28 Reviews for Sherry Pickerell Photography

Prints (3)
Liability Insurance (1)
Canvas (1)
28 Sherry Pickerell Photography Reviews

I highly recommend Sherry as she was easy to work with and extremely accommodating. Sherry photographed our engagement and she knew the best places, best lighting and made us feel comfortable while being photographed- as a result we love every photo she took. Before the pictures were ready, she posted a sneak peak on Facebook and her Blog (she asked first, of course) and we were able to relive the moment all over again. She had the nicest things to say about us and we truly felt honored! We received the pictures about a week or two later and she still made herself readily available to review the best options for printing and her recommendations for creating a photo album etc. Our engagement wouldn't have been as special without an amazing photographer there to capture every moment.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sherry was great to work with! Extremely responsive and flexible, and lots of great photos!!

Profile Picture Kristi, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sherry was an absolute joy to work with throughout our wedding planning process and on the big day. She was very flexible and worked with us for every special request. She also kept things light and fun during our family photos. Her photos are gorgeous and tell a wonderful story of the day!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sherry and Vlad truly helped capture the magic of our day! We have so many great pictures to remember such a beautiful day!

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Sherry was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. i found her on instagram and knew right away she was "the one". She is extremely kind, incredibly talented and truly cares about what the couple is looking for. i would recommend her to anyone. The BEST!

Profile Picture dena, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Everything about working with Sherry Pickerell was amazing! My husband and I are both so happy and excited with our wedding photos. She is not only the sweetest person, but she's also professional and unbelievably talented. Sherry captured so many great moments that my husband, our family, and friends can cherish forever. We also used her photo booth, which was so much fun!! We can't thank Sherry enough and we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Profile Picture Carolann, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Sherry was fantastic! She really went above and beyond throughout the entire process to make us feel special. Her photos were beyond anything we imagined! She managed to capture so many special moments that we will have forever. We highly recommend her to photographer your special day and look forward to working with her in the future.

Amy & Joe

Profile Picture Amy, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images

Sherry is remarkable and was one of the best investments of our wedding! My husband and I are from Chicago and had a destination wedding. We were so nervous in finding the perfect photographer to capture our day and one we could be ourselves with. Due to location, we never had the opportunity to meet in person prior to the wedding but we instantly knew when talking to Sherry she was different. Sherry has an amazing personality, professional, listens and has such a gorgeous photography style. She made every step of the process seamless and was so responsive to any question we may have had. Her attention to detail both before and after the wedding are remarkable. She is so thoughtful and goes above/beyond to make you feel special. She truly takes the time to get to know you and understand what you are looking for on your special day. On the day of the wedding, Sherry was already at the venue and greeted us both with a huge hug. It was as if we had known each other for years. Sherry and her assistant Lisa were amazing to our guests and they also ensured that we got all the shots in but were fully present and enjoying our wedding. Our photos are so special and we have one of kind shots to remember our perfect day for a lifetime and we have Sherry to thank! There is no one that we would rather had capturing our day and truly feel fortunate to have Sherry apart of our day. We would absolutely without hesitation recommend Sherry to anyone!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Loved working with Sherry! She made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera and made it a point to meet us at one of the locations prior to the wedding so she could familiarize herself. She responded to my excessive emails very quickly and kept in touch in the months prior to the wedding.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sherry not only provided us with the most beautiful, natural pictures, but was such a wonderful addition to our wedding. Although we only knew her for a little under a year at the time of our wedding day, she felt like an old friend or family member at our wedding. She was so focused on capturing our candid love which resulted in the most breathtaking pictures that we will cherish forever. Even since our wedding day has past, she continues to surprise us with little sentimental gestures to remember our special day. She is truly one of a kind and we'd recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sherry was amazing, We love all of her beautiful photos of our wedding day. I cannot not say enough wonderful things. She even sends you little surprises afterward. So sweet!

Profile Picture Linda, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our engagement photos came out amazing! I cannot wait to see how the wedding photos turn out!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sherry's work, professionalism, and personal character leaves me speechless. Sherry went above and beyond before, during, and after my wedding. She was worth every penny! Sherry didn't miss a beat with my wedding; I am able to relive every moment when I look at my picture. She was able to capture every detail of my wedding and you had no idea she was there. Despite getting married during a tropical storm Sherry and Katrina were troopers, taking pictures in the cold rain, and were able to pertain the beauty of the day, our venue, and the rain. I can't say enough good things about Sherry and her talent. I will forever be grateful that I was able to have Sherry Pickerell photograph my special day.

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/2/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

When PJ and I met with Sherry, we were instantly impressed when she explained she captures the emotion. That is truly what she did with our wedding photos. People who werent even at our wedding saw the pictures and felt each and every emotion that the person was feeling at that moment. We were blown away with how perfect they came out. We still look at them every once and a while and get emotional going through them! Sherry also added such thoughtful personal touches , such as a mini photo album magnet, and a personalized photo ornament for our first christmas. I would recommend Sherry to anyone and cant way to work with her again in the future! Some family photo shots :)

HUGE thank you to Sherry and her team for their amazing talent!

Profile Picture Samantha & Pj, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, High-Res Images

awesome to work with! love her photography style and her personality!

Profile Picture User6052377, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have known Sherry for a few years as a wedding vendor (since I am a wedding officiant). So when it came time for my fall wedding here on the North Fork of Long Island, I couldn't think of a better person to document the day. Sherry (and her second shooter, Kari) were flexible, ready at a moment's notice to take another shot to make our special day complete. The weather that day was less than ideal for outdoor pictures, but Sherry handled it like the pro that she is, capturing some of the most astounding and powerful moments on the beach (boy were we cold!), as well as some of the most touching and sentimental moments between my family members.

I recommend Sherry Pickerell to anyone who wants to remember their special day in a fun, sentimental, serious, and all-around wonderful way! If I ever have children who get married, she will be the first person I call to document the day!!!! Thank you so much ~Sarah & Kit (10.26.2014)

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/26/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are so thankful for Sherry and her assistant taking marvelous photos on our wedding day. We researched and contacted over 30 photographers in NYC and Long Island areas, and we have no doubt that we found the best photographer. She is very prompt in responding our inquires and she is very organized and professional. Also, the photo package she sent was just excellent. Every little piece warmed our heart and of course the quality has exceeded our expectation.
A few things that worried us was we live in NYC so we couldn't have face to face meeting until a few weeks before the wedding. (We don't have a car and Sherry gave us the schedule when she was in NYC but our schedule didn't work out)... Also, we had a small wedding of 40 guests at Clovis Point Vineyard, so we weren't sure if she was a right photographer. We continued researching more photographers after we had first conversation on the phone with Sherry, but we could not forget how her photos were so natural and captured happy moments. After working with Sherry on our wedding day, we had no doubt but we made a great decision choosing her.
I know I can go on and on... but last thing I want to share is, we are from Japan and our family members flew from Japan. They are not used to American culture or openness, but we have great photos from the beginning to the end of our ceremony/reception. We are so grateful to have hand full of marvelous photos which will remind us the wedding day forever and ever!!!
Thank you so much Sherry :) Domo Arigato!!
- Ekuko & Michinori

Profile Picture Ekuko, 10/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sherry was an absolute dream to work with. She was super organized, and made taking the formal shots quick so we could go on to enjoy our wedding. As for the candid shots, we didn't even realize they were being taken! She really is good at getting the shots without interrupting your fun.

And for the photos themselves... STUNNING. Can't recommend enough.

Profile Picture Bethany, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From start to finish, Sherry Pickerell is OUTSTANDING and TALENTED! We HIGHLY recommend her as a photographer and hope to use her for future photography moments! She is a genuinely caring woman who we were thrilled to have a part of our day. She went above and beyond with every aspect, even offering to get forgotten materials on the day of the wedding. She has a calm and peaceful demeanor which is a delight to be around when the fast pace of your wedding day kicks in. Even after the wedding she continues to keep in touch and deliver all the proofs and albums in a very timely manner. If you choose Sherry Pickerell, I am positive you will have the same great things to say about her and love the work she provides.

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I planned our wedding long distance (a New York wedding from Arizona). We picked Sherry because good friends of ours had used her for their 2013 wedding, and their pictures were fun and full of life. Sherry's prices were more then reasonable, and you get personal attention from her which is exactly what we wanted. She also listened to us; many other vendors I looked at didn't listen but tried to tell me what I wanted, or what to do. Even on our wedding day, we over heard another photographer directing his wedding party as if they were on a football field (my husbands response was pure gratitude that our photographer was nothing like that!)

Sherry was also extremely flexible; our families had some unexpected medical emergencies in the 10 days surrounding our wedding. Last minute, we decided to do first look pictures instead of doing formal shots after the ceremony. Sherry was amazing- she had already had the time blocked out (which is extremely professional) and had great suggestions on how to pull it off. The day of, she was so natural to work with- our entire wedding party felt comfortable with her. Her and her assistant for the day captured every shot and weren't intrusive; we didn't even know they were there sometimes.

After the wedding, Sherry posted pictures her online account quickly and had our actual proofs in very reasonable time. She also added little touches, like sending both of our mothers miniature books with about 16 photos in them. She even just sent us a picture ornament for our first Christmas as husband and wife! To sum it up, I would recommend Sherry in a heartbeat, and would be happy to talk with any future bride and groom in more detail about our experiences. If you are looking for a reasonably priced photographer who will listen to you and make those personal connections, look no further.

Profile Picture Kate, 6/7/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so beyond thrilled with everything Sherry did for our wedding from start to finish. We just received our wedding album in the mail, and it has exceeded all expectations. Sherry was helpful, patient and helped made every dream come true. I sent her a photo of something that I liked and she found a location that literally brought my vision to life. She came early, stayed late, made sure she captured every minute. She patiently responded to every email and phone call. She really helped set us up for beautiful photos and helped us feel comfortable in front of all the cameras. Our wedding guests did not feel like there were paparazzi all over them on the dance floor but she still captured everything perfectly.

Profile Picture User4181001, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

The best decision we made was to hire Sherry Pickerell for our wedding, I highly (HIGHLY!) recommend her if you are looking for a photographer who will truly capture who you are as a couple, what you want your wedding to say about you, as well as every critical moment together as a couple & at the same time all the moments happening around you with your friends & family that you weren't even aware of! She didn't miss a beat! She cares about your vision & your ideas & wants to capture them through her lens the best way possible. She appreciates the little things that make your wedding special to you. She loves to step outside of the box with clever angles & lighting that make each shot look amazing. She was the highlight of our vendors & we are so please that she continues to be recognized & awarded for her work. She is a true gem to the industry!

Profile Picture meghan, 8/31/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I got married in the North Fork of Long Island at Raphael vineyard on 8/3/13. I came upon Sherry Pickerell's website and we are so happy we found her. First off, her responsiveness and professionalism was great. She advertises candid, unobtrusive photos and that is exactly what you get. We wanted natural pictures that captured our happiness and excitment on our wedding day. We are so thrilled with them and it is just unbelievable how you can not only see but actually feel the emotion in her photos. Sherry is talented and passionate, At one point she was laying on the ground outside to get the right angle. A big responsibility is placed on your photographer for the day, so make sure you chose someone who really knows what they are doing. Sherry does and the proof is in our photos.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sherry was amazing! She listened to us and our vision and created amazing photos that we will cherish forever. She is so thoughtful as well, sending little treats to us before the wedding, on christmas and for our anniversary! We would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User4602402, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was an absolute honor to work with Sherry for our wedding. I had seen her work from numerous colleagues' weddings and photo shoots, and I had to have her at my wedding. She is such a professional and expert at her craft, that you work to arrange your wedding day around her. We love her candid shots, incredible! For all of our planned family shots, she was so well organized that we did not spend a lot of time away from our guests. Sherry's video and blogspot are sites that you will visit over and over to relive your wedding day. We love our wedding album, it is gorgeous and top quality. The one thing that I adore about Sherry is that she is completely honest, reliable, trustworthy, and keeps in contact with her clients. Sherry also recommended Michael Reed Films for my videography. Wow! I cannot say enough about this duo. I highly recommend them both. The cost of Sherry's services is based on the package that we personally selected.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 5/11/13, 1 Review