did the makeup & hair for my wedding. She was great and I absolutely recommend her. My both parents and wife love that Tina's done beautiful style. Our hair and makeup lasted the entire day. Also, she finished on time for 6 people. She is great makeup artist. I recommend.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Anh · Married on 12/17/2016

I would give Tina 100 ⭐️. Love her natural makeup and fresh look on my face. Perfect for
    My wedding day

Sent on 12/11/2017

Emily · Married on 10/23/2016

I am so happy that I booked Tina for my wedding day make up and hair. I rarely wear makeup, so it was really important for me to have a natural look for my wedding. Tina has a very meticulous work ethic. She spent almost three hours just at my trial making sure everything was perfect. If a color didn't look quite right, she would make adjustments until she and I were satisfied. Tina took very detailed notes on all the products she used (and sent me a copy)! She followed the schedule stated on our contract to the minute. She finished all of my bridesmaids' hair and my make up and hair right on schedule. I recommend Tina highly. She make me feel beautiful and pampered at this once in a lifetime event!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

Tina did such an incredible job on my hair for my wedding day! Because my cousin was planning to do my make-up, I needed someone to do my hair for my wedding. My MOH received a recommendation for me to reach out to Tina from one of her friends who was recently married. I procrastinated until just a few months before the wedding but Tina was able to work with me and still schedule a hair trial with the short notice that I gave her. She contacted me immediately after I sent an inquiry asking if she was available and was always very quick to respond, professional, and friendly. She also did the hair for most of my bridesmaids and my mom, and they all were very happy with their hair. She showed up on time the day of (which was suuuuper early) and she was able to stick to our schedule. I want to say thank you so much to Tina for doing such an incredible job on my wedding day hair.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Theresa · Married on 09/25/2016

Tina was great to work with. I really appreciated how quickly she responded to my emails and how flexible and accommodating she was. I was so happy with how my makeup turned out, and especially my hair.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/17/2016

The best bridal makeup artist you could ask for. Very talented, professional, and responsive. On the day of, she did everything perfectly as I asked for.. indeed, it was beyond expected! I would totally recommend her to anyone who wants to be the most beautiful bride.

Arum · Married on 09/03/2016

Excellent quality of service; she listens to her clients rather than keeping her own style; very professional on timing and scheduling; how can I complain because it seemed like she can read my mind that is hard to express in words.. Just like a magic!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Sara · Married on 06/11/2016

Tina was great! She and her assistant arrived at the hotel promptly, took her time but was supper efficient and she actually got us ready ahead of schedule. We had a mixed race wedding party (Asian & Caucasian), but she understood what looked good on everyone and made sure everyone looked great and happy.

Sent on 08/03/2016
  • User5196806 · 2+ years ago

Tina was my amazing make-up and hair stylist for our wedding day. She listened to all of my asks and then also provided her professional feedback on what would look best. Tina has a great eye and seems to be able to conform to any style that the bride wants and brings out the best features! I even had another to-be bride ask about my makeup after the wedding. She's also very organized and comes fully prepared with everything needed. I was concerned about running late as I've seen in some weddings but everything ran smoothly and on time so there was nothing to worry about! I would recommend Tina to any future brides or anyone needing a stylist for a special event! I can't thank her enough for helping on our special day!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/10/2016

Such a meticulous and professional artist. Tina is very interested in what the bride wants and executes the bride’s wishes flawlessly, adding her magical touches. She did just that for me on my wedding day and for many of my friends. I especially liked that she was flexible and accommodating, yet she knew from her experience what looked best for me.

Katie · Married on 12/19/2015

Best experience on the best day! :) She definitely knows what she’s doing. I really liked my make up and hair! Recommend!

Sent on 12/12/2017

I found Tina through a friend on Facebook who recently received services for her wedding. I sent Tina a private message and within minutes, received a response. From then forth, she was of so much help. She was there to answer my questions, concerns, etc. throughout the day, regardless of the time.Like many brides, I sent Tina mass amounts of emails with every bit of worry but, she was so gracious in responding in a timely manner. On the day of the wedding, she was earlier than anticipated. (which was for the better because we were running a little behind) I was the most beautiful bride!! I couldn't have asked for a better hair and makeup artist. My mother looked so beautiful with her hair and makeup with Tina's touch. My sister-in-law also looked stunning with her hair and makeup done by Tina. My husband and brother also got final touches by Tina which gave them the perfect look. All in all, our wedding was magical and it was due to the day starting with such great vibes in getting ready!!! I would definitely refer Tina to other friends and family who are looking for an artist for their special day. (or even for special events/parties)

Sent on 01/29/2016

Julie · Married on 07/18/2015

Tina was amazing! I am writing this review a year after my wedding and I still keep in touch with her. I recommended her to every bride I knew because all my family members (including my parents in law) were very satisfied by her service. She made my very special day even more special. We decided on the styles of makeup and hair together; she sent me numerous pictures of makeup/hair styles so I have many choices to choose from. She was very good at giving me feedbacks and worked with me until I was fully satisfied by the "look" on my special day. You won't regret having her as your make up and hair stylist on your unforgettable big day!! :)

Sent on 08/04/2016

Tina was the makeup artist for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother on my wedding day. She is meticulous and has an eye for designing the best look for each person based on their features. She is easy to get along with and was quick to respond when I wanted to bounce ideas off of her. Tina is highly organized, arrived early the morning of, and finished right on time, which allowed me to relax and not stress about makeup as the bride. I loved working with Tina and highly recommend her to anyone who wants to look and feel beautiful on their wedding day!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Jenni · Married on 12/29/2013

Tina took care of me for many of my special occasions. Engagement and wedding makeup and hair could not have been any better. During my consultation, I had told her that I am not very picky in regards to the style and would like to get her opinion as a professional. She took a look at my engagement wardrobe and wedding dress, she recommended a look and proceeded with the trial. It was perfect! The makeup made me look so pretty and special but looked natural. The pictures are the proof of her wonderful work. She also took care of making my mom look beautiful on my wedding day. Everyone gave so many compliments to her. Tina is very professional, responsive, prepared, and flexible in the way she works with her clients. I highly recommend Tina to those brides who are planning their wedding.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Tina did an amazing job for my hair and makeup! To begin with, she managed to fit me into her busy schedule and everything worked out perfectly. I was impressed by how many notes she took during my trial session, and I loved the look she designed for me. On the day of the wedding, Tina improvised beyond her notes and added additional stuff which I loved so much! Needless to say, I got a lot of compliments from the guests :) I highly recommend Tina for her professionalism and talents!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Helena · Married on 08/11/2018

Tina did hair and make up for the bride, the groom, and the two mothers, and everyone was satisfied with her work! She is really good at combining your specific requests and her own professional visions. Plus, the long sitting is never boring with her :) I would choose Tina as my makeup/hair artist all over again!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/28/2016

I'm so happy that Tina did my wedding makeup for the big day. She is very accommodating to your taste/style, and does a great job at bringing together your natural beauty with bridal makeup that'll stand the test of time and photography! I also had 4 bridesmaids and 3 Korean mothers that also had their hair and makeup done by Tina; all of them had different opinions and styles that they wanted...Tina was able to please them all. Her personality is very friendly, calming, and she is a great listener to your wants/needs! I never waited more than 24 hours to get an email back from her. Tina even built in some "cushion time" into our busy schedule so that we never felt rushed. A true pro and natural talent with all of your beauty needs!!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Erika · Married on 12/31/2015

If youre looking for a hair and make up artist for your wedding look no further! Tina is the best! She is professional, very easy to communicate with, and extremely talented. She was easily one of my favorite vendors. I received so many compliments on my hair and make up on my wedding day.

Sent on 03/21/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/03/2019

Best makeup artist I've ever seen

Tina understands the anatomy of the Asian face, so her makeup techniques really brought out my features. My result was natural and glowing. I got so many compliments on both my makeup and hair! She is definitely talented.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 05/11/2019

Talented and professional, both hair and makeup

Tina is the best make up artist you will find in DMV area. I didn't have a chance to do trial before my wedding day so I met her and got my make up and hair done for the first time on the day of. It was perfect!!! I loved everything little thing she did on my face and hair. She also did for my husband, two moms and my bridesmaids and they all loved it!!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Ketty

Ketty Cho · Married on 05/04/2019

She made me feel beautiful!

Tina was wonderful to work with - she was very quick with addressing any questions and worries I had about my look for the wedding day. She is very detail-oriented and gifted with what she does so she can tailor to any type or state of skin and help the bride feel confident. Timewise, she is professional and will complete all services according to the allotted time. I only wish I was able to get one last minute overlook/skim squeezed in (I was the bride) before I had to leave the room (it was difficult because the moms were having their services completed). I say this because I wasn't sure how much my hair had shifted while I was getting ready and the bun felt a little looser. But other than that, she was amazing.
    Other details: I paid for my entire bridal party (6) plus the two moms.

Sent on 06/27/2019