Shine Tina Makeup & Hair Reviews

91 | Hanover, MD

91 Reviews for Shine Tina Makeup & Hair

Hyesun · Married on 03/10/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Tina and I’m so glad that I found the “right” choice for my wedding makeup and hair style. I did a trial and love my makeup and hair, so I was not hesitated to choose her for my big day. The best part of Tina was that she was able to adjust my hair, matching it perfectly to my look. Also, she is revery responsive and answered every wedding or styling questions I had. She was very professional and made me look great and feel beautiful about my self. Also she did makeup and hair on my mom, mother-in-law, hubby — they really loved their styles and people even asked where we did on our wedding day. We all were very happy that we chose Tina and I would definitely recommend people who are looking for best look for their big day!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Kate · Married on 01/13/2018

So many friends and acquaintances have used Tina, so it was a no brainer to ask her to do my wedding makeup & hair. She was super quick in responding through email, Tina was easygoing, and the makeup was natural yet I've never felt so glam before!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Sooin · Married on 12/30/2017

Tina was awesome! She was really helpful and professional during my trial session. She arrived bright and early on the day of my wedding and my hair and makeup turned out better than my trial session! She matched my skin tone perfectly and my makeup stayed on the whole day without any touch up. Really glad I got to work with her for my wedding!!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Soo · Married on 11/11/2017

TINA IS AWESOME!! Tina did my makeup and hair for my wedding along with my husband, my mother, mother in law, and sister in law. I had a trial session few months before the wedding and during this time, she did not stop after the makeup was finished but tried different products to see what looked better. She was VERY responsive to my emails and when I needed to change the times around, she was very fast at sending me the new timeline and asking me if the new timeline was better for my schedule. She has a great personality and is very caring! I will definitely be booking with her when I have big events in the future! You will NOT be disappointed what so ever.

Huong · Married on 11/04/2017

I have lurked around weddingwire for months while
    planning my wedding but never signed up. Now my wedding is over but I decide to create an account just to let everyone know how great Tina is!!! I have Tina for two pre-wedidng/engagement photoshoots and for my wedding day. I got tons of compliments for my pretty but natural look on my wedding day and in all photos. Tina puts so much effort on her work. We discussed a lot about the hairstyles and makeup styles I wanted. My hair was quite short for a classic updo but she knew I liked it and she still managed to get it done beautifully <3. She took pictures each time she did makeup for me to review “her work”, and she also looked at prewedding pictures my photographer takes to see how she could improve next time. Choose Tina for your wedding and I’m sure no one can go wrong with her!

Sent on 12/23/2017
  • Y

Yoomi · Married on 10/28/2017

It wasn’t so much hard to find my wedding make up artist because I fortunately met Tina at the very first time when I started to find. I had a trial makeup and I loved it so I decided to contract with her. I think she is so talented and I was so pleased what she did on my wedding. I guarantee that you will be so satisfied if you choose her :)

Sent on 11/29/2017

Janet · Married on 10/22/2017

She is ABSOLUTELY BEYOND AMAZING.
    I had really hard time finding the right make-up artist around DC/MD/VA area until I found Tina over the internet. After visiting her personal website and stocking her Instagram account, I knew she would be the perfect one for my engagement photos and wedding photos. She is truth worthy, confident, flexible, and loves what she is doing. First time when I met her for the trial out, I was amazed by her technique and I looked flawless!!!!!! Most importantly, I have got so many compliments on my make up on my wedding day and I looked GREAT on my photos!! Please do not hesitate to work with her. You will not regret it!!!!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Christine · Married on 10/21/2017

Loved loved LOVED the way my makeup and hair came out. Tina caters to your preferences and makes sure that you're satisfied with her services. Everyone complimented me on my looks, and I owe it all to Tina! Thank you so much! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Jihyun · Married on 10/07/2017

Tina was SO awesome to work with! She's easygoing, honest, encouraging, very responsive, etc. I did my makeup trial, engagement hair & make as well as my wedding hair and makeup with Tina. She made the entire process so smooth and easy; she was very quick and responsive and she answered every logistic, styling, wedding questions that I had. She was very accommodating to all my requests! I HIGHLY recommend her if you're looking for a hair/make-up artist!!!

Sent on 03/12/2018

V · Married on 06/10/2017

Tina did my wedding hair and makeup, and also did hair/makeup for my mom and sister. She was wonderful to work with. Tina is very responsive (I'm talking about literally 1-2 mins response turnaround...), flexible (my wedding day timeline changed around a lot; my sister added in a makeup session on the day of the wedding...) and, most importantly of all, incredibly, incredibly talented at what she does.

I have never worn makeup in my life and really had no idea what I wanted in terms of a 'wedding look.' I did a trial run with Tina in her home studio and Tina came up with a beautiful, natural look that I loved. On the day of the wedding, Tina was a total professional (came early; brought all of her own supplies and tools) and recreated the look pretty much perfectly. She also came up with really beautiful, elegant looks for my mom and sister (neither of whom had done a trial).

I am so grateful for all that Tina did to make my wedding day so special! She is amazing. I'd recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Julia · Married on 05/27/2017

Shine Tina Makeup & Hair is the best decision I've ever made. She's so talented, professional and sweet. I wanted a natural makeup and up-do hairstyle on the day of my wedding, and she did it exactly how I wanted! It was just beautiful, and I really loved both hair and makeup done by Tina. If you want to make your day special and beautiful, choose Shine Tina Makeup & Hair without hesitation - You will not regret.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Daniel · Married on 05/20/2017

Tina was so responsive and I appreciated her flexibility and hard work! She was so professional and made sure that I was thoroughly satisfied with my makeup and hair. She came all the way to Alexandria, VA from Maryland and worked non-stop from early morning until all of the wedding party looked great. Thanks Tina!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2017

Tina is so awesome!!! I️ was looking to see who can do my hair and makeup for a korean traditional engagement photo shoot and she was absolutely the best! She knew how to make my makeup and hair traditional yet modern. She also did my husbands makeup and hair and he didn’t want to take off his makeup! We were so happy and would recommend her to all of our family and friends!

Angela · Married on 04/22/2017

Tina was very professional and friendly! She and her staff did an excellent job on individualizing each one of our make up with our own unique style. She was very responsive in her e-mails and very thorough in a very timely and friendly manner. On the day of, she and her staff was incredibly punctual and flexible. I would recommend Tina to anyone who is looking for their make up and hair done on any special occasion or even a night out :). Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Michelle · Married on 03/25/2017

Tina is so talented and professional. I really appreciated her responsiveness (whether via text or email), thorough contract, timeliness, and awareness of her clients. I know very little about makeup but somehow Tina understood what I wanted and I was so happy with my look! And those of my bridesmaids! I was so impressed with her talent at tailoring her work to my face and what I wanted. She also was great at timing her work the morning of the wedding and knowing what looks best in front of a camera. I'm in love with my wedding photos and so happy Tina was available to help us look so beautiful!

Sent on 04/30/2017
  • Y

Yunhee · Married on 03/25/2017

I really enjoyed working with Tina. You have to have a person who you can trust to style your look for that very special day and Tina is the one!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Jun · Married on 01/07/2017

Tina did the makeup & hair for my wedding. She was great and I absolutely recommend her. My both parents and wife love that Tina's done beautiful style. Our hair and makeup lasted the entire day. Also, she finished on time for 6 people. She is great makeup artist. I recommend.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Anh · Married on 12/17/2016

I would give Tina 100 ⭐️. Love her natural makeup and fresh look on my face. Perfect for
    My wedding day

Emily · Married on 10/23/2016

I am so happy that I booked Tina for my wedding day make up and hair. I rarely wear makeup, so it was really important for me to have a natural look for my wedding. Tina has a very meticulous work ethic. She spent almost three hours just at my trial making sure everything was perfect. If a color didn't look quite right, she would make adjustments until she and I were satisfied. Tina took very detailed notes on all the products she used (and sent me a copy)! She followed the schedule stated on our contract to the minute. She finished all of my bridesmaids' hair and my make up and hair right on schedule. I recommend Tina highly. She make me feel beautiful and pampered at this once in a lifetime event!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

Tina did such an incredible job on my hair for my wedding day! Because my cousin was planning to do my make-up, I needed someone to do my hair for my wedding. My MOH received a recommendation for me to reach out to Tina from one of her friends who was recently married. I procrastinated until just a few months before the wedding but Tina was able to work with me and still schedule a hair trial with the short notice that I gave her. She contacted me immediately after I sent an inquiry asking if she was available and was always very quick to respond, professional, and friendly. She also did the hair for most of my bridesmaids and my mom, and they all were very happy with their hair. She showed up on time the day of (which was suuuuper early) and she was able to stick to our schedule. I want to say thank you so much to Tina for doing such an incredible job on my wedding day hair.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Theresa · Married on 09/25/2016

Tina was great to work with. I really appreciated how quickly she responded to my emails and how flexible and accommodating she was. I was so happy with how my makeup turned out, and especially my hair.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/17/2016

The best bridal makeup artist you could ask for. Very talented, professional, and responsive. On the day of, she did everything perfectly as I asked for.. indeed, it was beyond expected! I would totally recommend her to anyone who wants to be the most beautiful bride.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Arum · Married on 09/03/2016

Excellent quality of service; she listens to her clients rather than keeping her own style; very professional on timing and scheduling; how can I complain because it seemed like she can read my mind that is hard to express in words.. Just like a magic!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Sara · Married on 06/11/2016

Tina was great! She and her assistant arrived at the hotel promptly, took her time but was supper efficient and she actually got us ready ahead of schedule. We had a mixed race wedding party (Asian & Caucasian), but she understood what looked good on everyone and made sure everyone looked great and happy.

Sent on 08/03/2016
  • User5196806 · 2+ years ago

Tina was my amazing make-up and hair stylist for our wedding day. She listened to all of my asks and then also provided her professional feedback on what would look best. Tina has a great eye and seems to be able to conform to any style that the bride wants and brings out the best features! I even had another to-be bride ask about my makeup after the wedding. She's also very organized and comes fully prepared with everything needed. I was concerned about running late as I've seen in some weddings but everything ran smoothly and on time so there was nothing to worry about! I would recommend Tina to any future brides or anyone needing a stylist for a special event! I can't thank her enough for helping on our special day!

Sent on 05/04/2016