Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel Reviews

61 Reviews for Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel

• Tracey

Tracey Marlowe · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Sheraton Tamps Riverwalk Hotel

We had a wonderful experience with the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel and their entire staff and I would highly recommend choosing this venue. Paul Sparks their Wedding Specialist took care of us from beginning to end. He answered every question, was very responsive to any need we had took care of every detail of our big day and helped us right through until the day of the wedding right up until the end of our event at 11:00 PM. The hotel rooms are nice, the hotel ballroom is beautiful and overlooks the water which made for spectacular sunset and evening pictures. We had breakfast for our guests the following morning in a private room. The entire staff at the hotel took care of any request that we had.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you Tracey for your kind words! It was certainly a pleasure celebrating this wedding weekend here at the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel with you and your guests. We look forward to having Rachel and Austin back with us again for their first anniversary. We hope you can join them for the next celebration here. Thank you very much!
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 12/31/2019

Most Amazing Wedding EVER!!

We had the most amazing day!! We planned our wedding from out of town and Paul made it so seamless!!! We did not have one worry the day of the wedding, he handled and thought of everything before we could even think of it!!! I would HIGHLY recommend this location and working with Paul!!! We ended up getting married in Tampa just to have our wedding here and we don’t regret a single minute of that decision!! If you are planning on getting married in Tampa, you should definitely choose this venue!!!!!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Hi Erin - thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you and your family celebrate your wedding here with us. We are happy to hear that you recommend the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel to others planning to wed in Tampa. We look forward to seeing you and Shawn again next year for your first year's anniversary. Please remember as a part of your wedding package you are entitled to a complimentary suite one night stay that you can use anytime next year during your wedding month. Best wishes for your first year of marriage and many more!

Kimberly Stephenson · Married on 11/16/2019

November 16 Wedding

From the start, my husband and I knew we wanted to have our wedding at one location where we could hold both the ceremony and reception so that we did not need to transport guests from one spot to the other. The location of the Sheraton is convenient to most everything in South Tampa, but keep in mind that it is busy as it is downtown. There was a Lightning game the night of our wedding, but we just made sure to tell our guests to leave a little early to account for the extra traffic. As for the look of the venue, if you are shooting for an evening ceremony/reception, there really isn't a better spot than the Sheraton to view the Riverwalk at night. The whole river is lit up beautifully, and UT across the river look gorgeous at night as well. The food at the Sheraton was also fantastic, and their drink package had great options as well. The best part about the whole experience was working with the wedding coordinator Paul Sparks. I really cannot say enough fantastic things about Paul and his team. He made sure that every single detail was taken care of and coordinated the timing of set up/drop off with all our vendors for us. He also made sure all of the decor items we brought (table numbers, wood signs, photo props, jenga guest book, etc.) were set up exactly how we wanted them. You can tell that Paul really cares about his bride and groom's experience, and we sincerely appreciated the effort he put in to make our wedding special.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you Kimberly for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you and your family celebrate here with us. I am especially happy to hear that you were pleased with everything especially the food. Great food is an important part of a great wedding celebration. We look forward to having you back with again next year for your complimentary anniversary stay that was a part of your package. We wish you a happy and successful first year of marriage and many, many more!
  • Audrey

Audrey Prior · Married on 11/05/2019

Awesome venue that has it all

This was the perfect place for our wedding - it had ceremony space, cocktail hour and reception space. The catering was easy and they honestly are very hands on and help with everything. Paul Sparks, the planner throughout the process and day of planner was amazing. He helped make our day awesome! I honestly don't know that I would have changed anything. The hotel was great and also helped make sure we had a wonderful time/stay. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Hi Audrey - Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that you were happy with everything with your wedding celebration. It was a pleasure having you and your family celebrate your special day here with us. We look forward to having you back with us for your first year anniversary stay. We wish you both many years of happiness and success!
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful Venue & Amazing Coordinator!

We had a destination wedding in Tampa & we both wanted something on the water but in the city. Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk was PERFECT. The Riverview Room was gorgeous for our ceremony & the Riverwalk Ballroom had awesome water views along with a giant dance floor for our guests. The food was great, the service was INCREDIBLE but Paul Sparks was a true standout! He was so easy to work with, especially as a we were having a destination wedding. He pulled off the perfect day for us, and his recommendations for other vendors were so great.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you Tara so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you and your family celebrate here with us. We hope you and Steven have a fantastic and successful first year of marriage and look forward to having you back with us for your anniversary.

Susan Wenrick · Married on 11/11/2018

All-In-One Wedding Location

It was really wonderful to have the ceremony in the room overlooking the river and to have a cocktail hour outside by the pool . Invited quest did not have to travel any distance since they could walk a few feet into the reception. Having everything in one location cut down on the travel and anxiety on such a great day. Having Paul Sparks as the contact and event planner also saved on hiring another outside event planner. everything was perfect thanks to him and his team.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Susan Wenrick · Married on 10/20/2018

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk

Everything was exceptional! Our event was so much more than we imagined thanks to the incredible staff at the Sheraton! Thanks to all of you!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you Susan for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you and the family celebrate Allyson and Mitch's wedding with us! We look forward to having them back with us for their one year anniversary stay and wish them many years of happiness and success.

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Reception

We planned our wedding in Tampa, FL from Washington, DC and we had ZERO problems. From scheduling the tasting to room block to communication with vendors- Paul and his team does it all. The only outside vendors we had to coordinate were flowers for centerpieces and decoration, photographer, and DJ. Everything else was provided by Sheraton! I priced many, many venues in the Tampa area and I guarantee you will not find a better place for the value, especially in the Downtown area. Many other places were going to cost us double what we ended up spending at Sheraton, and I guarantee we wouldn't have had the experience we had for our wedding.

Sent on 02/19/2020

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you Samantha for your kind words! We are happy that you were pleased with everything. Sometimes it is difficult planning a wedding from out of town, but we a happy to hear we made it easier for you. We look forward to having you back next year to celebrate your one year anniversary. Best wishes for a happy and successful first year of marriage!

Art · Married on 06/09/2018

We considered the Sheraton Riverwalk based on the reviews I read on-line at various Wedding / Travel sites praising Paul Sparks, the Catering and Wedding Specialist at the Sheraton.
    When you book an event as important as a Wedding and the Reception, there is always apprehension. You just hope things go as planned and promised. Paul's reviews could not have been more accurate.
    I am here to confirm that everything we read about Paul was true. He was incredible!
    Paul has been in the business for decades and was there every step of the way with patience and honest advise. We did not need a Wedding Planner, he was our Wedding Planner! The day of the event, he arrived first thing in the morning and stayed well past midnight.
    Everyone had a blast thanks to Paul and his top notch Catering and Bar Staff.
    Regarding the accomodations, from the Valet guys, the Bellmen, Front Office, Housekeeping and the Restaurant / Bars, everyone was a Pro.
    Our guests raved about how friendly and service minded everyone at the property was.
    The location is excellent and the river provides great sunset views.
    Also, they just completed a major renovation of the guest rooms and the pool area. Do yourself a favor and consider the Sheraton. We did our homework, checked over 30 properties within a 30 mile radius and there is no doubt the Sheraton is the #1 Best Value in all of Tampa Bay period! Call Paul and book your space now before everyone discovers this gem.

Sent on 07/24/2018

carissa · Married on 02/17/2018

We had our daughter's wedding on 2-17-18. The whole experience was a pleasure from start to finish. Paul Sparks was wonderful to work with. He answered all of our questions and provided an awesome tasting for us. The day of the wedding went smoothly. Our guests raved about the food. The venue was absolutely beautiful! If your looking for a venue overlooking the water with a beautiful view this is the place for you!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you Carissa for your kind words! Great food and great fun is important to us with our weddings. We are happy to hear you had a great time.

Thanks!

Jaclyn · Married on 02/01/2018

Paul was extremely helpful and understanding. He was able to keep contact with me even through the holidays to make sure everything was going smoothly. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help me plan my big day.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you Jaclyn for your review! Communication is the most important part in planning your special day. I am happy we were able to have everything run smoothly. We look forward to having you back for your anniversary stay with us!

Nick · Married on 11/04/2017

My wife and I were looking for a venue that truly represented Tampa. After visiting numerous locations, we settled on the Sheraton Riverwalk. Not only did we think it was going to give us the most bang for our buck, but we loved several other factors too. The University of Tampa is nearby, the Riverwalk is gorgeous at night, and finally Downtown Tampa has so many things for our guests to do. We loved that the cake was included with the price, and that there were several different bar package options (I was even able to get some beer besides your normal bud, bud light, Henieken choices). The food is also phenomenal! I can’t tell you how many times my Uncle has told me since the wedding that the London Broil was some of the best he has ever had. My Dad also can’t stop talking about the Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken and the sauce that came with it. I am pretty sure he wants to buy the sauce in bulk from the Sheraton.
    What really made the Sheraton the best choice though was Paul. From the moment we met with him, we could tell that he loves what he does. He truly goes above and beyond to make the bride and groom happy. We had visited several venues where the person in charge either told us (and rather bluntly I might add) they don’t do decorating, or don’t do coordinating. Paul does it all! He repeatedly told us that we could just drop the decorations and directions off, and he would handle the rest. My wife was slightly skeptical about this, but I just kept telling her Paul’s got it! She’s actually the one who told me to mention that she was skeptical at first, but that she became a true believer in Paul by the time the wedding was over! He even gave us his personal phone number about a month and a half out from the wedding in case my wife had some kind of emergency questions. Seriously… his middle name must be DETAILS! We really can’t say enough about how happy we are that we ended up going with the Sheraton for our cerem

Sent on 03/31/2018

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you Nick for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you and your family celebrate your special day with us! I am especially happy to hear your guests enjoyed the food. That always makes for great memories!

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2017

We were looking for a place downtown to have our reception, and the Sheraton is by far one of the best places to have your wedding downtown. The view is beautiful especially when the sun is setting and of course at night. Paul Sparks assisted us every step of the way. He is very professional and replies quickly to questions/concerns. His attention to detail is phenomenal and is a quality extremely important for weddings! Thank you Paul for your service!! We also got the Gelato Carte and our guests really loved it!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Kelly · Married on 03/18/2017

The Sheraton on the Riverwalk was so beautiful for our March wedding. We were so thrilled with the venue and would choose them again many times over. It is truly the best value for such a beautiful setting that you will find in the Tampa Bay area. Completely satisfied newlyweds :)

Sent on 06/19/2017

Michele · Married on 03/11/2017

I give this venue 5 stars. A huge reason is because we loved Paul Sparks- he is the BEST! He knows what he is doing, he does so much for you and he was always so responsive. He makes it easy and simple...that is very hard to do when you are planning a huge wedding! The venue was beautiful and situated on the river and the room was the perfect size! We didnt love the hotel room, but it is an older hotel so that explains why the rooms are the way they are. Thanks Paul for helping make our wedding day one of the best days of our lives!!!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Danielle · Married on 03/03/2017

We had our wedding on 3.3.17. We have been planning since about June. We looked at many different vendors and we knew, hands down, Sheraton Riverwalk was it. Paul Sparks was great and answered all 5,000 of my e-mail questions through out the process! He was extremely flexible will all of my requests. You get so much for your money here. Our night went absolutely perfect and our guests raved about the food and how beautiful the location was. We loved our bridal suite the night of, it was absolutely beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Cherlyann, who dealt with the room block was AMAZING!! I can’t tell you how helpful she was. So sweet. I highly recommend this as your wedding or event venue – I am 100 percent satisfied with how my night went! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 03/12/2017

Camilla · Married on 02/18/2017

The Sheraton was the perfect place to hold my wedding. All my guest loved the food, cake and Paul was able to attend to all my needs and any demands my family had. He even accommodated my mom when she wanted to incorporate Brazilian traditional desserts and drink for the wedding. Thank you Paul. The hotel room block was hard for me to finalize in the beginning however Cherylann did come in and save the day. She was also flexible with my Father when he wanted to upgrade his room last minute even though the she confirmed with me two times prior to the wedding on his room arrangement.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Tara · Married on 02/04/2017

I had my reception here 2-4-2017 and it was perfect! Paul was attentive and answered all of my many questions. The value and location of this place are just unbeatable. Our bridal suite was exactly what we needed and wanted. There was some issues with room blocks in the beginning but towards the end Cherlyann took over and she was amazing, such a sweet lady. Paul sparks is amazing and knows exactly what he's doing. Everything was exactly how I wanted it.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Angela · Married on 06/24/2016

We loved everything about this venue for our wedding on June 24th, 2016! Paul Sparks did an incredible job coordinating our ceremony and reception! The venue is beautiful, the staff is accomodating, the food was delicious and the price fell into our budget beautifully. Definitely consider celebrating your special day here!

Sent on 08/07/2016

April · Married on 06/11/2016

We got married on 6/11/16. Paul, the coordinator was amazing. Responded very quick with emails, and was extremely helpful with the entire process. He also was our day-of coordinator, and was the contact person for all our other vendors such as flowers, DJ, etc, and had everything set up exactly as I imagined it. Paul was also there to bounce ideas off of, and gave great advice when we needed it. He was able to help suggest some things we had never thought about and was amazing to work with. We got married in the Sheraton Riverwalk Room, overlooking Riverwalk. It was a gorgeous room, and had nice water views. The ballroom, on the other side of the pool, had great water views as well, and was plenty of room to accommodate our 100 guests comfortably. The private breezeway overlooking the Riverwalk was a great spot for pictures, especially during sunset, and was also available to us. The staff was great handling all our out of town guests, as most of them were traveling to our wedding. Rooms were nice and spacious, even for the bridal party to get ready in. The food at the cocktail hour and reception was fantastic. Everyone complimented on how great it was. I would highly recommend anyone to get married here!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel's reply:

Thank you for your kind comments April. It was a pleasure having you and your family here with us. We look forward to having you and Kyle back with us for your one year anniversary. Thank you for celebrating your special day here with us!

Paul is amazing, very responsive, and extremely helpful. The venue is beautiful and was very LGBT friendly!

Sent on 11/17/2015

We cannot say enough about how wonderful Paul Sparks and the Sheraton were on our wedding day. Paul was organized and had everything running smoothly. Everything was beautiful and we had no problems to deal with on our wedding day. They organized everything from our rehearsal to our sparkler exit and it was fantastic. At the end of the night our gifts had been moved up to our room and there were two meals, chocolate strawberries and champagne there for us to enjoy and relax with after a wonderful but busy wedding day!

Sent on 11/17/2015

We had our wedding party and guests stay here, we had our rehearsal dinner and farewell brunch. The entire experience was perfect! The staff was great to work with and the food was delicious.

Sent on 03/20/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/29/2015

Our experience with the Sheraton was absolutely wonderful! Every detail of our wedding was so perfect, from the initial tour, to ongoing correspondence with Paul, to everything the night of the wedding. I really did not have a single complaint. The food was hot and delicious, just like at the tasting. The cake options that they provide are also delicious and everyone is so easy to work with. Everything was set up just as I had requested, and they were willing to accommodate all of my requests. The ambiance in the ballroom on the river was absolutely beautiful and all of our pictures turned out amazing. I felt so at ease about everything knowing that it was all taken care of, and I was able to truly enjoying the process of wedding planning and focus on marrying the love of my life!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/29/2015

Paul is the most AMAZING man EVER!!! Always was available to answer questions, very prompt and reliable! He kept us calm and was so helpful in finding vendors for our wedding. I never had to stress over anything because he and his team would swoop in and take care of it all!

Sent on 07/13/2015