Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn Reviews

Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 7
  • kdur14

Karen · Married on 12/01/2018

Such an AMAZING venue!

Shiloh Farm was the first stop on our wedding venue search. After touring and meeting with Dent Ward, we were sold immediately on this place. I do not have enough good things to say about this venue and our wedding planner Dent. The property is so beautiful and the barn is breathtaking. We were originally going to have our wedding outside under an oak tree on the property, but it ended up raining on our wedding day. Dent made the transition to the lovely vintage chapel seamless and stress free. Our reception was held in the barn, which had a very elegant and rustic feel to it. My family ended up staying at two of the cottages on the property, and that is where my bridesmaids and I got ready before the wedding. Both of the cottages were charming and convenient. We hired Dent as our wedding planner and I must say she was WONDERFUL. The attention to detail with every part of our wedding was spectacular. She was such a pleasure to work with!! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Kaylan · Married on 04/14/2018

If there was an option to give this venue 10 stars, that would still not be enough for how amazing this venue is. Everything from the grounds to the wonderful staff that work so diligently to make every event a one of a kind experience. My husband and I got married outside under their stunning oaks trees, held our rehearsal dinner in their charming Rose Cottage and enjoyed our reception in the Grand Ol' Barn. We even took our first look pictures in their beautiful chapel! Suzanne Miller and Dent Ward are incredible women and led the charge in making sure every single detail from the flowers to the other vendors to the lovely grounds were perfect. Every detail was executed so far above and beyond my expectations. Dent Ward coordinated my whole wedding and even arranged all the beautiful flowers and was such a joy to work with. Nothing was too crazy or too difficult for these ladies to manage. Mr. Randy was such a blessing setting up the ceremony and keeping the grounds looking fairy tale perfect. They even recommended our photographer, Elizabeth Birdwell, who took the most stunning pictures I have ever seen. Every person who attended our wedding has said nothing but the most wonderful things about their experience! I genuinely could talk all day about the venue and the staff, but don't take my word for it. Go, talk to the staff, look at the grounds and the setting, walk through the barn. I CANNOT RECOMMEND this place more highly and I know for a fact that there is no other place in the world as beautiful as Shiloh. This was a once in a lifetime experience and every detail was meticulously done to the highest standards. Please! Go and visit Shiloh Farms and see what all the excitement is about first hand. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Caroline · Married on 12/09/2017

I recently had my DREAM wedding at Shiloh, December 9th. I absolutely fell in love with this place years ago when one of my best friends got married here. The entire property is breathtaking and gorgeous and the people who run it are even more beautiful. The owner, Suzanne, I feel like is now apart of my family. She worked tirelessly to make sure the barn and the flowers were all perfect and she blew myself along with all of my guest away. She was always so welcoming anytime I visited the property and she is truly the BEST at everything she does. Dent Ward, the director and also the other brilliant mind who did my flowers, is hands down the BEST out there. Not only is she the kindest soul you will meet, she is a genius when it comes to putting together a beautiful and smooth wedding. She handles every detail from start to finish and truly made the entire experience enjoyable and stress free. I owe the best day ever and my absolute dream wedding to her and the rest of the Shiloh crew! We rented out the entire property for the weekend and it made for one AWESOME weekend, I highly recommend doing this if you want an "all-in-one" experience! I continue getting compliments on how beautiful of a venue it was. If you are looking for a the PERFECT venue then seriously look no further!!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Stacy · Married on 12/02/2017

Shiloh was the first stop on my daughter’s list of possible venues for her wedding - after touring Shiloh the search was over. She fell in love with Shiloh’s beauty and ambiance. We could not have scripted a more beautiful venue for their wedding! The bride and bridesmaids spent the night in The Rose Cottage - which is charming! It provided a wonderful setting for pre-ceremony pictures. The wedding day was PERFECT! The massive oak trees provided a beautiful backdrop for exchanging of their vows. The reception was held in the Barn - which is elegant and rustic. The Shiloh floral team’s arrangements and decorations were stunning! They made it a truly magical night! Susanne Miller, Dent Ward, and the Shiloh staff were a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Shiloh as a wedding venue - it’s like a piece of heaven on earth!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 15
    Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 16
    Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 17

Sherri · Married on 06/24/2017

Our daughter's reception was recently held at Shiloh, following the wedding ceremony location 45 minutes away at our home church. We had moving pieces and parts in two counties which could have been disastrous. But when I tell you that the Shiloh Farm team is phenomenal, I am not exaggerating. Susanne Miller, Dent Ward and Elizabeth Birdwell worked so hard and personally invested in making sure both bride and mother of the bride, knew things were being done, coordinated and would be magical when we arrived at Shiloh. Dent and Susanne went above and beyond on creating the most lovely floral arrangements as part of their floral service, and the detailing in the barn and guest tables were such that when you entered the barn, all I could hear quests saying was "wow". Elizabeth is a marvelous photographer and that beautiful soul worked relentlessly to take shots of reception details, a very large wedding party, and large family. The sneak peek shots I have seen thus far are perfect. A special gift of a butterfly release was given to our daughter and her husband, and Dent and Mr. Randy at Shiloh took special care of them prior to the release. We appreciate this whole team so much, and left loving them like family! Highly recommend Shiloh Farm for your venue, floral service, Dent Ward as your Wedding Specialist, Mr. Randy and his sweet spirit to make the venue grounds beautiful, and Elizabeth Birdwell Photography to take shots to remember the special day!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Julie · Married on 05/13/2017

If you're considering getting married and/or having your reception at Shiloh Farm, then you've probably already decided that finding a unique and beautiful venue is important to you. My husband and I were just married there on May 13th and we had our reception immediately following in the barn. It was THE BEST day in THE BEST place! The outdoor beauty of Shiloh is truly stunning. The chapel and barn are surrounded by huge, old live oak trees and open meadows. Take a tour to see for yourself. The staff is so easy to work with and they make sure that you know that they care about you and about your special day. For most of my wedding day, I experienced what every bride does not want: rain, rain, and more rain. We planned for our ceremony to take place outside in front of the chapel, but we had arranged with the Shiloh staff that in the event of rain, the ceremony could take place inside the sweet old chapel. A few hours before the ceremony, the skies cleared and the ceremony was able to be held outside, but it was a HUGE relief to me to know that no matter what happened, our ceremony was going to be in a beautiful, special place. The little chapel was originally built in the late 1800s and has so much charm, so that's a pretty amazing "contingency plan!" I absolutely loved having the ceremony and reception all in one place. As soon as the ceremony was over, our guests walked in the barn and were served cocktails and appetizers - there was no delay in getting the celebration started. As far the barn goes...wow! It was the perfect place for our reception! Shiloh has so much personality, but it is really a venue that will let YOUR personality shine through. For us and our wedding, that meant a little traditional, very original, a tad rustic, sweetly elegant, completely unique, and 100% Tallahassee, Florida. Every morning when I see my husband, I think, "I would marry you again in a heartbeat," and every single time, I would marry him at Shiloh Farm.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Becky · Married on 10/15/2016

We chose this absolutely beautiful venue for my daughter's wedding in October 2016. The charming Chapel and rustic barn were nestled underneath huge old moss-filled oak trees with the cabins and a cottage down a single secluded path for privacy. It was perfect and just what the bride and groom dreamed of. We used the entire facility; cabins, Rose Cottage, barn and grounds the whole weekend. We live only 2 hours away but this is the best way to go when you are not local to the Tallahassee area. Although the beautiful Chapel was part of the package, we chose outside under the wedding tree for the ceremony. Suzanne and her staff were so helpful, easy to work with, and very accommodating. Everything was very clean, well kept, and convenient. The property was gorgeous and Suzanne an absolute delight.

Sent on 10/24/2016

I booked this to be my wedding venue while it was going under renovations, I was so in loved with the old trees and the idea of how it was going to look that I just book ed it. I am so happy I did. This was the perfect place for my ceremony and wedding. I could not have asked for a more romantic, and rustic chic place. I was in New Jersey while planning my wedding and I had no trouble because Suzanne was so helpful in helping me find an amazing wedding planner, Dent, who just made me feel loved, and at ease that everything would be ok. This place went above and beyond to make my wedding day perfect, and if there is any words better than perfect, that describes my wedding day at Shiloh. I cannot be more thankful or give a better recommendation, I am not one to write reviews, but for Shiloh I definitely wanted too; every bride should have their perfect day here.

Sent on 01/24/2016

Jenny · Married on 12/05/2015

Planning my wedding at Shiloh Farm has been an absolutely amazing experience thus far. Susanne and Erica have been so helpful and supportive throughout this entire process. Shiloh is truly a gem; my mom and I were absolutely stunned when we toured this property for the first time. It is quaint and old-fashioned, yet elegant and beautiful. There is a peace on Shiloh's property that can only be described as something Heavenly and Blessed. I cannot wait to have my wedding on December 5th at Shiloh Farm. It is so comforting to trust and know that my big day will be everything I dreamed it to be thanks to Susanne and her team. You should definitely check this place out if you are considering wedding venues in Tallahassee, FL! You won't be sorry!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Lynn · Married on 11/07/2015

Absolutely fantastic venue and we could not have asked for anyone more attentive to our needs than Susanne and Erica. We are getting close to my daughter's wedding date now and they have everything under control so we can be worry free. What a great feeling. We could not have made a better choice of venue. They are wonderful.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Linda · Married on 01/30/2015

I was honored and blessed to have friends who chose to have my birthday celebration at the Rose Cottage at Shiloh. The ambiance , decorations, catered food and charm of the Rose Cottage provided the perfect venue. The staff of Shiloh and especially Suzanne Miller were the epitome of Southern charm, graciousness and fine taste . I highly recommend the Rose cottage for small to medium sized gatherings and plan to have my granddaughter's 16th birthday party there next year.

Sent on 08/31/2015

saja · Married on 09/20/2014

Beautiful venue and wonderful staff . We are looking forward to having our event here.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Jaimie · Married on 04/06/2013

Our wedding was at this beautiful venue. It had a rustic country feel that is hard to find in Tallahassee. We had more than enough room for all of our 300 guests. The staff was very accommodating and they helped in every way possible. They were very good at helping out with the little things that brides tend to forget about. Our guests were able to stay on site in the beautiful cottages.We love Shiloh and I would recommend it to anyone. It was truly a special experience.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Alison · Married on 11/19/2011

I can not say enough positive things about Shiloh Farms. What a magical place! My husband and I had originally planned to have a small wedding in a small venue but as the guest list grew so did our need for a bigger space. I happened upon Shiloh Farms through a Google search and immediately knew this was the place to start our lives together. Planning a wedding at Shiloh was low stress and pleasant. Susanne, Leesa, and the rest of the crew at Shiloh are absolutely amazing and I can not say enough about how much I enjoyed working with them. Our wedding was perfect and exactly what we wanted...I know part of that is due to the love and attention Shiloh gave us as we planned our day.

Sent on 12/01/2011

Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. It was so much fun working with you and your family on your wedding over the past few months. We are honored to have been allowed to have a part of making your wedding day dreams come true. It was truly our pleasure. We wish you all the best.
  • User2079411 · 2+ years ago

I LOVED this location! We used the rose cottage to get married in and stay the night of our wedding. It is all decorated so cute!! I would be weary that it is a older building. There is a funny mold/mildew smells, but its not terrible. If you have allergies, be aware to take some caritin or benedryl. We had an outside wedding with a barn reception! It was beautiful! I could have not asked for a better landscape! Suzanne is the sweetest lady. She let us come early and set up since nobody was renting the barn! It was great and saved us a lot of time!!! Her two attendants were great as well. They immediately started helping clean up after the reception was over. They even let all of our friends hang out in the barn and keep partying after we left! I could have not asked for a better location!!!!! I would book with them again!

Sent on 05/03/2012

Tammy · Married on 03/10/2018

We had the pleasure of having our daughters wedding there this weekend! It was amazing! The owner worked with me on any of my requests and their caretaker Randy went above and beyond! Everyone just fell in love with him. Our guests really loved the venue and my phone hasn’t stopped with all the compliments about how beautiful the place was! It was magical! Everyone involved made us feel like family! We are so happy we chose Shiloh Farms for one of lifes important events! We looked at tons of places throughout Florida and once my daughter stepped onto the grounds and into the “grand ol’ barn” she was hooked! If your looking to have your dream wedding... your search is over!

Sent on 03/12/2018
    Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 18
    Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 19
    Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 20
    Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 21
    Shiloh Farm Chapel and Barn 22

AWESOME and unique wedding venue! My guests were in love and we had the wedding of our dreams at Shiloh Farm!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/27/2010

Shiloh farms was a dream come true!! It was an amazing place, and everyone really enjoyed it!

Sent on 08/02/2010

Hannah · Married on 09/24/2016

Shiloh
    What a perfect venue for our perfect day! Everything about this space was so wonderful. My husband and I love the Oaks in Tallahassee, so being able to married under one was so great. Susanne is super helpful and makes you feel like you’re the only wedding/event she has going on. I’d be able to text or call her any time, and she was super helpful and informative. She let me come out there on several occasions with different vendors or family members to show them around before the big day. I rented linens, centerpieces and benches from her and they were set up when I arrived for rehearsal dinner the day before!!! Talk about service. Honestly, if you’re looking for an outdoor, rustic feel, this is the best place to get married!!

Sent on 11/11/2016

1.6
      3.0
      0.0

This is a good place for a community event or party , I would NEVER recommend for a wedding. This is an "as is" facility, do not expect anything beyond or different from the day you visit. My family spent hours cleaning the week of the wedding ( digging out trash from the fire pit, cigarette butts on the property, dusting , providing toilet paper, paper towels ). We had a great time the day of the event but that was not in relation to the venue , but the nature of the event . I would make sure to get your expectations in writing and have clear discussions. The price is a fair market price as far as the venue ( chapel and barn) , but not a good price for how much work you have to do yourself the week of your wedding.

Sent on 12/30/2013