Shine Tina Makeup & Hair Reviews

91 | Hanover, MD

91 Reviews for Shine Tina Makeup & Hair

• Kay

Kay · Married on 04/20/2019

Loved her work. Many times over.

Tina is one of the few wedding vendors that ensured that the entire process was smooth and stress-free. When searching for a makeup artist, I looked for someone 1. who could also do hair, 2. have a modern and classic taste in makeup (timeless and no 90's Miss Korea makeup) and 3. can work with an Asian - Korean - face well.

Tina did my makeup three times and hair twice: my engagement photoshoot (also served as a trial session), my sister's wedding (bridesmaid makeup), and my wedding. And I witnessed the quality of her work five times during the last 12 months: at my engagement photoshoot, at my sister's hanbok photoshoot, my sister's bridal, bridal party, and moms and dads, and my bridal and moms and dads, and at my college friend's wedding.

Tina was communicative, offered many professional - and helpful - opinions when asked, but also was never pushy. She always took my requests regarding the makeup and hair and tried her best to work with the logistics of the wedding (mine was 150 miles away from her studio) when possible. She made people of all ages happy, and our moms were asked several times to share Tina's contact information since my wedding!

I highly and enthusiastically recommend Tina for anyone on her(or his) special day. Have a trial session so she can get to know your face better, but even if you can't, she's still the closest to the perfect makeup/hair stylest you will have for your event. Thank you, Tina, for helping me (and the two other brides) pull through!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Soo K. · Married on 03/09/2019

Could not have hired a better HMUA

I found Tina from a friend who used her for her wedding. I could not have found a better person for our wedding! She did hair and make up for myself, sisters, and both mothers. We were all more than satisfied with her work. And more importantly, my hair and make up looked the same at the end of the night! The only sad part of the day was when I had to take the make up off!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 03/02/2019

Highly recommend!

Tina was great and she made my wedding day even more special with beautiful make up for me and my bridesmaids. She is very professional, was very punctual, and most importantly, is very good at what she does. She is quite popular in this area so make sure to contact her way in advance!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Y

Yewon P. · Married on 02/23/2019

Professional!

I had done makeup and hair by Tina for my wedding and she did amazing job finding the right tone for my skin. I initially wanted to have my makeup done naturally but at the same time good enough for the photo shoots and she was able to do both. I had some complications with schedule and she accommodated professionally (plus she’s always on time!). I highly recommend Tina for wedding makeup/hair!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Kyujoo C. · Married on 01/09/2019

Tina is the absolute BEST!

I am so grateful my friends recommended Tina. I fell in love with Tina's story on her website, and she's even more amazing in person.
    She is the eyebrow guru and color-matching master. She made my mom, my husband's mom and grandma look 20 years younger. Their makeup looked so natural and flawless. She enhanced everyone's beauty while still ensuring they looked like themselves. Everyone's makeup lasted all day and night even on a hot and humid summer day.
    Tina is prompt, honest, punctual, and very professional, yet easy to get along with. She is the perfectionist you need to look your absolute best for your special day.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 12/13/2018

So happy with my wedding day makeup

Tina was such a pleasure to work with. She was very responsive and patient with me even though I changed the headcount multiple times on her. She helped me decide which look would be perfect for me on my wedding day, and she nailed it. I received so many compliments! I would recommend Tina any day.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Anis

Anis · Married on 11/10/2018

Exceeded my expectations

Tina and her team did an absolutely amazing job on my special day. As an Asian person, it was important to me that I found makeup and hairstylists who are experienced with Asian clientele. I LOVED my makeup and my impossible hair was beautifully styled to absolute perfection. My bridesmaids were raving about their makeup and hair as well. THANK YOU, SHINE TINA FOR EVERYTHING!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Sohee

Sohee · Married on 10/28/2018

Easy Communication with Exceptional Service with Details

I've gotten my hair & makeup done from Tina 4 times (my trial, bridesmaid's makeup for my bf's wedding, my engagement photo shoot, and my wedding). All throughout the process, the communication with her was so smooth both on email and in person. At the trial, I told her my wedding theme colors and how I imagined my wedding to be. She listened very well and provided great options that would fit me after observing my face structure and hair. After the trial, we communicated a lot through email. I decided to go for a different hair look instead of the one from the trial and Tina was completely supportive and helped me to prepare for the big day. I even asked her opinion when I was choosing my tiara. I ended up wearing the one that she suggested and It looked PERFECT with my wedding gown. On the wedding day, she created a romantic dusty rose look for me. It looked great with the wedding colors and I received so many compliments from the guests. She also did bridesmaids' makeup and each of their makeup looked so gorgeous yet different. She carefully observed the face features and created looks that were specifically catered for each of us. Tina definitely helped my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Dian · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing!!!!!

Tina is able to take any idea and really just go with it. She’s helpful, professional and at the same time very sincere.

Hannah · Married on 10/20/2018

Work of art!

Very responsive to any anxious bride! I had to make changes to my contract due to some of my bridesmaid changing their minds with their hair/make up, but Tina was flexible to rearrange the contract! I would definitely recommend a trial before the wedding day so Tina can see the best hair style and make up to use! She does an amazing job transforming a very tired bride to a gleaming flawless beauty! Everyone in my bridal party and my mom and mother-in-law loved their hair and make up! It is worth the investment to look beautiful on such an important and special day! She is very professional and punctual!

Jess · Married on 10/08/2018

Best make up artist

Highly recommend!
    Tina is awesome! She is super friendly and professional. She understood exactly what type of make up I wanted ( and didn't want) on my special day.
    She is quick to respond and explains everything thoroughly.

Amy · Married on 09/29/2018

I love tge make up Tina did for my wedding!! She did an amazing job, really made me feel like the star of the party! I would def recommend her to anyone who needs an make up artist! Thank you so much tina for the great work

Sent on 10/11/2018

Minji · Married on 09/23/2018

Makeup and hair service for wedding

Tina was amazing! I got a lot of compliments for my hair and makeup for the wedding day. She found the best hair and makeup style for me during trial and made it perfect for my big day. Plus, she was always very responsive and punctual, which made my wedding planning much easier and pleasant.

Peter · Married on 09/22/2018

Tina and the hair stylist were phenomenal. My wife and I went in early in the morning, had makeup and hair done with my mother in law also. My wife was complimented all day, even by people at starbucks with her makeup. My wife is super picky, and she was so happy with the results. It made our wedding day even better. Super happy we chose her to do the makeup and hair. SAY NO MORE. Absolutely recommend. No need to search around.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Natalie · Married on 09/09/2018

Awesome professional

I loved working with Tina! She is very professional, knowledgeable and skilled. She was absolutely the right choice and helped bring my vision into a perfect wedding day. I'm really happy I found her! I did the makeup trial twice, I had my first nearly a year before the wedding date. I really wanted to pursue different options closer to the date. The second time was a complete change from the first look. Tina showed off her versatility and I am still so amazed with the results. In her portfolio you can find great Korean makeup looks, and that was my initial direction, but in the end we went with something more fierce. My hair was also perfect! Can't recommend enough regardless of your makeup and hair goals!!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Phuong · Married on 09/01/2018

Tina was excellent!!! I got a lot of compliments for my makeup. Since I barely wear makeup on a daily basis, I was so afraid that the makeup would make me look much older and look like a different person. But Tina did an excellent job, she brought out my best features yet the makeup was still very natural. The weather was hot and humid (I have outdoor wedding) and I was crying so much but my makeup still lasted the whole night. I couldn't be happier so I decided to book Tina again for my wedding album. Thank you so much Tina!!! :)

Sent on 09/20/2018

Renee · Married on 07/28/2018

She showed up exactly on time, ready to begin and accommodating to all the needs of my bridesmaids! We looked amazing by the time she was through, and she was more than willing to adjust post-makeup and hair due to preferences.

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Y

Yuna · Married on 06/08/2018

Tina is incredible!!!!!! She is such an amazing and professional makeup artist!! I loved my wedding makeup and hair!!! My makeup lasted more than 15 hours! Book her you won’t regret!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Jinhee · Married on 05/25/2018

Tina is amazing! My friend recommended Tina after wonderful experience. I didn’t have time for trial session so I was little worried but as soon as Tina arrived I knew I had nothing to worry for. She is just true professional! I would recommend Tina to all my friends.

Sent on 09/06/2018
  • Narrae

Narrae · Married on 05/20/2018

Tina is awesome! She's awesome at responding to emails right away. She's awesome at giving stylistic advice. Her attitude is awesome. Her color choices are awesome. Just overall awesome! I went through a makeup and hair trial with her and the process definitely took longer than I thought it would. But Tina did warn me of how long it could potentially take. I loved the outcome and am very excited for the day of!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Eunice · Married on 04/21/2018

I hired Tina for both hair and make-up for my wedding on 4/21/18. I booked her more than 6 months in advance since I knew she can get booked up pretty fast and it's also during the busiest season for wedding. I had a hair and make-up trial session with her and she emailed me with detailed information regarding the type of make-up products that she used and how she did my hair. Many of the guests including my bridal party complemented on my make-up and I was extremely satisfied with her work :) My make-up and hair stayed the same until the end of the reception so I didn't have to fix anything.

Danica · Married on 04/21/2018

I'm very much familiar with Tina's Hair/Make-Up services. She did my sister's wedding makeup (also did me and my mom's makeup/hair as well). She always maintained her professionalism and was always responsive- whether it be via email or text.

Once I got engaged, I didn't even bother "shopping" around for a makeup/hair stylist because I knew I would use Tina's services. We communicated frequently, as I had many questions. I was also fortunate enough to schedule my hair/makeup trial on the day of my engagement photo session (I hear some makeup artists do not allow that; which doesn't make any sense to me). During the trial, Tina never rushed the trial session, she really took her time and listened to what I wanted. One thing I really liked about Tina was, throughout the session, she would periodically ask if everything looked okay. I have absolutely no regrets hiring Tina for my special day.

My hair and makeup was perfect the day of my wedding. My mother who also got her makeup done looked elegant as ever. Thank you Tina for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! I would recommend her to my family and friends.

P · Married on 04/20/2018

Tina is very professional and I love my wedding hair style and make up. I met Tina on my best friend's wedding and I like the style she's made for my friend so I reached her for my wedding. She offered me a reasonable price (Bride+Groom), answered my questions very quick, and very organized. She shows up on time and is able to finish work before the time she promised. Thanks to that I could have more time to take some fun pictures with my friends and husband. I did not do make up trial with her but she picked the make up colors which totally fit me.
    Thank you, Tina! :D

Jamie · Married on 04/14/2018

Tina helped me to look my best for my wedding day. She was so accommodating to my needs and my requests. She is easy to work with and not only that, is also very skilled and professional. I loved my make-up and hair that she did for me.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Seyoung · Married on 03/31/2018

Shine Tina is absolutely talented and very professional. I got a lot of compliments on my makeup and hair and my mom’s as well on the day of. Very satisfied!

Sent on 06/06/2018